Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR Autistics
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dunno if I can post here, since I'm not autistic (as far as I know), but ADHD-PI. I know there can be some overlap. I have issues with emotional regulation and anxiety (officially diagnosed there) and ADHD is entirely an executive function disorder. I have a really hard time “fitting in” socially and thus was always severely picked on in school. I tend to obsessed over things for long stretches, and especially when I'm avoiding stuff that makes me anxious.

I'll mosey on if you want, though. ^^;;
Dunno if I can post here, since I'm not autistic (as far as I know), but ADHD-PI. I know there can be some overlap. I have issues with emotional regulation and anxiety (officially diagnosed there) and ADHD is entirely an executive function disorder. I have a really hard time “fitting in” socially and thus was always severely picked on in school. I tend to obsessed over things for long stretches, and especially when I'm avoiding stuff that makes me anxious.

I'll mosey on if you want, though. ^^;;
HatcherySigBanner_zps9da30159.png
Autistic person here! (Aspie officially, though I really prefer to just say autistic.) Diagnosed at 4 and now 16, with some other overlapping disorders as well (most prevalent being OCD).

I run through different special interests too often to keep track of sometimes, but off the top of my head I can think of:
    -History (mostly Swedish but also some early French)
    -Prion diseases
    -Marine biology (faves are gastropods, cephalopods, isopods, and coral polyps)
    -MBTI to some extent?
    -Musical theater
    -Propaganda (Cold War stuff really sticks out to me for whatever reason, but I haven't had a chance to really look into it much yet. OTL)
    -Film history!
    -Set design
Autistic person here! (Aspie officially, though I really prefer to just say autistic.) Diagnosed at 4 and now 16, with some other overlapping disorders as well (most prevalent being OCD).

I run through different special interests too often to keep track of sometimes, but off the top of my head I can think of:
    -History (mostly Swedish but also some early French)
    -Prion diseases
    -Marine biology (faves are gastropods, cephalopods, isopods, and coral polyps)
    -MBTI to some extent?
    -Musical theater
    -Propaganda (Cold War stuff really sticks out to me for whatever reason, but I haven't had a chance to really look into it much yet. OTL)
    -Film history!
    -Set design
I've got Autistic Spectrum Disorder although I just call myself Autistic I was diagnosed when I was two years old one day my mother woke up and I'd woken up shortly after and began speaking in a fluent american accent it stopped a year or two later, I was later diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder which I don't know much about how they diagnosed me with that, but I do know it's the reason for my insomnia and night terrors I also suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder only this year it really became a nuisance I started washing excessively and it became cracked and scaly and rashes appeared up my arms I've started using a special soap and my hands have softened up but the rashes won't disappear, I also clean when I'm nervous or upset, or just scared in general, I also have self diagnosed agoraphobia, although it's not something a doctor can really diagnose I guess, It's only mild though I can leave my house to go to familiar places but that's about it, I also suffer from General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and Separation Anxiety, and I also have Poor circulation and a lazy left eye which actually I can't see out of unless I close my right eye It can't be repaired from what I've hear

I change my interests quite often but here are some
- Japanese culture and of course that means Anime and Manga
- Science,
- Binural beats/Frequencies
- Art,
- Deities of all cultures and Legends
- and uh, I'm brain dead I can't think XD
I've got Autistic Spectrum Disorder although I just call myself Autistic I was diagnosed when I was two years old one day my mother woke up and I'd woken up shortly after and began speaking in a fluent american accent it stopped a year or two later, I was later diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder which I don't know much about how they diagnosed me with that, but I do know it's the reason for my insomnia and night terrors I also suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder only this year it really became a nuisance I started washing excessively and it became cracked and scaly and rashes appeared up my arms I've started using a special soap and my hands have softened up but the rashes won't disappear, I also clean when I'm nervous or upset, or just scared in general, I also have self diagnosed agoraphobia, although it's not something a doctor can really diagnose I guess, It's only mild though I can leave my house to go to familiar places but that's about it, I also suffer from General Anxiety, Social Anxiety and Separation Anxiety, and I also have Poor circulation and a lazy left eye which actually I can't see out of unless I close my right eye It can't be repaired from what I've hear

I change my interests quite often but here are some
- Japanese culture and of course that means Anime and Manga
- Science,
- Binural beats/Frequencies
- Art,
- Deities of all cultures and Legends
- and uh, I'm brain dead I can't think XD
I have a difficult time conveying my thoughts and idea's so please be patient with me
I've got Aspergers. I don't care much about it though, although I know I do have it. I hardly go outside and I'm as pale as a ghost, I just don't want to interact with anyone else. Sorry for it being so short, I have a migraine and I'm tired.

My interests:
Five Nights at Freddy's (If you love FNaF as well I will love you too.)
Attack on Titan
Outer space
Galaxies
Stars
Chocolate
World of Warcraft
Drawing
..Certain stuff.

-Dances-
I've got Aspergers. I don't care much about it though, although I know I do have it. I hardly go outside and I'm as pale as a ghost, I just don't want to interact with anyone else. Sorry for it being so short, I have a migraine and I'm tired.

My interests:
Five Nights at Freddy's (If you love FNaF as well I will love you too.)
Attack on Titan
Outer space
Galaxies
Stars
Chocolate
World of Warcraft
Drawing
..Certain stuff.

