Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help Me Decide What Anime To Binge Next!
1 2
@azurearchangel
Both i guess! XD
I'd say everything xept mechs, game based, or sports animes! Causal highschool or slice of life executed incorrectly isn't that great to me. I guess i watch eveything else except some outliers i guess?
@azurearchangel
Both i guess! XD
I'd say everything xept mechs, game based, or sports animes! Causal highschool or slice of life executed incorrectly isn't that great to me. I guess i watch eveything else except some outliers i guess?
@Lamenting
Kamisama Kiss is really, really... Not angsty until like Chapter 70 in the manga, so it might be a bit slow at first, if that's what you're looking for.
Really fluffy though, and I need more fluff in my life xD

Also can I rant about how Tokyo Ghoul: Re NEEDS TO DIE
@Lamenting
Kamisama Kiss is really, really... Not angsty until like Chapter 70 in the manga, so it might be a bit slow at first, if that's what you're looking for.
Really fluffy though, and I need more fluff in my life xD

Also can I rant about how Tokyo Ghoul: Re NEEDS TO DIE
FGcy2e4.png xx Sucrose
u she/they
u frt +3
u skins
u wishlist
xx FGcy2e4.png
@pandalover17
I trrriieedddd. I honestly am kinda not okay with old classic animes and art style and video quality. It's a really annoying tick that i guess isn't very helpful, but that's just part that adds to my overall enjoyment... andicanneverfindsubsofoldanimes

Thank you for your recommendation!
@pandalover17
I trrriieedddd. I honestly am kinda not okay with old classic animes and art style and video quality. It's a really annoying tick that i guess isn't very helpful, but that's just part that adds to my overall enjoyment... andicanneverfindsubsofoldanimes

Thank you for your recommendation!
@Lamenting JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It's, uh, ... I don't know what it is and I'm almost done reading the whole series and I'm caught up on the anime. I just know that it's ruining my life and I love it. There's three seasons out for the anime (I watch on Crunchyroll), and the manga is in its 8th season. The anime for Season 4 is actually starting to air in a few days - it's considered one of the best seasons in the series. Here's some info on the seasons out.. and a few pictures to show you what you're in for if you watch. S1, Phantom Blood: Pretty much there's two super beefy brothers who don't get along and it messes everything up forever and ever. They are hilariously beefy, very uh 'fashionable', like to punch, and yell a lot. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2v2gytu.jpg[/img] Here is a man punching through a frog without hurting it. S2, Battle Tendency: Next generation gets weirder. The characters try to figure out the stuff that went wrong in S1, and meet some dudes called the Pillar Men. Even more beef, even more fashion, even more punching, even more yelling. You'll probably cry. [img]http://i.imgur.com/TmV6FKV.png[/img] Here is a beautiful unicorn man playing air guitar using a woman's legs. S3, Stardust Crusaders: Stuff gets really wild. Everyone gets invisible punch ghosts, except sometimes they do stuff like set fires or give you curses or they are just straight up weapons. All the beef, fashion, punching, and yelling. You'll cry a lot. [img]https://theglorioblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/jjsc36nose.jpg[/img] Here is a cowboy making friends with a French man. S4, Diamond is Unbreakable: Do you like everything awful about the 90's? Ok good cause here you go. The punch ghosts are crazier. There is an alien. There is a character that is pretty much just Serial Killer David Bowie. We have transcended beef, fashion, punching, and yells. You're going to cry because you are laughing too much. This season is going to be wild and my body is not ready. [img]http://41.media.tumblr.com/8d133b85a1b04ea8041350d4bffd0944/tumblr_ntkdalmKI01s2kojso1_1280.jpg[/img] Here is a dice throwing up on a boy with [s]ridiculous[/s] perfect hair.
@Lamenting

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It's, uh, ... I don't know what it is and I'm almost done reading the whole series and I'm caught up on the anime. I just know that it's ruining my life and I love it.

There's three seasons out for the anime (I watch on Crunchyroll), and the manga is in its 8th season. The anime for Season 4 is actually starting to air in a few days - it's considered one of the best seasons in the series.

Here's some info on the seasons out.. and a few pictures to show you what you're in for if you watch.

S1, Phantom Blood: Pretty much there's two super beefy brothers who don't get along and it messes everything up forever and ever. They are hilariously beefy, very uh 'fashionable', like to punch, and yell a lot.

2v2gytu.jpg

Here is a man punching through a frog without hurting it.

S2, Battle Tendency: Next generation gets weirder. The characters try to figure out the stuff that went wrong in S1, and meet some dudes called the Pillar Men. Even more beef, even more fashion, even more punching, even more yelling. You'll probably cry.

TmV6FKV.png

Here is a beautiful unicorn man playing air guitar using a woman's legs.

S3, Stardust Crusaders: Stuff gets really wild. Everyone gets invisible punch ghosts, except sometimes they do stuff like set fires or give you curses or they are just straight up weapons. All the beef, fashion, punching, and yelling. You'll cry a lot.

jjsc36nose.jpg

Here is a cowboy making friends with a French man.

