Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Best/Oddest Compliment You've Received
1 2 3 4 5
@Disillusionist
Oh no, it doesn't stop there. Did I mention that at times, some say 'Oh, are you kids triplets?'
I guess we are the look-alike siblings! :-) Also, our ages are really close! Like, around a year apart?
Now I'm changing my username to KawaiiGuyInCorner

@Disillusionist
Edit: I'm curious, but, is your Mum still mad at the other Mum? No need to say though!
Anyways, fun storytabout mistaken identity! I once got mistaken to be a mannequin when I was little... oh gosh, that man was so shocked when I reacted to his poke XD At least he apologised! He was pretty embarrassed and my Mum thought he was trying to intimidate me!
@Disillusionist
Oh no, it doesn't stop there. Did I mention that at times, some say 'Oh, are you kids triplets?'
I guess we are the look-alike siblings! :-) Also, our ages are really close! Like, around a year apart?
Now I'm changing my username to KawaiiGuyInCorner

@Disillusionist
Edit: I'm curious, but, is your Mum still mad at the other Mum? No need to say though!
Anyways, fun storytabout mistaken identity! I once got mistaken to be a mannequin when I was little... oh gosh, that man was so shocked when I reacted to his poke XD At least he apologised! He was pretty embarrassed and my Mum thought he was trying to intimidate me!
nSeiSYR.gif * You never fail until you stop trying
* Success is not final, failure not fatal; have the courage to continue
* Change does not come from avoiding failure, it comes from learning from it

~Believe you can and you're already halfway there~
o4ZSXMr.gif
d
a
i
l
y

>

b
a
d
g
e

>

1RSWs3W.png
@GuyInCorner Bahahaha! Hey, you could use that to your advantage. Swap places, like the Prince and the Pauper and the...uh...Princess?
KawaiiGuyInCornerAi!
@GuyInCorner Bahahaha! Hey, you could use that to your advantage. Swap places, like the Prince and the Pauper and the...uh...Princess?
KawaiiGuyInCornerAi!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist
Whoops, that answer came faster than by edit! :-0 Let me repeat it:

I'm curious, but, is your Mum still mad at the other Mum? No need to say though!

Anyways, fun story about mistaken identity! I once got mistaken to be a mannequin when I was little... oh gosh, that man was so shocked when I reacted to his poke XD At least he apologised! He was pretty embarrassed and my Mum thought he was trying to intimidate me!
@Disillusionist
Whoops, that answer came faster than by edit! :-0 Let me repeat it:

I'm curious, but, is your Mum still mad at the other Mum? No need to say though!

Anyways, fun story about mistaken identity! I once got mistaken to be a mannequin when I was little... oh gosh, that man was so shocked when I reacted to his poke XD At least he apologised! He was pretty embarrassed and my Mum thought he was trying to intimidate me!

o4ZSXMr.gif
d
a
i
l
y

>

b
a
d
g
e

>

1RSWs3W.png
@GuyInCorner Ahh, yeah, I didn't see that.
I don't think my mom is angry about it, but last time we talked about the incident, she said, "That lady was crazy!" while I just laughed like a dork.
I think she was making those shooing motions because she was afraid I'd say something horrendous.

Haha! The mannequin story sounds fun. I used to be scared of those when I was a small kid.
@GuyInCorner Ahh, yeah, I didn't see that.
I don't think my mom is angry about it, but last time we talked about the incident, she said, "That lady was crazy!" while I just laughed like a dork.
I think she was making those shooing motions because she was afraid I'd say something horrendous.

Haha! The mannequin story sounds fun. I used to be scared of those when I was a small kid.
@Disillusionist
I'm probably going to be that crazy lady... I can't remember faces and therefore, what genders are supposed to look like sometimes.

Yay! Now I have a story to tell to my friends. I can't believe I forgot that mannequin story 'til now! It was 'fun' with a 'ny' :-) I was also scared of mannequins because they looked like real people to me that may have been frozen (like what!).

Oh yeah! Actually, about the swap thing, in primary school, everyone wanted me to swap classes (to fool those who could't tell the difference like teachers), and now it's swapping Highschools! (which would be crazy coz I know no-one in my sibling's Highschool). But maybe one day, one day...!
@Disillusionist
I'm probably going to be that crazy lady... I can't remember faces and therefore, what genders are supposed to look like sometimes.

Yay! Now I have a story to tell to my friends. I can't believe I forgot that mannequin story 'til now! It was 'fun' with a 'ny' :-) I was also scared of mannequins because they looked like real people to me that may have been frozen (like what!).

