Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Mass Effect! [SPOILERS]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
i've played all mass effect games a couple times each (it's my favourite game series) and i've tried going full-on renegade twice - it's so difficult for me to do because i don't want to treat my teammates which i've grown a bond with badly, so i usually prefer to go paragon.

every time i go fem!shep (which is almost every time) i can't help but to romance liara. she's just so cute and perfect. i also may or may not have developed a crush on her, aha!

i honestly found mass effect 3 to be too saddening for me to handle (at every character death i cry and i can't help it), which made me start to avoid playing it. blerghhh emotions suck
i've played all mass effect games a couple times each (it's my favourite game series) and i've tried going full-on renegade twice - it's so difficult for me to do because i don't want to treat my teammates which i've grown a bond with badly, so i usually prefer to go paragon.

every time i go fem!shep (which is almost every time) i can't help but to romance liara. she's just so cute and perfect. i also may or may not have developed a crush on her, aha!

i honestly found mass effect 3 to be too saddening for me to handle (at every character death i cry and i can't help it), which made me start to avoid playing it. blerghhh emotions suck
@sarapkm
one of my fave things about liara is that, independent of you romancing her or not, it's still super obvious she has a crush on shep.

idk if you reunited her with her "dad" but aethyta even comments on how clear it is ("i've seen the way you look at each other. surprised your panties haven't caught fire.")

(i frickin' LOVE aethyta~)
@sarapkm
one of my fave things about liara is that, independent of you romancing her or not, it's still super obvious she has a crush on shep.

idk if you reunited her with her "dad" but aethyta even comments on how clear it is ("i've seen the way you look at each other. surprised your panties haven't caught fire.")

(i frickin' LOVE aethyta~)
@Barbie, you know me so well.

I got ME2 before I got ME1, but I didn't play very far before going back and playing in order. I played a custom femshep the whole way through (the twin to barbie's). She's a paragon to the max, but there are a few renegade comments/interrupts that I just can't ignore. I didn't romance anyone in ME1, but romanced Garrus in ME2 & ME3.

I'm trying to complete a renegade playthrough and a maleshep playthrough. The key word there being "trying." If there's one thing I've learned from RPGs, is that it's really hard to deviate from what you did the first time.

Also Vanguard or nothing.
@Barbie, you know me so well.

I got ME2 before I got ME1, but I didn't play very far before going back and playing in order. I played a custom femshep the whole way through (the twin to barbie's). She's a paragon to the max, but there are a few renegade comments/interrupts that I just can't ignore. I didn't romance anyone in ME1, but romanced Garrus in ME2 & ME3.

I'm trying to complete a renegade playthrough and a maleshep playthrough. The key word there being "trying." If there's one thing I've learned from RPGs, is that it's really hard to deviate from what you did the first time.

Also Vanguard or nothing.
@munbird Jane sounds like a ****** :)
I didn't say, but Eilir is very close to Mordin. He's her best friend apart from Garrus. I have an ungodly amount of headcanon about Salarians in general, and one of those is that they're insectivores and that Mordin introduces Eilir to a sort of dried cicada snack that everyone but those two find creepy and disgusting. They also have a cuppa together every night. She supports him in his endeavour to cure the Genophage, but also agrees that updating/modifying it was correct.
Sometimes the right thing to do is not the good thing to do. She understands that.

I also really enjoy playing on Casual, because it allows me to use the Carnifex as a sniper of sorts in 2. I like the weapon system in 3 very much, and amusingly enough I use the Mantis sniper rifle and I think the Eviscerator shotgun exclusively in 3. I prefer power and precision over quantity of shots, and the tech armour lets me go nuts with close-range shootings from time to time, and the low difficulty keeps me alive. I am DEFINITELY picking up the Black Widow sniper rifle this time, though! Always went for the Assault rifle before for some dumb reason.
@munbird Jane sounds like a ****** :)
I didn't say, but Eilir is very close to Mordin. He's her best friend apart from Garrus. I have an ungodly amount of headcanon about Salarians in general, and one of those is that they're insectivores and that Mordin introduces Eilir to a sort of dried cicada snack that everyone but those two find creepy and disgusting. They also have a cuppa together every night. She supports him in his endeavour to cure the Genophage, but also agrees that updating/modifying it was correct.
Sometimes the right thing to do is not the good thing to do. She understands that.

I also really enjoy playing on Casual, because it allows me to use the Carnifex as a sniper of sorts in 2. I like the weapon system in 3 very much, and amusingly enough I use the Mantis sniper rifle and I think the Eviscerator shotgun exclusively in 3. I prefer power and precision over quantity of shots, and the tech armour lets me go nuts with close-range shootings from time to time, and the low difficulty keeps me alive. I am DEFINITELY picking up the Black Widow sniper rifle this time, though! Always went for the Assault rifle before for some dumb reason.
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
I'm the dork that would spend hours on the character creation page and ignore the rest of the game
mostly cuz I suck at shooters
I'm the dork that would spend hours on the character creation page and ignore the rest of the game
mostly cuz I suck at shooters
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
I likely will be the odd man out here, but I play a Pro-Cerberus Shep in ME2 who was angry at TIM because "CERBERUS HAD SOMETHING GOOD GOING ON, WTH JACK. WTH."

Also Kai Leng is my favourite character, fite me on this.
I likely will be the odd man out here, but I play a Pro-Cerberus Shep in ME2 who was angry at TIM because "CERBERUS HAD SOMETHING GOOD GOING ON, WTH JACK. WTH."

