Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragon Age
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35
[quote name="EmmaFreya" date="2014-06-04 20:45:51"] I thought Awakening was alright. It does give you a lot of insight on Anders and Justice, so if you're interested in that, it's definitely worth it. Additionally, I enjoyed the characters and epilogue a lot. It seemed a little short to me, but it does fill in some plot details. I think it's worth it.[/quote] Thanks! I will give it a shot then (if my gamestop has it in that is). What do you think of the companions in Inquisition so far? I mean, we obviously don't know a whole lot about them yet, but any first impressions?
EmmaFreya wrote on 2014-06-04 20:45:51:

I thought Awakening was alright. It does give you a lot of insight on Anders and Justice, so if you're interested in that, it's definitely worth it. Additionally, I enjoyed the characters and epilogue a lot. It seemed a little short to me, but it does fill in some plot details. I think it's worth it.

Thanks! I will give it a shot then (if my gamestop has it in that is).
What do you think of the companions in Inquisition so far? I mean, we obviously don't know a whole lot about them yet, but any first impressions?
[quote name="ElbowBaggins" date="2014-06-04 20:55:09"] Thanks! I will give it a shot then (if my gamestop has it in that is). What do you think of the companions in Inquisition so far? I mean, we obviously don't know a whole lot about them yet, but any first impressions?[/quote] Oh, I'm very, very, very optimistic about the current line up! We have Cassandra, Cullen, and Varric as returning characters. Cassandra is ruthless and devoted to her cause and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her backstory and having her as a companion. [s]Also she's gorgeous.[/s] Cullen will offer a unique perspective, I think. I believe he has seen both the dangers of magic and corruption of Templars and the effects that can have on the world. I'm honestly expecting a lot of character development for him. [s][i]he'll be my first romance i think[/i][/s] Varric is going to be an excellent companion for obvious reasons and I'm very excited to have him returning. [s]But mostly I want to see companion dialogue between him and Cullen, the two people who knew the Champion of Kirkwall.[/s] I'm not sure what to think of Vivienne yet. She's Orlesian, fashionable, and pro-circle. And that Pro-Circle can mean a lot, depending on how it's played. [s]yet another gorgeous companion[/s] I'm interested in Solas. An apostate mage who's knowledgeable about the Fade? I think he'll come in handy and offer plenty of insight. I expect him and Vivienne to have interesting interactions. I'm anticipating Sera. We know so little about her. I have high hopes for her, though. And yet again, I'm not sure what to think of the Iron Bull. I'm hoping he'll give us a view of the other side of the Qunari issue, but I expect a Qunari inquisitor could provide the same information. I'm just not certain how he'll play into the story. Off the topic of characters, as far as Inquisition goes, I'm probably the most eager to see what's happening with Hawke and the Warden-Commander. I believe they're going to do something with that plotline in Inquisition.
ElbowBaggins wrote on 2014-06-04 20:55:09:

Thanks! I will give it a shot then (if my gamestop has it in that is).
What do you think of the companions in Inquisition so far? I mean, we obviously don't know a whole lot about them yet, but any first impressions?

Oh, I'm very, very, very optimistic about the current line up!

We have Cassandra, Cullen, and Varric as returning characters.

Cassandra is ruthless and devoted to her cause and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her backstory and having her as a companion. Also she's gorgeous.

Cullen will offer a unique perspective, I think. I believe he has seen both the dangers of magic and corruption of Templars and the effects that can have on the world. I'm honestly expecting a lot of character development for him. he'll be my first romance i think

Varric is going to be an excellent companion for obvious reasons and I'm very excited to have him returning. But mostly I want to see companion dialogue between him and Cullen, the two people who knew the Champion of Kirkwall.

I'm not sure what to think of Vivienne yet. She's Orlesian, fashionable, and pro-circle. And that Pro-Circle can mean a lot, depending on how it's played. yet another gorgeous companion

I'm interested in Solas. An apostate mage who's knowledgeable about the Fade? I think he'll come in handy and offer plenty of insight. I expect him and Vivienne to have interesting interactions.

I'm anticipating Sera. We know so little about her. I have high hopes for her, though.

And yet again, I'm not sure what to think of the Iron Bull. I'm hoping he'll give us a view of the other side of the Qunari issue, but I expect a Qunari inquisitor could provide the same information. I'm just not certain how he'll play into the story.

