Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Witchy/Pagan Club [Closed]
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20
@sootsprite

*grabby hands @ the spell deck*
@sootsprite

*grabby hands @ the spell deck*
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png
•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

@Sootsprite

That's what I was thinking too but I wasn't sure if guidelines should at least be considered or not. I'm not too worried about them personally, since I feel you guys would be fair and we can all be "mature" about it lol.

Personal guidelines are probably better than community guidelines. Because then people can control their own rules. And that could remain fair for everyone.

Like I said I'm sure we can all work it out amoungst ourselves and be mature about it.

The spell deck sounds awesome.

@Sootsprite

That's what I was thinking too but I wasn't sure if guidelines should at least be considered or not. I'm not too worried about them personally, since I feel you guys would be fair and we can all be "mature" about it lol.

Personal guidelines are probably better than community guidelines. Because then people can control their own rules. And that could remain fair for everyone.

Like I said I'm sure we can all work it out amoungst ourselves and be mature about it.

The spell deck sounds awesome.
@MorbidArachnid

I know this group is closed, but I and my wife both are wiccan. We are fortunate enough to live in a big city (though this city is NOT very pagan friendly) where once a month there is a meet up at a cafe or such.

But that is only once a month and we have to be lucky enough to not be working when that date happens. It would be very nice to speak with some other pagans and perhaps expand my book of shadows/mirror book. Whatever you may happen to call it.
@MorbidArachnid

I know this group is closed, but I and my wife both are wiccan. We are fortunate enough to live in a big city (though this city is NOT very pagan friendly) where once a month there is a meet up at a cafe or such.

But that is only once a month and we have to be lucky enough to not be working when that date happens. It would be very nice to speak with some other pagans and perhaps expand my book of shadows/mirror book. Whatever you may happen to call it.
al2p7n.jpg
@Yield

I think I'm stopping you and some other people who expressed interest from posting because I wanted this to not get crazy and out of topic, with 5+ pages of content every time someone checks in, so posting is closed, However, you're free to read and PM people if they are good at something that interests you, for advice, for commentary, or whatever. I do want to let you join, but then I'd have to let those other people in, to be fair. Though things do seem to be pretty chill so far.

Idk, what does everyone else think?
@Yield

I think I'm stopping you and some other people who expressed interest from posting because I wanted this to not get crazy and out of topic, with 5+ pages of content every time someone checks in, so posting is closed, However, you're free to read and PM people if they are good at something that interests you, for advice, for commentary, or whatever. I do want to let you join, but then I'd have to let those other people in, to be fair. Though things do seem to be pretty chill so far.

Idk, what does everyone else think?
tumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo1_500.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo2_250.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo3_100.pngtumblr_npnpombMbD1r2m3qgo4_r2_250.png
@MorbidArachnid
:b want a card pulled ~

@RiniDew
yeah, exactly! i think personal guidelines are definitely fair.

---

on the more people joining thing, the group hasn't been too hectic yet, yesterday i think there was only one post. so maybe we could ping the last few people who missed the deadline, but expressed interest and invite them, and then close it off there again and see how it goes.
@MorbidArachnid
:b want a card pulled ~

@RiniDew
yeah, exactly! i think personal guidelines are definitely fair.

---

on the more people joining thing, the group hasn't been too hectic yet, yesterday i think there was only one post. so maybe we could ping the last few people who missed the deadline, but expressed interest and invite them, and then close it off there again and see how it goes.
kXpNHpy.pngMbe1yYW.pngQ8Qqksy.pngdvMS65X.pngLTXo08g.pngSLGMeHq.pngGJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngCyW25gb.pngWRPJKhj.png
JkaQI9H.png
@Sootsprite

Yes I want a card pulled!

And that sounds reasonable, lets do that.

@Yield @F8T @Selnyam @Ladycowbell

Ya'll can come on in! Just jump in wherever.
@Sootsprite

Yes I want a card pulled!

And that sounds reasonable, lets do that.

@Yield @F8T @Selnyam @Ladycowbell

Ya'll can come on in! Just jump in wherever.

@Sootsprite

Agree, on both points.

