Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird childhood stories.
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 54 55
I really specifically remember running around the stairs almost naked when I was like in first grade with a friend over
I don't know why we did that and I haven't seen that friend since first grade so we will never know.
I really specifically remember running around the stairs almost naked when I was like in first grade with a friend over
I don't know why we did that and I haven't seen that friend since first grade so we will never know.
Another story would be the time me and my brother flooded the bathroom.

My mum had a friend over and as we where being naughty, she locked us in the bathroom.

Instead of sitting there quietly, we hatched a plan.

We set the bath running, and started jumping in it...

until it flooded the floor.

I was never locked in the bathroom again after that, I did get a right belting though....
Another story would be the time me and my brother flooded the bathroom.

My mum had a friend over and as we where being naughty, she locked us in the bathroom.

Instead of sitting there quietly, we hatched a plan.

We set the bath running, and started jumping in it...

until it flooded the floor.

I was never locked in the bathroom again after that, I did get a right belting though....
ku7My32.png
When I was six I had this little old Southern lady for a teacher named Ms. Bisky (she told us that we could remember her name because it sounds like "biscuit"). She was obsessed with bears, and had 100+ bear stuffed animals in her room (I can't remember the exact number, but it was over 100 and she knew that because she actually took the time to count every bear stuffed animal she could shove in that room). Come to think of it, she kind of reminds me of Paula Deen... Anyway...

Even as a six year old I absolutely hated math, and one day I just decided that I absolutely did not want to do math that day. So when my teacher started passing out the worksheets I raised my hand and told the most ridiculous lie: "Um, Ms. Bisky, I just had brain surgery at the hospital and the doctor told me that I can't do math." She totally bought it. And so I didn't do math that day, and six year old me was like, "It was totally worth it." *puts on shades*

Of course, she called later in the evening and asked my mom about the surgery and if I was okay, and my mom just started laughing because she knew that, obviously, I told Ms. Bisky a lie. Ms. Bisky was not happy.

...But, I mean, what teacher wouldn't expect to receive a note from the doctor/parents in that case? You can only blame yourself, Ms. Bisky.
When I was six I had this little old Southern lady for a teacher named Ms. Bisky (she told us that we could remember her name because it sounds like "biscuit"). She was obsessed with bears, and had 100+ bear stuffed animals in her room (I can't remember the exact number, but it was over 100 and she knew that because she actually took the time to count every bear stuffed animal she could shove in that room). Come to think of it, she kind of reminds me of Paula Deen... Anyway...

Even as a six year old I absolutely hated math, and one day I just decided that I absolutely did not want to do math that day. So when my teacher started passing out the worksheets I raised my hand and told the most ridiculous lie: "Um, Ms. Bisky, I just had brain surgery at the hospital and the doctor told me that I can't do math." She totally bought it. And so I didn't do math that day, and six year old me was like, "It was totally worth it." *puts on shades*

Of course, she called later in the evening and asked my mom about the surgery and if I was okay, and my mom just started laughing because she knew that, obviously, I told Ms. Bisky a lie. Ms. Bisky was not happy.

...But, I mean, what teacher wouldn't expect to receive a note from the doctor/parents in that case? You can only blame yourself, Ms. Bisky.
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png
Have a great day!
carianne | woman-aligned | she/her
@lillian1744

Growing up I was a bit of a know-it-all kid, I had/have an above average IQ and lots of special interests. I had a bunch of encyclopedias made for children filled with information about plants and animals and once I read something I never forgot it.

My old elementary school's playground backed up on to an affluent neighborhood, with a chain link fence between our swing set and their trees/gardens. Me and my friends would hang around there a lot and one day I was looking at the trees on the other side of the fence and realized that several of them had poison ivy vines snaking up the side right where some kid could reach out and grab it. After recess I approached my teacher and showed it to her, but she didn't believe me.

The next day the word got out among the kids, and me being the school nerd, they naturally used it as an opportunity to bully me and my friends. Two boys ripped leaves off of the poison ivy and chased us around with it, trying to rub it on our skin. After recess me and my best friend ran into the restroom and frantically scrubbed our clothes and arms with soap and water until we where soaking wet because we didn't know what else to do.

Some time after that, we all got called down to the school nurse and lo and behold, one of the boys who chased us was sitting in a chair, his face swelled up like a balloon. He had a severe allergic reaction and ended up having to go to the hospital, but was back in school after a couple of days. The other boy also broke out on his face, less severely, but it lasted for weeks.

Neither me nor any of my friends ever got poison ivy. The janitor was out the very next week with the owner of the house removing the vines from the trees.
@lillian1744

Growing up I was a bit of a know-it-all kid, I had/have an above average IQ and lots of special interests. I had a bunch of encyclopedias made for children filled with information about plants and animals and once I read something I never forgot it.

