Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Hatchling Calculator - Wavecrest
1 2 3 4
Minor Update

The new Starfall gene has been added to the database! It should be available to Aethers and Sandsurges in the hatchling calculator as we speak.

If the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page.

(I'm working on a feature that will reduce the likelihood that you need to clear your cache after a site update; more on that soon.)
Minor Update

The new Starfall gene has been added to the database! It should be available to Aethers and Sandsurges in the hatchling calculator as we speak.

If the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page.

(I'm working on a feature that will reduce the likelihood that you need to clear your cache after a site update; more on that soon.)
Wind House Cup 2023 Superstorm Badge 20x20.png?css=%7B%22opacity%22%3A%220%22%7D&dummyext=.png
Minor Update

Boa and Saddle had a gene expansion! The Hatchling Calculator now allows these two genes on modern breeds, Aberrations, Aethers, Banescale, and Veilspun, in addition to the ancient breeds they were available on before.

Minor Update

Boa and Saddle had a gene expansion! The Hatchling Calculator now allows these two genes on modern breeds, Aberrations, Aethers, Banescale, and Veilspun, in addition to the ancient breeds they were available on before.

Wind House Cup 2023 Superstorm Badge 20x20.png?css=%7B%22opacity%22%3A%220%22%7D&dummyext=.png
Major Update

The new Riot gene has been added to the site and is now available on Aberrations and Gaolers. The expansion of Wish has also been added; it should be available on all modern breeds now.

My apologies for taking so long to get Riot added; life got in the way.

Also, I'm swapping the external pinglists for this thread over to the new on-site pinglist feature!

Subscribe to this Major Updates pinglist to get pings about things like big bug fixes, new features, new tools, and other large changes to the tools.

Subscribe to this Minor Updates pinglist to get pings about things like tiny bug fixes, gene expansions/additions, and other small changes and fixes to the tools.

These pinglists are also available for subscription in the second post of this thread, as they were before.
Major Update

The new Riot gene has been added to the site and is now available on Aberrations and Gaolers. The expansion of Wish has also been added; it should be available on all modern breeds now.

My apologies for taking so long to get Riot added; life got in the way.

Also, I'm swapping the external pinglists for this thread over to the new on-site pinglist feature!

Subscribe to this Major Updates pinglist to get pings about things like big bug fixes, new features, new tools, and other large changes to the tools.

Subscribe to this Minor Updates pinglist to get pings about things like tiny bug fixes, gene expansions/additions, and other small changes and fixes to the tools.

These pinglists are also available for subscription in the second post of this thread, as they were before.
@Kay's FR Tools - Minor Updates

Minor Update

The new Chrysocolla and Malachite genes have been added to the site to match with the "Archaeology - Frozen Age" update!

Minor Update

The new Chrysocolla and Malachite genes have been added to the site to match with the "Archaeology - Frozen Age" update!

[size=2]@pinglist-10122 @pinglist-10123[/size] [size=6][u][b]Major Update[/b][/u][/size] To match with the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3289398]"Ancient Breeds: Auraboa Dragons"[/url] update, the [b]new Auraboa breed[/b] and all its genes, both new and parallel, have been added to the tools! Enjoy the new breed everyone! And may your shiny new breeding pairs avoid wegging you. [emoji=mirror tongue size=1] [center][size=4][emoji=dna size=1] [b][url=https://egad13.github.io/FR-Tools/Hatchling-Calculator/]Click here to go to the Hatchling Calculator! [emoji=dna size=1][/url][/b][/size][/center] As always, if the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page. And if you spot any errors - for example, a gene that shouldn't be on Auraboas showing up for them, or there being a gene missing from the Auraboa list, or an incorrect rarity on a new gene - let me know! DM me, ping me in this thread, open an issue on GitHub, whatever is most convenient.
@Kay's FR Tools - Major Updates

Major Update

To match with the "Ancient Breeds: Auraboa Dragons" update, the new Auraboa breed and all its genes, both new and parallel, have been added to the tools! Enjoy the new breed everyone! And may your shiny new breeding pairs avoid wegging you.

As always, if the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page.

