Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ELDER. SCROLLS. ONLINE!
1 2 3
Well, who's playing?!

Whether starting today at official launch or from early access, are YOU in Tamriel? What's your race/class/faction? Crafting choices? RP stories? TELL ME YOUR TALES, COMRADES.

I'm an Argonian Nightblade with the Daggerfall Covenant. My name is Steals-Your-Stuff. Guess what I like to do?

I want to get into PVP in this game seeing as I never did it in any other games before and I really want to start this one fresh. I enjoyed a little PVP in WoW, but was mostly a raider. I think I want to stab people this time around. As to professions, yes, you can do all of them, but apparently you only get a set amount of skill points between them? So if I want to actually be any good, I think I'll focus on Clothing and Provisioning. Jury's out on whether my next focus will be Blacksmithing, Alchemy, or Enchanting. Yes, I am aware I named all but one. Indecision, ahoy!

And I'm currently level 6. I'm getting up there. Slowly. There's currently a quest-breaking bug in my way, but I'll get through it some day! I believe.
Well, who's playing?!

Whether starting today at official launch or from early access, are YOU in Tamriel? What's your race/class/faction? Crafting choices? RP stories? TELL ME YOUR TALES, COMRADES.

I'm an Argonian Nightblade with the Daggerfall Covenant. My name is Steals-Your-Stuff. Guess what I like to do?

I want to get into PVP in this game seeing as I never did it in any other games before and I really want to start this one fresh. I enjoyed a little PVP in WoW, but was mostly a raider. I think I want to stab people this time around. As to professions, yes, you can do all of them, but apparently you only get a set amount of skill points between them? So if I want to actually be any good, I think I'll focus on Clothing and Provisioning. Jury's out on whether my next focus will be Blacksmithing, Alchemy, or Enchanting. Yes, I am aware I named all but one. Indecision, ahoy!

And I'm currently level 6. I'm getting up there. Slowly. There's currently a quest-breaking bug in my way, but I'll get through it some day! I believe.
Click my pixel babies?

(I should acquire more pixel babies.)
I think I might have seen you running around today at some point!
...but I might not have. I saw a lot of fantastically named Argonians today.

BUT.
Hello, Daggerfall Covenant is most certainly the best alliance.

I have two mains, a Breton Sorcerer by the name of Matthew Gaerwing. He specializes in Storm Calling magic, and focuses on Clothing and Enchanting as far as crafting goes. His home is the good ol' Daggerfall Covenant, but being a part of the Mage's Guild, he doesn't particularly care about the war.
My other one is an Imperial Templar by the name of Gaius Ruso. I'm trying to learn Healing with him, and he focuses on Blacksmithing and Alchemy. His home is the Ebonheart Pact, and is anxious to get back to Cyrodiil.

I've also got an Argonian Nightblade by the name of Turns-Through-Time. I actually haven't gotten him out of the Wailing Prison yet, so I don't know what I'm going to have him specialize in. But I do know that Blacksmithing and Clothing will be his crafting focuses. He also finds his home in the Ebonheart Pact, and I will be going Vampire with him and anxiously await the inclusion of the Dark Brotherhood.
And finally, there's a Khajiit Nightblade by the name of Sovereign Slayer. He also has yet to get out of prison, and like Time, I don't know what his specialization will be. Blacksmithing will be his crafting focus, though. His home is the Aldmeri Dominion, and he can't wait to get to Cyrodiil to get in on the action. The awaiting for the Dark Brotherhood is twice as strong.

I also do the RP thing. At least I'd like to, but I'm mildly intimidated, because I've never RPed in this kind of setting before.

What quest is broken for you, if you don't mind me asking?
I think I might have seen you running around today at some point!
...but I might not have. I saw a lot of fantastically named Argonians today.

BUT.
Hello, Daggerfall Covenant is most certainly the best alliance.

I have two mains, a Breton Sorcerer by the name of Matthew Gaerwing. He specializes in Storm Calling magic, and focuses on Clothing and Enchanting as far as crafting goes. His home is the good ol' Daggerfall Covenant, but being a part of the Mage's Guild, he doesn't particularly care about the war.
My other one is an Imperial Templar by the name of Gaius Ruso. I'm trying to learn Healing with him, and he focuses on Blacksmithing and Alchemy. His home is the Ebonheart Pact, and is anxious to get back to Cyrodiil.

I've also got an Argonian Nightblade by the name of Turns-Through-Time. I actually haven't gotten him out of the Wailing Prison yet, so I don't know what I'm going to have him specialize in. But I do know that Blacksmithing and Clothing will be his crafting focuses. He also finds his home in the Ebonheart Pact, and I will be going Vampire with him and anxiously await the inclusion of the Dark Brotherhood.
And finally, there's a Khajiit Nightblade by the name of Sovereign Slayer. He also has yet to get out of prison, and like Time, I don't know what his specialization will be. Blacksmithing will be his crafting focus, though. His home is the Aldmeri Dominion, and he can't wait to get to Cyrodiil to get in on the action. The awaiting for the Dark Brotherhood is twice as strong.

