Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bands!
1 2 3 4
Oh god, I found people I could relate to.... Let's see...

@Skwisgaar
I will admit, the only band I recognized was Children of Bodom (which I find amusing due to a recent song I listened to). But I'm going to check the other bands out.

@OFF
Hammerfall and Tyr fan here. Out of curiousity, do you have issues with some of Tyr's songs getting stuck in your mind?

@Wolfalisk
I'll admit, I like Tarja and Floor (especially Floor), and I'll agree with you that Annette's voice didn't always mesh with the subjects of the songs, with a couple of exceptions.

@ObsidianSand
Rammstein is awesome, and I've heard Alice in Chains was also supposed to be great. What would you recommend for a first-time listener?

@Nekron
I had a huge grin when I saw Rhapsody in your post, and I may have been jumping up and down when I saw Falconer. Which albums by the latter do you listen to?

As for what I listen to, it's mostly power metal and symphonic metal. Kamelot, Epica, DragonForce (don't kill me), Warcry, Dark Moor; I also listen to some older stuff, like Iron Maiden, due to my dad's influence.
Oh god, I found people I could relate to.... Let's see...

@Skwisgaar
I will admit, the only band I recognized was Children of Bodom (which I find amusing due to a recent song I listened to). But I'm going to check the other bands out.

@OFF
Hammerfall and Tyr fan here. Out of curiousity, do you have issues with some of Tyr's songs getting stuck in your mind?

@Wolfalisk
I'll admit, I like Tarja and Floor (especially Floor), and I'll agree with you that Annette's voice didn't always mesh with the subjects of the songs, with a couple of exceptions.

@ObsidianSand
Rammstein is awesome, and I've heard Alice in Chains was also supposed to be great. What would you recommend for a first-time listener?

@Nekron
I had a huge grin when I saw Rhapsody in your post, and I may have been jumping up and down when I saw Falconer. Which albums by the latter do you listen to?

As for what I listen to, it's mostly power metal and symphonic metal. Kamelot, Epica, DragonForce (don't kill me), Warcry, Dark Moor; I also listen to some older stuff, like Iron Maiden, due to my dad's influence.
yjJhTxB.pngdeepsea_sword.png
@ObsidianSand @OFF
How much would you hate me if I said I've seen Gorillaz live in concert? *Dodges flying bricks* Gorillaz is seriously my favorite band ever. I grew up with them, and have never stopped loving them. I have song lyrics tattooed on my back, and am planning more around my ankle. I have more merchandise than I can count, including a lot of really rare and hard to find stuff that I obsessively tracked down ._.

Other bands I love, include Daft Punk, Steam Powered Giraffe, Studio Killers, Metro Station, etc. I listen to a lot of dance/club/electronic type stuff these days. Anything with a good beat.
@ObsidianSand @OFF
How much would you hate me if I said I've seen Gorillaz live in concert? *Dodges flying bricks* Gorillaz is seriously my favorite band ever. I grew up with them, and have never stopped loving them. I have song lyrics tattooed on my back, and am planning more around my ankle. I have more merchandise than I can count, including a lot of really rare and hard to find stuff that I obsessively tracked down ._.

Other bands I love, include Daft Punk, Steam Powered Giraffe, Studio Killers, Metro Station, etc. I listen to a lot of dance/club/electronic type stuff these days. Anything with a good beat.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
@roseraven
uhm, all the time! hahah :^)

@Velg
OH MY GOD YOU HWAT
SERIOUSLY
OMG
NO FAIR
I CAN'T
they're the only band I'd really DIE to see ;____; (jealous 5ever)
I have a lot of merch too haha, what are the lyrics? I'd love to get a Gorillaz themed tattoo someday :'-D
@roseraven
uhm, all the time! hahah :^)

@Velg
OH MY GOD YOU HWAT
SERIOUSLY
OMG
NO FAIR
I CAN'T
they're the only band I'd really DIE to see ;____; (jealous 5ever)
I have a lot of merch too haha, what are the lyrics? I'd love to get a Gorillaz themed tattoo someday :'-D
_______ sxMU55W.png ___
off. | she - her | fr +2
search for a place to rest old bones

