Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [MH] Monster Hunter Hub // Generations!
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42 43
*needs Rathalos Tail*
*gets a Rathalos Plate instead*

...has anyone else had any crazy things like this happen?
*needs Rathalos Tail*
*gets a Rathalos Plate instead*

...has anyone else had any crazy things like this happen?
3 hours ahead of FR time

Fair warning: I have the social grace of a potato.
ZoeC058.png
ALL the time.
ALL the time.
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
Hey guys can I be cool too?

Amala | HR58, was HR7 literally five minutes ago.
Insect Glaive > Bowgun (both) > Dual Blade (still learning how to use)
FC: 0404 - 6751 - 0691
Notes: Awkward timezone (UST +10), way too reckless and gets hit a lot, most of my armor has fire weakness, I love fighting the magalas and kushala daora
Hey guys can I be cool too?

Amala | HR58, was HR7 literally five minutes ago.
Insect Glaive > Bowgun (both) > Dual Blade (still learning how to use)
FC: 0404 - 6751 - 0691
Notes: Awkward timezone (UST +10), way too reckless and gets hit a lot, most of my armor has fire weakness, I love fighting the magalas and kushala daora
plagueiscool_zps0139e344.gif
i've been trying to git gud at gunning. bow is the easiest for me but the fights last forever because of how weak it is. doesn't help that my defense is low so 70% of the fight is me dodging the attacks.

any tips and advice, specifically for the bowguns? i've been trying to get used to HBG but i'm honestly not feeling it.
i've been trying to git gud at gunning. bow is the easiest for me but the fights last forever because of how weak it is. doesn't help that my defense is low so 70% of the fight is me dodging the attacks.

any tips and advice, specifically for the bowguns? i've been trying to get used to HBG but i'm honestly not feeling it.
@Elligance I didn't feel HBG either, it's too clunky for me! some people love it, though.

I go back and forth between LBG and a few melees and gunning is one of my favorite things to do. it's so satisfying when you gun something down by yourself. my hunt times with LBG were quite low at first until I got used to it (this is the first MH game I actually tried gunning in) but they significantly improved with practice until now the difference between my gunning and switchaxe hunt times is within 60 seconds.

it's also important to make a really good gunner set. the ace/sororal set is excellent if you're not a fan of mixed sets, but mixed sets are superior when you hit end game.

it does take some dedicated practice, though. if you pursue LBG you'll find you get so good at dodging that the fights become a fluid dance where you never have a second of downtime, really. it's true your defense is crap but that won't matter when you never get hit :'>
@Elligance I didn't feel HBG either, it's too clunky for me! some people love it, though.

I go back and forth between LBG and a few melees and gunning is one of my favorite things to do. it's so satisfying when you gun something down by yourself. my hunt times with LBG were quite low at first until I got used to it (this is the first MH game I actually tried gunning in) but they significantly improved with practice until now the difference between my gunning and switchaxe hunt times is within 60 seconds.

it's also important to make a really good gunner set. the ace/sororal set is excellent if you're not a fan of mixed sets, but mixed sets are superior when you hit end game.

it does take some dedicated practice, though. if you pursue LBG you'll find you get so good at dodging that the fights become a fluid dance where you never have a second of downtime, really. it's true your defense is crap but that won't matter when you never get hit :'>
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
'ello bois!

HR59 Insect Glaive / Bow / DB here! Been playing MH4U for a while now, though it's my first MH ever. I'm loving it!

I'd be looking to help out some HR1-7 folks if they'd like to gain ranks, if they'll let me practice with the bow. :3
'ello bois!

HR59 Insect Glaive / Bow / DB here! Been playing MH4U for a while now, though it's my first MH ever. I'm loving it!

