Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Cave Hub
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 367 368
@lillian1744
I know that feel
@lillian1744
I know that feel
BEXx3Jf.gif"Forget the curveball Ricky, give him the heater!"
eCH I used to be obsessed with DC, I don't play it as much anymore but if you see anything you want me to breed on my scroll just ask and I'll give you whatever.
eCH I used to be obsessed with DC, I don't play it as much anymore but if you see anything you want me to breed on my scroll just ask and I'll give you whatever.
I have cared less and less about DC. They made it harder to even get sprites put on the completed list, the site owner doesn't communicate.. artists who already have art in site get priority.. there there was the whole Valentines release fiasco this year. Real professional.
As much as people like to rant about here, at least FR doesn't have an encyclopedia dramatica page yet.

But really.. the only appeal of DC is breeding lineages and trading for lines you need, and that all started to go to heck when the prize dragons were given out. 'Yes, it's a great idea to give out a limited, random number of special dragons that nobody else can ever get again as CB, and let them breed so they can ask for 5 golds and 5 silvers for one egg while those two breeds grow increasingly rare!' (sarcasm is sarcasm, it wasn't great). And some people won twice. and some people who won multi-accounted and got banned.. and those were never redistributed.
FR has its share of rare things too.. but not everyone being able to get a gen 1 Imperial doesn't affect the game as much as it does DC. DC's continued interest for a a lot of people boils down to lineage projects, and making several popular breeds either only one-time obtainable as CB, or even worse, randomly obtainable, where nothing you could do insured you could get them (the prizes), was a bad move.
The holidays I understand why they were originally a 1-time release. You couldn't really make lineages with them before, because they were limited to 2 per scroll. But now that they're not, their limited availability is just as bad as the prizes were.
Some users propose a fix is an in-game store, where you'd earn points by hatching more common dragons and raising them.. but the site owner as usual has yet to give any feedback on if he would even implement such a thing. It would fix a lot of problems and it's sad that it probably won't ever happen.

Basically.. I've fallen out of love with DC. It has failed to improve itself, and only seems to be a magnet for controversy. They have a whole secret forum for in-cave artists, and it's hard to even get your foot in the door anymore, it's not even worth the trouble. Never mind the paperwork they for some reason won't let you sign in advance. It's a mess.
I have cared less and less about DC. They made it harder to even get sprites put on the completed list, the site owner doesn't communicate.. artists who already have art in site get priority.. there there was the whole Valentines release fiasco this year. Real professional.
As much as people like to rant about here, at least FR doesn't have an encyclopedia dramatica page yet.

But really.. the only appeal of DC is breeding lineages and trading for lines you need, and that all started to go to heck when the prize dragons were given out. 'Yes, it's a great idea to give out a limited, random number of special dragons that nobody else can ever get again as CB, and let them breed so they can ask for 5 golds and 5 silvers for one egg while those two breeds grow increasingly rare!' (sarcasm is sarcasm, it wasn't great). And some people won twice. and some people who won multi-accounted and got banned.. and those were never redistributed.
FR has its share of rare things too.. but not everyone being able to get a gen 1 Imperial doesn't affect the game as much as it does DC. DC's continued interest for a a lot of people boils down to lineage projects, and making several popular breeds either only one-time obtainable as CB, or even worse, randomly obtainable, where nothing you could do insured you could get them (the prizes), was a bad move.
The holidays I understand why they were originally a 1-time release. You couldn't really make lineages with them before, because they were limited to 2 per scroll. But now that they're not, their limited availability is just as bad as the prizes were.
Some users propose a fix is an in-game store, where you'd earn points by hatching more common dragons and raising them.. but the site owner as usual has yet to give any feedback on if he would even implement such a thing. It would fix a lot of problems and it's sad that it probably won't ever happen.

Basically.. I've fallen out of love with DC. It has failed to improve itself, and only seems to be a magnet for controversy. They have a whole secret forum for in-cave artists, and it's hard to even get your foot in the door anymore, it's not even worth the trouble. Never mind the paperwork they for some reason won't let you sign in advance. It's a mess.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
[color=#006ab8]Hey, new release! Check [b][url=https://forums.dragcave.net/?showtopic=179009]here[/url][/b] for details. I so wish they'd release them on a consistent schedule, though. >_> [img]http://i.imgur.com/lzoMiyk.gif[/img] This striped egg has a warm glow. >> Coast [img]http://i.imgur.com/KO6PxlK.png[/img] This egg seems quite harmless. >> Desert, Volcano The orange one seems to be dimorphic in both adult and hatchling, whereas the grey is adult. I kinda hate trying to get new releases, as you have to click through at least a hundred eggs to finally get one, and it's always around 1-2 AM when they release... @DragonArbock Yeah, I so get what you're saying. I just like looking at pixel art and trying to make nice lineages. Making a sprite would be nice, but, as you stated, it's just too hard and not worth it, as in-caves usually win and you'd have to deal with the toxic forums. And yeah, that Valentine's Day release was a mess; I can't look at the dragon without feeling annoyed by the whole thing.
Hey, new release! Check here for details. I so wish they'd release them on a consistent schedule, though. >_>

lzoMiyk.gif This striped egg has a warm glow. >> Coast
KO6PxlK.png This egg seems quite harmless. >> Desert, Volcano

The orange one seems to be dimorphic in both adult and hatchling, whereas the grey is adult.