Off the topic of characters, as far as Inquisition goes, I'm probably the most eager to see what's happening with Hawke and the Warden-Commander. I believe they're going to do something with that plotline in Inquisition.
Serpentenial Art! Click to see amazing art at low prices!
@EmmaFreya

Ooo, I had completely forgotten that Cullen was going to be in this one! Hmm. On the one hand, I'd love to get to know him better, but on the other I've now flirted with him as two different characters and a third might be pushing it. For whatever reason, I seem to just really get a kick out of hitting on Cullen.

I really hope Varric is romanceable, but I strongly suspect he isn't. Either way, he'll definitely be in my party again. I'm also pretty interested in Mustache Guy, whoever he is.

I am very attached to my Warden and my Hawke, so I really hope we get to find out what all our previous characters are up to did she ever get over Alistair breaking up with her did Hawke and Fenris have twelve broody children oh please let all my companions be happy. I'm really interested to see how this Keep thing is going to work, my original saves died with my old laptop so it's a great way to migrate all my old choices and such.
@EmmaFreya

Ooo, I had completely forgotten that Cullen was going to be in this one! Hmm. On the one hand, I'd love to get to know him better, but on the other I've now flirted with him as two different characters and a third might be pushing it. For whatever reason, I seem to just really get a kick out of hitting on Cullen.

I really hope Varric is romanceable, but I strongly suspect he isn't. Either way, he'll definitely be in my party again. I'm also pretty interested in Mustache Guy, whoever he is.

I am very attached to my Warden and my Hawke, so I really hope we get to find out what all our previous characters are up to did she ever get over Alistair breaking up with her did Hawke and Fenris have twelve broody children oh please let all my companions be happy. I'm really interested to see how this Keep thing is going to work, my original saves died with my old laptop so it's a great way to migrate all my old choices and such.
Well, I found a Dragon Age thread!

So excited for Inquisition, cussed out my friend who works at Gamestop when she told me it was probably going to be delayed. I will have none of that! This game woke my parents up when I was watching E3 last year and first saw a clip.... they did not appreciate the squeal. I was staying the night at my parents' house to visit and I got a very annoyed grumble from them.
Well, I found a Dragon Age thread!

So excited for Inquisition, cussed out my friend who works at Gamestop when she told me it was probably going to be delayed. I will have none of that! This game woke my parents up when I was watching E3 last year and first saw a clip.... they did not appreciate the squeal. I was staying the night at my parents' house to visit and I got a very annoyed grumble from them.
@EmmaFreya

I'm a huuuge Dragon Age fan! I recently bought Ultimate Edition on Steam for about $7 (I already had Origins, but I wanted the extra stuff) and it's been awesome!

I've had a Warden of every Origin! My first was an elf mage named Aeronwen, my second was a human noble(warrior) named Elissa Cousland, and my third was a city elf(rogue) named Alvedriel.

My favourite Warden out of these three would be Elissa. She was really fun to play as, and I loved her Origin story! She also went on to be Queen, which made me extremely happy to see. Especially in the dialogue with Alistair in Awakenings!

I haven't played DA2; I've actually been warned against it. My sisters have both told me that the gameplay is awful, and that the storyline, though good, doesn't make up for it.

I'm excited for Inquisition, though! Too bad I don't have a machine to play it on.
@EmmaFreya

I'm a huuuge Dragon Age fan! I recently bought Ultimate Edition on Steam for about $7 (I already had Origins, but I wanted the extra stuff) and it's been awesome!

I've had a Warden of every Origin! My first was an elf mage named Aeronwen, my second was a human noble(warrior) named Elissa Cousland, and my third was a city elf(rogue) named Alvedriel.

My favourite Warden out of these three would be Elissa. She was really fun to play as, and I loved her Origin story! She also went on to be Queen, which made me extremely happy to see. Especially in the dialogue with Alistair in Awakenings!

I haven't played DA2; I've actually been warned against it. My sisters have both told me that the gameplay is awful, and that the storyline, though good, doesn't make up for it.