I think it's not too crazy here and allowing the few people that expressed interest to join is okay and just allow it to be closed after that.
It's not that many people joining so it should be fine xD

@Sootsprite

Agree, on both points.

I think it's not too crazy here and allowing the few people that expressed interest to join is okay and just allow it to be closed after that.
It's not that many people joining so it should be fine xD
@morbidarachnid thanks! I'll introduce myself at least,

I've been practicing for about 10 years, and just consider myself generically pagan. I mostly worship Bastet, Anubis, Odin and the Huntresses Diana and Artemis. Most of the work I do is either with the runes, meditation, astral projection or various forms of divination.

The other work I do is with dragons. There are currently 3 or 4 dragons staying at my house with my wife and I, and I have one who is sort of like a familiar, only more so? it's hard to explain, but he follows me everywhere and helps me with spell work.
Divination is one of my talents, and I work with pendulums, runes, mirrors, tea leaves, tarot and an oracle deck.
@morbidarachnid thanks! I'll introduce myself at least,

I've been practicing for about 10 years, and just consider myself generically pagan. I mostly worship Bastet, Anubis, Odin and the Huntresses Diana and Artemis. Most of the work I do is either with the runes, meditation, astral projection or various forms of divination.

The other work I do is with dragons. There are currently 3 or 4 dragons staying at my house with my wife and I, and I have one who is sort of like a familiar, only more so? it's hard to explain, but he follows me everywhere and helps me with spell work.
Divination is one of my talents, and I work with pendulums, runes, mirrors, tea leaves, tarot and an oracle deck.
S9GIMwM.pngyKp0KRf.png8Wxihjh.gif

@Selnyam

That sounds really awesome.
Also welcome.

@Selnyam

That sounds really awesome.
Also welcome.
@MorbidArachnid i pulled three since they're kind of specific. it doesn't give a lot of in depth on the spells, like for example their symbolism or thoughts behind items they chose. so if there's a component where you're like why would they use that, when this could be so much better, use the this! it's all about personal associations to me, and spells people share should just be used as a guideline where you can fill in the blanks, unless the spell writer specifically states otherwise. now, onto the cards, they were ~ [columns][right]safe travel. the booklet gives a little info, idk if you want it the whole thing(if you do just let me know)! it basically states that instead of worrying yourself over the safety of loved ones/yourself travelling, you can use this spell to ensure safety and that they will return back home. [/right] [quote=spell][i]if you need it, do any grounding or centering you may do before a spell.[/i] take a silver ribbon, and, on a map, pin the ribbon on the traveler's route from departure to arrival and back again. then, in a blue(or any color you associate with safety/protection) pouch, place a silver coin, one seashell, leaves from a lemon tree, and some earth from your home. keep this in a safe place, and know that you and those you love will travel safely.[/quote][nextcol][img]http://i.imgur.com/cdJJybO.jpg[/img][/columns] [columns][right]trust. (i really liked this one. gonna give you the whole excerpt from the book because i think it's really awesome.) trust is a major issue with people in our modern era. we're complex in identity, so when can we be sure that others will be who they seem to be, that they'll do what they say they'll do, that they'll [i]never hurt us?[/i] the truth is that there are no guarantees, as we can't control each other---thankfully. But the universe will help you with this simple spell by showing you that it's the demons of doubt that sow the seeds of mistrust, and sometimes it's those seeds alone that can destroy relationships, and even create the acts that hurt us so. perform this spell knowing that it's symbolic binding is as much about your attitude to the universe as it is to your beloved/family/friend.[/right] [quote=spell]take two long, curling chili peppers and bind them firmly together with golden thread. place them in a golden pouch and keep under your bed for seven nights. fearlessly enjoy your love.[/quote][nextcol][img]http://i.imgur.com/PVt4aNK.jpg[/img][/columns] [columns][right]new beginnings. in every life there are times when we feel that a fresh start is what would be best. this spell card truly confirms this to be true and to help you, the universe has delivered you this psell. work this spell and allow it to guide you to a place and a path where you're not running or hiding, but progressing into a brave new future. let your second skin breathe. [/right] [quote=spell]gather a feather from a natural place, a seashell from the shore, and oil a bergamot. recreate a significant corner of your world. what do you wish to recreate? if it's work, splash nine drops of bergamot oil onto a clean soft cloth, then wipe down your work area until it's clean, sparkling, and sweet smelling. an energy sweep with a symbolic/significant broom can reestablish the energy in your house, and bell-ringing works, too.[/quote][nextcol][img]http://i.imgur.com/00paRWA.jpg[/img][/columns] the last spell is a little all over the place, so i'm gonna just interpret it how i am and you can pull from it however you see fit! i'm assuming it means to recreate whatever aspect of your life you wish to have a new beginning in, using the bergamot to kind of cleanse it and wipe it 'new', and the feather and shell can be used to burn herbs and cleanse it. so do this to your home, work, or maybe an object of significance that can represent what you'd like a new beginning in. that's my take on it at least. orz
@MorbidArachnid
i pulled three since they're kind of specific. it doesn't give a lot of in depth on the spells, like for example their symbolism or thoughts behind items they chose. so if there's a component where you're like why would they use that, when this could be so much better, use the this! it's all about personal associations to me, and spells people share should just be used as a guideline where you can fill in the blanks, unless the spell writer specifically states otherwise. now, onto the cards, they were ~

