Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Witchy/Pagan Club [Closed]
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20
@MorbidArachnid Oh sure, I don't think that's bad at all! Repelling people don't fall under 'black magic' for me, that's just cleaning up in your own field. Black magic would be actively harming someone - if you had made it so that your ex-friend got hurt every time she approached you, that would be something entirely different.

I do the same thing sometimes, just not with satchels. In the Norse world view, everyone's got a life thread that ties with other peoples threads. If you don't want those people in your life, you can just undo the knot! It won't harm the other person, they'll just lose their energy attachment to you. It's not black magic - it's more like... say you have a friend who comes over to your house a lot because you give them free candy. Remove the candy, and they'll stop coming over, lol.
@MorbidArachnid Oh sure, I don't think that's bad at all! Repelling people don't fall under 'black magic' for me, that's just cleaning up in your own field. Black magic would be actively harming someone - if you had made it so that your ex-friend got hurt every time she approached you, that would be something entirely different.

I do the same thing sometimes, just not with satchels. In the Norse world view, everyone's got a life thread that ties with other peoples threads. If you don't want those people in your life, you can just undo the knot! It won't harm the other person, they'll just lose their energy attachment to you. It's not black magic - it's more like... say you have a friend who comes over to your house a lot because you give them free candy. Remove the candy, and they'll stop coming over, lol.
•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

@MorbidArachnid

I'm not Wiccan myself, so I don't necessarily believe in the Threefold Law.
I do believe things can come back to bite you in the butt later, but not because you did something "bad", but maybe because you did it without protecting yourself.
Do I think people who follow it are wrong? No.
Do I think people who don't follow it are any less of a witch? No.
For me, witchcraft is a VERY personal thing, no two paths are going to be the same. And that's the beauty of it, and sometimes very bad, but only when people are like "YOU'RE NOT A WITCH IF YOU DON'T DO THIS THIS AND THIS". Like no, bro, that's not true at all. You're not any less of a Witch or any more of a Witch if you do or don't do or follow something.

I've always believe in that "Do unto others what you would want done unto you" but I've changed from that to "Do no Harm, but take no .. Poop". Does that mean I think you shouldn't curse people? No, honestly. If someone hurts you, and you want to make them know that pain, I think you have every right to make them know it. You aren't seeking to hurt someone unless they hurt you first. I think that's totally acceptable.
Do I think causing harm without reason is wrong? No. It's not my place to judge others for their practices. As long as you aren't hurting me, I honestly don't need to stick my nose in their business. I highly doubt most people would seek to hurt someone without reason. And if they do, I do believe they will have repercussions to some degree later on. But I don't believe in the threefold law. I don't think it's going to come back at you threefold nor do I believe it'll come at you if you are doing it to someone who previously hurt you.
But that's just me.

I personally don't believe in there being good magick, bad magick or anything else. To me it's whatever you feel is right.
So as far as dark magick, white magick and grey magick goes, I don't really believe in them?
Also I've read a few things that "black" magick isn't necessarily dark, it's people who are typically of african decent who work with their dead relatives. It's not even something ""white"" people should do.
But it's a grey area to me because I haven't read a lot, just what I have read has said that black magick is magick used by people of, typically, African Decent to gain help from dead relatives, in the short version. Whether this is completely true or not I do not know.
But if a person from said Culture (Ie African culture) tells me that's what black magick is to them, and that I shouldn't use it because I'm white, I'm going to listen.

Tangent: There's a lot of cultural appropriation in witchcraft, it's gross, yes. This might not be the place to talk about it, and it might be.
I just know that if someone from said culture where a thing originates from tells me Hey don't do that it belongs to me and you're not allowed to use it because it destroys my culture because you aren't apart of it and it gets lost when you do it because you don't know everything about my culture and you never could because some stuff is secret, I'm going to not do that thing.
That's not exactly how it works but it's a basic version. Not that I have stolen from cultures, but I try to make sure I don't.

@MorbidArachnid

I'm not Wiccan myself, so I don't necessarily believe in the Threefold Law.
I do believe things can come back to bite you in the butt later, but not because you did something "bad", but maybe because you did it without protecting yourself.
Do I think people who follow it are wrong? No.
Do I think people who don't follow it are any less of a witch? No.
For me, witchcraft is a VERY personal thing, no two paths are going to be the same. And that's the beauty of it, and sometimes very bad, but only when people are like "YOU'RE NOT A WITCH IF YOU DON'T DO THIS THIS AND THIS". Like no, bro, that's not true at all. You're not any less of a Witch or any more of a Witch if you do or don't do or follow something.

