Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Age
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
So guys Dragon Age: Inquisition will be relaeased this fall, I was wondering what your thoughts are on the game and what we know about it so far
So guys Dragon Age: Inquisition will be relaeased this fall, I was wondering what your thoughts are on the game and what we know about it so far
Some Dergs just want to watch the world burn !
You mean there are people who are NOT fans of Dragon Age?
Folks that are obsessed with DA though? There may be fewer, but I'd definitely be counted among them.

Also, I've been excited about DA:I since last year so I am so beyond hyped. I've been following updates and sneak peeks religiously, and the game play alone looks ABSO-FRAKKING-LUTELY AMAZING!!! I mean, Kossith as a playable race? A ****** HARPOON for the warrior class and fully customizable character/armors? What's not to love?!
The plot for Inquisition is also great from what I've heard. Not only are the details spectacular with the new Frost Engine they've been using, but they also brought back the tactical camera.

My excitement is palpable to say the least.
You mean there are people who are NOT fans of Dragon Age?
Folks that are obsessed with DA though? There may be fewer, but I'd definitely be counted among them.

Also, I've been excited about DA:I since last year so I am so beyond hyped. I've been following updates and sneak peeks religiously, and the game play alone looks ABSO-FRAKKING-LUTELY AMAZING!!! I mean, Kossith as a playable race? A ****** HARPOON for the warrior class and fully customizable character/armors? What's not to love?!
The plot for Inquisition is also great from what I've heard. Not only are the details spectacular with the new Frost Engine they've been using, but they also brought back the tactical camera.

My excitement is palpable to say the least.
212jTTF.jpg
@KingCrowley

Did you see they are apparently revealing all the remaining companions at E3? Plus, maybe we'll get more gameplay footage and not just screenshots. I'm hyped, the combat looks amazing so far. I was a little concerned with the new engine since I believe ut's optimized for first-person shooters, but I think they've made it work.
What kind of Inquisitor are you planning?
@KingCrowley

Did you see they are apparently revealing all the remaining companions at E3? Plus, maybe we'll get more gameplay footage and not just screenshots. I'm hyped, the combat looks amazing so far. I was a little concerned with the new engine since I believe ut's optimized for first-person shooters, but I think they've made it work.
What kind of Inquisitor are you planning?
@ElbowBaggins
I did hear something about that, yes. I'm hoping Cole does become a confirmed companion, especially after reading Dragon Age: Asunder. If he has been confirmed, I haven't heard about it. I have a good hunch that he will play a part in the game though. I'm also curious to see the romance options (I have no shame) and how they're going to go about that, since I heard they're making them a little more complex.
The combat does look amazing, but unfortunately all these great graphics means I'm going to have to borrow someone's computer just to play it since I doubt my little laptop will be able to handle such a large game like that.

Undoubtedly, I'm going to create three characters before even trying to play through the game, but which of the three I'll be playing? Probably a Tal-Vashoth. I can't resist the urge to play one big-horned BAMF on my first run.
I'm thinking of going with a Kossith Warrior, Elf Mage, and Dwarven Rogue. What about you?
@ElbowBaggins
I did hear something about that, yes. I'm hoping Cole does become a confirmed companion, especially after reading Dragon Age: Asunder. If he has been confirmed, I haven't heard about it. I have a good hunch that he will play a part in the game though. I'm also curious to see the romance options (I have no shame) and how they're going to go about that, since I heard they're making them a little more complex.
The combat does look amazing, but unfortunately all these great graphics means I'm going to have to borrow someone's computer just to play it since I doubt my little laptop will be able to handle such a large game like that.

Undoubtedly, I'm going to create three characters before even trying to play through the game, but which of the three I'll be playing? Probably a Tal-Vashoth. I can't resist the urge to play one big-horned BAMF on my first run.
I'm thinking of going with a Kossith Warrior, Elf Mage, and Dwarven Rogue. What about you?
212jTTF.jpg
@KingCrowley

Well, they have confirmed that a character from Asunder would have a large part, but they haven't confirmed who yet. I think it probably is Cole though, I feel like most of the other characters' stories are pretty well wrapped up.
As far as romance goes, I usually just play the game and let the chips fall where they may, but it would be great to know the options. I need to know who I'm at risk of accidently falling in love with so I can accidently fall in love with them, you feel me? Though I worry I'll fall in love with someone unromanceable again (looking at you, Sten).
My laptop recently committed suicide, and took all my save files with it, so I'll have to use my xbox for Inquisition. Ugh I'm still sad about it. So many hours, so many choices, all gone. along with all my music and my movies and lots of fanart and aaaaaaa
I definitely want to play as Tal-Vashoth for my first playthrough, but I haven't decided on a class yet. I'm leaning towards mage, since it ended up my favorite class in the other games, but I may mix it up and go rogue this time.
@KingCrowley

