Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tumblr is awful
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Zrcalo

Exactly how I feel.
Nothing good spawns from hate, and the only way to get it to stop is to practice full on tolerance and acceptance.
@Zrcalo

Exactly how I feel.
Nothing good spawns from hate, and the only way to get it to stop is to practice full on tolerance and acceptance.
diggaaa2smallfr_by_spikeheila-d7lbz8w.gif
@Amalryk

the funny thing about that is

people say 'they're just words'

'it's just a joke'

'it's just a phrase'

'lighten up'

'stop bein so sensitive'

but these are words + phrases + jokes that have been used to dehumanize + bully me so ??? No

no i won't

@Zrcalo

except that labels make some people feel a little better about themselves

4 instance, i have identity issues

i struggle to maintain a stable identity

so i use a lot of labels to describe myself, collect a lot of likes + dislikes + hope smth Good comes out of it

i use labels so that don't i have to be like everybody else

because i don't wanna be everybody else, i wanna be me
@Amalryk

the funny thing about that is

people say 'they're just words'

'it's just a joke'

'it's just a phrase'

'lighten up'

'stop bein so sensitive'

but these are words + phrases + jokes that have been used to dehumanize + bully me so ??? No

no i won't

@Zrcalo

except that labels make some people feel a little better about themselves

4 instance, i have identity issues

i struggle to maintain a stable identity

so i use a lot of labels to describe myself, collect a lot of likes + dislikes + hope smth Good comes out of it

i use labels so that don't i have to be like everybody else

because i don't wanna be everybody else, i wanna be me
ivan, it/he pronouns
@guro

so be upset and angry with the people who did that. talk about it. help other people out of that situation and educate others as to why they shouldnt do that.

dont sit there and be angry that (cis/white/gay/straight/black) people should be avoided and mistrusted because of your experiences.

and I dont even know what you're getting at anymore.
@guro

so be upset and angry with the people who did that. talk about it. help other people out of that situation and educate others as to why they shouldnt do that.

dont sit there and be angry that (cis/white/gay/straight/black) people should be avoided and mistrusted because of your experiences.

and I dont even know what you're getting at anymore.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
Every website has the vocal mob, but they aren't all that's there, just a loud part of it? IDK, don't blame the website, blame the pseudo-cults and doublethink.
no you don't understand there was a girl whos followers were praying to her it was weird
Every website has the vocal mob, but they aren't all that's there, just a loud part of it? IDK, don't blame the website, blame the pseudo-cults and doublethink.
no you don't understand there was a girl whos followers were praying to her it was weird
Fb07OGq.png
fr+7
@vadum
@Ryohei

you keep arguing the same things that I keep answering. you keep using the same arguments against the words I say. stop speaking for me and listen. learn. why do people hate SJW so much. and I want you to think about what you're saying and what I'm saying.

who cares if a word is charged. I'm using the definition. stop throwing the argument out the window. red herring. stop using it in your argument.

also am going to sleep because it is 5am.
@vadum
@Ryohei

you keep arguing the same things that I keep answering. you keep using the same arguments against the words I say. stop speaking for me and listen. learn. why do people hate SJW so much. and I want you to think about what you're saying and what I'm saying.

who cares if a word is charged. I'm using the definition. stop throwing the argument out the window. red herring. stop using it in your argument.

also am going to sleep because it is 5am.
@Zrcalo

that's ok

it doesn't matter to u, but it matters to me specifically

the thing is

when people say things like ur sayin i hear 'stop defending urself, let's all just be people'

no

u can't just shove everything under the rug because it's not Pretty to u
@Zrcalo

that's ok

it doesn't matter to u, but it matters to me specifically

the thing is

when people say things like ur sayin i hear 'stop defending urself, let's all just be people'

no

u can't just shove everything under the rug because it's not Pretty to u
ivan, it/he pronouns
@guro

I want to be treated like a person.

I dont want to live my life defined by my oppressors.

I am on the same level as them. I am human. they are jerks, and I will fight against jerks who are stupid and try to hurt me for who I am.

I'm a freaking dude. and they cant take that away from me.

start fighting against people who harm other people. regardless of who they are. because we are all people, and we need each other.
@guro

I want to be treated like a person.

I dont want to live my life defined by my oppressors.

I am on the same level as them. I am human. they are jerks, and I will fight against jerks who are stupid and try to hurt me for who I am.

I'm a freaking dude. and they cant take that away from me.

start fighting against people who harm other people. regardless of who they are. because we are all people, and we need each other.
@zrcalo

ain't speaking for you (why would i ever want to anyways).

people hate 'sjw' for a variety of reasons. i've seen people justifiably chew out people whose opinions were wrong or misconstrued.
i've also seen the term 'sjw' thrown at anyone who was simply voicing their thoughts as well, and when certain people got uncomfortable that they were being called out they labeled them as 'sjw's to shut them up. 'sjw' seems to be a term that any person on tumblr chucks at a tumblr user with a vocal opinion.

but w/e. i'm going to stop bumping this thread up as clearly there seems to be some lack of communication here.

and btw when you chuck 'people are people' and 'hate breeds hate' out there you're basically invalidating people's experiences when they grow up being oppressed in certain ways and that's not cool.
@zrcalo

ain't speaking for you (why would i ever want to anyways).

people hate 'sjw' for a variety of reasons. i've seen people justifiably chew out people whose opinions were wrong or misconstrued.
i've also seen the term 'sjw' thrown at anyone who was simply voicing their thoughts as well, and when certain people got uncomfortable that they were being called out they labeled them as 'sjw's to shut them up. 'sjw' seems to be a term that any person on tumblr chucks at a tumblr user with a vocal opinion.

but w/e. i'm going to stop bumping this thread up as clearly there seems to be some lack of communication here.

and btw when you chuck 'people are people' and 'hate breeds hate' out there you're basically invalidating people's experiences when they grow up being oppressed in certain ways and that's not cool.
@Zrcalo

except some people don't care about ur hippie crap, lbr

'people are people' ??? wow who knew !!! except the racist old man down the street doesn't care, except my emotionally abusive ableist parents don't care, except the transphobes on tumblr don't care, etc etc etc

+ another thing, actually: there are literal pedophiles + people who romanticize serial killers + people who are openly outspoken about their neo nazism

+ ur criticizing oppressed teenagers

like wow

ur so progressive
@Zrcalo

except some people don't care about ur hippie crap, lbr

'people are people' ??? wow who knew !!! except the racist old man down the street doesn't care, except my emotionally abusive ableist parents don't care, except the transphobes on tumblr don't care, etc etc etc

+ another thing, actually: there are literal pedophiles + people who romanticize serial killers + people who are openly outspoken about their neo nazism

+ ur criticizing oppressed teenagers

like wow

ur so progressive
ivan, it/he pronouns
I can no longer argue with someone who's avatar is wearing a fedora lmao
I can no longer argue with someone who's avatar is wearing a fedora lmao
Ninian_dancer_ring_zpsiy9gxpns.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10