I've always believe in that "Do unto others what you would want done unto you" but I've changed from that to "Do no Harm, but take no .. Poop". Does that mean I think you shouldn't curse people? No, honestly. If someone hurts you, and you want to make them know that pain, I think you have every right to make them know it. You aren't seeking to hurt someone unless they hurt you first. I think that's totally acceptable.
Do I think causing harm without reason is wrong? No. It's not my place to judge others for their practices. As long as you aren't hurting me, I honestly don't need to stick my nose in their business. I highly doubt most people would seek to hurt someone without reason. And if they do, I do believe they will have repercussions to some degree later on. But I don't believe in the threefold law. I don't think it's going to come back at you threefold nor do I believe it'll come at you if you are doing it to someone who previously hurt you.
But that's just me.

I personally don't believe in there being good magick, bad magick or anything else. To me it's whatever you feel is right.
So as far as dark magick, white magick and grey magick goes, I don't really believe in them?
Also I've read a few things that "black" magick isn't necessarily dark, it's people who are typically of african decent who work with their dead relatives. It's not even something ""white"" people should do.
But it's a grey area to me because I haven't read a lot, just what I have read has said that black magick is magick used by people of, typically, African Decent to gain help from dead relatives, in the short version. Whether this is completely true or not I do not know.
But if a person from said Culture (Ie African culture) tells me that's what black magick is to them, and that I shouldn't use it because I'm white, I'm going to listen.

Tangent: There's a lot of cultural appropriation in witchcraft, it's gross, yes. This might not be the place to talk about it, and it might be.
I just know that if someone from said culture where a thing originates from tells me Hey don't do that it belongs to me and you're not allowed to use it because it destroys my culture because you aren't apart of it and it gets lost when you do it because you don't know everything about my culture and you never could because some stuff is secret, I'm going to not do that thing.
That's not exactly how it works but it's a basic version. Not that I have stolen from cultures, but I try to make sure I don't.
@MorbidArachnid I think Voodoo is looked down upon a lot, not necessarily because of racism, but because it is very troublesome to authority figures. I recall watching a documentary once, and someone on it said that in Voodoo, you have the god given right to say 'no'. The first successful slave revolt in the United States took place on Voodoo land, and it was used as a weapon against the oppression - very violently, at times, and it has kept the symbolism of a war culture (like the swords and knives) even though it might not necessarily be one these days (I can't speak for it, though, I don't know nearly enough). During the slave revolts and the American Civil War, it was spoken of with a lot of fear in the rest of the country, because all they saw of that was the gruesomeness, the violence, and the rebellion from which soldiers didn't necessarily come home.

There is plenty of stuff in Voodoo that wouldn't file under my own definition of 'black magic', I'm sure. I think a big part of its bad reputation is simply the fact that it doesn't quite share.. hmm... Wicca's pretty, green forestry aesthetics xD
@MorbidArachnid I think Voodoo is looked down upon a lot, not necessarily because of racism, but because it is very troublesome to authority figures. I recall watching a documentary once, and someone on it said that in Voodoo, you have the god given right to say 'no'. The first successful slave revolt in the United States took place on Voodoo land, and it was used as a weapon against the oppression - very violently, at times, and it has kept the symbolism of a war culture (like the swords and knives) even though it might not necessarily be one these days (I can't speak for it, though, I don't know nearly enough). During the slave revolts and the American Civil War, it was spoken of with a lot of fear in the rest of the country, because all they saw of that was the gruesomeness, the violence, and the rebellion from which soldiers didn't necessarily come home.

There is plenty of stuff in Voodoo that wouldn't file under my own definition of 'black magic', I'm sure. I think a big part of its bad reputation is simply the fact that it doesn't quite share.. hmm... Wicca's pretty, green forestry aesthetics xD
@RiniDew @Finnley

I mean, I also strongly support an each to their own view, even in the afterlife. I think people make their own afterlife. As for causing harm, for me it's complicated. Like I don't think anyone should use their beliefs to justify hurting innocent people or inspiring hate, but the term "innocent" isn't very clear cut and sometimes I do think it's justified to cause harm. As with most rules, I'm more of a "case by case" basis kind of person.

I also thought of another use for this group, we could give each other readings, because I know when I read for myself my cards give me sass.
@RiniDew @Finnley

I mean, I also strongly support an each to their own view, even in the afterlife. I think people make their own afterlife. As for causing harm, for me it's complicated. Like I don't think anyone should use their beliefs to justify hurting innocent people or inspiring hate, but the term "innocent" isn't very clear cut and sometimes I do think it's justified to cause harm. As with most rules, I'm more of a "case by case" basis kind of person.

