Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hardest Boss in a Video Game?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Okay, I haven't actually played this game, but have seen my older sister play it. But I've got to say Chang from Grandia is a damn NIGHTMARE.
Okay, I haven't actually played this game, but have seen my older sister play it. But I've got to say Chang from Grandia is a damn NIGHTMARE.
27493.png Johnny
He/Him
FR +2
if
youre
reading
this
youre
gay
lol
21403.png
I finally beat Jade Face (not gonna use their real name because spoilers) in Xenoblade Chronicles and wow. WOW. That was a really intense fight. I think it was about my 40th attempt? I tried every strategy and ended up just having to use brute force in the end. Because that's how a good RPG works! Strategy? Planning? Nah son just hit him with your biggest guns

The worst part is that he can summon these little drones that not only have really high defenses, but they can force you to lock on and only target them. When you're fighting a boss who has high-damage attacks that can hit your entire party... yeah, that's not fun. What makes matters worse is that the AI controlling your other party members ranges from very smart to "lol how do i heal tho" and there were a few runs where I got super close to finishing him off, only to have a party member do something ridiculously counterproductive and cause us to get annihilated.

Oh, and then the boss you fight right afterwards is laughably easy in comparison.

i still love this game tho
I finally beat Jade Face (not gonna use their real name because spoilers) in Xenoblade Chronicles and wow. WOW. That was a really intense fight. I think it was about my 40th attempt? I tried every strategy and ended up just having to use brute force in the end. Because that's how a good RPG works! Strategy? Planning? Nah son just hit him with your biggest guns

The worst part is that he can summon these little drones that not only have really high defenses, but they can force you to lock on and only target them. When you're fighting a boss who has high-damage attacks that can hit your entire party... yeah, that's not fun. What makes matters worse is that the AI controlling your other party members ranges from very smart to "lol how do i heal tho" and there were a few runs where I got super close to finishing him off, only to have a party member do something ridiculously counterproductive and cause us to get annihilated.

Oh, and then the boss you fight right afterwards is laughably easy in comparison.

i still love this game tho
XLjWLlD.png quinn | they/them | esports enthusiast | sig art by Rhea
The hardest boss I've ever faced off against is the SA-X from Metroid Fusion. *shudders* I still haven't beaten it. I can speed through the game with no trouble at all until that last SA-X showdown. It doesn't help that the entire game gets my heart pounding because of that stupid boss. ARGH.

When I was a kid, Whitney and her Miltank in Gen II Pokemon was THE single hardest boss ever. I hated that Miltank for years. I still sort of hate it, even now that I can beat it easily. Hate. Haaate.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Alpha from Mega Man (Battle Network 3) was also incredibly tough when I was younger, if I remember correctly. I think I only did beat that once.
The hardest boss I've ever faced off against is the SA-X from Metroid Fusion. *shudders* I still haven't beaten it. I can speed through the game with no trouble at all until that last SA-X showdown. It doesn't help that the entire game gets my heart pounding because of that stupid boss. ARGH.

When I was a kid, Whitney and her Miltank in Gen II Pokemon was THE single hardest boss ever. I hated that Miltank for years. I still sort of hate it, even now that I can beat it easily. Hate. Haaate.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Alpha from Mega Man (Battle Network 3) was also incredibly tough when I was younger, if I remember correctly. I think I only did beat that once.
*shudders*

...the undead king (3rd boss) in etrian odyssey 5
*shudders*

...the undead king (3rd boss) in etrian odyssey 5

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
@CosmicTrash I was seriously considering lowering the difficulty during that fight, I was so mad. I nearly cried with relief when I finally beat him XD

I also hated fighting Asura in Strange Journey. **** Asura Roga and my lack of ability to remeber to remove most of my demons.
@CosmicTrash I was seriously considering lowering the difficulty during that fight, I was so mad. I nearly cried with relief when I finally beat him XD

I also hated fighting Asura in Strange Journey. **** Asura Roga and my lack of ability to remeber to remove most of my demons.
h1d7LhT.png
The hardest boss I've ever beaten was the final boss from Pikmin 2, the Titan Dweevil. It took me around 30 minutes, and I barely beat it with only 13 pikmin left out of 100. I was so sad the first time I beat it too because the treasures it drops require 20 pikmin, so I had to leave every single treasure it dropped.

