Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What comforts you?
1 2 3 4 5
tbh when I'm feeling anxious, angry or sad, I tend to lay down and think about my favorite characters. Whether they're my own original ones or ones from a game, thinking about them somehow helps.
Thinking about my favorite pairs being together, thinking about characters I strongly identify with in happy scenarios, coming up with new ideas for my own characters...sometimes, I even like to imagine going on adventures with these characters. It cheers me up.
Music also helps a lot, especially if they're really happy songs.
And if I'm feeling especially upset/angry, I have a tendency to draw gore. I like gory things, so that usually helps me calm down, too.

Sometimes, my cat will come into my room and rub up to me, and I like to cuddle with her when she does. She seems to get more affectionate when I'm not feeling well, heh...
tbh when I'm feeling anxious, angry or sad, I tend to lay down and think about my favorite characters. Whether they're my own original ones or ones from a game, thinking about them somehow helps.
Thinking about my favorite pairs being together, thinking about characters I strongly identify with in happy scenarios, coming up with new ideas for my own characters...sometimes, I even like to imagine going on adventures with these characters. It cheers me up.
Music also helps a lot, especially if they're really happy songs.
And if I'm feeling especially upset/angry, I have a tendency to draw gore. I like gory things, so that usually helps me calm down, too.

Sometimes, my cat will come into my room and rub up to me, and I like to cuddle with her when she does. She seems to get more affectionate when I'm not feeling well, heh...
SbvRDbG.gif
snuggling with lots of blankets and a stuffed toy. when i'm cocooned in blankets i feel safe and happy and relaxed. and also a bit sleepy.
snuggling with lots of blankets and a stuffed toy. when i'm cocooned in blankets i feel safe and happy and relaxed. and also a bit sleepy.
MkrY.png
When I'm in public, I tend to shy away and possible use my prescribed medication.

At home, I lay around and listen to music (Motion City Soundtrack ftw) or maybe watch some Youtube videos, or read Johnlock or Drarry fan fiction. I love reading about my angsty lovin' otps.
When I'm in public, I tend to shy away and possible use my prescribed medication.

At home, I lay around and listen to music (Motion City Soundtrack ftw) or maybe watch some Youtube videos, or read Johnlock or Drarry fan fiction. I love reading about my angsty lovin' otps.
Usually when I'm utterly upset it comes from loneliness, so I go talk to family, or I take a walk, or I bother my friends. Showers help. Definitely youtube, for some reason MC mod reviews just relax me, also all the girl mc players just
Usually when I'm utterly upset it comes from loneliness, so I go talk to family, or I take a walk, or I bother my friends. Showers help. Definitely youtube, for some reason MC mod reviews just relax me, also all the girl mc players just
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
Well, when I'm feeling down enough.. I hug myself, and speak to myself something along the lines of, "even if nobody else loves you now, I always do, so please don't worry." Then I take comfort in relating back to this imaginary clone I just made of myself because, psh, it's obviously worrying as well. You know the feeling when you're in a bad situation and you find out someone else is going through the same - relieved, but guilty? Yeah, that's the feeling, but without the guilt.

Other than that, I really like to drink thick-consistency beverages slowly through straws. That comforts me.
Well, when I'm feeling down enough.. I hug myself, and speak to myself something along the lines of, "even if nobody else loves you now, I always do, so please don't worry." Then I take comfort in relating back to this imaginary clone I just made of myself because, psh, it's obviously worrying as well. You know the feeling when you're in a bad situation and you find out someone else is going through the same - relieved, but guilty? Yeah, that's the feeling, but without the guilt.

Other than that, I really like to drink thick-consistency beverages slowly through straws. That comforts me.
It depends on what's bothering me, but I have a few go-to things. I'll listen to podcasts or music that I find calming. The podcasts are especially for when I'm trying to get to sleep. I listen to ones I've heard a bunch of times before, so I don't get invested in them or decide I really want to stay up and listen. I also crochet, just to have something to do with my hands. I have other things for that purpose - coloring books, paints, notebooks to write in. I like to cook, and when I'm upset about something, I'll go into the kitchen and bake something. There's also internet, TV, movies... I have a few comfort movies or shows that I watch.
It depends on what's bothering me, but I have a few go-to things. I'll listen to podcasts or music that I find calming. The podcasts are especially for when I'm trying to get to sleep. I listen to ones I've heard a bunch of times before, so I don't get invested in them or decide I really want to stay up and listen. I also crochet, just to have something to do with my hands. I have other things for that purpose - coloring books, paints, notebooks to write in. I like to cook, and when I'm upset about something, I'll go into the kitchen and bake something. There's also internet, TV, movies... I have a few comfort movies or shows that I watch.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
I think reading romance novels, watching television series and listening to music especially by the xx comforts me :D
I think reading romance novels, watching television series and listening to music especially by the xx comforts me :D
S9foAWY.gif
I sit in my room and pretend to sleep, then I go out and play Okami. I get caught in the game and forget whatever was bothering me.
I sit in my room and pretend to sleep, then I go out and play Okami. I get caught in the game and forget whatever was bothering me.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
Wrapping myself in blankets is the best. Which has been a problem recently, when the hot weather's been the thing stressing me : /

Other than that, comedies and cute TV shows.
Wrapping myself in blankets is the best. Which has been a problem recently, when the hot weather's been the thing stressing me : /

Other than that, comedies and cute TV shows.
Stuffed Mith Craft Creature Exotic Arcanist Idol Flowering Vulpine Plushie Kelp Tender Plush
Usually classical music or ballad-y classic rock, watching sitcoms on television (mostly How I Met Your Mother reruns), or playing with my pet parrots. Parrots are adorable when they actually let you pet them.
Usually classical music or ballad-y classic rock, watching sitcoms on television (mostly How I Met Your Mother reruns), or playing with my pet parrots. Parrots are adorable when they actually let you pet them.
1 2 3 4 5