safe travel.
the booklet gives a little info, idk if you want it the whole thing(if you do just let me know)! it basically states that instead of worrying yourself over the safety of loved ones/yourself travelling, you can use this spell to ensure safety and that they will return back home.
spell wrote:
if you need it, do any grounding or centering you may do before a spell. take a silver ribbon, and, on a map, pin the ribbon on the traveler's route from departure to arrival and back again. then, in a blue(or any color you associate with safety/protection) pouch, place a silver coin, one seashell, leaves from a lemon tree, and some earth from your home. keep this in a safe place, and know that you and those you love will travel safely.
cdJJybO.jpg

trust.
(i really liked this one. gonna give you the whole excerpt from the book because i think it's really awesome.)
trust is a major issue with people in our modern era. we're complex in identity, so when can we be sure that others will be who they seem to be, that they'll do what they say they'll do, that they'll never hurt us? the truth is that there are no guarantees, as we can't control each other---thankfully. But the universe will help you with this simple spell by showing you that it's the demons of doubt that sow the seeds of mistrust, and sometimes it's those seeds alone that can destroy relationships, and even create the acts that hurt us so. perform this spell knowing that it's symbolic binding is as much about your attitude to the universe as it is to your beloved/family/friend.
spell wrote:
take two long, curling chili peppers and bind them firmly together with golden thread. place them in a golden pouch and keep under your bed for seven nights. fearlessly enjoy your love.
PVt4aNK.jpg

new beginnings.
in every life there are times when we feel that a fresh start is what would be best. this spell card truly confirms this to be true and to help you, the universe has delivered you this psell. work this spell and allow it to guide you to a place and a path where you're not running or hiding, but progressing into a brave new future. let your second skin breathe.
spell wrote:
gather a feather from a natural place, a seashell from the shore, and oil a bergamot. recreate a significant corner of your world.
what do you wish to recreate? if it's work, splash nine drops of bergamot oil onto a clean soft cloth, then wipe down your work area until it's clean, sparkling, and sweet smelling.
an energy sweep with a symbolic/significant broom can reestablish the energy in your house, and bell-ringing works, too.
00paRWA.jpg

the last spell is a little all over the place, so i'm gonna just interpret it how i am and you can pull from it however you see fit! i'm assuming it means to recreate whatever aspect of your life you wish to have a new beginning in, using the bergamot to kind of cleanse it and wipe it 'new', and the feather and shell can be used to burn herbs and cleanse it. so do this to your home, work, or maybe an object of significance that can represent what you'd like a new beginning in. that's my take on it at least. orz
kXpNHpy.pngMbe1yYW.pngQ8Qqksy.pngdvMS65X.pngLTXo08g.pngSLGMeHq.pngGJZzfu4.pngqKZAaLK.pngCyW25gb.pngWRPJKhj.png
JkaQI9H.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20