I also thought of another use for this group, we could give each other readings, because I know when I read for myself my cards give me sass.
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png
@MorbidArachnid I would be up for a reading circle! I do read my own runes and I have success with that, but sometimes it's hard to know what's actually 'real' and what is my own subconscious filling up with wishful thinking. So it's nice to occasionally do reads for someone else - people can say "that is/n't accurate" and I get feedback on whether I managed to move myself outta the way, if that makes sense.
@MorbidArachnid I would be up for a reading circle! I do read my own runes and I have success with that, but sometimes it's hard to know what's actually 'real' and what is my own subconscious filling up with wishful thinking. So it's nice to occasionally do reads for someone else - people can say "that is/n't accurate" and I get feedback on whether I managed to move myself outta the way, if that makes sense.

@MorbidArachnid

I would be down for a reading circle as well.
It can be hard to get accurate readings for yourself all the time because you're biased, most of the time, even if you try not to be.
I can do: Pendulum, Tarot, Oracle and maybe Scrying/Energy readings (I haven't done the scrying for other people but I would be interested in trying it out) and I have done the energy readings but I want more practice with it.
We could do a reading for reading type deal? Something the more or less equates to "Equal or lesser value" reading exchanges.

I am for the case by case basis as well, like, it really depends. I really do support doing whatever you want in your own practice, I just don't feel the need to judge others.
I know a lot of other witches really feel the need to be all "ITS NOT OKAY DO THIS". Like the only time I can see that as acceptable is if you're doing something that could kill you, like burning or ingesting certain herbs/plants/etc but other than that mind ya own business.
Or at the least, if you see someone doing ""bad"" things just be like hey protect yourself. That's fine too.

@MorbidArachnid

I would be down for a reading circle as well.
It can be hard to get accurate readings for yourself all the time because you're biased, most of the time, even if you try not to be.
I can do: Pendulum, Tarot, Oracle and maybe Scrying/Energy readings (I haven't done the scrying for other people but I would be interested in trying it out) and I have done the energy readings but I want more practice with it.
We could do a reading for reading type deal? Something the more or less equates to "Equal or lesser value" reading exchanges.

I am for the case by case basis as well, like, it really depends. I really do support doing whatever you want in your own practice, I just don't feel the need to judge others.
I know a lot of other witches really feel the need to be all "ITS NOT OKAY DO THIS". Like the only time I can see that as acceptable is if you're doing something that could kill you, like burning or ingesting certain herbs/plants/etc but other than that mind ya own business.
Or at the least, if you see someone doing ""bad"" things just be like hey protect yourself. That's fine too.

@MorbidArachnid @Finnley @RiniDew
i'm the same omg, whenever i read for myself my deck either feels sassy or my reading just feels all f'd up because my own thoughts tilt it. reading circle would be awesome!
@MorbidArachnid @Finnley @RiniDew
i'm the same omg, whenever i read for myself my deck either feels sassy or my reading just feels all f'd up because my own thoughts tilt it. reading circle would be awesome!
kXpNHpy.pngMbe1yYW.pngQ8Qqksy.pngdvMS65X.pngLTXo08g.pngSLGMeHq.pngGJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngCyW25gb.pngWRPJKhj.png
JkaQI9H.png
@RiniDew

Equal value would be the most fair, but whatever means "equal value" for you might need to be decided beforehand. Obviously scrying is not going to translate directly into tarot cards.

I do tarot card readings, and I try to write big interpretations for people! For people here, because I like you guys, I'm willing to do 12+ card spreads for little to no payment or exchange. I can't do whole/half deck interpretations, but I know a lot of different spreads for different questions.

I have standard 78-card decks, an animal oracle deck, a demon deck, and runes.

@Sootsprite

Whenever I do a reading for myself, I can tell that my thoughts at the time directly affect the outcome. Like I was mad at my significant other and my cards were like "break up immediately" even though they had said before we would be happy together.
@RiniDew

Equal value would be the most fair, but whatever means "equal value" for you might need to be decided beforehand. Obviously scrying is not going to translate directly into tarot cards.

I do tarot card readings, and I try to write big interpretations for people! For people here, because I like you guys, I'm willing to do 12+ card spreads for little to no payment or exchange. I can't do whole/half deck interpretations, but I know a lot of different spreads for different questions.

