Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Doctor Who?
1 2
If you've watched any of this popular show and wish to talk about it, here's the place! Just be sensible in what you post, if there's spoilers for a major episode then please say so, and no arguing just because another person dislikes your favorite Doctor. We're all entitled to our opinions. *waits fro whovians to show up*
If you've watched any of this popular show and wish to talk about it, here's the place! Just be sensible in what you post, if there's spoilers for a major episode then please say so, and no arguing just because another person dislikes your favorite Doctor. We're all entitled to our opinions. *waits fro whovians to show up*
dungeon master
I love Doctor Who.
My favorite Doctor is 10, with 9 as a close second.

I'm super excited for Capaldi as the Doctor. I can't wait to see what he does with the role. Waiting for the new season is killing me though. D;
I love Doctor Who.
My favorite Doctor is 10, with 9 as a close second.

I'm super excited for Capaldi as the Doctor. I can't wait to see what he does with the role. Waiting for the new season is killing me though. D;
uU0PD.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.giftyZnu.gif
Yeah, I don't want to wait either. Almost done with the Seventh series, which is a little strange considering a really started watching last September/October, but it was a really dull winter. Praise Netflix for allowing me to watch so often. *bows to Netflix*
My favorite Doctor is an exact tie between Nine and Ten, with Four at a close second and all the others right behind.
Yeah, I don't want to wait either. Almost done with the Seventh series, which is a little strange considering a really started watching last September/October, but it was a really dull winter. Praise Netflix for allowing me to watch so often. *bows to Netflix*
My favorite Doctor is an exact tie between Nine and Ten, with Four at a close second and all the others right behind.
dungeon master
I actually recently started watching Doctor Who, but I'm trying to watch it from the beginning (Like, Classic who, 1st doctor to the most recent, of course I can't watch every single classic episode because Netflix doesn't have every single one, but I'm watching as many as I can.) Right now I'm on the 4th Doctor... Season 15, Horror of Fang Rock, Episode 2. Obviously I have missed many many episodes because Netflix simply doesn't provide all of the Classic Who episodes, only certain ones. (Unless I'm being stupid or something and I'm skipping some episodes by accident.)

It's kinda strange seeing the cheap effects since this was so back in the day, but also somehow charming in such a strange way. Unfortunately if we want to talk about anything in recent Who I'm not there yet so I can't really participate. :P

Also My favorite doctor from only the 4 I've watched is the 3rd so far. (Though I do admit he can be quite unlikeable at times.)
I actually recently started watching Doctor Who, but I'm trying to watch it from the beginning (Like, Classic who, 1st doctor to the most recent, of course I can't watch every single classic episode because Netflix doesn't have every single one, but I'm watching as many as I can.) Right now I'm on the 4th Doctor... Season 15, Horror of Fang Rock, Episode 2. Obviously I have missed many many episodes because Netflix simply doesn't provide all of the Classic Who episodes, only certain ones. (Unless I'm being stupid or something and I'm skipping some episodes by accident.)

It's kinda strange seeing the cheap effects since this was so back in the day, but also somehow charming in such a strange way. Unfortunately if we want to talk about anything in recent Who I'm not there yet so I can't really participate. :P

Also My favorite doctor from only the 4 I've watched is the 3rd so far. (Though I do admit he can be quite unlikeable at times.)
That's fine, I've watched all the classic Netflix and so if you wish to talk about those, I can too! If only K9 had more episodes...
That's fine, I've watched all the classic Netflix and so if you wish to talk about those, I can too! If only K9 had more episodes...
dungeon master
@interestingword
Unfortunately I don't have much to talk about what I've seen in Classic who either, (Also minor Classic Who Spoilers ahead.) Except for: "The Green Death", that one part where the Doctor and his companion, Jo, paddle the mine-cart along the... uh... sea of giant maggots that are obviously green screened. I realize that it was a long time ago (1970 something?) when they filmed that episode and it was probably all they were able to work with, but still it was hilariously obvious that it was pretty much almost all green screened. And yet it's that special old Television charm, where the low quality somehow makes it more entertaining to watch.
@interestingword
Unfortunately I don't have much to talk about what I've seen in Classic who either, (Also minor Classic Who Spoilers ahead.) Except for: "The Green Death", that one part where the Doctor and his companion, Jo, paddle the mine-cart along the... uh... sea of giant maggots that are obviously green screened. I realize that it was a long time ago (1970 something?) when they filmed that episode and it was probably all they were able to work with, but still it was hilariously obvious that it was pretty much almost all green screened. And yet it's that special old Television charm, where the low quality somehow makes it more entertaining to watch.
Yeah, Nine doesn't get enough appreciation, I really wish he had more than one season.
Yeah, Nine doesn't get enough appreciation, I really wish he had more than one season.
dungeon master
Christopher Eccleston is by far my favorite doctor, he's incredibly underrated, and quite handsome. While, yes, sure, David Tennant is handsome, Chris really takes the cake on that, and also the riskiest.

And, I mean, come on. Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), they got on pretty well with each other.
Christopher Eccleston is by far my favorite doctor, he's incredibly underrated, and quite handsome. While, yes, sure, David Tennant is handsome, Chris really takes the cake on that, and also the riskiest.

And, I mean, come on. Billie Piper (Rose Tyler), they got on pretty well with each other.
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.png
I've lost most of my interest with some of the more recent episodes (Though I hope to have that interest rekindled with the new Doctor) but Doctor Who is still one of my favorite shows. Nine is my favorite Doctor 'cause he's my first doctor and Donna will always be my favorite companion.
I've lost most of my interest with some of the more recent episodes (Though I hope to have that interest rekindled with the new Doctor) but Doctor Who is still one of my favorite shows. Nine is my favorite Doctor 'cause he's my first doctor and Donna will always be my favorite companion.
I'm a leaf on the wind
Watch how I soar
I've been a massive fan since childhood. Since I grew up with him (through video tapes), I'd have to say my favourite is Sylvester McCoy (Doctor no. 7), followed by the Ninth and Tenth Doctors. I also really like Tom and Colin Baker.

My brother and I did kind of freak out when we found out that some of the lost tapes from the 1960s and 70s had been discovered last year. XD

Also, what did people think of the 50th Anniversary special? I felt it was a bit of a let-down in some places. :(
I've been a massive fan since childhood. Since I grew up with him (through video tapes), I'd have to say my favourite is Sylvester McCoy (Doctor no. 7), followed by the Ninth and Tenth Doctors. I also really like Tom and Colin Baker.

My brother and I did kind of freak out when we found out that some of the lost tapes from the 1960s and 70s had been discovered last year. XD

Also, what did people think of the 50th Anniversary special? I felt it was a bit of a let-down in some places. :(
1 2