I'm excited for Inquisition, though! Too bad I don't have a machine to play it on.
tumblr_ps6aiaSpNY1ugssd3o8_r1_500.png
At this point I have about 20 characters between the 360 and PS3 versions... my most recent one is a Dalish elf warrior I cannot remember the name for to save my life, my favorite so far was my Cousland warrior Alyssa who married her Alistair and ruled with him. I really liked that playthrough. That was my second to last playthrough.
At this point I have about 20 characters between the 360 and PS3 versions... my most recent one is a Dalish elf warrior I cannot remember the name for to save my life, my favorite so far was my Cousland warrior Alyssa who married her Alistair and ruled with him. I really liked that playthrough. That was my second to last playthrough.
I am so so excited for DAI. I'm trying to keep myself completely in the dark about what's going on in it and who is in it, but from what I've already seen I cannot wait for Cassandra and Varric to come back (and dang but they look good in this one!), and Vivienne and Solas look very interesting.

I couldn't make it through DAO. It's lame, but I started as a female city elf and after that origin I had like, no drive to keep playing. I made myself get a good ways into the game and just never picked it back up.

@Shiboritotte One of my friends complained about the gameplay, too, but most of them seem to think it's an improvement. It's definitely more streamlined (or "dumbed down" haha) but I think that the only truly awful thing is the monotonous maps. Once you leave the city it's the same thing over and over and over and over... -_- I do think the story makes up for it though.
I am so so excited for DAI. I'm trying to keep myself completely in the dark about what's going on in it and who is in it, but from what I've already seen I cannot wait for Cassandra and Varric to come back (and dang but they look good in this one!), and Vivienne and Solas look very interesting.

I couldn't make it through DAO. It's lame, but I started as a female city elf and after that origin I had like, no drive to keep playing. I made myself get a good ways into the game and just never picked it back up.

@Shiboritotte One of my friends complained about the gameplay, too, but most of them seem to think it's an improvement. It's definitely more streamlined (or "dumbed down" haha) but I think that the only truly awful thing is the monotonous maps. Once you leave the city it's the same thing over and over and over and over... -_- I do think the story makes up for it though.
Oohh dragon age my newest obsession! I just got into it recently when it went on sale on steam. No idea why i never played it before.
Im probably going to look into the books soon while waiting for Inquisition. Gotta keep the hype going somehow.
I might be more excited to play a Dwarf again though huhu
Oohh dragon age my newest obsession! I just got into it recently when it went on sale on steam. No idea why i never played it before.
Im probably going to look into the books soon while waiting for Inquisition. Gotta keep the hype going somehow.
I might be more excited to play a Dwarf again though huhu
QCwky.gif DdZ4S.gif
Origins was the first game I ever fell properly in love with ^_^

It was the game that set me up as a bit of a gaming addict. I love anything with elves, mages, dragons etc. I loved all of the choices you could make, the RP options really sucked me in. Sadly for me, after origins the newer games got rid of a lot of the aspects that I loved. Those games were just disappointments that I could never get into, so I just play DA:O over and over again (how about we try romancing somebody other than Alistair this time? Nah...).

As for Inquisition, I can't really get excited. I think I'll have to wait until it comes out and see how well everyone takes it, then maybe I will give it a shot.

If you're willing to sacrifice the character interactions, then you should all try Dragons Dogma! It's a step up for exploration, a better looking world, cool monsters, awesome combat etc.
Origins was the first game I ever fell properly in love with ^_^

It was the game that set me up as a bit of a gaming addict. I love anything with elves, mages, dragons etc. I loved all of the choices you could make, the RP options really sucked me in. Sadly for me, after origins the newer games got rid of a lot of the aspects that I loved. Those games were just disappointments that I could never get into, so I just play DA:O over and over again (how about we try romancing somebody other than Alistair this time? Nah...).

As for Inquisition, I can't really get excited. I think I'll have to wait until it comes out and see how well everyone takes it, then maybe I will give it a shot.

If you're willing to sacrifice the character interactions, then you should all try Dragons Dogma! It's a step up for exploration, a better looking world, cool monsters, awesome combat etc.
I am a huge fan of Origins (And The Stolen Throne) but DA2 left me a little cold.

Loghain is my favourite character, possibly because of his voice actor ...
I am a huge fan of Origins (And The Stolen Throne) but DA2 left me a little cold.

Loghain is my favourite character, possibly because of his voice actor ...
Yt4sddf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35