Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Hoard Familiar Bonding in 3 Clicks [New]
1 2
[center] Hey everyone!! I haven't seen a updated Familiar bonding guide since the new layout >:) [size=1](I could be wrong and just missed it but--)[/size] I haveeeeee a [i]LOT[/i] of familiars since I recently started collecting and hoarding them-- SO!! I made a easy little gif guide of how to do hoard familiar bonding in 3 easy clicks. [b][u]STEP 1[/u][/b]: Open [u]two[/u] browser windows [i]next to each other[/i] on your screen to the [u]same dragon[/u]. (for me I have my dragon on the [i]left[/i] and familiar switching page on the [i]right[/i] but I suppose its whatever works best for your orientation, [i][u]However[/u][/i], for this tutorial I'm doing it [i]my way[/i] <3) Make sure to select the NOT BONDED TODAY Filter [img]https://i.imgur.com/uUCTkcx.png[/img] [u][b]STEP 2[/b][/u]: Bond with your current familiar but do [b][u]NOT[/u][/b] click 'close' when the window pops up, instead, go and switch your familiar on the other browser screen, THEN click 'close', it will refresh the page with the swapped familiar [u][b]STEP 3[/b][/u]: Repeat (: simple [size=2](Gif seems to move a bit slower than I recorded it but still shows a handful of swaps, I guess that works out for demonstration purposes anyway. Once you get the rhythm tho it goes pretty smooth and quick)[/size] [img]https://imgur.com/OtGORSt.gif[/img] [size=2][b]vVv [u]A VERY HANDY TIP FROM @Jinoga below as well as my followup[/u] [emoji=ping size=1] !! vVv[/b] [b][u]AND ANOTHER Great [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3207783/1#post_53426510]tip[/url] from @RottingFlesh as well![/u][/b] [/center]
Hey everyone!!

I haven't seen a updated Familiar bonding guide since the new layout >:)
(I could be wrong and just missed it but--)

I haveeeeee a LOT of familiars since I recently started collecting and hoarding them--
SO!! I made a easy little gif guide of how to do hoard familiar bonding in 3 easy clicks.

STEP 1:

Open two browser windows next to each other on your screen to the same dragon. (for me I have my dragon on the left and familiar switching page on the right but I suppose its whatever works best for your orientation, However, for this tutorial I'm doing it my way <3)

Make sure to select the NOT BONDED TODAY Filter

uUCTkcx.png

STEP 2:

Bond with your current familiar but do NOT click 'close' when the window pops up, instead, go and switch your familiar on the other browser screen, THEN click 'close', it will refresh the page with the swapped familiar

STEP 3:

Repeat (: simple

(Gif seems to move a bit slower than I recorded it but still shows a handful of swaps, I guess that works out for demonstration purposes anyway. Once you get the rhythm tho it goes pretty smooth and quick)
OtGORSt.gif

vVv A VERY HANDY TIP FROM @Jinoga below as well as my followup !! vVv

AND ANOTHER Great tip from @RottingFlesh as well!

lBAeamY.gif jYHfyJk.gif
62L9xMb.gif
@SpaceBear This is a really handy guide, thank you for making it! :) One thing I'd like to add is that you can change the window and page sizes to minimize the amount of mouse/wrist movement you have to do between the bond button and familiar selection (I increase the page size of the familiar selection page so that the icons are larger and easier for me to click on/aim for). Here's an image showing what I mean! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452641737551118349/1069195861420150854/image.png[/img] Another thing I'd like to add is that you don't need to press the "Close" button. For me, I like to move my mouse back to the bond button, click it, (but since the bonding popup is still there it won't do anything, this is just so that it changes the window I'm currently on) and hit the refresh key, then bond again. This further minimizes the amount of mouse/wrist movement you have to make!
@SpaceBear

This is a really handy guide, thank you for making it! :)

One thing I'd like to add is that you can change the window and page sizes to minimize the amount of mouse/wrist movement you have to do between the bond button and familiar selection (I increase the page size of the familiar selection page so that the icons are larger and easier for me to click on/aim for). Here's an image showing what I mean!

image.png

Another thing I'd like to add is that you don't need to press the "Close" button. For me, I like to move my mouse back to the bond button, click it, (but since the bonding popup is still there it won't do anything, this is just so that it changes the window I'm currently on) and hit the refresh key, then bond again. This further minimizes the amount of mouse/wrist movement you have to make!
5KyfVO0.png
Y3ss5jo.pngrjlFFu0.pngV4C7iqz.pngvD2mGJA.pngZAD0xZG.pngiuGyQfp.png
VR2c9ts.png
[center] @Jinoga AAA THAT Is a wonderful tip. TO ADD TO IT THO! Made a couple small edits to the post including a shout to your comment~ So im noticing that at least using firefox, resizing the one window does the same to both windows. I was still able to line things up nicely to make this work (: Made another gif showin how that looked, THO The converter i used seemed to slow it down a bit again but its okay, still gets the idea across-- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wi0sOC9.gif[/img]
@Jinoga AAA THAT Is a wonderful tip. TO ADD TO IT THO!

