Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | My Worst Nightmare
1 2
....is transpiring.

Here I am, eating a bowl of spaghetti for lunch, sitting on my couch and looking out the window...

When I hear massive buzzing. Very close. I leaped up and took five steps back and waited...more loud buzzing. Suddenly this giant , vicious looking black hornet THING rises from behind the couch. It's HUGE. The length and width of my thumb and I have a big thumb. It's body is too conical to be a fly.

Little fact about me.... I am absolutely terrified of anything bigger than a bumblebee. Wasps and hornets are the death of me. It might as we'll be a phobia. I turn into a sobbing toddler mess if any get close.

And here is one of Godzilla proportions FLYING AROUND MY HOUSE.

I was so terrified I ran into my room with the spaghetti in hand and locked myself in. Except I left my phone on the couch! Can't call a friend to come over and kill it or catch and release it.

I'm nauseous and I've lost my appetite....sitting in my room with a cold bowl of spaghetti trying to calm myself and wait until someone comes home in a few hours.

I managed to sneak back downstairs and crack open a window for it to fly out, but I doubt Satan Hornet will be leaving any time soon.

;__;
....is transpiring.

Here I am, eating a bowl of spaghetti for lunch, sitting on my couch and looking out the window...

When I hear massive buzzing. Very close. I leaped up and took five steps back and waited...more loud buzzing. Suddenly this giant , vicious looking black hornet THING rises from behind the couch. It's HUGE. The length and width of my thumb and I have a big thumb. It's body is too conical to be a fly.

Little fact about me.... I am absolutely terrified of anything bigger than a bumblebee. Wasps and hornets are the death of me. It might as we'll be a phobia. I turn into a sobbing toddler mess if any get close.

And here is one of Godzilla proportions FLYING AROUND MY HOUSE.

I was so terrified I ran into my room with the spaghetti in hand and locked myself in. Except I left my phone on the couch! Can't call a friend to come over and kill it or catch and release it.

I'm nauseous and I've lost my appetite....sitting in my room with a cold bowl of spaghetti trying to calm myself and wait until someone comes home in a few hours.

I managed to sneak back downstairs and crack open a window for it to fly out, but I doubt Satan Hornet will be leaving any time soon.

;__;
Sounds like it's possibly a great black wasp. If so, the good news is they're not at all aggressive.

Is there anyone else that might be there soon to help deal with it?
Sounds like it's possibly a great black wasp. If so, the good news is they're not at all aggressive.

Is there anyone else that might be there soon to help deal with it?
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
@Ayeaka

Sadly no :c

I looked up that wasp but from what I saw it's too thick to be that.
It may just be an enormous fly but I doubt it. It was too big and streamlined to be a fly
@Ayeaka

Sadly no :c

I looked up that wasp but from what I saw it's too thick to be that.
It may just be an enormous fly but I doubt it. It was too big and streamlined to be a fly
Oh my god that's a bit horrifying, I'm so sorry!

I remember back at my old house, we'd get these giant wasps with huge stinger lookin things, because I guess they laid their eggs in the pine trees? So they weren't actually stingers, I guess, but running into them when you were playing in the woods was pretty heart stopping. :P

Hopefully your massive deathwasp flies out the window sometime soon :'O
Oh my god that's a bit horrifying, I'm so sorry!

I remember back at my old house, we'd get these giant wasps with huge stinger lookin things, because I guess they laid their eggs in the pine trees? So they weren't actually stingers, I guess, but running into them when you were playing in the woods was pretty heart stopping. :P

Hopefully your massive deathwasp flies out the window sometime soon :'O
@Grunwald ewww I hate those Things even though I know They won't sting but They Look just... Nasty :c

hope the mutant killer bee found its own eay out. At least Your room is secure!
@Grunwald ewww I hate those Things even though I know They won't sting but They Look just... Nasty :c

hope the mutant killer bee found its own eay out. At least Your room is secure!
.: the endless flight :.
.: FR nuzlocke story blog :.
also available on the forums here

DESPERATELY LF WC or COATL jade/tangerine shim/white-maize-ice OR CLOSE
If it had orange wings, it might have been a tarantula hawk. I can't think of anything else off hand. They're not super aggressive either. Luckily most of the larger species aren't.

Hnm. Turn off lights in neighboring rooms if you can. You may be able to get it to go for the room with the opened window if its the only room with light.

The thing to keep in mind with wasps is that while most actually aren't that aggressive, they have extremely poor vision. Quick sudden movements increase your chance of getting stung, because they may fly in to you—literally because they can't see you.

I wish you luck in getting rid of your wasp problem, though. :c back in Louisiana, I was designated 'pest control' for my roommates.
If it had orange wings, it might have been a tarantula hawk. I can't think of anything else off hand. They're not super aggressive either. Luckily most of the larger species aren't.

Hnm. Turn off lights in neighboring rooms if you can. You may be able to get it to go for the room with the opened window if its the only room with light.

The thing to keep in mind with wasps is that while most actually aren't that aggressive, they have extremely poor vision. Quick sudden movements increase your chance of getting stung, because they may fly in to you—literally because they can't see you.

I wish you luck in getting rid of your wasp problem, though. :c back in Louisiana, I was designated 'pest control' for my roommates.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
I probably would have screamed and then proceed to set my house on fire if I had that sort of encounter.

Which I feel like doing anyway because I'm in the process of moving and when I went to pull something out from under my bed, a spider came with it.

I'm just "NOPE" at the aspect of packing now.
I probably would have screamed and then proceed to set my house on fire if I had that sort of encounter.

Which I feel like doing anyway because I'm in the process of moving and when I went to pull something out from under my bed, a spider came with it.

I'm just "NOPE" at the aspect of packing now.
Idk, i'm just here for the pretty dragons
ಠ_ಠ
So when you opened the window you didn't get your phone from the couch ?? ;p
So when you opened the window you didn't get your phone from the couch ?? ;p
oh go d

i understand friend that's not even an overreaction

wasps are terrifying idek why they exist what good do they do

huffs

either way

i've never heard of anything like that, hmmm
oh go d

i understand friend that's not even an overreaction

wasps are terrifying idek why they exist what good do they do

huffs

either way

i've never heard of anything like that, hmmm
ivan, it/he pronouns
I can deal with most wasps and spiders, but the ones that really bother me are mud daubers. Those are the ones that look like their abdomen is dangling on a thread when they fly around. Some of them are black with a bluish sheen, but their not big enough to be your wasp so I'm no help :P.
I can deal with most wasps and spiders, but the ones that really bother me are mud daubers. Those are the ones that look like their abdomen is dangling on a thread when they fly around. Some of them are black with a bluish sheen, but their not big enough to be your wasp so I'm no help :P.
CgtyAYW.png
1 2