VIOLENT DELIGHTS HAVE VIOLENT ENDS
I listen mostly to rock/metal, and when i'm not, I mostly listen to whatever tickles me fancy :,D

My favourite bands/singers include Iron Maiden/Bruce Dickinson, Motorhead (both seen live oH GOD) Rammstein (it got me into this kind of music...), Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Queen (born to a diehard fan mother...), Judas Priest/Rob Halford, Rob Zombie, King Diamond, TON, Ghost BC, Candlemass/Messiah Marcolin... i could list for hours...

my male guard is named after King Diamond's exdrummer well
I listen mostly to rock/metal, and when i'm not, I mostly listen to whatever tickles me fancy :,D

My favourite bands/singers include Iron Maiden/Bruce Dickinson, Motorhead (both seen live oH GOD) Rammstein (it got me into this kind of music...), Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Queen (born to a diehard fan mother...), Judas Priest/Rob Halford, Rob Zombie, King Diamond, TON, Ghost BC, Candlemass/Messiah Marcolin... i could list for hours...

my male guard is named after King Diamond's exdrummer well
hP3vDfK.gif
@roseraven No words can do justice to my pure love of Rhapsody. And as for Falconer, I in fact like almost all their stuff, even the controversial Kristoffer Gobel era. Lots of people rail against the Sceptre of Deception and more commonly Grime vs Grandeur but I think quite a few songs on those albums are really solid, it's definitely different but a different kind of good. Overall, it's really tough to pick a favorite but I would either go with Northwind or Chapters From a Vale Forlorn. Kristoffer's vocals are good and energetic but of course you just can't compare them to the stunning beauty of Matthias' voice. Among Beggars and Thieves has a lot of really good songs, too... You know what, I'm just going to go ahead and say that I love at least a few songs from every album.

The only thing is that I am having difficulty getting into Armod. I am the holder of an unpopular opinion - or just an uncommon taste, I guess - I really don't like female vocals in metal, unless it's choir or backing of some sort or very brief... Matthias' sister is a good singer, but I don't like it on principle, I guess. There were songs with her vocals in Among Beggars and Thieves, but it was only a couple. But yeah, despite how long Armod has been out, I have only given it a cursory listen and haven't really come back to it.

I also have not yet listened to Black Moon Rising. I am slow to get around to things. But that will happen soon, hehe. I have been hearing that it's good.
@roseraven No words can do justice to my pure love of Rhapsody. And as for Falconer, I in fact like almost all their stuff, even the controversial Kristoffer Gobel era. Lots of people rail against the Sceptre of Deception and more commonly Grime vs Grandeur but I think quite a few songs on those albums are really solid, it's definitely different but a different kind of good. Overall, it's really tough to pick a favorite but I would either go with Northwind or Chapters From a Vale Forlorn. Kristoffer's vocals are good and energetic but of course you just can't compare them to the stunning beauty of Matthias' voice. Among Beggars and Thieves has a lot of really good songs, too... You know what, I'm just going to go ahead and say that I love at least a few songs from every album.

The only thing is that I am having difficulty getting into Armod. I am the holder of an unpopular opinion - or just an uncommon taste, I guess - I really don't like female vocals in metal, unless it's choir or backing of some sort or very brief... Matthias' sister is a good singer, but I don't like it on principle, I guess. There were songs with her vocals in Among Beggars and Thieves, but it was only a couple. But yeah, despite how long Armod has been out, I have only given it a cursory listen and haven't really come back to it.

