Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Robot Appreciation Club Thread
1 2 3 4
Welcome to the Robot Club! It is time to appreciate robots. What is your favorite robot? Why? Does this robot exhibit robotic things? What makes this robot special to you? Does said unit have a soul? There are literally no requirements for joining this club, other than the fact that you must love robots. I'm serious, that's it. You're automatically in the club if you make even a single mere post. Before we discuss, I shall appreciate my own favorite robot, Bastion, from Overwatch. [img]https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/overwatch.gamepedia.com/d/d0/Bastion-portrait.png[/img] If you know anything about my progenitor dragon or previous Portal obsession, then you'd automatically assume my favorite robot would be Wheatley, right? WRONG! Wheatley is horrified by birds! He's even[i] murdered[/i] them! Birds are my favorite kind of animal. And guess what Bastion has? A PET BIRD. (or perhaps it is the other way around...?) Birds birds birds birds birds birds I love birds. I also love robots. And what else makes Bastion the best? HE TURNS INTO A GIANT GUN. That's right! [s]Everyone's[/s] my favorite nature-loving adorable robot is basically a sentient weapon of mass destruction. Absolutely adorable! awwww GLaDOS is a close contender but you know she [s]also hates birds[/s] (edit: nvm I just remembered mister chubby beak). But Bastion actually has arms and legs, and that is a pretty important factor. And he also has a pet bird. Don't forget that. Despite the fact that he's basically won every Play of the Game ever and had temporarily removed fun from the universe for a few weeks and may or may not have killed the last Ivory Billed Woodpecker in existence, Bastion is still awesome. (his bird-murder doesn't count! it was an accident! Wheatley did it in COLD BLOOD! BASTION DID NOTHING WRONG!) Ahem. Now, it is time! Begin appreciating your favorite robots!
Welcome to the Robot Club! It is time to appreciate robots. What is your favorite robot? Why? Does this robot exhibit robotic things? What makes this robot special to you? Does said unit have a soul? There are literally no requirements for joining this club, other than the fact that you must love robots. I'm serious, that's it. You're automatically in the club if you make even a single mere post.

Before we discuss, I shall appreciate my own favorite robot, Bastion, from Overwatch.

Bastion-portrait.png

If you know anything about my progenitor dragon or previous Portal obsession, then you'd automatically assume my favorite robot would be Wheatley, right? WRONG! Wheatley is horrified by birds! He's even murdered them!

Birds are my favorite kind of animal. And guess what Bastion has? A PET BIRD. (or perhaps it is the other way around...?)

Birds birds birds birds birds birds I love birds.
I also love robots.

And what else makes Bastion the best?

HE TURNS INTO A GIANT GUN.
That's right! Everyone's my favorite nature-loving adorable robot is basically a sentient weapon of mass destruction. Absolutely adorable! awwww

GLaDOS is a close contender but you know she also hates birds (edit: nvm I just remembered mister chubby beak). But Bastion actually has arms and legs, and that is a pretty important factor. And he also has a pet bird. Don't forget that.

Despite the fact that he's basically won every Play of the Game ever and had temporarily removed fun from the universe for a few weeks and may or may not have killed the last Ivory Billed Woodpecker in existence, Bastion is still awesome. (his bird-murder doesn't count! it was an accident! Wheatley did it in COLD BLOOD! BASTION DID NOTHING WRONG!)

Ahem.
Now, it is time! Begin appreciating your favorite robots!
banner_by_randomcreaturez-da1jgtt.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VjNg9Fp.jpg[/img]
VjNg9Fp.jpg
@Cynictis
I want those glasses
@Cynictis
I want those glasses
All of the different droids from Star Wars have such great personalities. XDBut out of them all, R2D2 is totally my favorite!

But Wall-E from Disney is cute too.

And let's not forget Iron Man's Jarvis, even though he's an AI not really a robot...

And Iko from the Lunar Chronicles is adorable too,
All of the different droids from Star Wars have such great personalities. XDBut out of them all, R2D2 is totally my favorite!

But Wall-E from Disney is cute too.

And let's not forget Iron Man's Jarvis, even though he's an AI not really a robot...

And Iko from the Lunar Chronicles is adorable too,
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@ImpossibleJedi4
When JARVIS died in the ultron movie I was more distraught than when, like, everyone else died.

@ImpossibleJedi4
When JARVIS died in the ultron movie I was more distraught than when, like, everyone else died.

@LongneckLlama
I know it was so sad! D: I nearly cried, but when he came back I was very happy. I actually named my iPhone Jarvis and set Siri to a British male voice, so it works! XD Two of my friends have even gotten him to make Iron Man references.
@LongneckLlama
I know it was so sad! D: I nearly cried, but when he came back I was very happy. I actually named my iPhone Jarvis and set Siri to a British male voice, so it works! XD Two of my friends have even gotten him to make Iron Man references.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Don't get me started @Longneckllama

Every single claptrap ever in borderlands
BB-8, R2D2, C3PO, Jarvis (shhhh totally a robot), Ultron, Bastion, Zenyatta, Cayde-6, Wheatley, GLaDOS, all cores all of them, every robot in metal gear every single one (not raiden though too much human)
Basically every single robot character ever I love robots I need to be stopped
Don't get me started @Longneckllama

Every single claptrap ever in borderlands
BB-8, R2D2, C3PO, Jarvis (shhhh totally a robot), Ultron, Bastion, Zenyatta, Cayde-6, Wheatley, GLaDOS, all cores all of them, every robot in metal gear every single one (not raiden though too much human)
Basically every single robot character ever I love robots I need to be stopped
Q8efDEB.png
@logicalDiviner
ARE YOU ME FROM AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE?!
@logicalDiviner
ARE YOU ME FROM AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE?!
@Longneckllama
HELLO ME IT IS NICE TO MEET ME
(also I forgot wall-E, every robot from wall-E, every ghost and exo in destiny, and the list goes on)
@Longneckllama
HELLO ME IT IS NICE TO MEET ME
(also I forgot wall-E, every robot from wall-E, every ghost and exo in destiny, and the list goes on)
Q8efDEB.png
ED-E is and always will be my most favourite robot ever. *excited beeping*
ED-E is and always will be my most favourite robot ever. *excited beeping*
1 2 3 4