I kinda hate trying to get new releases, as you have to click through at least a hundred eggs to finally get one, and it's always around 1-2 AM when they release...

@DragonArbock Yeah, I so get what you're saying. I just like looking at pixel art and trying to make nice lineages. Making a sprite would be nice, but, as you stated, it's just too hard and not worth it, as in-caves usually win and you'd have to deal with the toxic forums. And yeah, that Valentine's Day release was a mess; I can't look at the dragon without feeling annoyed by the whole thing.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
@Natakiro Oh wow a new release? About time.
I just managed to grab 4 of the Desert/volcano and 3 of the coast ones fairly easy, so trying to get them isn't too bad as of now. I can't say that will stay the same in a few hours lol

And yeah, I second what was said about spriters.Very rarely do you ever see any new spriters arise. I always wanted to make sprites, but how the community reacts and picks on a n y t h i n g and the fact that spriting is only open to the elite is very discouraging.
@Natakiro Oh wow a new release? About time.
I just managed to grab 4 of the Desert/volcano and 3 of the coast ones fairly easy, so trying to get them isn't too bad as of now. I can't say that will stay the same in a few hours lol

And yeah, I second what was said about spriters.Very rarely do you ever see any new spriters arise. I always wanted to make sprites, but how the community reacts and picks on a n y t h i n g and the fact that spriting is only open to the elite is very discouraging.
I've only joined DC sometime early this year d:// i havent really been on the forums either, i just like collecting the dragons. I'm super excited for the new releases but my scroll is locked, ofc dX//
I've only joined DC sometime early this year d:// i havent really been on the forums either, i just like collecting the dragons. I'm super excited for the new releases but my scroll is locked, ofc dX//
Nebula
He / Xe / They
Deviantart at ProtoplanetaryNebula
+2h FR time

GAY PRIDE!
@Natakiro
Dang thanks for the update, I never new until now :3
Also what did happen at the Valentines event? I was too busy with some commissions and stuff to notice.
@Natakiro
Dang thanks for the update, I never new until now :3
Also what did happen at the Valentines event? I was too busy with some commissions and stuff to notice.
@Grinnie Glad that you found out! ^^ I wasn't expecting a new release at all, but fortunately I had the space. I got used to them releasing new dragons on the day that the festivals here start.

And about the Valentine's Day fiasco: It was a problem with the artist who did the submission that won; the admin found that they broke some of the rules of the artist contract. But this was only AFTER the dragon was already released...both hatchling stages were already in people's scrolls. So they quickly pulled the sprites, keeping the same idea behind the dragon originally, though, and had all-new ones made up fast to replace them. A lot of people started complaining cuz they liked the old designs more. This was also compounded by the fact that there was no explanation given as to why they were pulled until after the artist had started saying why on other sites. Then they touched up the new sprites because people were complaining that they were sloppy, and THEN they changed the description because people said that it was too similar to the previous-year's Valentine's dragon. blah blah blah...messy, toxic drama. :/ It left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Here's the link to the event page where TJ09 finally reveals what was going on.

And here's a general page covering what happened.
@Grinnie Glad that you found out! ^^ I wasn't expecting a new release at all, but fortunately I had the space. I got used to them releasing new dragons on the day that the festivals here start.

And about the Valentine's Day fiasco: It was a problem with the artist who did the submission that won; the admin found that they broke some of the rules of the artist contract. But this was only AFTER the dragon was already released...both hatchling stages were already in people's scrolls. So they quickly pulled the sprites, keeping the same idea behind the dragon originally, though, and had all-new ones made up fast to replace them. A lot of people started complaining cuz they liked the old designs more. This was also compounded by the fact that there was no explanation given as to why they were pulled until after the artist had started saying why on other sites. Then they touched up the new sprites because people were complaining that they were sloppy, and THEN they changed the description because people said that it was too similar to the previous-year's Valentine's dragon. blah blah blah...messy, toxic drama. :/ It left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Here's the link to the event page where TJ09 finally reveals what was going on.

And here's a general page covering what happened.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
@Natakiro
thank you
@Natakiro
thank you
@Natakiro Can I ask, what does CB mean? And what makes a lineage nice?
@Natakiro Can I ask, what does CB mean? And what makes a lineage nice?
9ZmzY.gif
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 367 368