Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Dragon Pricing [GUIDE]
1 2 3
This is so helpful! thank you <3
This is so helpful! thank you <3
42618_1.png MUYNhfy.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png
5hF3FGk.png
IMG_0395_1.png
This is helpful! I plan on making some tweaks on my own but these have been really nice for me to go off of to make my own customized list. I'm terrible at pricing my dragons and this will help me a lot.
This is helpful! I plan on making some tweaks on my own but these have been really nice for me to go off of to make my own customized list. I'm terrible at pricing my dragons and this will help me a lot.
Thank you so much for the guide! It's very helpful <3
Thank you so much for the guide! It's very helpful <3
From the shadows all things came
To the shadows will all return again.
While it was not OP's intention, this guide severely under and over prices dragons. You do not go off the exalting payout for pricing lv 25 dragons. The lowest priced lv 25 on the AH right now is a triple basic G1 going for 225g. Which is 225kt at a 1:1000 ratio. This guide would claim that dragon would only be 78g/kt. This dragon is not stoned or stated, either. You must also consider the amount of time that goes into getting a dragon to 25.

Innocent eyes are 200g on the Gem MP. The lowest non-EY dragon with innocent eyes is 100g while the lowest with EY is 189g and neither have rare genes.

Gene rarity is not considered when pricing dragons. The population is. Having all rare, all gem genes on your dragon does not make them valuable. There are several of these dragons listed at fodder price on the AH. Including XXX ones.

Once, again, OP clearly did not intend to over or under price dragons. They wanted to help and that is honorable. Other than the special eye types, they had good reason to think these were reasonable prices and I can see where the logic came from. And, to be honest, I do wish gene combos were priced on rarity instead of population, but I cannot change that. However, I highly recommend checking the AH for certain combos, effects, and eyes to figure out a price.
While it was not OP's intention, this guide severely under and over prices dragons. You do not go off the exalting payout for pricing lv 25 dragons. The lowest priced lv 25 on the AH right now is a triple basic G1 going for 225g. Which is 225kt at a 1:1000 ratio. This guide would claim that dragon would only be 78g/kt. This dragon is not stoned or stated, either. You must also consider the amount of time that goes into getting a dragon to 25.

Innocent eyes are 200g on the Gem MP. The lowest non-EY dragon with innocent eyes is 100g while the lowest with EY is 189g and neither have rare genes.

Gene rarity is not considered when pricing dragons. The population is. Having all rare, all gem genes on your dragon does not make them valuable. There are several of these dragons listed at fodder price on the AH. Including XXX ones.

Once, again, OP clearly did not intend to over or under price dragons. They wanted to help and that is honorable. Other than the special eye types, they had good reason to think these were reasonable prices and I can see where the logic came from. And, to be honest, I do wish gene combos were priced on rarity instead of population, but I cannot change that. However, I highly recommend checking the AH for certain combos, effects, and eyes to figure out a price.
5QFhSCA.png ______
Psy| FR+2| Vey/Vem/Ver| Quoi
Your local Horsemen obsessed weirdo. Pfp Dragon.
______ tZhMLLB.png
@PsyberConqueror I get what you're saying which is why I made my own tweaks and follow them and I do think folks should be warned of the price variance... but honestly, there's so many times where just checking the AH listings was completely unhelpful due to how subjective a lot of the pricing is and how rapidly it changes.

Not to mention the difference of pricing on the AH vs the forums. Or the many times checking the AH has pulled up zero results to help or one or two similar results where folks have priced their dragons astronomically high for seemingly no reason. Or, as you mentioned, the shrugging off of rare/gem genes being the norm or other seemingly traditional pricing methods that I might disagree with.

For as many times as I've asked how to price dragons, the answer has pretty consistently been the same...no one has a clue. Everyone is flailing. It's frustrating and becomes something I despise about this site when selling dragons is something I want to do consistently.

So yeah, I appreciate guides like this to at least offer a consistent baseline for how to price dragons, a baseline I can tweak as I continue my research.
@PsyberConqueror I get what you're saying which is why I made my own tweaks and follow them and I do think folks should be warned of the price variance... but honestly, there's so many times where just checking the AH listings was completely unhelpful due to how subjective a lot of the pricing is and how rapidly it changes.

Not to mention the difference of pricing on the AH vs the forums. Or the many times checking the AH has pulled up zero results to help or one or two similar results where folks have priced their dragons astronomically high for seemingly no reason. Or, as you mentioned, the shrugging off of rare/gem genes being the norm or other seemingly traditional pricing methods that I might disagree with.

For as many times as I've asked how to price dragons, the answer has pretty consistently been the same...no one has a clue. Everyone is flailing. It's frustrating and becomes something I despise about this site when selling dragons is something I want to do consistently.

