Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Millipedes!
1 2 3
So, since "animals" will get me kicked out of my house, including lizards, i was considering getting a millipede! (since they arent animals, theyre invertebrates) I was wondering what other people think, and if anyone else on here keeps millipedes and if they have any advice! I was thinking about getting a bumblebee millipede d:0
So, since "animals" will get me kicked out of my house, including lizards, i was considering getting a millipede! (since they arent animals, theyre invertebrates) I was wondering what other people think, and if anyone else on here keeps millipedes and if they have any advice! I was thinking about getting a bumblebee millipede d:0
Nebula
He / Xe / They
Deviantart at ProtoplanetaryNebula
+2h FR time

GAY PRIDE!
Millipedes are cuuute! I don't have any myself but was considering them for a long time, before I ended up getting beetles instead.
Millipedes are cuuute! I don't have any myself but was considering them for a long time, before I ended up getting beetles instead.
LIo8D8G.gif
ooh, beetles are cool too!! Theres a lot of beetles out on our farm. We have these cool iridescent ones with almost neon orange legs d:0 and during drivers ed i found a huge beetle that was a little over an inch long behind the school. I have pics of him somewhere.
ooh, beetles are cool too!! Theres a lot of beetles out on our farm. We have these cool iridescent ones with almost neon orange legs d:0 and during drivers ed i found a huge beetle that was a little over an inch long behind the school. I have pics of him somewhere.
Nebula
He / Xe / They
+2h FR time

GAY PRIDE!
That's so weird that your parents would let you get a millipede over an animal, normally it's the other way around xD

I never considered keeping one as a pet though! Would be pretty cool, except my mom would literally skewer me if I brought one into our home....
That's so weird that your parents would let you get a millipede over an animal, normally it's the other way around xD

I never considered keeping one as a pet though! Would be pretty cool, except my mom would literally skewer me if I brought one into our home....
Axolotyl_Benediction.png
Millipedes are great! The only interactions I have with them are informal- I was the kid in our class who took all the centipedes, millipedes, freakishly large ants, and suspicious-looking dust clumps outside.
Millipedes are great! The only interactions I have with them are informal- I was the kid in our class who took all the centipedes, millipedes, freakishly large ants, and suspicious-looking dust clumps outside.
Check out my co-owned Wings of Fire themed hatchery! Z1mj4pe.png
Millipedes and invertebrates are technically animals....
Millipedes and invertebrates are technically animals....
They are in the animal kingdom, but aw they're so cute and tickley! I wish you luck in getting them! I've handled them, they're extremely cool and very harmless.
They are in the animal kingdom, but aw they're so cute and tickley! I wish you luck in getting them! I've handled them, they're extremely cool and very harmless.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/3b2cf674f32008541e0835b7c5247b2e/tumblr_mfrv6jG0b31qdqgrlo1_400.gif[/img]
tumblr_mfrv6jG0b31qdqgrlo1_400.gif
Untitled443_20221209154031.png
My family is the same way- I'm a nature lover and I basically need a menagerie to be happy, but my mom hates pets, and so she'd rather let me keep extremely inoffensive creatures like mantids than have me badger her for a rat. My dad would buy anything "cool" on impulse, and we almost got bumblebee millipedes today, but I wouldn't go through with it unless I knew what I was getting into.

I'm just going to sit in a corner here waiting for people to come with information.
My family is the same way- I'm a nature lover and I basically need a menagerie to be happy, but my mom hates pets, and so she'd rather let me keep extremely inoffensive creatures like mantids than have me badger her for a rat. My dad would buy anything "cool" on impulse, and we almost got bumblebee millipedes today, but I wouldn't go through with it unless I knew what I was getting into.

I'm just going to sit in a corner here waiting for people to come with information.
image.png
@GingerC

So far i know that they need a container with air holes, half filled with dirt, and rotting leaves/wood, as well as a mister or spray bottle for humidity and a heat pad d:0 ive been digging around on the internet but i was curious to see if anyne here knew anything more! it also seems to vary from species to species but they eat anything from the rotting wood and leaves to fruits and veggies, and ground up eggshell is a good calcium substance. (i feel like im going to end up getting as invested in millipede care as i have with lizard care)
@GingerC

So far i know that they need a container with air holes, half filled with dirt, and rotting leaves/wood, as well as a mister or spray bottle for humidity and a heat pad d:0 ive been digging around on the internet but i was curious to see if anyne here knew anything more! it also seems to vary from species to species but they eat anything from the rotting wood and leaves to fruits and veggies, and ground up eggshell is a good calcium substance. (i feel like im going to end up getting as invested in millipede care as i have with lizard care)
Nebula
He / Xe / They
+2h FR time

GAY PRIDE!
1 2 3