Well, they have confirmed that a character from Asunder would have a large part, but they haven't confirmed who yet. I think it probably is Cole though, I feel like most of the other characters' stories are pretty well wrapped up.
As far as romance goes, I usually just play the game and let the chips fall where they may, but it would be great to know the options. I need to know who I'm at risk of accidently falling in love with so I can accidently fall in love with them, you feel me? Though I worry I'll fall in love with someone unromanceable again (looking at you, Sten).
My laptop recently committed suicide, and took all my save files with it, so I'll have to use my xbox for Inquisition. Ugh I'm still sad about it. So many hours, so many choices, all gone. along with all my music and my movies and lots of fanart and aaaaaaa
I definitely want to play as Tal-Vashoth for my first playthrough, but I haven't decided on a class yet. I'm leaning towards mage, since it ended up my favorite class in the other games, but I may mix it up and go rogue this time.
Did someone say Dragon Age?
My absolute favorite video game series. In fact, I just recently finished re-playing the series for like the fourth time, making my ideal playthrough to import into Inquisition. I'm super excited for E3 and what they're going to reveal, especially as far as companions and romance goes. I need to know more about the people we'll be traveling with in the game.

I'm just gonna jump into the conversation here and say, @ElbowBaggins, didn't they confirm that Cole was going to be in the game? From the picture of everyone at the table in the latest trailer, I've been hearing that one of them is indeed Cole.
Did someone say Dragon Age?
My absolute favorite video game series. In fact, I just recently finished re-playing the series for like the fourth time, making my ideal playthrough to import into Inquisition. I'm super excited for E3 and what they're going to reveal, especially as far as companions and romance goes. I need to know more about the people we'll be traveling with in the game.

I'm just gonna jump into the conversation here and say, @ElbowBaggins, didn't they confirm that Cole was going to be in the game? From the picture of everyone at the table in the latest trailer, I've been hearing that one of them is indeed Cole.
@ElbowBaggins
See, rogue has been my favorite class for the longest time. Before rogue, I was a fan of warriors, mainly because I liked being able to charge into the thick of things and hold my own. Rogue does allow a lot of maneuverability, but there's just something about a Kossith warrior swinging an axe around...
I also have a problem with falling for non-romanceable characters (namely Varric in DA2 and Cullen in DA), so I'd like know ahead of time so I don't complete a good portion of the story only to figure out I have to go back. That's always a pain in the arsenal.
Sorry to hear about your laptop's sudden, yet inevitable betrayal. I've gone through a few and after losing the story I was working on as well as saves, I learned that a thumb-drive is my best friend.

@RavenHearted
There have been rumors, but I don't think they've confirmed it. It's a good guess, but then again they may throw us for a loop and toss Wynne's son in instead.
@ElbowBaggins
See, rogue has been my favorite class for the longest time. Before rogue, I was a fan of warriors, mainly because I liked being able to charge into the thick of things and hold my own. Rogue does allow a lot of maneuverability, but there's just something about a Kossith warrior swinging an axe around...
I also have a problem with falling for non-romanceable characters (namely Varric in DA2 and Cullen in DA), so I'd like know ahead of time so I don't complete a good portion of the story only to figure out I have to go back. That's always a pain in the arsenal.
Sorry to hear about your laptop's sudden, yet inevitable betrayal. I've gone through a few and after losing the story I was working on as well as saves, I learned that a thumb-drive is my best friend.

@RavenHearted
There have been rumors, but I don't think they've confirmed it. It's a good guess, but then again they may throw us for a loop and toss Wynne's son in instead.
212jTTF.jpg
@RavenHearted
Yeah, the white-haired guy, right? I didn't see if they had actually confirmed it yet. I do hope it's him, he's an interesting guy.

@KingCrowley
The worst thing that happened to me romance-wise was people I wasn't into falling in love with me. I had that Zevran glitch where he thinks you're romanced even if you never talk to him, so you kiss Alistair or whoever and he disapproves by like, 70 points. Then in 2 Anders kept trying to show up and kiss me after I knew him for about 30 seconds, it was frustrating. I really really want Varric to be an option in Inquisition but I don't have a lot of hope.
I had all my really vital stuff backed up, but all my non-essential files were in a cloud storage thing that I just can't access until I get a new computer (I use my phone for everything at the moment). I think that Keep thing that's coming out later will let me recreate all my choices and such, but still.
@RavenHearted
Yeah, the white-haired guy, right? I didn't see if they had actually confirmed it yet. I do hope it's him, he's an interesting guy.