Oh yeah! Actually, about the swap thing, in primary school, everyone wanted me to swap classes (to fool those who could't tell the difference like teachers), and now it's swapping Highschools! (which would be crazy coz I know no-one in my sibling's Highschool). But maybe one day, one day...!

o4ZSXMr.gif
d
a
i
l
y

>

b
a
d
g
e

>

1RSWs3W.png
@GuyInCorner Eeeee, me, too. I can't remember faces right away. When new employees arrive at our office, I always warn them, "Dear, I'm sorry, but I'm going to be asking you 'What's your name?' for about 2 weeks before I can remember your face perfectly."
I was also scared of mannequins for the same reason. And good luck (someday!) in your swapping quest! Just be careful not to get into trouble. XD
@GuyInCorner Eeeee, me, too. I can't remember faces right away. When new employees arrive at our office, I always warn them, "Dear, I'm sorry, but I'm going to be asking you 'What's your name?' for about 2 weeks before I can remember your face perfectly."
I was also scared of mannequins for the same reason. And good luck (someday!) in your swapping quest! Just be careful not to get into trouble. XD
Oh wow, this thread picked up quickly. I was just having a driving lesson and suddenly people are all over my thread. Not that I'm complaining though.

@somersault
I know the struggle with long hair that everyone wants to touch. I've had so many family friends (as well as strangers) approach me and be like "Oh my, such long, beautiful curls! Are they natural?? I'd kill for curls like these!!" Yes, thank you, lady, but could you stop touching my hair now?

@GuyInCorner
Those are... some interesting compliments. "Your hairstyle matches your knuckles." Wonder how those two go together.

@Disillusionist
Okay, I'd rather be called a cartoon character than an evil angel, haha. An interesting compliment nonetheless.
I've never been mistaken for a guy! But then again, I do look pretty feminine, even though I try to dress more androgynously sometimes (I'm non-binary).

@KyuremStar
Tbh I know what you mean. I have some family friends who are professional hairstylists and makeup artists, and for my birthday a few years ago they gifted me a makeover with a photoshoot by an actual photographer. When my classmates saw my pictures, a lot of them asked me if I want to become a model. I was like nah lol, ****'s too hard. Also the way I looked in those photos after the makeover was as far from my regular appearance as it could be, and I wasn't actually comfortable. ._.
Oh wow, this thread picked up quickly. I was just having a driving lesson and suddenly people are all over my thread. Not that I'm complaining though.

@somersault
I know the struggle with long hair that everyone wants to touch. I've had so many family friends (as well as strangers) approach me and be like "Oh my, such long, beautiful curls! Are they natural?? I'd kill for curls like these!!" Yes, thank you, lady, but could you stop touching my hair now?

@GuyInCorner
Those are... some interesting compliments. "Your hairstyle matches your knuckles." Wonder how those two go together.

@Disillusionist
Okay, I'd rather be called a cartoon character than an evil angel, haha. An interesting compliment nonetheless.
I've never been mistaken for a guy! But then again, I do look pretty feminine, even though I try to dress more androgynously sometimes (I'm non-binary).

@KyuremStar
Tbh I know what you mean. I have some family friends who are professional hairstylists and makeup artists, and for my birthday a few years ago they gifted me a makeover with a photoshoot by an actual photographer. When my classmates saw my pictures, a lot of them asked me if I want to become a model. I was like nah lol, ****'s too hard. Also the way I looked in those photos after the makeover was as far from my regular appearance as it could be, and I wasn't actually comfortable. ._.
My bio commissions page
My pixel commissions page
We sometimes have to use a PA system type thing at work. We've had a few people tell us we sound really sweet and innocent over it. Always makes things kinda awkward.

And yeah we have long, curly hair. People are all over it all the time :c
We sometimes have to use a PA system type thing at work. We've had a few people tell us we sound really sweet and innocent over it. Always makes things kinda awkward.

And yeah we have long, curly hair. People are all over it all the time :c
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Lonin
I've begun having my hair short, but that doesn't stop people from wanting to touch it without consent because of my curls. It sucks! Why can't people just keep their fingers to themselves?
@Lonin
I've begun having my hair short, but that doesn't stop people from wanting to touch it without consent because of my curls. It sucks! Why can't people just keep their fingers to themselves?
My bio commissions page
My pixel commissions page
Okay, I have the weirdest compliment story. My friends and I were at the racetrack celebrating my birthday, and we ducked away from the races to see the paddock and the shopping stalls some vendors had set up. We were all looking at this woman's jewelry, and my friends moved on to buy...bath bombs, I think? Anyways, I had gotten a bracelet tangled, so I was trying to untangle it so I could put it back on the stand. Then the woman tells me I'm beautiful and kind and that she hopes her son finds a girl like me. I was like, "Umm, thank you." By then I had the bracelet untangled, so I quickly said goodbye and found my friends.
Okay, I have the weirdest compliment story. My friends and I were at the racetrack celebrating my birthday, and we ducked away from the races to see the paddock and the shopping stalls some vendors had set up. We were all looking at this woman's jewelry, and my friends moved on to buy...bath bombs, I think? Anyways, I had gotten a bracelet tangled, so I was trying to untangle it so I could put it back on the stand. Then the woman tells me I'm beautiful and kind and that she hopes her son finds a girl like me. I was like, "Umm, thank you." By then I had the bracelet untangled, so I quickly said goodbye and found my friends.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
1 2 3 4 5