Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | mosquito bites help
1 2
Every year I get THE WORST mosquito bites and I think this is the worst. It's not the most (40) but they are VERY LARGE (bigger than usual 2 day old bites) and they're keeping me up at night. I tried to sleep a half hour ago but I spent more time tossing and turning until I finally got up and ended up spending 5 minutes slathering anti-itch cream on my bites and it's not working as well as it usually does AND it's super uncomfortable. Does anyone know anything that works to get the itching to go away? ): I would really like it if I could go to school on Wednesday without all my teachers having to see me itching bites subconsciously on the first day...
Every year I get THE WORST mosquito bites and I think this is the worst. It's not the most (40) but they are VERY LARGE (bigger than usual 2 day old bites) and they're keeping me up at night. I tried to sleep a half hour ago but I spent more time tossing and turning until I finally got up and ended up spending 5 minutes slathering anti-itch cream on my bites and it's not working as well as it usually does AND it's super uncomfortable. Does anyone know anything that works to get the itching to go away? ): I would really like it if I could go to school on Wednesday without all my teachers having to see me itching bites subconsciously on the first day...
80317408_UZf74sDKxq5dAIU.png ___
hey i'm lee
he/him | 24 | fr+0

art | skins | about

tblr
| twt | yt
@spookyDiNGO
Wipe down your body with antiseptic witch hazel. I hope that can help! If not, dab some tea tree oil on the area of the bite.
@spookyDiNGO
Wipe down your body with antiseptic witch hazel. I hope that can help! If not, dab some tea tree oil on the area of the bite.
DuLvCwY.png
@spookyDiNGO
I heard that applying vinegar helps. I'm not sure, but I think it was most effective when the bites are fairly new... So it might not help too much. Still worth a try?
@spookyDiNGO
I heard that applying vinegar helps. I'm not sure, but I think it was most effective when the bites are fairly new... So it might not help too much. Still worth a try?
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
@SpookyDiNGO

Try making an X on the mosquito bite,
@SpookyDiNGO

Try making an X on the mosquito bite,
nMFIkFl.jpeg
@spookyDiNGO
Whenever I have a mosquito bite I pour some vinegar onto a cotton ball and hold it over the bite until the itching stops. It should take down the swelling as well, so it will be like you were never bitten! I've used the vinegar on older bites and newer ones and its always worked pretty well for me.
I hope you find a solution for you itching.
@spookyDiNGO
Whenever I have a mosquito bite I pour some vinegar onto a cotton ball and hold it over the bite until the itching stops. It should take down the swelling as well, so it will be like you were never bitten! I've used the vinegar on older bites and newer ones and its always worked pretty well for me.
I hope you find a solution for you itching.
Rubbing alcohol also helps, but again, it's best if you use it early. To help prevent them, I recommend going out and getting some citronella candles, they've actually worked really well at keeping away the mosquitoes, in my experience!
Rubbing alcohol also helps, but again, it's best if you use it early. To help prevent them, I recommend going out and getting some citronella candles, they've actually worked really well at keeping away the mosquitoes, in my experience!
Occasional buyer of unwanted 6-digit dragons and old festival everythings.
All of my dragons without familiars are non-permadragons. Message me with an offer if one interests you!
Whatever you do, DON'T scratch off the mosquito bite.

Yes, it does stop the itching, but only until it starts to heal. Then it's like..ten times worse. But before this year I wasn't aware you could actually scratch off a mosquito bite...

The more you know...
Whatever you do, DON'T scratch off the mosquito bite.

Yes, it does stop the itching, but only until it starts to heal. Then it's like..ten times worse. But before this year I wasn't aware you could actually scratch off a mosquito bite...

The more you know...
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@ everyone omg wow responses

Thank you for all the solutions! So basically vinegar or tea tree oil ;0; I definitely have to see if I've got any!
@ everyone omg wow responses

Thank you for all the solutions! So basically vinegar or tea tree oil ;0; I definitely have to see if I've got any!
80317408_UZf74sDKxq5dAIU.png ___
hey i'm lee
he/him | 24 | fr+0

art | skins | about

tblr
| twt | yt
Mitigator Sting and Bite treatment is the BEST stuff in the entire world. It has little bits of sand/scratchy stuff in it, so when you are rubbing it on the bug bites, it's simultaneously scratching it. You keep applying it until it no longer itches, and when it stops, it actually stops. It's my favorite invention in the entire world :D
Mitigator Sting and Bite treatment is the BEST stuff in the entire world. It has little bits of sand/scratchy stuff in it, so when you are rubbing it on the bug bites, it's simultaneously scratching it. You keep applying it until it no longer itches, and when it stops, it actually stops. It's my favorite invention in the entire world :D
The best stuff for bites in my opinion that I learned from my Filipino mother is VICKS vapo-rub, the menthol grease. Works like a charm, may need to be applied a few times but when it's gone it's GONE.
The best stuff for bites in my opinion that I learned from my Filipino mother is VICKS vapo-rub, the menthol grease. Works like a charm, may need to be applied a few times but when it's gone it's GONE.
TpO8tYR.png912ee11232d0_kamikaze1.pngDgJuZtv.pngDmRdZYl.png
1 2