I'd be looking to help out some HR1-7 folks if they'd like to gain ranks, if they'll let me practice with the bow. :3
ooh a MH4U thread!
i defeated dalamadur yesterday (took me around 4 times to kill him, his lazer attack is a nightmare ;_;) and now my HR rank is 51!
now all i gotta do is kill Ukanlos :D
ooh a MH4U thread!
i defeated dalamadur yesterday (took me around 4 times to kill him, his lazer attack is a nightmare ;_;) and now my HR rank is 51!
now all i gotta do is kill Ukanlos :D
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
Alrighty so I've done a LOT of playing lately...! No internet access reliably so I've been soloing the GH quests. >-> I just advanced to HR7 and got the materials I need to upgrade my Gore IG from Shagaru... except now I need to farm a Nyctgem! ;w; I have that on my list of things to do, but I really want to go kick Kushala's behind, since I didn't get to last time. So I'm upgrading my Nercylla IG and currently whacking around some Khetzu to see if I can't get a Pale Steak for some Status decorations!

I think my armor set is kind of eh (I only have Sharp+1/Evade Extender, and I can gem in either Status or Ranger... or KO but lol IG user), so I'm going to also grind out some new armor. And also grind out a gunner set, I really like LGB and HBG, bow feels kind of awkward though. SO MUCH GRINDING TO DO ahahaha, I bring it on myself though. I really want to be able to have the choice of an IG, HH, or XBG set for multiplayer though, when I'm able to do it.
...another reason I haven't been multiplayering is due to some performance anxiety, I know I'm a scrub ahahaha but other people don't need to know that, so I want some nice gear before I hop in. Which leads to a cycle of "Not good enough gear > progresses a bit for better gear > progressed enough to increase HR, making new enemies available to murder > gear not up to date". The struggle, truly.

Other than that, I just beat my first Akantor. And I got some neat GQs that I will definitely grind when I'm at that point! Of note, I got a Brachy GQ with Tri A (Chest, and Hammer/HH I thiiink?) biases. I really like the Brachy/Brute Tri A/B/C armor set!! I also streetpassed someone on campus and got a 121 dual Rajang quest. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ;w;

ps sorry if names are spelled incorrectly, didn't bother looking any up

pss ive killed 17 hr gores so far and no nyctgem or plate, i have 17 rathalos rubies though i can't find a use for, rip me
Alrighty so I've done a LOT of playing lately...! No internet access reliably so I've been soloing the GH quests. >-> I just advanced to HR7 and got the materials I need to upgrade my Gore IG from Shagaru... except now I need to farm a Nyctgem! ;w; I have that on my list of things to do, but I really want to go kick Kushala's behind, since I didn't get to last time. So I'm upgrading my Nercylla IG and currently whacking around some Khetzu to see if I can't get a Pale Steak for some Status decorations!

I think my armor set is kind of eh (I only have Sharp+1/Evade Extender, and I can gem in either Status or Ranger... or KO but lol IG user), so I'm going to also grind out some new armor. And also grind out a gunner set, I really like LGB and HBG, bow feels kind of awkward though. SO MUCH GRINDING TO DO ahahaha, I bring it on myself though. I really want to be able to have the choice of an IG, HH, or XBG set for multiplayer though, when I'm able to do it.
...another reason I haven't been multiplayering is due to some performance anxiety, I know I'm a scrub ahahaha but other people don't need to know that, so I want some nice gear before I hop in. Which leads to a cycle of "Not good enough gear > progresses a bit for better gear > progressed enough to increase HR, making new enemies available to murder > gear not up to date". The struggle, truly.

Other than that, I just beat my first Akantor. And I got some neat GQs that I will definitely grind when I'm at that point! Of note, I got a Brachy GQ with Tri A (Chest, and Hammer/HH I thiiink?) biases. I really like the Brachy/Brute Tri A/B/C armor set!! I also streetpassed someone on campus and got a 121 dual Rajang quest. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ;w;

ps sorry if names are spelled incorrectly, didn't bother looking any up

pss ive killed 17 hr gores so far and no nyctgem or plate, i have 17 rathalos rubies though i can't find a use for, rip me
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
AHh the end game dual Rajang quests. Truly an art form! After getting both variations of his armor, I hate that sucker so much now...

If I could I would trade you rubies for nyctgems, I am the exact opposite of you!!
AHh the end game dual Rajang quests. Truly an art form! After getting both variations of his armor, I hate that sucker so much now...