I also do the RP thing. At least I'd like to, but I'm mildly intimidated, because I've never RPed in this kind of setting before.

What quest is broken for you, if you don't mind me asking?
5SmYW3I.png
[/url]
@DepravityInBlack

Yes. Yes. YES!

Got in during the 5-day headstart myself and got a bunch of characters made. The ones currently leveled up the most are my khajiit nightblade Jazaya and my wood elf night blade Laresa - Aldmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant respectively. I tend to play sneaky, thieving assassin archers in TES, so it seemed a good fit.

The ones I plan on having the most fun on are my Argonian templars Sings-With-Mourning and Dancer-of-Shadows (both Ebonheart pact). I'm actually planning on blogging my leveling experience with Sings in an RP tumblr, once I finish getting everything set up and my character history straightened out. Argonian lore (what little there is) is fascinating. I'd suggest watching shoddycasts' lore series if you're interested.

As for pvp, haven't done it yet but definitely checking it out. I hated WoW pvp - it was absolutely abysmal trying to break into it as a healer. I'm hoping the pvp is more like Warhammer Online - game was as buggy as anything, but the pvp was epic.
@DepravityInBlack

Yes. Yes. YES!

Got in during the 5-day headstart myself and got a bunch of characters made. The ones currently leveled up the most are my khajiit nightblade Jazaya and my wood elf night blade Laresa - Aldmeri Dominion and Daggerfall Covenant respectively. I tend to play sneaky, thieving assassin archers in TES, so it seemed a good fit.

The ones I plan on having the most fun on are my Argonian templars Sings-With-Mourning and Dancer-of-Shadows (both Ebonheart pact). I'm actually planning on blogging my leveling experience with Sings in an RP tumblr, once I finish getting everything set up and my character history straightened out. Argonian lore (what little there is) is fascinating. I'd suggest watching shoddycasts' lore series if you're interested.

As for pvp, haven't done it yet but definitely checking it out. I hated WoW pvp - it was absolutely abysmal trying to break into it as a healer. I'm hoping the pvp is more like Warhammer Online - game was as buggy as anything, but the pvp was epic.
@Shin

Oh I'd love to see that tumblr once you get it up and running!
I had been thinking about doing something similar with Matthew.
@Shin

Oh I'd love to see that tumblr once you get it up and running!
I had been thinking about doing something similar with Matthew.
5SmYW3I.png
[/url]
@Shin

The blog idea is extremely cool. I meant to do that myself, but I have awful commitment issues with that sort of thing - I'll blow through Stros M'kai and realize I forgot to screenshot or otherwise document anything. Oops. You should totally link your blog when it's ready, that's rad. As for PvP heals in WoW, it was a total crapshoot. I tried it a couple times before realizing I literally had no idea what I was doing and was just lurking around by the flag carrier tossing random heals at random people. The "games" were fun, like Capture the Flag and Node capture and stuff, but the organization was abysmal. Had I stuck with WoW, I might have rerolled and gotten into a PvP guild or something, but WoW stopped being fun for me years ago - pretty much when Cataclysm launched. Wonderful new zones and quests! Average everything else.

@Viperiform

I definitely logged in right at launch to nab that name. :D If I decide to RP with him, he probably won't care too much about the war, either, but will wholeheartedly support it as it makes for great corpse looting. He steals your stuff, pretty basic. With fantasy MMO RP, it's pretty hard to go wrong. I played RP servers exclusively in WoW and ran a large RP guild at one point (and was a part of several other Heavy RP guilds) and there's always people willing to help you out if needed. RP will be clunky and awkward at first in any new game, but it'll solidify as the game grows. I'm a bit worried about what the megaserver will mean for RP, though - lack of a specific place for roleplayers to gather will mean very few IC people to interact with and a lot of griefing. I'm afraid that if this continues, RP will just not be a thing in ESO.

The quest to get Jakarn out of The Grave was broken - Irien wouldn't spawn, and I didn't want to go through it without getting all the crew members. I just kept checking back, though, and eventually she popped up.
@Shin

The blog idea is extremely cool. I meant to do that myself, but I have awful commitment issues with that sort of thing - I'll blow through Stros M'kai and realize I forgot to screenshot or otherwise document anything. Oops. You should totally link your blog when it's ready, that's rad. As for PvP heals in WoW, it was a total crapshoot. I tried it a couple times before realizing I literally had no idea what I was doing and was just lurking around by the flag carrier tossing random heals at random people. The "games" were fun, like Capture the Flag and Node capture and stuff, but the organization was abysmal. Had I stuck with WoW, I might have rerolled and gotten into a PvP guild or something, but WoW stopped being fun for me years ago - pretty much when Cataclysm launched. Wonderful new zones and quests! Average everything else.