@KingCrowley
The worst thing that happened to me romance-wise was people I wasn't into falling in love with me. I had that Zevran glitch where he thinks you're romanced even if you never talk to him, so you kiss Alistair or whoever and he disapproves by like, 70 points. Then in 2 Anders kept trying to show up and kiss me after I knew him for about 30 seconds, it was frustrating. I really really want Varric to be an option in Inquisition but I don't have a lot of hope.
I had all my really vital stuff backed up, but all my non-essential files were in a cloud storage thing that I just can't access until I get a new computer (I use my phone for everything at the moment). I think that Keep thing that's coming out later will let me recreate all my choices and such, but still.
Dragon Age is probably my all-time favorite game. I'm so excited about having races back in Inquisition, so I can have my elf girls again. My favorite Origins playthroughs are my very first, a Dalish rogue, and my most recent city elf rogue. I like mages, and will almost certainly do a Qunari mage playthrough in Inquisition, but my elf rogue comes first. Really looking forward to E3 and finally learning more about the companions. I need to know more about the Warden and Dorian.
Dragon Age is probably my all-time favorite game. I'm so excited about having races back in Inquisition, so I can have my elf girls again. My favorite Origins playthroughs are my very first, a Dalish rogue, and my most recent city elf rogue. I like mages, and will almost certainly do a Qunari mage playthrough in Inquisition, but my elf rogue comes first. Really looking forward to E3 and finally learning more about the companions. I need to know more about the Warden and Dorian.
[quote name="EmmaFreya" date="2014-06-04 20:10:03"] !!! I'm super hyped for Inquisition myself! I think I talk about it everyday! [s]i even preordered the inquisitors edition[/s] I've actually just started to read The Stolen Throne and I anticipate reading all of the books. Although I find myself making a lot of parallels between Origins characters and characters from the book. I actually have three playthroughs that I've finished! (City elf being one of them! I really adore that origin.) But my main origin is Surana. This sounds incredibly silly, but I was terrible at creating elves, but I really wanted to play one, so she came out looking. . . less than perfect, which I actually found really encouraging as I went through the game. (As I don't quite look perfect myself.) As for companions, I really like them all! I think Alistair, Wynne, and Shale are my absolute favourites, though. What about you? What are your favourite companions?[/quote] Yeah! I find that the books are very well written. I wasn't too gripped by the description for Stolen Throne, but I couldn't put it down haha. Masked Empire isn't written by David Gaider (the lead writer for games and the other novels) but it's still good! Asunder is definitely my favourite though. Without spoiling anything, best (and most resonating) story, great original characters and all my favourites from the games. Your character sounds cool! I think it's good to be able to relate to your character. When you make them it's kind of like you're using a part of yourself for it. My character looked alright but I imagined her being a bit of a standoffish ass haha. I really like Wynne too! And Shale, and Alistair. I think I'm the only person who actually liked Carver in 2 (even if he is an idiot) but I guess I kind of related to being the overshadowed child lol.
EmmaFreya wrote on 2014-06-04 20:10:03:
!!!

I'm super hyped for Inquisition myself! I think I talk about it everyday!

i even preordered the inquisitors edition

I've actually just started to read The Stolen Throne and I anticipate reading all of the books. Although I find myself making a lot of parallels between Origins characters and characters from the book.

I actually have three playthroughs that I've finished! (City elf being one of them! I really adore that origin.) But my main origin is Surana. This sounds incredibly silly, but I was terrible at creating elves, but I really wanted to play one, so she came out looking. . . less than perfect, which I actually found really encouraging as I went through the game. (As I don't quite look perfect myself.)

As for companions, I really like them all! I think Alistair, Wynne, and Shale are my absolute favourites, though. What about you? What are your favourite companions?

Yeah! I find that the books are very well written. I wasn't too gripped by the description for Stolen Throne, but I couldn't put it down haha. Masked Empire isn't written by David Gaider (the lead writer for games and the other novels) but it's still good! Asunder is definitely my favourite though. Without spoiling anything, best (and most resonating) story, great original characters and all my favourites from the games.

Your character sounds cool! I think it's good to be able to relate to your character. When you make them it's kind of like you're using a part of yourself for it. My character looked alright but I imagined her being a bit of a standoffish *** haha.

I really like Wynne too! And Shale, and Alistair. I think I'm the only person who actually liked Carver in 2 (even if he is an idiot) but I guess I kind of related to being the overshadowed child lol.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35