If I could I would trade you rubies for nyctgems, I am the exact opposite of you!!
FMjef-VTXw-AIA-41.png
Ooh, yes! I love this game! I haven't played it in a while now, though. MH4U is really the first MH that I ever actually got into (I tried playing Tri, but the controls with the Wii Remote are terrible). More recently I got MH3U, mostly for the other monsters (Agnaktor, anyone?). In MH4U, though, I've completed every single offline Quest so far, except for one: Advanced: The Master's Test, where I have to hunt a Diablos, a Seregios, and a Deviljho, all Apex. :/

Currently, I'm only HR100 (G-Rank with silver crown), and I pretty much only use Dual Blades. I have three armor sets so far (mostly I just picked them for what I thought looked cool, and didn't have terrible stats or need materials from a monster that's a pain to hunt), which is Regios X, Gogma, and Chaos. I remember spending a few hours figuring out what gems to put in them. xD

Unfortunately, I haven't played in a few months, so I really don't remember what my goals were in this game, other than completing all of the Quests. I guess if anybody would want to play with me, you can always ping or message me, but I'll usually be busy on weekdays.

@Science
Yep, I know how that feels! I had to hunt so many Seregios for just one Dissenter that they should have been extinct by the time I actually got one (and yet I managed to get a Lens my third time hunting G-Rank Seregios -_-). The same is true for Shagaru Magala. Took me forever to get Shagaru Plates (and yet I've gotten three or four Shagaru Mantles; what is RNG).

@Padawan
Oh dear. Ukanlos is such a pain. ;_; Especially G-Rank Ukanlos; took me forever to beat him. I recommend bringing Dash Juice/Mega Dash Juice (if you have any) with you. He has this one move that takes very precise timing (which I'm almost always guaranteed to fail miserably at) to dodge, and you're going to need that stamina.

@Kintsy
And of course there's Rajang. G-Rank Furious Rajang was a nightmare for me to beat. He took me like three to five tries, with the first few times ending in miserable failure in only a few minutes. Somehow I managed to figure him out, though (but I don't plan on farming him for materials; no thanks!). I have a feeling Apex Rajang will be much worse, though (mostly because of my lack of a Drive Wystone; where do you get the permanent one I see people have alongside their other Wystone?).
Ooh, yes! I love this game! I haven't played it in a while now, though. MH4U is really the first MH that I ever actually got into (I tried playing Tri, but the controls with the Wii Remote are terrible). More recently I got MH3U, mostly for the other monsters (Agnaktor, anyone?). In MH4U, though, I've completed every single offline Quest so far, except for one: Advanced: The Master's Test, where I have to hunt a Diablos, a Seregios, and a Deviljho, all Apex. :/

Currently, I'm only HR100 (G-Rank with silver crown), and I pretty much only use Dual Blades. I have three armor sets so far (mostly I just picked them for what I thought looked cool, and didn't have terrible stats or need materials from a monster that's a pain to hunt), which is Regios X, Gogma, and Chaos. I remember spending a few hours figuring out what gems to put in them. xD

Unfortunately, I haven't played in a few months, so I really don't remember what my goals were in this game, other than completing all of the Quests. I guess if anybody would want to play with me, you can always ping or message me, but I'll usually be busy on weekdays.

@Science
Yep, I know how that feels! I had to hunt so many Seregios for just one Dissenter that they should have been extinct by the time I actually got one (and yet I managed to get a Lens my third time hunting G-Rank Seregios -_-). The same is true for Shagaru Magala. Took me forever to get Shagaru Plates (and yet I've gotten three or four Shagaru Mantles; what is RNG).

@Padawan
Oh dear. Ukanlos is such a pain. ;_; Especially G-Rank Ukanlos; took me forever to beat him. I recommend bringing Dash Juice/Mega Dash Juice (if you have any) with you. He has this one move that takes very precise timing (which I'm almost always guaranteed to fail miserably at) to dodge, and you're going to need that stamina.

@Kintsy
And of course there's Rajang. G-Rank Furious Rajang was a nightmare for me to beat. He took me like three to five tries, with the first few times ending in miserable failure in only a few minutes. Somehow I managed to figure him out, though (but I don't plan on farming him for materials; no thanks!). I have a feeling Apex Rajang will be much worse, though (mostly because of my lack of a Drive Wystone; where do you get the permanent one I see people have alongside their other Wystone?).

Someday I'll put something creative here.
1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 42 43