Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 120 121
@sylvandyr

Ah geez, why is my Arcane mage so difficult, haha... Would the Arcane (though she would be a GC at this point) be better in Golem Workshop or still in Kelp Beds? I'm not entirely certain anymore due to a large hiatus I took, but I believe that in golem workshop, it'd be best to have a wind mage, an arcane GC and a lightning GC? Correct me if I'm wrong...

In a similar way... in Kelp Beds, is it best to have plague/nature/water??

I'm planning on eventually have a three dragon team for GW, a two/three dragon team for KB (probably two, if possible? that way I can drag one fodder dragon in there when I'm bored and get nice nice apparel.... hopefully), a one dragon for mire (unless two is needed due to lower vitality stats compared to the 115 build), and one for the ruins.

Altogether, like 6-8 dragons. That's a lot of dragons that need to be levelled, statted, stoned, and for some, tinct'ed (what is that term?? tinctured of disi--.. i give up.) Thanks again for all your help.

I think I might've locked down on a level 12 water dragon, so hopefully the sale goes through. Hopefully.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
@sylvandyr

Ah geez, why is my Arcane mage so difficult, haha... Would the Arcane (though she would be a GC at this point) be better in Golem Workshop or still in Kelp Beds? I'm not entirely certain anymore due to a large hiatus I took, but I believe that in golem workshop, it'd be best to have a wind mage, an arcane GC and a lightning GC? Correct me if I'm wrong...

In a similar way... in Kelp Beds, is it best to have plague/nature/water??

I'm planning on eventually have a three dragon team for GW, a two/three dragon team for KB (probably two, if possible? that way I can drag one fodder dragon in there when I'm bored and get nice nice apparel.... hopefully), a one dragon for mire (unless two is needed due to lower vitality stats compared to the 115 build), and one for the ruins.

Altogether, like 6-8 dragons. That's a lot of dragons that need to be levelled, statted, stoned, and for some, tinct'ed (what is that term?? tinctured of disi--.. i give up.) Thanks again for all your help.

I think I might've locked down on a level 12 water dragon, so hopefully the sale goes through. Hopefully.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
holli, she/her
@HolliKyo - I wish I had better news for your Arcane girl. :( Hm, it depends what you want to do with her in the Golem Workshop. If you like to bring a fodder in and only use two trainers, I'd say no, that's not workable; the Wind golems are fast and will lay the hurt on her, and the Earth boss will destroy her. However, if you're using her to grind the workshop with 3 dragons like you mentioned, I'd say you don't even need to respec her, just bring her in as a healer. She'll fit in fine there.

In the Kelp Beds, I think both Plague and Nature are good. I think Water is half a tier below those two. Kiena recommends Plague because they take reduced damage against the Shadow mages (fastest in the zone). Also, the Plague ones have the option of not putting up Reflect against the Plague boss.

My personal defensive favorite used to be Nature because of the way the packs worked out and how I was able to take reduced damage from Arcane and Nature sources, but even though Nature is fine with Reflect against the bosses, it's really a bit faster to be able to take hits from one of the bosses without having to use Reflect. (Reflect takes more Breath than Eliminate does.)

You should use Plague for the two-dragon team in Kelp Beds! I think that works out better for you anyway since you said your rules for Nature dragons are strict?

Good luck getting that Water dragon. :)
@HolliKyo - I wish I had better news for your Arcane girl. :( Hm, it depends what you want to do with her in the Golem Workshop. If you like to bring a fodder in and only use two trainers, I'd say no, that's not workable; the Wind golems are fast and will lay the hurt on her, and the Earth boss will destroy her. However, if you're using her to grind the workshop with 3 dragons like you mentioned, I'd say you don't even need to respec her, just bring her in as a healer. She'll fit in fine there.

In the Kelp Beds, I think both Plague and Nature are good. I think Water is half a tier below those two. Kiena recommends Plague because they take reduced damage against the Shadow mages (fastest in the zone). Also, the Plague ones have the option of not putting up Reflect against the Plague boss.