@Viperiform

I definitely logged in right at launch to nab that name. :D If I decide to RP with him, he probably won't care too much about the war, either, but will wholeheartedly support it as it makes for great corpse looting. He steals your stuff, pretty basic. With fantasy MMO RP, it's pretty hard to go wrong. I played RP servers exclusively in WoW and ran a large RP guild at one point (and was a part of several other Heavy RP guilds) and there's always people willing to help you out if needed. RP will be clunky and awkward at first in any new game, but it'll solidify as the game grows. I'm a bit worried about what the megaserver will mean for RP, though - lack of a specific place for roleplayers to gather will mean very few IC people to interact with and a lot of griefing. I'm afraid that if this continues, RP will just not be a thing in ESO.

The quest to get Jakarn out of The Grave was broken - Irien wouldn't spawn, and I didn't want to go through it without getting all the crew members. I just kept checking back, though, and eventually she popped up.
Click my pixel babies?

Early access here but unfortunately I haven't had much time to play yet *cries*

I have two mains: first is my dunmer Dirandrys Shamidamael who is part of the Aldmeri Dominion. He'd already created but still stuck in the prison because I'm waiting for my RP friend to get her butt in action and buy the game as well so we can play together. I've been RPing Di with her altmer way before ESO even released, so yeah.

My other main is my Khajiit Tsavari Mahrikar, who is in the Ebonheart Pact.

Both Tsavari and Di are nightblades, but Tsavari mainly dual wields whereas Di is mostly proficient with a bow (or will be anyway, he was in the betas).

I like to RP a lot in game and take my time exploring so there's that too ^_^ And Di will probably get an tumblr blog once I actively start playing him, because I've already RPed him before I already have some (silly) art done based on whatever silly stuff he and my friend's snobby altmer experienced (plus I have a commission on the way!). Oh, and Di is gonna be a werewolf as well at some point.
Early access here but unfortunately I haven't had much time to play yet *cries*

I have two mains: first is my dunmer Dirandrys Shamidamael who is part of the Aldmeri Dominion. He'd already created but still stuck in the prison because I'm waiting for my RP friend to get her butt in action and buy the game as well so we can play together. I've been RPing Di with her altmer way before ESO even released, so yeah.

My other main is my Khajiit Tsavari Mahrikar, who is in the Ebonheart Pact.

Both Tsavari and Di are nightblades, but Tsavari mainly dual wields whereas Di is mostly proficient with a bow (or will be anyway, he was in the betas).

I like to RP a lot in game and take my time exploring so there's that too ^_^ And Di will probably get an tumblr blog once I actively start playing him, because I've already RPed him before I already have some (silly) art done based on whatever silly stuff he and my friend's snobby altmer experienced (plus I have a commission on the way!). Oh, and Di is gonna be a werewolf as well at some point.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
@DepravityInBlack @Viperiform

I'll definitely link it once it's up and running. Mostly right now I'm brushing up on lore then I'm going to play on EP for a bit to get a better ear for Argonian speech patterns. I'm hoping to have everything done and ready to start up in a week (life permitting). I just wish it were more clear if Argonians were hatched (which seems the most likely indicator) or live-birthed.

@DepravityInBlack

Well, the healing part wasn't too bad once you got used to it - it's nothing like healing in pve, especially given the lack of any sort of strategy. The problem was that no one would attempt to peel anyone from the healers on their side, so once you got found out you were on your own. In Warhammer, if you were a healer and you were attacked, there was an 80% chance at least two or three of your teammates would bum-rush the attacker to save you. Once Healers Have to Die came out in WoW - well - I gave up trying. No point in playing a game where you were lit up to the enemy team the moment you cast a heal spell and ganked by a mob. All the while your teammates are ignoring you and screaming about the lack of heals. =/

But I digress, I consider ESO to be a fresh start for me, and I'm really enjoying it so far. The game is gorgeous cranked up to max; the combat is enough like Skyrim to be fairly intuitive; and in true TES fashion I find myself going out to do one thing and an hour later I still haven't done it, but I'm halfway across the map having done other stuff because I saw something shiny, went "ooo, what is that?!" and never looked back. It's led me to finding some awesome vistas, places to jump around, and quiet spots I can see as being good for roleplay without worrying about griefers. Oh, and naturally hidden dungeons and random quests I wouldn't have found otherwise. This is definitely a game to take your time on rather than rush to max, like I felt I always had to do on other mmos.
@DepravityInBlack @Viperiform

I'll definitely link it once it's up and running. Mostly right now I'm brushing up on lore then I'm going to play on EP for a bit to get a better ear for Argonian speech patterns. I'm hoping to have everything done and ready to start up in a week (life permitting). I just wish it were more clear if Argonians were hatched (which seems the most likely indicator) or live-birthed.