I also have not yet listened to Black Moon Rising. I am slow to get around to things. But that will happen soon, hehe. I have been hearing that it's good.
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.
@AlwaysFlying PIERCE THE VEIL ASDFGHJKL

anyways i like quite a few bands, here goes...
One Direction (saw them in June), Union J (met them last september and saw them live in december), ROOM 94 (seen them live twice, met them twice), Bring Me The Horizon (SEEING THEM IN DECEMEBER ASDFGHJKL), Sleeping With Sirens, Twin Atlantic, Pierce The Veil, Nirvana, Green Day (Tré's my bae), My Chemical Romance (cri cri), Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, A Day To Remember, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Black Veil Brides (Andy i die), Symmetry, Blink-182, Suicide Silence, Of Mice And Men, Queen, Panic! At The Disco (oh, well imagine...), Asking Alexandria, Memphis May Fire, You Me At Six, Paramore, Little Mix, Mayday Parade, Miss May I, Take That, Kingsland Road, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Arctic Monkeys, Kodaline, Avenged Sevenfold, Blur, Muse, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Ramones, The 1975, Bullet For My Valentine, The Fray, Gorillaz, Kings Of Leon, Linkin Park, Lawson, McFly, Busted, Plain White T's and Issues

there's probably tons I missed out but there ya go

my favs are probably Green Day, I've liked them since I was 6, My Chemical Romance (don't even, I still cry), Nirvana and Bring Me The Horizon
@AlwaysFlying PIERCE THE VEIL ASDFGHJKL

anyways i like quite a few bands, here goes...
One Direction (saw them in June), Union J (met them last september and saw them live in december), ROOM 94 (seen them live twice, met them twice), Bring Me The Horizon (SEEING THEM IN DECEMEBER ASDFGHJKL), Sleeping With Sirens, Twin Atlantic, Pierce The Veil, Nirvana, Green Day (Tré's my bae), My Chemical Romance (cri cri), Biffy Clyro, Foo Fighters, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, A Day To Remember, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Black Veil Brides (Andy i die), Symmetry, Blink-182, Suicide Silence, Of Mice And Men, Queen, Panic! At The Disco (oh, well imagine...), Asking Alexandria, Memphis May Fire, You Me At Six, Paramore, Little Mix, Mayday Parade, Miss May I, Take That, Kingsland Road, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Arctic Monkeys, Kodaline, Avenged Sevenfold, Blur, Muse, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Ramones, The 1975, Bullet For My Valentine, The Fray, Gorillaz, Kings Of Leon, Linkin Park, Lawson, McFly, Busted, Plain White T's and Issues

there's probably tons I missed out but there ya go

my favs are probably Green Day, I've liked them since I was 6, My Chemical Romance (don't even, I still cry), Nirvana and Bring Me The Horizon
tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif Kf3Sukm.gif tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif
+8hr FR time
I mostly listen to metal. Some of my favorites are Tyr, Turisas, Eluveitie, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Ensiferum, and Amon Amarth. Also, Black Sabbath, Nile, Arch Enemy, Arkona, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, and Nightwish.

As for non-metal, I sometimes listen to Blink 182, The Offspring, Green Day, Coheed & Cambria, Abba, Rise Against, My Chemical Romance, NOFX, Muse, and HIM. Which is like everything I listened to as a kid.
I mostly listen to metal. Some of my favorites are Tyr, Turisas, Eluveitie, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Ensiferum, and Amon Amarth. Also, Black Sabbath, Nile, Arch Enemy, Arkona, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, and Nightwish.

As for non-metal, I sometimes listen to Blink 182, The Offspring, Green Day, Coheed & Cambria, Abba, Rise Against, My Chemical Romance, NOFX, Muse, and HIM. Which is like everything I listened to as a kid.
@JennaQuinn
WAIT WAIT.
All Time Low, Black Veil Brides, Of Mice And Men, and your seeing Bring Me The Horizon Take me with you!!!
@JennaQuinn
WAIT WAIT.
All Time Low, Black Veil Brides, Of Mice And Men, and your seeing Bring Me The Horizon Take me with you!!!
@AlwaysFlying I actually have a spare ticket, aha! omg theyre my life
@AlwaysFlying I actually have a spare ticket, aha! omg theyre my life
tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif Kf3Sukm.gif tumblr_nm1t6r4Sr81tfzajgo1_75sq.gif
+8hr FR time
@JennaQuinn
Lol! I know how you feel! They're awesome xD
@JennaQuinn
Lol! I know how you feel! They're awesome xD
1 2 3 4