The hardest boss that I've never beaten is Dr. Khal's Robot from Cuphead. Before him I had made my way through the other bosses and levels with around 1,600 deaths. It took me about 70 tries with him before I gave up. It's left me feeling bittersweet whenever I think about the game now, because on one hand its beautiful, but on the other I'll never beat it thanks to him.
The hardest boss I've ever beaten was the final boss from Pikmin 2, the Titan Dweevil. It took me around 30 minutes, and I barely beat it with only 13 pikmin left out of 100. I was so sad the first time I beat it too because the treasures it drops require 20 pikmin, so I had to leave every single treasure it dropped.

The hardest boss that I've never beaten is Dr. Khal's Robot from Cuphead. Before him I had made my way through the other bosses and levels with around 1,600 deaths. It took me about 70 tries with him before I gave up. It's left me feeling bittersweet whenever I think about the game now, because on one hand its beautiful, but on the other I'll never beat it thanks to him.
New to Forums
I HAVE FOUND A HARDER BOSS. (from disgaea 5)

demon. general. bloodis.
I HAVE FOUND A HARDER BOSS. (from disgaea 5)

demon. general. bloodis.

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
(Oh wow this is an old thread!)

For me, it was the Orphan of Kos...ugh, just super aggressive and that lightning AoE attack is just awful. His second stage is just a nightmare too, he took me 18 tries to finally take him down (hes from Bloodborne, made same people who made Dark Souls if that makes sense). Right now I'm fighting Midir in DS3 and his health pool is ridiculous, I've gotten him down really close but I always run out of Estus at the last minute. I think another very hard boss for me was Sister Friede and Father Ariendel simply because its a 3 stage boss fight with 3 different health bars :') They didn't take me too terribly long but dang it was a rough fight because of how long it was.
(Oh wow this is an old thread!)

For me, it was the Orphan of Kos...ugh, just super aggressive and that lightning AoE attack is just awful. His second stage is just a nightmare too, he took me 18 tries to finally take him down (hes from Bloodborne, made same people who made Dark Souls if that makes sense). Right now I'm fighting Midir in DS3 and his health pool is ridiculous, I've gotten him down really close but I always run out of Estus at the last minute. I think another very hard boss for me was Sister Friede and Father Ariendel simply because its a 3 stage boss fight with 3 different health bars :') They didn't take me too terribly long but dang it was a rough fight because of how long it was.
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
1. OP Sentinel (Borderlands TPS) is so hard to fight. Especially because he keeps coming back.
2. BNK3R (Borderlands 2) also ridiculous to fight. It keeps flying away before bombarding you with aerial attacks.
3. Photoshop Flowey. That nightmare can go to hell.
1. OP Sentinel (Borderlands TPS) is so hard to fight. Especially because he keeps coming back.
2. BNK3R (Borderlands 2) also ridiculous to fight. It keeps flying away before bombarding you with aerial attacks.
3. Photoshop Flowey. That nightmare can go to hell.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@avantgardevoir
The Hardest Bosses that ever faced were Caroline and Justine in Persona 5 They are Secret Bosses. You have a turn limit and you have to defect them in the same time in the same turn or the one still alive will revive the other they are really hard. Beating them was so satisfying^^.
@avantgardevoir
The Hardest Bosses that ever faced were Caroline and Justine in Persona 5 They are Secret Bosses. You have a turn limit and you have to defect them in the same time in the same turn or the one still alive will revive the other they are really hard. Beating them was so satisfying^^.
ZPHN6ju.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13