Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What have we done to deserve this!? D:
I just noticed that there're so many different FE Fates discussion threads here and it just hurts because we European/Australian people still have to wait 51 BLOODY DAYS till the game releases. I try not to spoil myself accidentally but it gets harder with every day passing.
I mean WHY Nintendo!? Why do you do this to us? Games like Pokémon Sun & Moon will get a worldwide realease but we still have to wait for Fates after the rest of the world can already play it? Seriously?

Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent what was building up inside me since february>.< I hope you lucky people wo are already able to play the game do enjoy it :)
I just noticed that there're so many different FE Fates discussion threads here and it just hurts because we European/Australian people still have to wait 51 BLOODY DAYS till the game releases. I try not to spoil myself accidentally but it gets harder with every day passing.
I mean WHY Nintendo!? Why do you do this to us? Games like Pokémon Sun & Moon will get a worldwide realease but we still have to wait for Fates after the rest of the world can already play it? Seriously?

Sorry for the rant, I just had to vent what was building up inside me since february>.< I hope you lucky people wo are already able to play the game do enjoy it :)
OSPKX5l.png
@Kahaki

I'm in the US, and I agree your wait is sucky.
It happened with us for Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright; we waited half a year and we just got the British version.
They didn't change anything and it took 'em forever to port it here.

Although to be fair, you guys typically get nicer special editions and preorder stuff.

But hey, you have the release date now; it'll be here before you know it!
@Kahaki

I'm in the US, and I agree your wait is sucky.
It happened with us for Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright; we waited half a year and we just got the British version.
They didn't change anything and it took 'em forever to port it here.

Although to be fair, you guys typically get nicer special editions and preorder stuff.

But hey, you have the release date now; it'll be here before you know it!
@starfox

Oh wow, I didn't know that.

You're right. But remember that the special edition is limited. It was sold out after less than 24 hours....at least I had enough luck to get one.

Hm...yeah, but the waiting still sucks and the fact that everyone else can already it isn't really a big help^^°
@starfox

Oh wow, I didn't know that.

You're right. But remember that the special edition is limited. It was sold out after less than 24 hours....at least I had enough luck to get one.

Hm...yeah, but the waiting still sucks and the fact that everyone else can already it isn't really a big help^^°
OSPKX5l.png
@Kahaki

Oh man, ours sold out that fast too. I'm glad you were able to get it though!
And I absolutely agree, it majorly sucks.
@Kahaki

Oh man, ours sold out that fast too. I'm glad you were able to get it though!
And I absolutely agree, it majorly sucks.
@Kahaki

You probably know this/could guess this already, but there's some reasoning on why the game releases are staggered.

For the most part, Nintendo releases it's games in order of where it has a market, this means JP > Americas > The rest of the world. Depending on the translation team, the European translation teams for Nintendo often actually use the American translations as a base, then go from there (if you're lucky, this won't be the case of Fates, but it was for Awakening). This means they have to wait for a finalized American English script before starting their own, even if the changes they'd make are fairly minor (Awakening is a good example here, there were only a few changed lines between the American version and the UK version).

On top of that, the marketing teams tend to be completely separate, each tackling their advertising based on how they best feel works for the country they are advertising to.

Not to mention possible voice work, which, yet again, requires a mostly finalized script.
@Kahaki

You probably know this/could guess this already, but there's some reasoning on why the game releases are staggered.

For the most part, Nintendo releases it's games in order of where it has a market, this means JP > Americas > The rest of the world. Depending on the translation team, the European translation teams for Nintendo often actually use the American translations as a base, then go from there (if you're lucky, this won't be the case of Fates, but it was for Awakening). This means they have to wait for a finalized American English script before starting their own, even if the changes they'd make are fairly minor (Awakening is a good example here, there were only a few changed lines between the American version and the UK version).

On top of that, the marketing teams tend to be completely separate, each tackling their advertising based on how they best feel works for the country they are advertising to.

Not to mention possible voice work, which, yet again, requires a mostly finalized script.
Accent Shop!

@Kahaki I feel your pain incredibly, as I too have been made horribly irritated (and about 80% bitter) about this.

It's rather ridiculous too, when other games get worldwide releases at the same time. It's irritating because we can't just import the game anymore like we used to be able to do on past systems, since now the multi-region on consoles has gone too.

I wouldn't mind so much, if people were able to keep their spoilers and talk tagged and considerate (aka on here I don't go on the Fates threads because I just think sure, people are enjoying it they're gunna want to talk about certain things in it. Or when stuff is properly tagged on sites like tumblr). But that doesn't always happen and I often find myself having to sigh internally and try not to look / read something that's a point I'd rather explore myself in the game when we do get it.

I'm so bummed out about the Special Edition being limited to. The game store I buy from has started to get a horrible record when it comes to preorders (they used to be so good), and despite the fact I've saved birthday money for it I really doubt I'll get it :/
@Kahaki I feel your pain incredibly, as I too have been made horribly irritated (and about 80% bitter) about this.

It's rather ridiculous too, when other games get worldwide releases at the same time. It's irritating because we can't just import the game anymore like we used to be able to do on past systems, since now the multi-region on consoles has gone too.

I wouldn't mind so much, if people were able to keep their spoilers and talk tagged and considerate (aka on here I don't go on the Fates threads because I just think sure, people are enjoying it they're gunna want to talk about certain things in it. Or when stuff is properly tagged on sites like tumblr). But that doesn't always happen and I often find myself having to sigh internally and try not to look / read something that's a point I'd rather explore myself in the game when we do get it.

I'm so bummed out about the Special Edition being limited to. The game store I buy from has started to get a horrible record when it comes to preorders (they used to be so good), and despite the fact I've saved birthday money for it I really doubt I'll get it :/
BodY2oF.png
8ugeV0V.png
MLr9Cke.png
eAFcZYW.png
WKlFF60.png
5hF3FGk.png
WvEXipG.png
A35Gt59.png
YMPbu9R.png
@Astrologian
I know that, but the gap between the American and the EU release is usually not that long. And I understand that the translation team needs more time since they have to translate more languages than just english but why didn't they start earlier? I mean, even if they use the American script, they still could have worked parallel to the american translation team.

Well, we didn't even have a release date to the time America already had the game...I highly doubt that this was a good move. And since worldwide releases are nothing special this day, I don't see any reason to let us wait THAT long. I get your point though.

@hinotoriii
Yeah, that's one thing that really annoys me about Nintendo consoles. At least they still have backwards compatibility.

I feel you, It's just..argh.

Jep, I was so desperate to get it. And every time I looked on Amazon and saw that it wasn't up for preorder yet, I was afraid that I missed my chance..
Ahh, I wish you luck and hope that you'll be able to get one^^

@Astrologian
I know that, but the gap between the American and the EU release is usually not that long. And I understand that the translation team needs more time since they have to translate more languages than just english but why didn't they start earlier? I mean, even if they use the American script, they still could have worked parallel to the american translation team.

Well, we didn't even have a release date to the time America already had the game...I highly doubt that this was a good move. And since worldwide releases are nothing special this day, I don't see any reason to let us wait THAT long. I get your point though.

@hinotoriii
Yeah, that's one thing that really annoys me about Nintendo consoles. At least they still have backwards compatibility.

I feel you, It's just..argh.

Jep, I was so desperate to get it. And every time I looked on Amazon and saw that it wasn't up for preorder yet, I was afraid that I missed my chance..
Ahh, I wish you luck and hope that you'll be able to get one^^

OSPKX5l.png