My personal defensive favorite used to be Nature because of the way the packs worked out and how I was able to take reduced damage from Arcane and Nature sources, but even though Nature is fine with Reflect against the bosses, it's really a bit faster to be able to take hits from one of the bosses without having to use Reflect. (Reflect takes more Breath than Eliminate does.)

You should use Plague for the two-dragon team in Kelp Beds! I think that works out better for you anyway since you said your rules for Nature dragons are strict?

Good luck getting that Water dragon. :)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@sylvandyr
Alright! I was thinking that she'd do find in GW in a team of three, but I was also thinking that since Arcane's "special" thing-- Enfeeble-- is basically useless, that I should train some wind dragon or some other dragon to be the mage for a more... useful skill.

I wouldn't mind restatting/stoning her, but I guess I'm wondering if it's worth it? In my mind mage stones are super cheap, and after all of my exalting and what not, money isn't a super big problem for me-- especially if MORE money is coming my way via farming. Currently her build is contuse/enfeeble/aid/concentration, but I've been thinking of swapping out concentration for something else.

Regarding Kelp Beds-- I'm not too familiar with it yet (I only have one KB farmer and have been working on getting the second by training them with my Mire trainer), but are the bosses the one's with the skill reflect, or do your dragons have it built in their build?

I just got a water dragon and am trying to train her. Not going too hot, but I'll get there. Think about the profits.
@sylvandyr
Alright! I was thinking that she'd do find in GW in a team of three, but I was also thinking that since Arcane's "special" thing-- Enfeeble-- is basically useless, that I should train some wind dragon or some other dragon to be the mage for a more... useful skill.

I wouldn't mind restatting/stoning her, but I guess I'm wondering if it's worth it? In my mind mage stones are super cheap, and after all of my exalting and what not, money isn't a super big problem for me-- especially if MORE money is coming my way via farming. Currently her build is contuse/enfeeble/aid/concentration, but I've been thinking of swapping out concentration for something else.

Regarding Kelp Beds-- I'm not too familiar with it yet (I only have one KB farmer and have been working on getting the second by training them with my Mire trainer), but are the bosses the one's with the skill reflect, or do your dragons have it built in their build?

I just got a water dragon and am trying to train her. Not going too hot, but I'll get there. Think about the profits.
holli, she/her
@HolliKyo - You wouldn't need to use the skill so much in the Workshop, Meditate / Contuse / Aid / Rally should be what you use most of the time. :) Whether you need Rally or not depends on what build you use for the physicals. I run with a specialized build so I only cast Rally on one dragon for the hounds if I need to. Anyway, if your mage has 127 INT, her Contuse will be good enough to substitute as Scratch for the Eliminates.

I think if you're not in absolute dire need to use her, I wouldn't bother to restat her. I also would not purposely level up or restat a different mage if she's useable for you in the workshop. She really just needs to be there to heal and to soak up the Ambush turn. (You should have at least one Ambush on her. I use two on my mage, but I have a very aggressive GW build with a specific element setup and results may vary for you.)

For the Kelp Beds, your dragons are the ones that must equip Reflect. If you don't have Reflect, the bosses will hurt a ton. Note that Reflect can only be cast on one target at a time, so you need each dragon to have Reflect for itself.

Good luck with the Water dragon! The new venue is fancy. :)
@HolliKyo - You wouldn't need to use the skill so much in the Workshop, Meditate / Contuse / Aid / Rally should be what you use most of the time. :) Whether you need Rally or not depends on what build you use for the physicals. I run with a specialized build so I only cast Rally on one dragon for the hounds if I need to. Anyway, if your mage has 127 INT, her Contuse will be good enough to substitute as Scratch for the Eliminates.

I think if you're not in absolute dire need to use her, I wouldn't bother to restat her. I also would not purposely level up or restat a different mage if she's useable for you in the workshop. She really just needs to be there to heal and to soak up the Ambush turn. (You should have at least one Ambush on her. I use two on my mage, but I have a very aggressive GW build with a specific element setup and results may vary for you.)

