Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | College kids, report in
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
Well, I just graduated from highschool last week so I guess I can post here? I'm a rising freshman going to Savannah College of Art and Design and I'm either going to major in animation or game design.
I totally wouldn't be surprised to find SCAD people here tbh
Well, I just graduated from highschool last week so I guess I can post here? I'm a rising freshman going to Savannah College of Art and Design and I'm either going to major in animation or game design.
I totally wouldn't be surprised to find SCAD people here tbh
tumblr_n7jfo79bJN1tdeyz5o1_500.png
I'm a college kid. Again.

I'm 25 and originally went to the Art Institute for Game Art & Design, but I left because the school had some... unsavory practices. I wallowed around trying to figure out what it was I wanted to do in life while working as a freelance illustrator.

I'm heading back to college in the fall, majoring in Anthropology and hoping to transfer to Berkeley. c:
I'm a college kid. Again.

I'm 25 and originally went to the Art Institute for Game Art & Design, but I left because the school had some... unsavory practices. I wallowed around trying to figure out what it was I wanted to do in life while working as a freelance illustrator.

I'm heading back to college in the fall, majoring in Anthropology and hoping to transfer to Berkeley. c:
ErCgq1o.png
Originally a Nursing major at Florida State in Tallahassee but I lost my confirmed seat in the program due to failing an Anatomy Lab. Now I'm temporarily a Psychology major and making it up while also getting credits for Psych as a minor. I want to work at an in-patient behavioral health clinic because my entire family and I have our share of mental health issues. Someday I hope to get my Masters or even a Doctorate in Nursing so I can become a full PMHN.

It sucks having to take an extra year with no guarantee of getting readmitted but I'm not rolling over just yet. Plus I FINALLY have a single dorm next year after one hell of an awful roommate.
Originally a Nursing major at Florida State in Tallahassee but I lost my confirmed seat in the program due to failing an Anatomy Lab. Now I'm temporarily a Psychology major and making it up while also getting credits for Psych as a minor. I want to work at an in-patient behavioral health clinic because my entire family and I have our share of mental health issues. Someday I hope to get my Masters or even a Doctorate in Nursing so I can become a full PMHN.

It sucks having to take an extra year with no guarantee of getting readmitted but I'm not rolling over just yet. Plus I FINALLY have a single dorm next year after one hell of an awful roommate.
Major in mortuary science, 20 y/o freshman who had to drop out for a year and a half because I developed cyclic vomiting syndrome. So hey hey, I might embalm ya one day :-)
Major in mortuary science, 20 y/o freshman who had to drop out for a year and a half because I developed cyclic vomiting syndrome. So hey hey, I might embalm ya one day :-)
aaaaaaaaaa_zps9b23ddd4.gif
Just finished my junior year. Video game design major specializing in concept work and game writing. c: University of Utah's EAE program was best in the nation last year, I'm happy to be a part of it.
Just finished my junior year. Video game design major specializing in concept work and game writing. c: University of Utah's EAE program was best in the nation last year, I'm happy to be a part of it.
Current Project A: BORDERLANDS! Got some brights for sale/trade? Shoot me a message, son!
/WUB WUB/
Current Project B: MASS EFFECT! I'm shooting for the stars with this one. Dragons for the team, planets, and the Normandy herself! Let's talk breeding programs.
Just finished my first year at Humber College for theatre production, focusing on costumes and props, and I have one more year to go. Right now my summer job is, fittingly, at a theatre managing costumes. I don't know what an alma mater is.. that's a US thing right? In Canada colleges and universities are different from each other and alma mater sounds more like a university thing lol
Just finished my first year at Humber College for theatre production, focusing on costumes and props, and I have one more year to go. Right now my summer job is, fittingly, at a theatre managing costumes. I don't know what an alma mater is.. that's a US thing right? In Canada colleges and universities are different from each other and alma mater sounds more like a university thing lol
Well, since it's summer I guess I'm now a junior in college? I'm majoring in Marine Biology (Water Flight forever!) in a teeny tiny school way up in middle of nowhere Maine. (The nearest Wal-Mart is over an hour away. Matter of fact, almost EVERYTHING is over an hour away.) I almost transferred to Roger Williams in CT for next year because I'm not really happy at my college (there's nothing to do, the food sucks, it's really far from home, and it's miserable in the winter because we never get much snow or it immediately rains turning everything to gross slushy muck) but it's way too expensive and credits don't transfer well so I'd have to go an extra year at the very least.
Well, since it's summer I guess I'm now a junior in college? I'm majoring in Marine Biology (Water Flight forever!) in a teeny tiny school way up in middle of nowhere Maine. (The nearest Wal-Mart is over an hour away. Matter of fact, almost EVERYTHING is over an hour away.) I almost transferred to Roger Williams in CT for next year because I'm not really happy at my college (there's nothing to do, the food sucks, it's really far from home, and it's miserable in the winter because we never get much snow or it immediately rains turning everything to gross slushy muck) but it's way too expensive and credits don't transfer well so I'd have to go an extra year at the very least.
BFBBannerLong.png
@paskudne
I used to work at one of southern California's largest privately owned mortuary/cemeteries. It's a very difficult environment to work in. :c My mom still works there, but thankfully we both worked more behind the scenes (accounting).

Those smells though. :s Hard to get over them.
@paskudne
I used to work at one of southern California's largest privately owned mortuary/cemeteries. It's a very difficult environment to work in. :c My mom still works there, but thankfully we both worked more behind the scenes (accounting).

Those smells though. :s Hard to get over them.
ErCgq1o.png
@brosephiine
I've heard that it's really hard from a lot of different people especially being on call constantly, but I MIGHT be able to deal with it. I'm trying to become a funeral director with the ability to cremate so I can start my own crematorium *dreams*, but so far I like the classes and I'm interested in the concept, and it there's a market for it still. gotta do whatcha gotta do.

the smells are bad tho, and that white powder doesn't even cut it.
@brosephiine
I've heard that it's really hard from a lot of different people especially being on call constantly, but I MIGHT be able to deal with it. I'm trying to become a funeral director with the ability to cremate so I can start my own crematorium *dreams*, but so far I like the classes and I'm interested in the concept, and it there's a market for it still. gotta do whatcha gotta do.

the smells are bad tho, and that white powder doesn't even cut it.
aaaaaaaaaa_zps9b23ddd4.gif
I just finished up my freshman year at the University of Delaware, I'm currently a Biological Sciences major. My main goal is to become a forensic scientist, but really I just love working in the lab so I guess we'll see. :)
I just finished up my freshman year at the University of Delaware, I'm currently a Biological Sciences major. My main goal is to become a forensic scientist, but really I just love working in the lab so I guess we'll see. :)
2uequ68.jpg
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14