S4, Diamond is Unbreakable: Do you like everything awful about the 90's? Ok good cause here you go. The punch ghosts are crazier. There is an alien. There is a character that is pretty much just Serial Killer David Bowie. We have transcended beef, fashion, punching, and yells. You're going to cry because you are laughing too much. This season is going to be wild and my body is not ready.

tumblr_ntkdalmKI01s2kojso1_1280.jpg

Here is a dice throwing up on a boy with ridiculous perfect hair.
Rve7uPU.png
@Lamenting No. 6
@Lamenting No. 6
@Lamenting

have you heard of gurren lagann? its one of my favorites and i highly recommend it oh my god.

also if youre one for comedy sgt frog is great. i honestly prefer the dub of it more, but honestly both are good.
@Lamenting

have you heard of gurren lagann? its one of my favorites and i highly recommend it oh my god.

also if youre one for comedy sgt frog is great. i honestly prefer the dub of it more, but honestly both are good.
yD1jAD8.png
@Lamenting Hunter x Hunter [img]http://images.kpopstarz.com/data/thumbs/full/369884/600/0/0/0/hunter-x-hunter.jpg[/img] Durarara!! [img]http://blog.alltheanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/durarara2.jpg[/img] These are two of my favorites. HxH is 148 episodes and two movies, and Durarara!! is 60 episodes and a few OVAs. Make sure to watch the Durarara!! seasons in order, including the OVAs.
@Lamenting

Hunter x Hunter
hunter-x-hunter.jpg

Durarara!!
durarara2.jpg

These are two of my favorites. HxH is 148 episodes and two movies, and Durarara!! is 60 episodes and a few OVAs. Make sure to watch the Durarara!! seasons in order, including the OVAs.
@Lamenting

join the true fandom trash can
watch hetalia
@Lamenting

join the true fandom trash can
watch hetalia
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
Ao no Exorcist has really nice art and some cool mythology.

For even more cool mythology and interesting/almost surreal art, Bakemonogatari (and the rest of the series) are pretty good. I think there's a lot of clever wordplay that was lost on me because I don't understand Japanese, though.

Darker Than Black is a grim sci-fi-ish/fantasy type show.

For something short and entertaining that parodies anime in general, Senyuu and Orenchi no Furo Jijou were great. The first one is about a hero, the second one is about a merman living in a college student's bathtub.
Ao no Exorcist has really nice art and some cool mythology.

For even more cool mythology and interesting/almost surreal art, Bakemonogatari (and the rest of the series) are pretty good. I think there's a lot of clever wordplay that was lost on me because I don't understand Japanese, though.

Darker Than Black is a grim sci-fi-ish/fantasy type show.

For something short and entertaining that parodies anime in general, Senyuu and Orenchi no Furo Jijou were great. The first one is about a hero, the second one is about a merman living in a college student's bathtub.
tumblr_nsr3ya7mQf1t0ob39o1_250.png
I apologize for the delay, I had school and I just finished homework. @Lamenting

If you're alright with the historical category, I have four that might interest you!

The first one is a personal favorite of mine. It's a historical fiction anime called "Hakuouki". It basically revolves around a military organization from feudal Japan called the Shinsengumi. They pretty much did all the emperor's dirty work, from patrolling the capital city of Kyoto for criminals to (here's the fiction part of it) testing a drug from the west called "The Water of Life" on prisoners/criminals. Another fiction part of it is that it has demons and all that, and the appearance of the Shinsengumi commanders and captains in no way look like how they do in real life.

The second one is also historical, but completely fiction; it just takes place in an old historical time. It's called "Saiunkoku Monogatari". The only problem with this one is, is that it gets pretty politic heavy. If you're not that into government or politics, this might not be a good option for you. The first, I'd say about six episodes or so, aren't that heavy into politics however.

The third one is "Akatsuki no Yona", which is also completely fiction and takes place in a historical setting. My favorite part about this anime is that it deals with dragons >:D (Kind of indirectly though). What's not to love?

Finally, the last one is called "Akagami no Shirayukihime". It's a spin-off of the Snow White story, and I quite enjoy it! It's fairly new, so I really love the art style. It's kind of a historical fantasy. I'm not exactly sure if you could count it as a slice of life, but it has a lot of romance in it! It's really cute.

I apologize for the delay, I had school and I just finished homework. @Lamenting

If you're alright with the historical category, I have four that might interest you!

The first one is a personal favorite of mine. It's a historical fiction anime called "Hakuouki". It basically revolves around a military organization from feudal Japan called the Shinsengumi. They pretty much did all the emperor's dirty work, from patrolling the capital city of Kyoto for criminals to (here's the fiction part of it) testing a drug from the west called "The Water of Life" on prisoners/criminals. Another fiction part of it is that it has demons and all that, and the appearance of the Shinsengumi commanders and captains in no way look like how they do in real life.

The second one is also historical, but completely fiction; it just takes place in an old historical time. It's called "Saiunkoku Monogatari". The only problem with this one is, is that it gets pretty politic heavy. If you're not that into government or politics, this might not be a good option for you. The first, I'd say about six episodes or so, aren't that heavy into politics however.

The third one is "Akatsuki no Yona", which is also completely fiction and takes place in a historical setting. My favorite part about this anime is that it deals with dragons >:D (Kind of indirectly though). What's not to love?

Finally, the last one is called "Akagami no Shirayukihime". It's a spin-off of the Snow White story, and I quite enjoy it! It's fairly new, so I really love the art style. It's kind of a historical fantasy. I'm not exactly sure if you could count it as a slice of life, but it has a lot of romance in it! It's really cute.

A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
1 2