Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tumblr is awful
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Zrcalo" date="2014-06-08 23:55:29"]you assume I am mad and not forthright.[/quote] i would assume the same of someone telling their racist uncle to "stop being so facebook". that said, tumblr is an awful platform for discussion. people have said it's good for cat pictures, though the same could be said of the rest of the internet.
Zrcalo wrote on 2014-06-08 23:55:29:
you assume I am mad and not forthright.

i would assume the same of someone telling their racist uncle to "stop being so facebook".

that said, tumblr is an awful platform for discussion. people have said it's good for cat pictures, though the same could be said of the rest of the internet.
@natata

stop being so facebook.
@natata

stop being so facebook.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
I agree. The insulting thing is that many of them slap the 'social justice' label on it, and think that it will somehow pardon their hypocritical behaviour and the harmful content they are posting / reblogging.
I agree. The insulting thing is that many of them slap the 'social justice' label on it, and think that it will somehow pardon their hypocritical behaviour and the harmful content they are posting / reblogging.
@shiroko

yeah. they hide behind that so they can get away with their hate. They need to really be called out on it.
@shiroko

yeah. they hide behind that so they can get away with their hate. They need to really be called out on it.
maekbabby.pngskinz.pngartbutton.giftumblrbutton.jpgdimensionriders2.png
I have to agree. I've been on tumblr for 3 years now and I'm really tired of all of the extreme "social justicing" people do on tumblr. A good friend of mine doesn't go a day without bringing up sexism in things and it's very annoying. She's been complaining almost nonstop that a female character has shorts. Yes, they're very short shorts but, I don't see what's wrong with them either.
Also her ignorance on how some depressed people just can't 'think happy thoughts' set me off once and she's gotten better about it at least but a majority... wouldn't.

I don't actively participate in it either way. I don't know enough and I'm sure if I asked, I'd be screamed at and that's guaranteed to make me not listen to a single thing the person has to say.

I also hate how the entire site puts female characters, female/female ships, and non-whites on a pedestal. It's uncomfortable. At least that's what I've observed with my friend group. My friend I mentioned before and another just glorify female characters and relationships between two females to the point where it's getting annoying. I don't have a problem with those kinds of ships but, what I do have a problem with is glorifying them as the "best alternative".

I don't have much to say on it overall. I just know I have my little friend group, post block what I don't want to see and get on with my life.
I have to agree. I've been on tumblr for 3 years now and I'm really tired of all of the extreme "social justicing" people do on tumblr. A good friend of mine doesn't go a day without bringing up sexism in things and it's very annoying. She's been complaining almost nonstop that a female character has shorts. Yes, they're very short shorts but, I don't see what's wrong with them either.
Also her ignorance on how some depressed people just can't 'think happy thoughts' set me off once and she's gotten better about it at least but a majority... wouldn't.

I don't actively participate in it either way. I don't know enough and I'm sure if I asked, I'd be screamed at and that's guaranteed to make me not listen to a single thing the person has to say.

I also hate how the entire site puts female characters, female/female ships, and non-whites on a pedestal. It's uncomfortable. At least that's what I've observed with my friend group. My friend I mentioned before and another just glorify female characters and relationships between two females to the point where it's getting annoying. I don't have a problem with those kinds of ships but, what I do have a problem with is glorifying them as the "best alternative".

I don't have much to say on it overall. I just know I have my little friend group, post block what I don't want to see and get on with my life.
5RptKHO.png
[quote]If someone is yelling at you over how oppressed they are and should deserve something from you, that only makes you hate them more. Then you hate them more.[/quote] Actually, I'm capable to taking other people's experiences seriously whether or not they 'yell' about it. People have a right to be angry, especially when it's about how they're being treated as lesser. And what does "deserve something" mean in this case? What is it that people are saying they deserve you think is unreasonable? I really don't understand where you're coming from.
Quote:
If someone is yelling at you over how oppressed they are and should deserve something from you, that only makes you hate them more. Then you hate them more.

Actually, I'm capable to taking other people's experiences seriously whether or not they 'yell' about it. People have a right to be angry, especially when it's about how they're being treated as lesser.

And what does "deserve something" mean in this case? What is it that people are saying they deserve you think is unreasonable? I really don't understand where you're coming from.
479.png"I don't want to set the world on fire~"
Tumblr generally isn't bad, it's no worse than the rest of the internet. Of course, the internet is full of stupid people, and Tumblr's stupid people just happen to take the 'warrior' part of 'sjw' way too seriously.

I generally just stick to one or two tumblrs to follow and ignore anything else.
Tumblr generally isn't bad, it's no worse than the rest of the internet. Of course, the internet is full of stupid people, and Tumblr's stupid people just happen to take the 'warrior' part of 'sjw' way too seriously.

I generally just stick to one or two tumblrs to follow and ignore anything else.
I can't even take Tumblr's social justice side seriously and if anyone's posts make me feel uncomfortable or annoyed, I just unfollow them. I don't really have (or even try to) any "Tumblr friends" except for those who I know outside of Tumblr, and there are plenty of people who run good blogs without extremely stupid drama.
I can't even take Tumblr's social justice side seriously and if anyone's posts make me feel uncomfortable or annoyed, I just unfollow them. I don't really have (or even try to) any "Tumblr friends" except for those who I know outside of Tumblr, and there are plenty of people who run good blogs without extremely stupid drama.
FGddW6r.png
@DiJolie

agreed.
@DiJolie

agreed.
waterb1.png
fr time + 16.5
Huh, yeah, I unfollow people and tumblr saviour anything that makes me feel uncomfortable mercilessly.

It's one thing when people of opressed groups talk about their experiences, and wholly another when people make it so that your problems are legitimate only when someone else is defending them.

I'm a feminist, and I don't want to touch any "gender as a concept is EVIL" (which isn't true and basically invalidates transpeople), "all men should die (lol, yeah), "dressing in a "feminine"/revealing way is your proof of submitting to male supermacy" (uh no, I dress however they want, but it's men's problem if they can't control themselves and not stare, wolf-whistle, grope etc.) with a ten-foot pole.
Huh, yeah, I unfollow people and tumblr saviour anything that makes me feel uncomfortable mercilessly.

It's one thing when people of opressed groups talk about their experiences, and wholly another when people make it so that your problems are legitimate only when someone else is defending them.

I'm a feminist, and I don't want to touch any "gender as a concept is EVIL" (which isn't true and basically invalidates transpeople), "all men should die (lol, yeah), "dressing in a "feminine"/revealing way is your proof of submitting to male supermacy" (uh no, I dress however they want, but it's men's problem if they can't control themselves and not stare, wolf-whistle, grope etc.) with a ten-foot pole.
ZPPY.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10