For the Kelp Beds, your dragons are the ones that must equip Reflect. If you don't have Reflect, the bosses will hurt a ton. Note that Reflect can only be cast on one target at a time, so you need each dragon to have Reflect for itself.

Good luck with the Water dragon! The new venue is fancy. :)
very helpful guide thanks!
very helpful guide thanks!
@sylvandyr

Just got my water dragon up to level 25! So I know the build is 115 STR / 76 QCK / 17 VIT, but is there anything else I should know? Right now I have her with haste, eliminate, and rally. My other dragons have "sap"... is that fine as well or is there something else I should give her?

Also: You mentioned that my Kelp Bed farmer(s) should have reflect. Right now my one plague farmer is haste, eliminate, rally, sap. Should I replace sap with reflect? And do both farmers need reflect or should one of them only have it? I plan on using the Kelp Bed farmers in other areas as well-- I'm assuming this would be okay? My farmer's build is 126 STR / 58 QCK / 11 VIT ... Is this specifically recommended only for Kelp Beds or should he be fine in other regions?

Also: Do you know of any guides for Golem Workshop builds?

Basically, here are my farming dragons.
Useless Arcane Mage
117 STR Mire Arcane
Ruins Water Dragon
126 Plague Kelp Bed Farmer
In-Progress Plague Kelp Bed Farmer

I'm hoping this is enough... but I think there's a 129 STR general farming build, and if necessary I can change my Plague's to that build. Or should I have different flights as my farmers? Should I have 2 KB farmers and 2 other farmers? The coli is a mystery.. thank you for helping me sort it out.
@sylvandyr

Just got my water dragon up to level 25! So I know the build is 115 STR / 76 QCK / 17 VIT, but is there anything else I should know? Right now I have her with haste, eliminate, and rally. My other dragons have "sap"... is that fine as well or is there something else I should give her?

Also: You mentioned that my Kelp Bed farmer(s) should have reflect. Right now my one plague farmer is haste, eliminate, rally, sap. Should I replace sap with reflect? And do both farmers need reflect or should one of them only have it? I plan on using the Kelp Bed farmers in other areas as well-- I'm assuming this would be okay? My farmer's build is 126 STR / 58 QCK / 11 VIT ... Is this specifically recommended only for Kelp Beds or should he be fine in other regions?

Also: Do you know of any guides for Golem Workshop builds?

Basically, here are my farming dragons.
Useless Arcane Mage
117 STR Mire Arcane
Ruins Water Dragon
126 Plague Kelp Bed Farmer
In-Progress Plague Kelp Bed Farmer

I'm hoping this is enough... but I think there's a 129 STR general farming build, and if necessary I can change my Plague's to that build. Or should I have different flights as my farmers? Should I have 2 KB farmers and 2 other farmers? The coli is a mystery.. thank you for helping me sort it out.
holli, she/her
@HolliKyo

1. Sap is fine for your Ghostlight Ruins trainer. :) Wave Slash isn't super effective against the boss, so no point in getting that. I think Shred would be an option if you want to try to fight the bosses at full health / breath, but I wouldn't recommend it unless at least one of your trainees is higher level with the VIT to absorb multiple hits. It's down to personal preference and I really like Sap if used well.

2. Reflect is needed on both trainers. If you cast two Reflect in a row from the same dragon, the first one goes away. You should replace Haste. Haste is amazing but is most useful when solo training.

3. 126 STR / 58 QCK / 11 VIT is fine for farming most regions. You'd want higher STR for Golem Workshop or Harpy's Roost, but if you have 3 farmers, you should be fine anywhere. When using 3 dragons, I don't think element matters too much. Having some 129 STR and maybe 133 STR farmer options may be nice but it depends how many lv25s you have. You can make do without, though some will make farming faster.

4. There are a few Golem Workshop guides out there saying different stuff, but I didn't save the links. The gist of it is: Get 2 physicaldragons with STR levels that you like. Use a healer (with at least 1 Ambush) as the third, putting it in the top slot so it loses the bugged turn and not your physicals.