Made a couple small edits to the post including a shout to your comment~

So im noticing that at least using firefox, resizing the one window does the same to both windows. I was still able to line things up nicely to make this work (:

Made another gif showin how that looked, THO The converter i used seemed to slow it down a bit again but its okay, still gets the idea across--

wi0sOC9.gif
lBAeamY.gif jYHfyJk.gif
62L9xMb.gif
I'd also like to add what I've been doing for ages now, and that's opening two tabs and switching between them, which means even less wrist movement. On PC it's Ctrl + tab, and on mac it's cmd + alt + the pointers (if I remember correctly). Works something like this: [img]https://i.postimg.cc/CxDWQHYQ/ezgif-com-crop.gif[/img] It works absolutely best if you have a ton of familiars, cause then you only have to move the mouse from the "Close" button and back to the bond button, because if you position it correctly when you switch tabs you can just click to choose the new familiar and then switch to the bonding tab again.
I'd also like to add what I've been doing for ages now, and that's opening two tabs and switching between them, which means even less wrist movement. On PC it's Ctrl + tab, and on mac it's cmd + alt + the pointers (if I remember correctly). Works something like this:
ezgif-com-crop.gif

It works absolutely best if you have a ton of familiars, cause then you only have to move the mouse from the "Close" button and back to the bond button, because if you position it correctly when you switch tabs you can just click to choose the new familiar and then switch to the bonding tab again.
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
just tried this guide out and it only took me around 20 minutes to finish bonding w my familars vs the 45-1hr I would usually spend. thank you so much!!
just tried this guide out and it only took me around 20 minutes to finish bonding w my familars vs the 45-1hr I would usually spend. thank you so much!!
6347.png » styygian | they/them
» FR + 2
» ENFP
» ID #525623
~ » wishlist
» dragons for sale
@RottingFlesh THAT Is a solid piece of advice, adding a little mention up there to your comment too ahhh <3 that made things move even QUICKER, crazyyyy <:

@styygian yESSSS I LOVE TO HEAR IT!!! And the community just keeps adding solid tips to this too ^^ Got us a solid modern guide to familiar bonding hahahah
@RottingFlesh THAT Is a solid piece of advice, adding a little mention up there to your comment too ahhh <3 that made things move even QUICKER, crazyyyy <:

@styygian yESSSS I LOVE TO HEAR IT!!! And the community just keeps adding solid tips to this too ^^ Got us a solid modern guide to familiar bonding hahahah
lBAeamY.gif jYHfyJk.gif
62L9xMb.gif
Glad to help! I've been mass bonding with my familiars since back in the day so I get the struggle of bonding with 200+ familiars daily lmao
Glad to help! I've been mass bonding with my familiars since back in the day so I get the struggle of bonding with 200+ familiars daily lmao
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
If you play on Mobile, swiping back directly from the 'bonded' window will bring you back to the familiar select screen, which saves you two taps (closing the window and going back to hoard) but the "Not bonded today" search setting doesn't work properly sometimes when you swipe back

It's how I'd get my familiars bonded since it's a lot faster than doing it on my computer, This seems wayyy easier though, so I'll have to try it out tomorrow!
If you play on Mobile, swiping back directly from the 'bonded' window will bring you back to the familiar select screen, which saves you two taps (closing the window and going back to hoard) but the "Not bonded today" search setting doesn't work properly sometimes when you swipe back

It's how I'd get my familiars bonded since it's a lot faster than doing it on my computer, This seems wayyy easier though, so I'll have to try it out tomorrow!
3cfd76cef7c18c67807bba6438d0d1c0eea46682.png Stilll don't know what to put here...

Skin Shop

Wishlist!
Click on my children
[
Super handy!!
Super handy!!
YMPbu9R.png
JupheON.png IrmwTXC.png
this was so helpful !!!! thank you !!!!
this was so helpful !!!! thank you !!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx KHiteiV.png xx
halo | fr + 8