Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Mass Effect fans?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
OHMIGAWD GUYS THE HAMSTER IS BACK!!!!

...sort of.
OHMIGAWD GUYS THE HAMSTER IS BACK!!!!

...sort of.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
All my yes
All my yes
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Click :D
@Zenikay This is you with your PC right now :P [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/98537cdfe02795dba85fd3dda6b8f14a/tumblr_inline_mmrl8j0tOr1qz4rgp.gif[/img]
@Zenikay

This is you with your PC right now :P

tumblr_inline_mmrl8j0tOr1qz4rgp.gif
Sarcastic Scott is actually Hawke in space.
No idea what he's doing and making jokes in the worst situations.
Garrett Ryder.
Sarcastic Scott is actually Hawke in space.
No idea what he's doing and making jokes in the worst situations.
Garrett Ryder.
"Solas, have I ever wanted to hear one of your endless explanations? Ever."
@ArchieHicox - funny you should say that, because the guy who did male Hawke's voice in DA 2 does the voice of one of the characters in Andromeda - Reyes Vidal.
@ArchieHicox - funny you should say that, because the guy who did male Hawke's voice in DA 2 does the voice of one of the characters in Andromeda - Reyes Vidal.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
@Reltseo
I knooow. ;-;
But tbh Reyes is Zevran in space.
And if you beat the game, there's another surprise waiting (or more than one, actually).

I just wish there was a real romance scene. I mean come on. Not even Vetra got a proper one, while they managed to do one for Jaal. And only two friggin m/m options (and I don't even like Gil) because they apparently "ran out of time" AGAIN. Or whatever other excuse they come up with for making an originally bisexual character hetero. (Cullen, anyone? Kaidan in ME1? Eh?)
REALLY disappointed by how BW handled this. Like seriously. Thought they had learned. They did somewhat good in DAI. This was a huge step back, and I know people are really mad. It does feel like BW is just not listening to its fans :/
long story short, my Scott ended up with Peebs AND Vetra, thanks to bug.
@Reltseo
I knooow. ;-;
But tbh Reyes is Zevran in space.
And if you beat the game, there's another surprise waiting (or more than one, actually).

I just wish there was a real romance scene. I mean come on. Not even Vetra got a proper one, while they managed to do one for Jaal. And only two friggin m/m options (and I don't even like Gil) because they apparently "ran out of time" AGAIN. Or whatever other excuse they come up with for making an originally bisexual character hetero. (Cullen, anyone? Kaidan in ME1? Eh?)
REALLY disappointed by how BW handled this. Like seriously. Thought they had learned. They did somewhat good in DAI. This was a huge step back, and I know people are really mad. It does feel like BW is just not listening to its fans :/
long story short, my Scott ended up with Peebs AND Vetra, thanks to bug.
@ArchieHicox - Oooh, I'm tempted to ask what the surprise is, but I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Heh, I'm actually relieved when they skip over the "intimate" scenes in the relationship parts. Like from a story point I don't mind, but it's really awkward to watch when the people are these fake, animated characters with really weird movements and facial expressions. I always skip over them. :P

Hmmm, sure it was a bug? Because I know that Peebs comes on to you at some point whether you have flirted with her or anyone else or not, and you can go on to have a FWB kind of thing with her.
@ArchieHicox - Oooh, I'm tempted to ask what the surprise is, but I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Heh, I'm actually relieved when they skip over the "intimate" scenes in the relationship parts. Like from a story point I don't mind, but it's really awkward to watch when the people are these fake, animated characters with really weird movements and facial expressions. I always skip over them. :P

Hmmm, sure it was a bug? Because I know that Peebs comes on to you at some point whether you have flirted with her or anyone else or not, and you can go on to have a FWB kind of thing with her.
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
@Reltseo
Tipp: After the credits, read the emails at the terminal. Carefully.

I get if you wanna skip that part. But if a game's rated 18+, then there should at least be a reason for it. And if they include such a scene, they should do it for EVERY LI, not just 3 or 4 (idk about Liam's). How they handle m/m is generally extremely unfair. It's like they went "uh oh, no we can't show that! More lesbians!" There's no male alien for Scott and no squadmate either. Using the same animation for both Ryders is also cheap. When Scott and Reyes dance, Scott looks up, which is probably due to Sara being shorter. Helloo, eyes are down here, or have you seen a spider on the ceiling, Scott?
To be fair, the facial animations are bad throughout the entire game. There were some parts that really made me shudder. Imo, the romance scenes for Peebs and Cora are actually not bad, and Jaal's kinda ok too.
It's just quite sad how even DAI's facial expressions (and characters in general) look better than MEA's.