-Dances-
i prefer male pronouns, thank you!
TeSyH.gif
Late diagnosed with Aspergers (they used the DSM 4) and ADHD. Always suspected Aspergers one I learned what it was but the ADHD took me by surprise. It's been... interesting... adapting to "okay so this is true about me... now what?"
  1. I love genetics and heredity. Thus why I frequent pet sites like this (until I get bored with them).
  2. Architecture, especially residential. I love looking at house plans and watching those home improvement shows. Sims is great.
  3. I love learning other languages. I took German in high school and ASL recently.
Late diagnosed with Aspergers (they used the DSM 4) and ADHD. Always suspected Aspergers one I learned what it was but the ADHD took me by surprise. It's been... interesting... adapting to "okay so this is true about me... now what?"
  1. I love genetics and heredity. Thus why I frequent pet sites like this (until I get bored with them).
  2. Architecture, especially residential. I love looking at house plans and watching those home improvement shows. Sims is great.
  3. I love learning other languages. I took German in high school and ASL recently.
@DanaSoraya Hello fellow Dutch PDD-NOS person. ;o; I suffer from the same variation is the spectrum. Also ADD, while my little sister has ADHD.

I find it difficult to stay positive when I have to do things I don't like or/and I consider difficult (unrelated to autism, I also suffer from light depression) and I can be really down for a long time. When not sad I am however usually very cheery for someone who barely goes outside and only has friends in school, and although extremely shy among big groups of people (whether I already know them or not) I can be very outgoing to small groups and individuals who look friendly.

I love to draw, and am always working on new things. I however have issues finishing longer projects, as I quickly get bored with designs and planned-out things. I draw things such as dinosaurs, dragons, many self-made alien species, and very rarely, mammals such as wolves and other canines.

I don't care much about what I wear, but I adore black, gothic-y things. I never use make-up, nor really care about my hair. I hate to go shopping.
@DanaSoraya Hello fellow Dutch PDD-NOS person. ;o; I suffer from the same variation is the spectrum. Also ADD, while my little sister has ADHD.

I find it difficult to stay positive when I have to do things I don't like or/and I consider difficult (unrelated to autism, I also suffer from light depression) and I can be really down for a long time. When not sad I am however usually very cheery for someone who barely goes outside and only has friends in school, and although extremely shy among big groups of people (whether I already know them or not) I can be very outgoing to small groups and individuals who look friendly.

I love to draw, and am always working on new things. I however have issues finishing longer projects, as I quickly get bored with designs and planned-out things. I draw things such as dinosaurs, dragons, many self-made alien species, and very rarely, mammals such as wolves and other canines.

I don't care much about what I wear, but I adore black, gothic-y things. I never use make-up, nor really care about my hair. I hate to go shopping.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
@Mutation

Hello
You sounds a lot like me :)

May i see some of your drawings? I used to draw dragons too ^^
@Mutation

Hello
You sounds a lot like me :)

May i see some of your drawings? I used to draw dragons too ^^
I'm a high-functioning aspergian. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago, but I've always had issues growing up. I remember back when I was around 5, I was diagnosed with sensory defensiveness. It basically means that if I was shoved slightly, my body would treat it as a full on assault (which involved freaking out and crying). I've come a long way though. I've been working in retail for 2 years now. If you saw me a few years ago you would NEVER imagine me working a register in front of so many people. But here I am. :)
I'm a high-functioning aspergian. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago, but I've always had issues growing up. I remember back when I was around 5, I was diagnosed with sensory defensiveness. It basically means that if I was shoved slightly, my body would treat it as a full on assault (which involved freaking out and crying). I've come a long way though. I've been working in retail for 2 years now. If you saw me a few years ago you would NEVER imagine me working a register in front of so many people. But here I am. :)
tumblr_inline_n5l9g4q8P31scrvs1.png
I've got Asperger's. I was diagnosed with it quite late (when I was 15).
Mostly I get along with it pretty good even though I've sometimes got quite a few problems when I comes to social stuff.

Special interests:
- The country of Iceland
- The periodic table (+ Chemistry in general)
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Drawing

@tessiursa Yep I'm really sound sensitive. I can't stand several people talking at the same time or very loud noises. I've noticed that I'm a lot more sensitive to sounds than other people I know and they always get quite confused when I point out a sound that distracts me because they probably didn't mind or even notice it. Alarm clocks are the worst.
But at the same time I'm really good at remembering stuff that I've heard which is quite nice.

Another way in which it shows on me is that I'm really clumsy and not very skilled when it comes to working with my hands on finer stuff, like sewing. Sometimes I'm impressed by how I'm able to draw.
I've got Asperger's. I was diagnosed with it quite late (when I was 15).
Mostly I get along with it pretty good even though I've sometimes got quite a few problems when I comes to social stuff.

Special interests:
- The country of Iceland
- The periodic table (+ Chemistry in general)
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Drawing

@tessiursa Yep I'm really sound sensitive. I can't stand several people talking at the same time or very loud noises. I've noticed that I'm a lot more sensitive to sounds than other people I know and they always get quite confused when I point out a sound that distracts me because they probably didn't mind or even notice it. Alarm clocks are the worst.
But at the same time I'm really good at remembering stuff that I've heard which is quite nice.

Another way in which it shows on me is that I'm really clumsy and not very skilled when it comes to working with my hands on finer stuff, like sewing. Sometimes I'm impressed by how I'm able to draw.
a9b72e-1548650070.png
@tessiursa Everything sounds louder to me than to other people. Also the hating the sound of coughing sounds like misophonia ("selective sound sensitivity" or "hatred of sound", where you get annoyed by harmless noises that are considered normal). I have misophonia and get annoyed by the sounds of coughing, sniffing, etc.
@tessiursa Everything sounds louder to me than to other people. Also the hating the sound of coughing sounds like misophonia ("selective sound sensitivity" or "hatred of sound", where you get annoyed by harmless noises that are considered normal). I have misophonia and get annoyed by the sounds of coughing, sniffing, etc.
my colors!
my cool ids interest check
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10