Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My school sucks
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Endie" date=2017-02-21 17:04:30] When I'm at school I just do it from my tablet. I fire up a VPN and I can go to whatever website/app I want. Also I found out the school's wifi password when the student wifi was down (there is one for students called GUEST and one for the teachers which has nothing blocked) so i'm all set. The password spread like wildfire around the school and I think everyone knows it by now. [/quote] lol yeah when my school decided to give everyone laptops VPN was where I was at. Pretty much anything with certain tagwords was blocked, then also major sites such as youtube. Even for teachers which was really odd :/ I feel bad because this meant even educational material can sometimes be blocked and we should be able to ~relax~ sometimes but also I remember when we all figured out how to download Halo 1 on all our computers and several students failed the class because of it. it's a difficult issue and unfortunately most people making making the decisions aren't technologically literate
Endie wrote on 2017-02-21:
When I'm at school I just do it from my tablet. I fire up a VPN and I can go to whatever website/app I want.

Also I found out the school's wifi password when the student wifi was down (there is one for students called GUEST and one for the teachers which has nothing blocked) so i'm all set. The password spread like wildfire around the school and I think everyone knows it by now.
lol yeah when my school decided to give everyone laptops VPN was where I was at.

Pretty much anything with certain tagwords was blocked, then also major sites such as youtube. Even for teachers which was really odd :/ I feel bad because this meant even educational material can sometimes be blocked and we should be able to ~relax~ sometimes but also I remember when we all figured out how to download Halo 1 on all our computers and several students failed the class because of it. it's a difficult issue and unfortunately most people making making the decisions aren't technologically literate

Oh boy.

My school has blocked pretty much everything social due to my principal's strong distaste towards technology and social media- which, to be fair, is reasonable. Many children who go to school are easily distracted by any form of social media they may not be restricted to.
My school has banned the use of mobile phones during school hours completely.

It sucks that you can't access this anymore though, haha.
Oh boy.

My school has blocked pretty much everything social due to my principal's strong distaste towards technology and social media- which, to be fair, is reasonable. Many children who go to school are easily distracted by any form of social media they may not be restricted to.
My school has banned the use of mobile phones during school hours completely.

It sucks that you can't access this anymore though, haha.
tumblr_inline_oorri4xYGa1u5ynwc_540.png
g585y1V.png
bYt72YT.png

Non-exalt lair. Striving to be an all-Mirror clan (with exceptions)!
Maddy, she/her | 19
AEST
My school doesn't allow use of any electronic device without permission from teachers, but everyone still uses their phones without permission anyway. Not only that, when it's recess everyone just sits around using their phones in plain sight, not afraid of random teachers walking around to catch students in the act. It helps that whenever a teacher is sighted, they run to all the classrooms to spread the word so everyone can abscond safely.
My school doesn't allow use of any electronic device without permission from teachers, but everyone still uses their phones without permission anyway. Not only that, when it's recess everyone just sits around using their phones in plain sight, not afraid of random teachers walking around to catch students in the act. It helps that whenever a teacher is sighted, they run to all the classrooms to spread the word so everyone can abscond safely.
2KAdknV.pngpixpet_mini_sunobra_pixel.gifLshkoju.pngdragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
[quote name="korvas" date=2017-02-21 18:50:14] [quote name="Endie" date=2017-02-21 17:04:30] When I'm at school I just do it from my tablet. I fire up a VPN and I can go to whatever website/app I want. Also I found out the school's wifi password when the student wifi was down (there is one for students called GUEST and one for the teachers which has nothing blocked) so i'm all set. The password spread like wildfire around the school and I think everyone knows it by now. [/quote] lol yeah when my school decided to give everyone laptops VPN was where I was at. Pretty much anything with certain tagwords was blocked, then also major sites such as youtube. Even for teachers which was really odd :/ I feel bad because this meant even educational material can sometimes be blocked and we should be able to ~relax~ sometimes but also I remember when we all figured out how to download Halo 1 on all our computers and several students failed the class because of it. it's a difficult issue and unfortunately most people making making the decisions aren't technologically literate [/quote] It's not that they're technologically illiterate because these types of rules aren't new by any means. They existed when I was in school back in the 90s and they will continue to exist. They are a distraction in a school environment so I completely stand by their choice to disallow the use of it during class when you're supposed to be learning. The school will also be liable if a student's phone is lost, damaged, or stolen and they don't want that so such policies also make sense in that regard. Schools can also get in trouble if a student is using their phone to do inappropriate things. These aren't just arbitrary rules
korvas wrote on 2017-02-21:
When I'm at school I just do it from my tablet. I fire up a VPN and I can go to whatever website/app I want.

Also I found out the school's wifi password when the student wifi was down (there is one for students called GUEST and one for the teachers which has nothing blocked) so i'm all set. The password spread like wildfire around the school and I think everyone knows it by now.
lol yeah when my school decided to give everyone laptops VPN was where I was at.