So yeah, I appreciate guides like this to at least offer a consistent baseline for how to price dragons, a baseline I can tweak as I continue my research.
@Drakaea I will agree that simply checking the AH can be unhelpful at times, especially when there are no combos. And I do wish there were better ideas about pricing dragons that didn't just come down to "it's fodder". Or the other extreme of pricing something too high for what it is (unless we're talking about the 2Bg/Bt ones... those act more as "advertisements" than serious listings.).

To be honest, my main concern was with new players underpricing lv 25, special eyed, and eternally youthful dragons. I believe the note on using exalting payout to price levels and on eye value should be removed or at least tweaked.

If you want to use a baseline for something, go for it. I'm not against that. It's just important to take them with a grain of salt because something might be undervalued.
@Drakaea I will agree that simply checking the AH can be unhelpful at times, especially when there are no combos. And I do wish there were better ideas about pricing dragons that didn't just come down to "it's fodder". Or the other extreme of pricing something too high for what it is (unless we're talking about the 2Bg/Bt ones... those act more as "advertisements" than serious listings.).

To be honest, my main concern was with new players underpricing lv 25, special eyed, and eternally youthful dragons. I believe the note on using exalting payout to price levels and on eye value should be removed or at least tweaked.

If you want to use a baseline for something, go for it. I'm not against that. It's just important to take them with a grain of salt because something might be undervalued.
5QFhSCA.png ______
Psy| FR+2| Vey/Vem/Ver| Quoi
Your local Horsemen obsessed weirdo. Pfp Dragon.
______ tZhMLLB.png
Coming back to this! Thanks its really helpful!
Coming back to this! Thanks its really helpful!
[quote name="PsyberConqueror" date="2022-02-06 20:53:51" ] [/quote] [size=2]I'll do what I can to look over what you'd offered and what I can adjust. You're certainly right on quite a few points. [*] I think labor should be included in the prices of leveled dragons. Maybe I can add variables for what stones and such are applied to a dragon. [*] "Rarity" of genes was more referring to the amount of dragons with that gene on the AH, how popular it is. There are no real rarity levels to genes and I'm fairly aware of that. It was meant to gauge how flooded the AH is with that gene. [*] I hadn't considered the gold/gem ratio when making this. I'll definitely add a note at the top and incorporate the ratio you provided into values in the future. [*] Checking the AH for each and every gene is going to be rough, considering the dragons are all very, very different. That makes their prices wild. But, I'll see what I can do. It's just going to take a long time to do. [*] The last thing I meant to do was mislead anyone. And, I will do whatever is in my power to correct the mistakes and improve it (within reason). A note will be added to warn people that prices might not be accurate if there's multiple factors at play (such as a dragon that's lvl 15, has Primal eyes, and has a clean lineage). Whatever I can do, I'll try it. Thank you for your support and advice.[/size]
PsyberConqueror wrote on 2022-02-06 20:53:51:
I'll do what I can to look over what you'd offered and what I can adjust.

You're certainly right on quite a few points.
[*] I think labor should be included in the prices of leveled dragons. Maybe I can add variables for what stones and such are applied to a dragon.
[*] "Rarity" of genes was more referring to the amount of dragons with that gene on the AH, how popular it is. There are no real rarity levels to genes and I'm fairly aware of that. It was meant to gauge how flooded the AH is with that gene.
[*] I hadn't considered the gold/gem ratio when making this. I'll definitely add a note at the top and incorporate the ratio you provided into values in the future.
[*] Checking the AH for each and every gene is going to be rough, considering the dragons are all very, very different. That makes their prices wild. But, I'll see what I can do. It's just going to take a long time to do.
[*] The last thing I meant to do was mislead anyone. And, I will do whatever is in my power to correct the mistakes and improve it (within reason). A note will be added to warn people that prices might not be accurate if there's multiple factors at play (such as a dragon that's lvl 15, has Primal eyes, and has a clean lineage). Whatever I can do, I'll try it.

Thank you for your support and advice.
+3 FRT
she/her
bigender
pansexual
DID system "Flight"
Hey, coming back to say thanks again for this! I redid my hatchery and I really appreciated this as a baseline. I do make modifications, mainly for:

- Aberrations
- Hatchlings that took effort to breed, as in I created a pair for them and it's a special setup. So, basically I add a hatchery fee when it makes sense.

I do also try to do a general check for what other sales forum threads are asking for similar dragons.

Still though, this has been an extremely helpful baseline!!
Hey, coming back to say thanks again for this! I redid my hatchery and I really appreciated this as a baseline. I do make modifications, mainly for:

- Aberrations
- Hatchlings that took effort to breed, as in I created a pair for them and it's a special setup. So, basically I add a hatchery fee when it makes sense.

I do also try to do a general check for what other sales forum threads are asking for similar dragons.

Still though, this has been an extremely helpful baseline!!
eP65k0J.png
what would be the impact if it was the first of its color combo or something like that?
what would be the impact if it was the first of its color combo or something like that?
pPbISNY.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3