Also Kai Leng is my favourite character, fite me on this.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
ah yes. mass effect.

not like i have played through the games more often than i'd like to admit or anything :x

i'm a scrub tho, so i only ever play on the lowest difficulty - besides, mass effect isn't a game i'd ever play for gameplay.
i don't even have any play style; i usually go for the engineer or sentinel but really, it doesn't make much of a difference on casual, so.

but yes mass effect. i do love most characters but if i had to pick a favorite it would be mordin. maybe because in my first me3 playthrough i had to shoot him and it was horrible? it was definitely the most heartbreaking moment in the series for me.

@thrawn yo, kai leng had so much potential and i am so sad he was reduced to such a cartoon-ish villain. i don't necessarily like him but i would've loved shep / kl interaction in me2, especially with a pro-cerberus earthborn shep :x
(also i don't know what's up in the comics, so i can only talk about how i perceived him in-game)
ah yes. mass effect.

not like i have played through the games more often than i'd like to admit or anything :x

i'm a scrub tho, so i only ever play on the lowest difficulty - besides, mass effect isn't a game i'd ever play for gameplay.
i don't even have any play style; i usually go for the engineer or sentinel but really, it doesn't make much of a difference on casual, so.

but yes mass effect. i do love most characters but if i had to pick a favorite it would be mordin. maybe because in my first me3 playthrough i had to shoot him and it was horrible? it was definitely the most heartbreaking moment in the series for me.

@thrawn yo, kai leng had so much potential and i am so sad he was reduced to such a cartoon-ish villain. i don't necessarily like him but i would've loved shep / kl interaction in me2, especially with a pro-cerberus earthborn shep :x
(also i don't know what's up in the comics, so i can only talk about how i perceived him in-game)
ijWAday.png
Screams. Hello, yes, I love Mass Effect. Love love love it.

Accidentally made my Shep look like Mckayla Maroney, rolled with it. Infiltrator bc sniping people's heads off is the most satisfying feeling. Went hardcore paragon weenie. Fell in love with Garrus. Romanced the pants off him.
Did other stuff. Cried over Banshees a lot bc they scare me to death. Probably wanted to marry Samara like 12 times maybe more. And then Aria. Declared Grunt as my adopted son, sorry I left him in ur hands Garrus bby.

Things just escalated from there, I got so into the game, goodness. It was my first time really playing any prominent game series that wasn't a kiddie Nintendo game, VN, or farming like game.
Screams. Hello, yes, I love Mass Effect. Love love love it.

Accidentally made my Shep look like Mckayla Maroney, rolled with it. Infiltrator bc sniping people's heads off is the most satisfying feeling. Went hardcore paragon weenie. Fell in love with Garrus. Romanced the pants off him.
Did other stuff. Cried over Banshees a lot bc they scare me to death. Probably wanted to marry Samara like 12 times maybe more. And then Aria. Declared Grunt as my adopted son, sorry I left him in ur hands Garrus bby.

Things just escalated from there, I got so into the game, goodness. It was my first time really playing any prominent game series that wasn't a kiddie Nintendo game, VN, or farming like game.
7az1aeY.gif
talk to me about robots
@Stormee
that was p much my experience with ME. banshees were scarier to me in multiplayer than single player i think 'cause they mess you up so bad in mp (their insta-kill move can go RIGHT to hell SAME WITH KAI LENG'S AND HIS STUPID FACE TOO).

i liked playing infiltrator but my aim is horrible so vanguard is a much easier class for me to use. definitely more risky tho.

ugh like, almost all the asaris are so cool. i love samara (and even morinth ;n;) and aria and liara and liara's dad and UGH.

speaking of aria did you play the omega dlc???

@Thrawn
I WILL FITE YOU I HATE KAI LENG

worst villain in the series imo and all around terrible dude killing him was sooooo satisfying.

SO THERE. >:(

(no hard feelings yo i'm sure you're a bro i just really hate kai leng his boss fight is the worst thing)
@Stormee
that was p much my experience with ME. banshees were scarier to me in multiplayer than single player i think 'cause they mess you up so bad in mp (their insta-kill move can go RIGHT to hell SAME WITH KAI LENG'S AND HIS STUPID FACE TOO).

i liked playing infiltrator but my aim is horrible so vanguard is a much easier class for me to use. definitely more risky tho.

ugh like, almost all the asaris are so cool. i love samara (and even morinth ;n;) and aria and liara and liara's dad and UGH.

speaking of aria did you play the omega dlc???

@Thrawn
I WILL FITE YOU I HATE KAI LENG

worst villain in the series imo and all around terrible dude killing him was sooooo satisfying.

SO THERE. >:(

(no hard feelings yo i'm sure you're a bro i just really hate kai leng his boss fight is the worst thing)
Tali shall always be my waifu.

Actually right now I'm doing a soldier paragon run and I'm left with a difficult choice between continuing my romance with Jack or pursuing Ashley... I feel kind of bad about it, but that's because this is one of my only playthroughs that actually has Ashley ALIVE so... it's this or nothin'.
Tali shall always be my waifu.

Actually right now I'm doing a soldier paragon run and I'm left with a difficult choice between continuing my romance with Jack or pursuing Ashley... I feel kind of bad about it, but that's because this is one of my only playthroughs that actually has Ashley ALIVE so... it's this or nothin'.
"Each reality is but the dream of another, and each sleeper a god unknowing."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7