@DepravityInBlack

Well, the healing part wasn't too bad once you got used to it - it's nothing like healing in pve, especially given the lack of any sort of strategy. The problem was that no one would attempt to peel anyone from the healers on their side, so once you got found out you were on your own. In Warhammer, if you were a healer and you were attacked, there was an 80% chance at least two or three of your teammates would bum-rush the attacker to save you. Once Healers Have to Die came out in WoW - well - I gave up trying. No point in playing a game where you were lit up to the enemy team the moment you cast a heal spell and ganked by a mob. All the while your teammates are ignoring you and screaming about the lack of heals. =/

But I digress, I consider ESO to be a fresh start for me, and I'm really enjoying it so far. The game is gorgeous cranked up to max; the combat is enough like Skyrim to be fairly intuitive; and in true TES fashion I find myself going out to do one thing and an hour later I still haven't done it, but I'm halfway across the map having done other stuff because I saw something shiny, went "ooo, what is that?!" and never looked back. It's led me to finding some awesome vistas, places to jump around, and quiet spots I can see as being good for roleplay without worrying about griefers. Oh, and naturally hidden dungeons and random quests I wouldn't have found otherwise. This is definitely a game to take your time on rather than rush to max, like I felt I always had to do on other mmos.
@Shin

Argonians are hatched, yep. They use the phrase "egg-brother" or "egg-sister" a lot. I've heard someone say something about when they "first hatched" in Skyrim, I think. May have been the Dark Brotherhood guy, not sure. Speech patterns are pretty standard, more in line with their human and mer counterparts than, say, Khajiit, who are more likely to use third person, although even they vary greatly depending on where they grew up. A Cyrodillic Khajiit (and, by extention, probably Argonian) will talk in a more standard Imperial fashion than one from Elsweyr (or Black Marsh). Actually getting to Black Marsh will help a lot, but I won't be able to do that on my Daggerfall Covenant Argonian - I'll have to roll someone from Ebonheart for that. I was going to roll a Breton Sorcerer, so maybe I'll do that.

As it stands, I now have a Redguard Dragon Knight who's still in the prison, but I'll probably keep her because she looks mega cool, and my Argonian dude, and an Altmer healy-type but I think I'll reroll her because she's lame. I decided to skip the prison for that, but not getting the armor/recipe/weapon drops sucks, so I'll reroll for that purpose.

Also, I guess every Elder Scrolls game is going to begin with incarceration? I'm sensing a pattern.
@Shin

Argonians are hatched, yep. They use the phrase "egg-brother" or "egg-sister" a lot. I've heard someone say something about when they "first hatched" in Skyrim, I think. May have been the Dark Brotherhood guy, not sure. Speech patterns are pretty standard, more in line with their human and mer counterparts than, say, Khajiit, who are more likely to use third person, although even they vary greatly depending on where they grew up. A Cyrodillic Khajiit (and, by extention, probably Argonian) will talk in a more standard Imperial fashion than one from Elsweyr (or Black Marsh). Actually getting to Black Marsh will help a lot, but I won't be able to do that on my Daggerfall Covenant Argonian - I'll have to roll someone from Ebonheart for that. I was going to roll a Breton Sorcerer, so maybe I'll do that.

As it stands, I now have a Redguard Dragon Knight who's still in the prison, but I'll probably keep her because she looks mega cool, and my Argonian dude, and an Altmer healy-type but I think I'll reroll her because she's lame. I decided to skip the prison for that, but not getting the armor/recipe/weapon drops sucks, so I'll reroll for that purpose.

Also, I guess every Elder Scrolls game is going to begin with incarceration? I'm sensing a pattern.
Click my pixel babies?

I never pre-ordered because I've got serious doubts my laptop is capable of handling ESO and I currently don't own a Windows PC, but Is it still possible to buy the collector's edition? I've heard that after pre-order your stuck with whatever alliance your race is apart of according to the lore.
I never pre-ordered because I've got serious doubts my laptop is capable of handling ESO and I currently don't own a Windows PC, but Is it still possible to buy the collector's edition? I've heard that after pre-order your stuck with whatever alliance your race is apart of according to the lore.
sQ35KLV.png
@Macaw

Yes, it's still possible. You won't get any of the pre-order bonuses, but it's possible to upgrade standard edition to imperial edition right in the online shop.
@Macaw

Yes, it's still possible. You won't get any of the pre-order bonuses, but it's possible to upgrade standard edition to imperial edition right in the online shop.
1 2 3