I have standard 78-card decks, an animal oracle deck, a demon deck, and runes.

@Sootsprite

Whenever I do a reading for myself, I can tell that my thoughts at the time directly affect the outcome. Like I was mad at my significant other and my cards were like "break up immediately" even though they had said before we would be happy together.
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png

@Sootsprite

Normally when I read for myself it just doesn't feel accurate, and obviously if it doesn't feel accurate it probably isn't.
A trick I learned is trying to pretend you're reading for someone else. Which helps/works sometimes but not always.

@MorbidArachnid

Yeah. I think equal value is something both parties would have to kind of come to some kind of agreement on.
But we're all mature here best as I can tell so I'm sure we can work things out amoungst ourselves.
We could set up some kind of rough guide for values (Example: 1 tarot card equals 3 scrying image interpretations. Not saying this is one, just as an example).

I also won't expect much in return, if nothing more than a "IOU a reading later" even.
I'd be willing to do custom spreads, up to 12 cards, a spread you found online you want done for you, a spread you made, w/e.
I have two tarot decks I can use for readings (78 cards) and two oracle decks (Goddess oracle and Wisdom oracle).
The pendulum is pretty standard, yes/no based questions.
I've been told my readings are pretty accurate and "scarily accurate".
Just, in case you didn't already know, the pendulum can be tricky sometimes based on wording and well, things changing. I assume most of you know this but some people don't so. I might reword questions if I need to or even break them down.

@Sootsprite

Normally when I read for myself it just doesn't feel accurate, and obviously if it doesn't feel accurate it probably isn't.
A trick I learned is trying to pretend you're reading for someone else. Which helps/works sometimes but not always.

@MorbidArachnid

Yeah. I think equal value is something both parties would have to kind of come to some kind of agreement on.
But we're all mature here best as I can tell so I'm sure we can work things out amoungst ourselves.
We could set up some kind of rough guide for values (Example: 1 tarot card equals 3 scrying image interpretations. Not saying this is one, just as an example).

I also won't expect much in return, if nothing more than a "IOU a reading later" even.
I'd be willing to do custom spreads, up to 12 cards, a spread you found online you want done for you, a spread you made, w/e.
I have two tarot decks I can use for readings (78 cards) and two oracle decks (Goddess oracle and Wisdom oracle).
The pendulum is pretty standard, yes/no based questions.
I've been told my readings are pretty accurate and "scarily accurate".
Just, in case you didn't already know, the pendulum can be tricky sometimes based on wording and well, things changing. I assume most of you know this but some people don't so. I might reword questions if I need to or even break them down.
@MorbidArachnid @RiniDew
i'm the exact same way. my emotions and what i 'want' to happen kind of dilute how i interpret what i've gotten. orz

honestly, tho, considering this is a pretty small group i'd say we should just keep it simple. no guidelines or anything, just ask if people want to trade readings and then decide on what you wanna trade. i doubt anyone would try to take and not give. i don't really care what i get back, as long as someone tries that's cool with me. * u * especially for people new at readings, this could be great practice and i think keeping it as non-intimidating as possible would be best.

or~ just personal guidelines. like specify that for x person, they would like these things in exchange for reading trades.

my decks are silhouettes tarot second edition, two oracle decks i have to grab(i think they're called energy and earth magic - gonna try to cleanse them tonight), and a spell deck i could probably pull from with other readings and give the spell, and people could see if the spell purpose has any meaning or significance to them and try it!
@MorbidArachnid @RiniDew
i'm the exact same way. my emotions and what i 'want' to happen kind of dilute how i interpret what i've gotten. orz

honestly, tho, considering this is a pretty small group i'd say we should just keep it simple. no guidelines or anything, just ask if people want to trade readings and then decide on what you wanna trade. i doubt anyone would try to take and not give. i don't really care what i get back, as long as someone tries that's cool with me. * u * especially for people new at readings, this could be great practice and i think keeping it as non-intimidating as possible would be best.

or~ just personal guidelines. like specify that for x person, they would like these things in exchange for reading trades.

my decks are silhouettes tarot second edition, two oracle decks i have to grab(i think they're called energy and earth magic - gonna try to cleanse them tonight), and a spell deck i could probably pull from with other readings and give the spell, and people could see if the spell purpose has any meaning or significance to them and try it!
kXpNHpy.pngMbe1yYW.pngQ8Qqksy.pngdvMS65X.pngLTXo08g.pngSLGMeHq.pngGJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngCyW25gb.pngWRPJKhj.png
JkaQI9H.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20