And if you spot any errors - for example, a gene that shouldn't be on Auraboas showing up for them, or there being a gene missing from the Auraboa list, or an incorrect rarity on a new gene - let me know! DM me, ping me in this thread, open an issue on GitHub, whatever is most convenient.
[size=2]@pinglist-10123[/size] [u][size=5]Minor Update[/size][/u] The new [b]Rockbreaker[/b] gene has been added to the site to keep up with the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3292095]"Rockbreaker's Ceremony 2023"[/url] update! Enjoy the festival, everyone. [emoji=mirror happy size=1] As always, if the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page. [center][size=4][emoji=dna size=1] [b][url=https://egad13.github.io/FR-Tools/Hatchling-Calculator/]Click here to go to the Hatchling Calculator! [emoji=dna size=1][/url][/b][/size][/center]

Minor Update

The new Rockbreaker gene has been added to the site to keep up with the "Rockbreaker's Ceremony 2023" update! Enjoy the festival, everyone.

As always, if the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page.
Oh my god. I've been calculating my breeding project chances by hand for AGES I'm so glad I've searched up a tool and found this, you're a saint.
Oh my god. I've been calculating my breeding project chances by hand for AGES I'm so glad I've searched up a tool and found this, you're a saint.
Lupik_Firebreak.pnglupik_pockets.pnglupik_kindling.pnglupik_razzmatazz.png
My permadragons are in first 3 tabs of lair + first 2 tabs of hibden :)
Some dragons have pronouns in their tagline! Please use those if that's the case, ty!
[size=2]@pinglist-10123[/size] [u][size=5]Minor Update - Bug Fixes! [emoji=rhino beetle size=1][/size][/u] There was a critical bug in Firefox v121 which caused the Hatchling Calculator not to function at all; this has now been patched! If you were having issues on Firefox in the past few days, you should try the site again. Additionally, there was an error in the data which was causing Thundercrack not to be available on Sandsurge dragons. This has now been patched. As always, if the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page. And if you ever find a bug, remember to tell me about it, either here on FR or through the Github page! Thank you to the folks who reported these two issues. [center][size=4][emoji=dna size=1] [b][url=https://egad13.github.io/FR-Tools/Hatchling-Calculator/]Click here to go to the Hatchling Calculator! [emoji=dna size=1][/url][/b][/size][/center] There's also been a change to how I load the code on the back end which should [i]vastly[/i] reduce the chance you'll need to clear your cache to see updates to the data such as new/expanded genes. If all is working the site should clean up your cache for you if you haven't visited the site in more than one hour. I may fiddle with the time window of that, but either way, I hope this makes the calculator just a bit more convenient to use. [emoji=mirror happy size=1]

Minor Update - Bug Fixes!

There was a critical bug in Firefox v121 which caused the Hatchling Calculator not to function at all; this has now been patched! If you were having issues on Firefox in the past few days, you should try the site again.

Additionally, there was an error in the data which was causing Thundercrack not to be available on Sandsurge dragons. This has now been patched.

As always, if the changes don't appear for you, clear your browser cache and reload the page. And if you ever find a bug, remember to tell me about it, either here on FR or through the Github page! Thank you to the folks who reported these two issues.

There's also been a change to how I load the code on the back end which should vastly reduce the chance you'll need to clear your cache to see updates to the data such as new/expanded genes. If all is working the site should clean up your cache for you if you haven't visited the site in more than one hour. I may fiddle with the time window of that, but either way, I hope this makes the calculator just a bit more convenient to use.
And thank you for the kind words, Lupik! I'm glad you like the calculator! :D Calculating breeding projects by hand was such a headache for me too, I'm glad I made this lol.
And thank you for the kind words, Lupik! I'm glad you like the calculator! :D Calculating breeding projects by hand was such a headache for me too, I'm glad I made this lol.
Not sure if its my computer or browser but for some reason I can't fill out any of the parents sections, like I click on it and it won't show me any genes or anything.
the hatchling section seems to respond though.

ps. I'm using chrome but also tried the site on safari and it didn't work for either
Not sure if its my computer or browser but for some reason I can't fill out any of the parents sections, like I click on it and it won't show me any genes or anything.
the hatchling section seems to respond though.

ps. I'm using chrome but also tried the site on safari and it didn't work for either
The Hatchery Masterlisttumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.pngAvyQk6b.pngWishlist!~
1 2 3 4