Healer only needs: Meditate, Contuse, Aid, Rally. If you have a super effective vs boss element, add the elemental attack.

Physicals need: Scratch, Eliminate, Sap, Rally (optional if poor but very good to have on everyone). The last stone should be an elemental slash IF effective against a boss, otherwise it can be empty or Shred if you like.

I don't think my specialized Golem Workshop farming setup is an option for you since you lack Nature dragons, or I'd link you. It's in this guide somewhere, maybe between pages 50-60. I use these dragons, very deliberate elements / STR / QCK / INT exact stats.

[Mage] [Physical] [Physical]

I strongly favor 129 STR setups for my playstyle in the Workshop, but 133 STR can work if you don't want to remember to Rally or double Scratch the hounds and birds.
@HolliKyo

1. Sap is fine for your Ghostlight Ruins trainer. :) Wave Slash isn't super effective against the boss, so no point in getting that. I think Shred would be an option if you want to try to fight the bosses at full health / breath, but I wouldn't recommend it unless at least one of your trainees is higher level with the VIT to absorb multiple hits. It's down to personal preference and I really like Sap if used well.

2. Reflect is needed on both trainers. If you cast two Reflect in a row from the same dragon, the first one goes away. You should replace Haste. Haste is amazing but is most useful when solo training.

3. 126 STR / 58 QCK / 11 VIT is fine for farming most regions. You'd want higher STR for Golem Workshop or Harpy's Roost, but if you have 3 farmers, you should be fine anywhere. When using 3 dragons, I don't think element matters too much. Having some 129 STR and maybe 133 STR farmer options may be nice but it depends how many lv25s you have. You can make do without, though some will make farming faster.

4. There are a few Golem Workshop guides out there saying different stuff, but I didn't save the links. The gist of it is: Get 2 physicaldragons with STR levels that you like. Use a healer (with at least 1 Ambush) as the third, putting it in the top slot so it loses the bugged turn and not your physicals.

Healer only needs: Meditate, Contuse, Aid, Rally. If you have a super effective vs boss element, add the elemental attack.

Physicals need: Scratch, Eliminate, Sap, Rally (optional if poor but very good to have on everyone). The last stone should be an elemental slash IF effective against a boss, otherwise it can be empty or Shred if you like.

I don't think my specialized Golem Workshop farming setup is an option for you since you lack Nature dragons, or I'd link you. It's in this guide somewhere, maybe between pages 50-60. I use these dragons, very deliberate elements / STR / QCK / INT exact stats.

[Mage] [Physical] [Physical]

I strongly favor 129 STR setups for my playstyle in the Workshop, but 133 STR can work if you don't want to remember to Rally or double Scratch the hounds and birds.
@sylvandyr

Thank you so much! Hopefully I get a nature dragon I like enough to know it'll be a permanent... I regret most of my level 25s honestly. Thanks for all the help! I think I'm about to get started with some builds soon.
@sylvandyr

Thank you so much! Hopefully I get a nature dragon I like enough to know it'll be a permanent... I regret most of my level 25s honestly. Thanks for all the help! I think I'm about to get started with some builds soon.
holli, she/her
@Kiena
Excuse me, I'm a newbie here, what does Rally actually do and how its used?
@Kiena
Excuse me, I'm a newbie here, what does Rally actually do and how its used?
@CaelumCaeleste

you cast rally on any dragon and it increases that dragon's strength by the level of the caster plus 5.

so a level 5 dragon casting rally would increase the boosted dragon's strength by 10 and a level 25 dragon casting rally would increase the boosted dragon's strength by 30.
@CaelumCaeleste

you cast rally on any dragon and it increases that dragon's strength by the level of the caster plus 5.

so a level 5 dragon casting rally would increase the boosted dragon's strength by 10 and a level 25 dragon casting rally would increase the boosted dragon's strength by 30.
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 120 121