Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | WINTER SOLDIER *screams*
1 2 3 4
*rips off your steering wheel* [img]http://moviesblog.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/movies/2014/02/6lrlf.gif[/img] A sort of pre-emptive thread for discussion of the movie that comes out in two weeks. Some cities in the U.S. are screening it early (which is why I've seen it already, my roommate won free tickets). When the Winter Soldier's identity was revealed on-screen, the entire theater gasped. On the one hand, the scene was [i]very[/i] well done and the reveal was well timed. On the other hand...how in the hell did you manage to avoid something that in comics is considered common knowledge! The frickin' IMDB page would have spoiled it. The entire movie was perfectly paced and a step up, I think, from the first. Definitely worth the two hours standing in line hoping there would be enough room for us.
*rips off your steering wheel*
6lrlf.gif

A sort of pre-emptive thread for discussion of the movie that comes out in two weeks. Some cities in the U.S. are screening it early (which is why I've seen it already, my roommate won free tickets).

When the Winter Soldier's identity was revealed on-screen, the entire theater gasped. On the one hand, the scene was very well done and the reveal was well timed. On the other hand...how in the hell did you manage to avoid something that in comics is considered common knowledge! The frickin' IMDB page would have spoiled it.

The entire movie was perfectly paced and a step up, I think, from the first. Definitely worth the two hours standing in line hoping there would be enough room for us.
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
@klinneah I am so excited for this movie **can't wait** comes out in a week over here in the UK, but I don't know if I'll be able to see it on opening night =(

me and my mates have watched the avengers and ironman 3 last week and will watch thor 2 again this week to get ready for it! XD
@klinneah I am so excited for this movie **can't wait** comes out in a week over here in the UK, but I don't know if I'll be able to see it on opening night =(

me and my mates have watched the avengers and ironman 3 last week and will watch thor 2 again this week to get ready for it! XD
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
@SaF it's sooooooooooo worth it. Outshines the first Cap movie by far, and that's saying something considering The First Avenger was my favorite out of Phase 1. I think it did a much better job of being character-driven and also having layers upon layers of convoluted plotting, scheming, and morality politics. Some of the soliloquies kind of reminded me of Assassin's Creed with the "freedom vs. order" theme.

Lol and now that I'm looking at that gif I can tell they used a different scene for the trailer then for the final cut.
@SaF it's sooooooooooo worth it. Outshines the first Cap movie by far, and that's saying something considering The First Avenger was my favorite out of Phase 1. I think it did a much better job of being character-driven and also having layers upon layers of convoluted plotting, scheming, and morality politics. Some of the soliloquies kind of reminded me of Assassin's Creed with the "freedom vs. order" theme.

Lol and now that I'm looking at that gif I can tell they used a different scene for the trailer then for the final cut.
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
eeeeeeeeeee
I'm really excited for it and can't wait. nvn
eeeeeeeeeee
I'm really excited for it and can't wait. nvn
(they/them/their or ve/ver/vis)
9.png5.png3.png
@tilukonfdz yes good excite is good this movie was so amazing [img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4v4pzYl7a1r3zat8.gif[/img]
@tilukonfdz yes good excite is good this movie was so amazing

tumblr_m4v4pzYl7a1r3zat8.gif
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
So I went to go see this movie. Again. The second viewing was even better than the first.

BTW did anyone catch the second credits scene? I caught the first one in the middle of the credits but not the second one at the end.
So I went to go see this movie. Again. The second viewing was even better than the first.

BTW did anyone catch the second credits scene? I caught the first one in the middle of the credits but not the second one at the end.
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
Saw it last Thursday. Loved the movie, LOOOOOVED IT. And I seriously wonder how the insane things that happen in this movie are going to affect Avengers 2 and Agents of SHIELD, because HOLY CRAP.

I'm not a huge Cap fan, I enjoyed the first movie but he's not my favorite Avenger... but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, especially during the second half. Fantastic movie, THIS is how you do sequels!

Also, to those who plan to go and don't know yet, THERE ARE TWO AFTER CREDIT SCENES! Be sure to watch them both!

I want to see it again ;_;
Saw it last Thursday. Loved the movie, LOOOOOVED IT. And I seriously wonder how the insane things that happen in this movie are going to affect Avengers 2 and Agents of SHIELD, because HOLY CRAP.

I'm not a huge Cap fan, I enjoyed the first movie but he's not my favorite Avenger... but I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, especially during the second half. Fantastic movie, THIS is how you do sequels!

Also, to those who plan to go and don't know yet, THERE ARE TWO AFTER CREDIT SCENES! Be sure to watch them both!

I want to see it again ;_;
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
@Endee I know this coming episode of Agents of SHIELD (Tuesday April 8) is supposed to directly tie into the movie.

If you haven't had a chance to see the movie by Tuesday don't watch the episode! It will have spoilers!
@Endee I know this coming episode of Agents of SHIELD (Tuesday April 8) is supposed to directly tie into the movie.

If you haven't had a chance to see the movie by Tuesday don't watch the episode! It will have spoilers!
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
Just saw it yesterday. Soooo good. Love the little nods they had to characters from other comics as well.

This makes me very excited for what is to come!
Just saw it yesterday. Soooo good. Love the little nods they had to characters from other comics as well.

This makes me very excited for what is to come!
9axZbRl.png
@klinneah Good to know. We're a little bit behind on Agents of Shield though (I'm not in America). We get our episodes on Sunday and had the one with Sif and Lorelei last night, so I dunno when the one you mentioned is gonna be... but I'm so excited for it!

I love being a part of this fandom, it's so awesome ;A;
@klinneah Good to know. We're a little bit behind on Agents of Shield though (I'm not in America). We get our episodes on Sunday and had the one with Sif and Lorelei last night, so I dunno when the one you mentioned is gonna be... but I'm so excited for it!

I love being a part of this fandom, it's so awesome ;A;
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
1 2 3 4