Pretty much anything with certain tagwords was blocked, then also major sites such as youtube. Even for teachers which was really odd :/ I feel bad because this meant even educational material can sometimes be blocked and we should be able to ~relax~ sometimes but also I remember when we all figured out how to download Halo 1 on all our computers and several students failed the class because of it. it's a difficult issue and unfortunately most people making making the decisions aren't technologically literate

It's not that they're technologically illiterate because these types of rules aren't new by any means. They existed when I was in school back in the 90s and they will continue to exist. They are a distraction in a school environment so I completely stand by their choice to disallow the use of it during class when you're supposed to be learning. The school will also be liable if a student's phone is lost, damaged, or stolen and they don't want that so such policies also make sense in that regard. Schools can also get in trouble if a student is using their phone to do inappropriate things. These aren't just arbitrary rules
water-banner-3_zpspqe7dfz3.gif

Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
End corruption now
FR's unblocked at my school as far as I know, but I only usually log on at breaktimes. I use the computers in the library. I have checked a couple of times in class when I was on the computers, it's unblocked then as well, I logged on during my Design and Manufacture class one morning because rollover maintenance ends as my school starts, only reason I was on was to check on the Bogsneak stuff xD
FR's unblocked at my school as far as I know, but I only usually log on at breaktimes. I use the computers in the library. I have checked a couple of times in class when I was on the computers, it's unblocked then as well, I logged on during my Design and Manufacture class one morning because rollover maintenance ends as my school starts, only reason I was on was to check on the Bogsneak stuff xD
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
[quote name="Plenilune" date=2017-02-22 05:50:19] [quote name="korvas" date=2017-02-21 18:50:14] [quote name="Endie" date=2017-02-21 17:04:30] When I'm at school I just do it from my tablet. I fire up a VPN and I can go to whatever website/app I want. Also I found out the school's wifi password when the student wifi was down (there is one for students called GUEST and one for the teachers which has nothing blocked) so i'm all set. The password spread like wildfire around the school and I think everyone knows it by now. [/quote] lol yeah when my school decided to give everyone laptops VPN was where I was at. Pretty much anything with certain tagwords was blocked, then also major sites such as youtube. Even for teachers which was really odd :/ I feel bad because this meant even educational material can sometimes be blocked and we should be able to ~relax~ sometimes but also I remember when we all figured out how to download Halo 1 on all our computers and several students failed the class because of it. it's a difficult issue and unfortunately most people making making the decisions aren't technologically literate [/quote] It's not that they're technologically illiterate because these types of rules aren't new by any means. They existed when I was in school back in the 90s and they will continue to exist. They are a distraction in a school environment so I completely stand by their choice to disallow the use of it during class when you're supposed to be learning. The school will also be liable if a student's phone is lost, damaged, or stolen and they don't want that so such policies also make sense in that regard. Schools can also get in trouble if a student is using their phone to do inappropriate things. These aren't just arbitrary rules [/quote] I definitely agree to this. I'm not criticising the OP, no, but this needed to be said. I know for certain that if my principal were here, he'd be having a rant. School isn't all bad, in fact, learning is really fun!
Plenilune wrote on 2017-02-22:
korvas wrote on 2017-02-21:

It's not that they're technologically illiterate because these types of rules aren't new by any means. They existed when I was in school back in the 90s and they will continue to exist. They are a distraction in a school environment so I completely stand by their choice to disallow the use of it during class when you're supposed to be learning. The school will also be liable if a student's phone is lost, damaged, or stolen and they don't want that so such policies also make sense in that regard. Schools can also get in trouble if a student is using their phone to do inappropriate things. These aren't just arbitrary rules

I definitely agree to this. I'm not criticising the OP, no, but this needed to be said. I know for certain that if my principal were here, he'd be having a rant. School isn't all bad, in fact, learning is really fun!
tumblr_inline_oorri4xYGa1u5ynwc_540.png
g585y1V.png
bYt72YT.png

Non-exalt lair. Striving to be an all-Mirror clan (with exceptions)!
Maddy, she/her | 19
AEST
My school's network blocks flight rising, so I breached the site blocker one day out of boredom :T
My school's network blocks flight rising, so I breached the site blocker one day out of boredom :T
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
Fun story: one time for marching band, I needed to look up a fingering chart and the results page was blocked because of "forbidden word: fingering"

Weirdly, though, FR and Tumblr have never been censored. .-.
Fun story: one time for marching band, I needed to look up a fingering chart and the results page was blocked because of "forbidden word: fingering"

Weirdly, though, FR and Tumblr have never been censored. .-.
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@LightShade07734
If you go to the help forum, there should be a thread called "Coliseum Safe Mode Link" or something like that. The link works for me at school.
@LightShade07734
If you go to the help forum, there should be a thread called "Coliseum Safe Mode Link" or something like that. The link works for me at school.
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
its not blocked at my school, neither are stores like amazon but theres tons of educational websites that are banned which is odd
the servers are terrible anyway so half the time yr glad just to get internet access ngl
its not blocked at my school, neither are stores like amazon but theres tons of educational websites that are banned which is odd
the servers are terrible anyway so half the time yr glad just to get internet access ngl
QZRMy.gif5rsP7.gif7A9On.gifEATfP.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6