Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Steven Universe anyone??
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
@Lesley

More like keep Bismuth safe until she finds a way to fix her ;_;

Maybe it was meant to be an experiment that would result in creating new kinds of gems? Synthetic gems that wouldn't need so many resources to grow? I'm pretty sure Rose is the type of gem that would work on something like this. Growing more gems and not destroying life on Earth? Sounds pretty great, doesn't it?

It probably went horribly wrong
@Lesley

More like keep Bismuth safe until she finds a way to fix her ;_;

Maybe it was meant to be an experiment that would result in creating new kinds of gems? Synthetic gems that wouldn't need so many resources to grow? I'm pretty sure Rose is the type of gem that would work on something like this. Growing more gems and not destroying life on Earth? Sounds pretty great, doesn't it?

It probably went horribly wrong
25fu4ux.jpg
@Bolton Yeah, apparently I'm actually pretty terrible at remembering characterization. And I'm a writer. Bleh. Of course.

Follow up question to that: So do the gems follow the properties of their naturally occuring counterparts? Because if so being something as brittle as Bismuth doesn't sound very safe for the individual gem and could be part of what's wrong with her.

EDIT: And oh, oh, I just realized something. Bismuth is a material that oxidizes heavily when exposed to the air, and it just so happens that its bubbled in Lion's mane- which has no air. O.o Intereeesting.

@Bolton Yeah, apparently I'm actually pretty terrible at remembering characterization. And I'm a writer. Bleh. Of course.

Follow up question to that: So do the gems follow the properties of their naturally occuring counterparts? Because if so being something as brittle as Bismuth doesn't sound very safe for the individual gem and could be part of what's wrong with her.

EDIT: And oh, oh, I just realized something. Bismuth is a material that oxidizes heavily when exposed to the air, and it just so happens that its bubbled in Lion's mane- which has no air. O.o Intereeesting.

I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
@Lesley

I'm pretty sure that they follow gem symbolism, and maybe some of the chemistry stuff.

Oh! Maybe Bismuth is a homeworld gem that's not able to live on Earth becaue air can harm her! This theory works only if homeworld has no oxygen though

Or maybe that's why she is "broken". Maybe she was the first synthetic prototype? Imperfect and unable to adapt to Earth's atmosphere?
@Lesley

I'm pretty sure that they follow gem symbolism, and maybe some of the chemistry stuff.

Oh! Maybe Bismuth is a homeworld gem that's not able to live on Earth becaue air can harm her! This theory works only if homeworld has no oxygen though

Or maybe that's why she is "broken". Maybe she was the first synthetic prototype? Imperfect and unable to adapt to Earth's atmosphere?
25fu4ux.jpg
I'm up to "Marble Madness". I've been binging the show a couple episodes at a time, whenever I have time off from work. I really like how the plot references previous episodes, and there's a sense of continuity that rarely shows up in cartoons. The soft pastel color palette is really soothing, too.
I'm up to "Marble Madness". I've been binging the show a couple episodes at a time, whenever I have time off from work. I really like how the plot references previous episodes, and there's a sense of continuity that rarely shows up in cartoons. The soft pastel color palette is really soothing, too.
@Bolton it's okay to be fandom trash as long as no one gets hurt in the process!

besides, it'd be pretty great to see how the big cheeto would be redeemed
@Bolton it's okay to be fandom trash as long as no one gets hurt in the process!

besides, it'd be pretty great to see how the big cheeto would be redeemed
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
I've noticed that this show loves to invade my feed on Youtube at the BEST moments. Cat's in the Cradle, Piano Man, American Pie, two Animated Atrocities episodes and...Stronger then You. Yup. That's pretty much my life and interests in a Youtube feed.

Yeah, Cats in the Cradle isn't relevant to the relationship between Steven and the gems at all...

My son turned ten just the other day
He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play
can you teach me to throw",

I said "Not today I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"

And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
And said,

"I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know I'm gonna be like him"

(*WEEPING*)
I've noticed that this show loves to invade my feed on Youtube at the BEST moments. Cat's in the Cradle, Piano Man, American Pie, two Animated Atrocities episodes and...Stronger then You. Yup. That's pretty much my life and interests in a Youtube feed.

Yeah, Cats in the Cradle isn't relevant to the relationship between Steven and the gems at all...

My son turned ten just the other day
He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play
can you teach me to throw",

I said "Not today I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"

And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
And said,

"I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know I'm gonna be like him"

(*WEEPING*)
Hello, fellow Universe lover here! My favs rn are Pearl, Steven, Connie and Garnet!
I so emotionally involved with this show it's UNHEALTHY I have cried so many times over the weirdest things on the show it's laughable, but hey, I can't help it X)
Hello, fellow Universe lover here! My favs rn are Pearl, Steven, Connie and Garnet!
I so emotionally involved with this show it's UNHEALTHY I have cried so many times over the weirdest things on the show it's laughable, but hey, I can't help it X)
@Lyerak Connie for best written love interest in animation ever? (Although that's far from all she is as a character, but that's kind of the point. I'm never going to mention this and not coughhack about Adventure Time.)

@Lyerak Connie for best written love interest in animation ever? (Although that's far from all she is as a character, but that's kind of the point. I'm never going to mention this and not coughhack about Adventure Time.)

@Lesley Yes!! She is perfect! All the episodes she is in have been some of my favorites. Not to mention she reminds me so much of my self, I adore relatable characters~ and haha.
@Lesley Yes!! She is perfect! All the episodes she is in have been some of my favorites. Not to mention she reminds me so much of my self, I adore relatable characters~ and haha.
...Okay, okay, this is getting creepy. REALLY CREEPY.

I'm not gonna lie, I was listening to this song because its on my SU related playlist, but that clip from Story for Steven is RIGHT THERE. The reason this song is in my SU related playlist to begin with is because of these lyrics

All the small things
True care, truth brings
I'll take one lift
Your ride best trip

Always I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting, commiserating

Say it ain't so,
I will not go,
Turn the lights off,
Carry me home

Late night, come home
Work sucks, I know
She left me roses by the stairs,
Surprises, let me know she cares

*Curls up and cries* I'm a haunted soul.
...Okay, okay, this is getting creepy. REALLY CREEPY.

I'm not gonna lie, I was listening to this song because its on my SU related playlist, but that clip from Story for Steven is RIGHT THERE. The reason this song is in my SU related playlist to begin with is because of these lyrics

All the small things
True care, truth brings
I'll take one lift
Your ride best trip

Always I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting, commiserating

Say it ain't so,
I will not go,
Turn the lights off,
Carry me home

Late night, come home
Work sucks, I know
She left me roses by the stairs,
Surprises, let me know she cares

*Curls up and cries* I'm a haunted soul.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13