And yeah, I think so. My Scott was Zero-G buddies with Peebs, then started a committed relationship with Vetra. Did Peebs loyalty mission and after that, ended up in a committed relationship with her. For all I know, being FWB locks you out of a full romance with Peebee. I've seen though that this happened to others too, with Peebs and Cora/Suvi, so I'm not the only one who had this happen lol
@Reltseo
Tipp: After the credits, read the emails at the terminal. Carefully.

I get if you wanna skip that part. But if a game's rated 18+, then there should at least be a reason for it. And if they include such a scene, they should do it for EVERY LI, not just 3 or 4 (idk about Liam's). How they handle m/m is generally extremely unfair. It's like they went "uh oh, no we can't show that! More lesbians!" There's no male alien for Scott and no squadmate either. Using the same animation for both Ryders is also cheap. When Scott and Reyes dance, Scott looks up, which is probably due to Sara being shorter. Helloo, eyes are down here, or have you seen a spider on the ceiling, Scott?
To be fair, the facial animations are bad throughout the entire game. There were some parts that really made me shudder. Imo, the romance scenes for Peebs and Cora are actually not bad, and Jaal's kinda ok too.
It's just quite sad how even DAI's facial expressions (and characters in general) look better than MEA's.

And yeah, I think so. My Scott was Zero-G buddies with Peebs, then started a committed relationship with Vetra. Did Peebs loyalty mission and after that, ended up in a committed relationship with her. For all I know, being FWB locks you out of a full romance with Peebee. I've seen though that this happened to others too, with Peebs and Cora/Suvi, so I'm not the only one who had this happen lol
@ArchieHicox - I shall!

Yeah, I do get it. Media in general doesn't treat m/m relationships well. The most you can often hope for is a kiss, maybe even a make out scene, but no more. It's like some unspoken law. I do believe we will get there eventually, but it's been at slow crawl.

They did really cheap out on the animations and it's really disappointing giving how much money and time they sunk into this (apparently). Come on guys, Witcher 3 is two years younger than you and the people look infinitely better. And yet, I can run THAT game with all the graphics maxed out, but I can't do it with Andromeda.

I hear that they're working on a fix, but I'm not holding out that it will help much. And they better not make you pay for it.

Hah, wow, they really want you to hook up with Peebee, whether you want to or not. :P
@ArchieHicox - I shall!

Yeah, I do get it. Media in general doesn't treat m/m relationships well. The most you can often hope for is a kiss, maybe even a make out scene, but no more. It's like some unspoken law. I do believe we will get there eventually, but it's been at slow crawl.

They did really cheap out on the animations and it's really disappointing giving how much money and time they sunk into this (apparently). Come on guys, Witcher 3 is two years younger than you and the people look infinitely better. And yet, I can run THAT game with all the graphics maxed out, but I can't do it with Andromeda.

I hear that they're working on a fix, but I'm not holding out that it will help much. And they better not make you pay for it.

Hah, wow, they really want you to hook up with Peebee, whether you want to or not. :P
lF5nfl9.png tShJXZX.png
@Reltseo
Here we can only hope BW will eventually listen and make up for the mess they created. But tbh I'm having a hard time finding some hope, as we've been let down by BW quite a few times now.

While I'd say animations in HZD were far from perfect as well, it was still much better. Hell, even The Last of Us looks better. And I'm not talking of the remastered version, but good ole PS3.
I think the absolutely worst scene I've seen was when Scott hugged Vetra, and lemme tell you. That stare. Those eyes. It was TERRIFYING. Animation straight outta a nightmare.

Peebee's romance is hella cute tho. She can be very sweet, and funny at the same time. 10/10 do recommend.
I actually could've picked "let's just stay friends", but I wanted to see if it had any effect, but apart from a few glitches (*cough* merging *cough*), it wasn't a problem.
I guess Peebee simply doesn't care about anyone else lol Sharing is caring?
Turning down Gil was kinda hilarious though. Mean, but hilarious.
@Reltseo
Here we can only hope BW will eventually listen and make up for the mess they created. But tbh I'm having a hard time finding some hope, as we've been let down by BW quite a few times now.

While I'd say animations in HZD were far from perfect as well, it was still much better. Hell, even The Last of Us looks better. And I'm not talking of the remastered version, but good ole PS3.
I think the absolutely worst scene I've seen was when Scott hugged Vetra, and lemme tell you. That stare. Those eyes. It was TERRIFYING. Animation straight outta a nightmare.

Peebee's romance is hella cute tho. She can be very sweet, and funny at the same time. 10/10 do recommend.
I actually could've picked "let's just stay friends", but I wanted to see if it had any effect, but apart from a few glitches (*cough* merging *cough*), it wasn't a problem.
I guess Peebee simply doesn't care about anyone else lol Sharing is caring?
Turning down Gil was kinda hilarious though. Mean, but hilarious.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10