Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Pokemon shiny hunters out there?
@Howlingwolf
Oh how I wish I had that o-power. Might help my life a little bit. Cuz I gotta say, I'm getting bored of trying to get this shiny lol

@SaturnsSenshi
Ah yes....the good ol' pokedex completion. Gonna throw it out there, but in terms of any random pokemon you don't have, the GTS will be your best friend. It's astonishing what you can get from that thing.
@Howlingwolf
Oh how I wish I had that o-power. Might help my life a little bit. Cuz I gotta say, I'm getting bored of trying to get this shiny lol

@SaturnsSenshi
Ah yes....the good ol' pokedex completion. Gonna throw it out there, but in terms of any random pokemon you don't have, the GTS will be your best friend. It's astonishing what you can get from that thing.
I've been trying to get a shiny Mawile off and on for a while now. Its slow going, but hopefully I can hatch one before ORAS launches. Speaking of the Matsuda method, I once one shotted a Belsprout completing my pokedex. It took me months to realize it was shiny and I have never been so angry.
I've been trying to get a shiny Mawile off and on for a while now. Its slow going, but hopefully I can hatch one before ORAS launches. Speaking of the Matsuda method, I once one shotted a Belsprout completing my pokedex. It took me months to realize it was shiny and I have never been so angry.
tumblr_inline_n71bciaF561r0hd3p.png
@OMGmusicals
Oh geez the pokeradar. I hate that thing with a passion. I mean I know there's a trick to it and everything, but I can't for the life of me get it to work for the full forty needed for the shiny patch. Needless to say, I've given up on that.
@OMGmusicals
Oh geez the pokeradar. I hate that thing with a passion. I mean I know there's a trick to it and everything, but I can't for the life of me get it to work for the full forty needed for the shiny patch. Needless to say, I've given up on that.
@Osirilen

I use that occasionally.
@Osirilen

I use that occasionally.
Dunno what to put here yet.
ePOliyb.pngNQ1Ze0S.pnggYW0j5f.png
mTAp2ld.pngKGrwaQg.pngZTPpQYU.png
tyEuRXe.pngtCsqc24.pngnWiQNX9.png
kCHWEjf.pngaUzL2Bv.pngmlHpBMC.png
1llHbd9.png8GgdVkW.pngJd88XNq.png
@OMGmusicals Oh no!! I'm sorry!! I commend anyone who is able to use the radar. I am AWFUL at it and can't use it for the life of me! I usually default to my beloved breeding. I believe all who haven't seen this must do so, so here it is: [quote][i]"breeding for a shiny like"[/i] [img]http://media.tumblr.com/8def2e14e1188dd97a3fbc81475a8a1c/tumblr_inline_n7agtiRjHL1qdr7gc.png[/img] [url=http://primalooze.tumblr.com/post/89011364524](source)[/url][/quote]
@OMGmusicals Oh no!! I'm sorry!! I commend anyone who is able to use the radar. I am AWFUL at it and can't use it for the life of me! I usually default to my beloved breeding.

I believe all who haven't seen this must do so, so here it is:
Quote:
"breeding for a shiny like"
tumblr_inline_n7agtiRjHL1qdr7gc.png
(source)
tXKbExw.png
@Osirilen I like to help out, want to friend each other so I can give it to you when you are online? I'm going to be at work for another hour, so I probably won't be playing until around 21:30 (site time).

@timesnine SHINIES THAT HAVE A SLIGHT COLOR CHANGE ARE HELL SPAWN! I have had that happen to me WAY too many times to appreciate. >:[
@Osirilen I like to help out, want to friend each other so I can give it to you when you are online? I'm going to be at work for another hour, so I probably won't be playing until around 21:30 (site time).

@timesnine SHINIES THAT HAVE A SLIGHT COLOR CHANGE ARE HELL SPAWN! I have had that happen to me WAY too many times to appreciate. >:[
tXKbExw.png
@Howlingwolf @Osirilen
It's actually not too bad. From what I can remember all you really have to do it make sure the shaking patch is so many steps away. I honestly can't remember what, but if it was like, say, six steps away, you were pretty much guaranteed to get a chain going. I kind of want to go back and try again.

It doesn't really work well in areas with more than three pokemon though? I think? Which is why I was trying to get a starly lol
@Howlingwolf @Osirilen
It's actually not too bad. From what I can remember all you really have to do it make sure the shaking patch is so many steps away. I honestly can't remember what, but if it was like, say, six steps away, you were pretty much guaranteed to get a chain going. I kind of want to go back and try again.

It doesn't really work well in areas with more than three pokemon though? I think? Which is why I was trying to get a starly lol
light_banner.png
@timesnine
I will never get over my Bronzor. I only bred a single one for the sake of the pokedex entry off a Bronzong I got off the GTS. I don't even want a Bronzor, I just needed the shiny charm to make my life easier getting the shiny Charmander I was looking for. Sucker pops out......it's shiny.
@timesnine
I will never get over my Bronzor. I only bred a single one for the sake of the pokedex entry off a Bronzong I got off the GTS. I don't even want a Bronzor, I just needed the shiny charm to make my life easier getting the shiny Charmander I was looking for. Sucker pops out......it's shiny.
@OMGmusicals Don't you have to make sure it's not on the edge of the grass, or next to another shaking patch, etc, etc? I had such a tough time remembering without a guide in front of me XD
@OMGmusicals Don't you have to make sure it's not on the edge of the grass, or next to another shaking patch, etc, etc? I had such a tough time remembering without a guide in front of me XD
tXKbExw.png
@Osirilen Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss (or in this case, gain). That's a kick in the pokeballs for sure. How far on Charmander are you?
@Osirilen Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss (or in this case, gain). That's a kick in the pokeballs for sure. How far on Charmander are you?
tXKbExw.png