My old elementary school's playground backed up on to an affluent neighborhood, with a chain link fence between our swing set and their trees/gardens. Me and my friends would hang around there a lot and one day I was looking at the trees on the other side of the fence and realized that several of them had poison ivy vines snaking up the side right where some kid could reach out and grab it. After recess I approached my teacher and showed it to her, but she didn't believe me.

The next day the word got out among the kids, and me being the school nerd, they naturally used it as an opportunity to bully me and my friends. Two boys ripped leaves off of the poison ivy and chased us around with it, trying to rub it on our skin. After recess me and my best friend ran into the restroom and frantically scrubbed our clothes and arms with soap and water until we where soaking wet because we didn't know what else to do.

Some time after that, we all got called down to the school nurse and lo and behold, one of the boys who chased us was sitting in a chair, his face swelled up like a balloon. He had a severe allergic reaction and ended up having to go to the hospital, but was back in school after a couple of days. The other boy also broke out on his face, less severely, but it lasted for weeks.

Neither me nor any of my friends ever got poison ivy. The janitor was out the very next week with the owner of the house removing the vines from the trees.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
Oh I remembered another one

One time when I was like, 7 I had a friend over and we had the brilliant idea to try to get my dad to let us take a bath together early signs of me being pan so we thought if we got paint all over ourselves he'd let us. We wanted to make it seem like an accident though so we started painting absolutely everything we could get our hands on (a lot, since I collected rocks at the time and was cool with painting most of them). In the end my dad called her parents to pick her up so she could clean up at home instead, making our plan a failure.
Oh I remembered another one

One time when I was like, 7 I had a friend over and we had the brilliant idea to try to get my dad to let us take a bath together early signs of me being pan so we thought if we got paint all over ourselves he'd let us. We wanted to make it seem like an accident though so we started painting absolutely everything we could get our hands on (a lot, since I collected rocks at the time and was cool with painting most of them). In the end my dad called her parents to pick her up so she could clean up at home instead, making our plan a failure.
Walk along the footprints to witness the flame-chasing crusade. In the end, you will go beyond the graves and create a future we could not reach!

Help out with my Thirteen Flame-Chasers fandragon project!
I have no memory of this, but both my mom and grandma have told me about this happening.
My grandma used to read books (no idea which books) to me, but she would occasionally skip over some of the words. And I would actually CORRECT her reading. And this was before I learned to read! Little toddler me had somehow memorized the story, and could tell EXACTLY how the dialogue went!
and i was apparently just as persnickety as i am now
I have no memory of this, but both my mom and grandma have told me about this happening.
My grandma used to read books (no idea which books) to me, but she would occasionally skip over some of the words. And I would actually CORRECT her reading. And this was before I learned to read! Little toddler me had somehow memorized the story, and could tell EXACTLY how the dialogue went!
and i was apparently just as persnickety as i am now
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
One time when I was in 3rd grade, a kid told me I would go to hell for liking pokemon. I didn't know if he was joking or not since I don't really remember now, but I apparently got really upset because the teacher made him write an apology note. My parents got a kick out of that note and they put it in the file cabinet so I could find it later in life (which I recently did, and asked them about it feeling very confused.)
One time when I was in 3rd grade, a kid told me I would go to hell for liking pokemon. I didn't know if he was joking or not since I don't really remember now, but I apparently got really upset because the teacher made him write an apology note. My parents got a kick out of that note and they put it in the file cabinet so I could find it later in life (which I recently did, and asked them about it feeling very confused.)
I was in the bathtub by myself and i decided to eat a bar of soap
I was in the bathtub by myself and i decided to eat a bar of soap
img.jpg
i was obsessed with dinosaurs when i was little. i watched the Dinosaur movie at least 20 times and i had all the Land Before Time movies. at one point i probably thought i was a dinosaur so i would go in my backyard and eat the leaves off my tree.

keep in mind that i was a really pick eater when i was little. i would not eat certain chips, fish, steak, pastas, or even salads, but i was totally okay with eating leaves.
i was obsessed with dinosaurs when i was little. i watched the Dinosaur movie at least 20 times and i had all the Land Before Time movies. at one point i probably thought i was a dinosaur so i would go in my backyard and eat the leaves off my tree.

keep in mind that i was a really pick eater when i was little. i would not eat certain chips, fish, steak, pastas, or even salads, but i was totally okay with eating leaves.
In my house, the kitchen and the living room are connected by two openings. My brother was chasing me through the doorways in a circle, because I was trying to eat a stick of butter. When I got to the kitchen, I hid under my high chair, and my brother kept running because he didn't know. :P As I ate the stick of butter, my mom looked down at me from where she was cooking. I put my finger to my mouth and shushed her, and I ate the whole thing ;3
In my house, the kitchen and the living room are connected by two openings. My brother was chasing me through the doorways in a circle, because I was trying to eat a stick of butter. When I got to the kitchen, I hid under my high chair, and my brother kept running because he didn't know. :P As I ate the stick of butter, my mom looked down at me from where she was cooking. I put my finger to my mouth and shushed her, and I ate the whole thing ;3
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 54 55