Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Opinion on Internet Friends?
1 2 3 4
What's your opinion on having internet friends?
Personally, I love it. It's not based on appearance, social status, race, etc. It's all based on personality. You're your boldest self on the internet, and you usually act with thinking. Your internet friends are usually around your age group, and they act like themselves around you and always care. So, what do you think?
What's your opinion on having internet friends?
Personally, I love it. It's not based on appearance, social status, race, etc. It's all based on personality. You're your boldest self on the internet, and you usually act with thinking. Your internet friends are usually around your age group, and they act like themselves around you and always care. So, what do you think?
I see no problem with having friends on the internet, know them or not. They don't even really have to be in your age range, so long as you aren't speaking of inappropriate things -which you shouldn't do any way-.
I see no problem with having friends on the internet, know them or not. They don't even really have to be in your age range, so long as you aren't speaking of inappropriate things -which you shouldn't do any way-.
tumblr_inline_nzzpbdkauA1tgoz4u_500.gif
I like having friends on the internet, I tend to have more online than I do in real life. It's really nice not to really HAVE to show your face or give an address or anything like that. Name(And its your choice to give your real one, use a nickname, or use a completely different name!) and age seems to be all that is a basic requirement.

Thing is, it seems you're more likely to be taken advantage of online than in real life? I mean it still happens inrl but it, personally, seems to happen more online for me than anything. Maybe I'm too trusting or gullible? I have no clue.
I like having friends on the internet, I tend to have more online than I do in real life. It's really nice not to really HAVE to show your face or give an address or anything like that. Name(And its your choice to give your real one, use a nickname, or use a completely different name!) and age seems to be all that is a basic requirement.

Thing is, it seems you're more likely to be taken advantage of online than in real life? I mean it still happens inrl but it, personally, seems to happen more online for me than anything. Maybe I'm too trusting or gullible? I have no clue.
My only friends are on the internet.
I have a hard time making real-life friends, so the lack of forced face-to-face conversations is a real big plus for me.
My only friends are on the internet.
I have a hard time making real-life friends, so the lack of forced face-to-face conversations is a real big plus for me.
Communication is key.
When you unlock to believe, can you see what I see?
Searchlights, looking for the watcher in the sky.
Most of my friends are internet friends, we mainly play MMOs, and I also happened to meet my fiance 8 years ago in one. I do feel more comfortable talking to people online, probably as it is just as easy to not talk when you don't want to. I do think you also show more of your true self as you are less worried about being judged.

Most of the people I talk to are male and a few years older than me, but pretty laid back and everyone knows what to expect form each other after so long. Even if some of us don't talk or play together for months we can just suddenly jump back into it like nothing ever happened. I find it rather nice.

In some cases I have noticed more drama, but for me it has been either when I join in with a new group of people and a woman within it views all new females as threats to her position, or when someone has gained a big ego. Another annoyance comes from a new guy joining our group and going through his "OMG A GIRL" phase.
Most of my friends are internet friends, we mainly play MMOs, and I also happened to meet my fiance 8 years ago in one. I do feel more comfortable talking to people online, probably as it is just as easy to not talk when you don't want to. I do think you also show more of your true self as you are less worried about being judged.

Most of the people I talk to are male and a few years older than me, but pretty laid back and everyone knows what to expect form each other after so long. Even if some of us don't talk or play together for months we can just suddenly jump back into it like nothing ever happened. I find it rather nice.

In some cases I have noticed more drama, but for me it has been either when I join in with a new group of people and a woman within it views all new females as threats to her position, or when someone has gained a big ego. Another annoyance comes from a new guy joining our group and going through his "OMG A GIRL" phase.
I literally only have one friend that is from school, the rest are from the Internet. I just mainly talk to one person online and we've met in real life maaaany times! I like Internet friends but I am very careful about what I say. :"o If I get to know them more and know they aren't some creep, I love having friends online! It's just sad when they live far away from you and you wanna meet them. :"< (How I felt when I wanted to meet my best friend, who I met online when she was in a different state.)
I literally only have one friend that is from school, the rest are from the Internet. I just mainly talk to one person online and we've met in real life maaaany times! I like Internet friends but I am very careful about what I say. :"o If I get to know them more and know they aren't some creep, I love having friends online! It's just sad when they live far away from you and you wanna meet them. :"< (How I felt when I wanted to meet my best friend, who I met online when she was in a different state.)
tumblr_inline_mz047ug6ob1qh7dbn.gif
I love having internet friends because you can communicate without meat business getting in the way. I'm not a fan of saying "too much" to people who can get within arms length, but if it's just two disembodied brains creating words, it's whatever.

Though it's worth keeping in mind that the comparative ease of connecting with unknown people also means having to be on the look out for exploitative people.
I love having internet friends because you can communicate without meat business getting in the way. I'm not a fan of saying "too much" to people who can get within arms length, but if it's just two disembodied brains creating words, it's whatever.

Though it's worth keeping in mind that the comparative ease of connecting with unknown people also means having to be on the look out for exploitative people.
sl1ij5o.pngDHyp0Qb.png krGXgY3.png9RjlOli.png9IQ25Kh.png
o_O None of my internet friends are my age lol. I've got several who are +/- 5 years.
o_O None of my internet friends are my age lol. I've got several who are +/- 5 years.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
Without 'internet friends' I wouldn't have the most amazing bf in the world so...there's my 2 cents. xD
Without 'internet friends' I wouldn't have the most amazing bf in the world so...there's my 2 cents. xD
QjL7JNU.pngtumblr_o9gvjeARQk1u9ymyzo10_r1_250.png
I love having internet friends! It's difficult for me to like find one, since I am kind scared to start a conversation with them, since I don't really know how to ,but I think it's super nice if you find like a person with common intrests or just someone with a great, matching personality.
I love having internet friends! It's difficult for me to like find one, since I am kind scared to start a conversation with them, since I don't really know how to ,but I think it's super nice if you find like a person with common intrests or just someone with a great, matching personality.
VVM4XuM.png
1 2 3 4