Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Color Wheel Opposite Finder
1 2
I made this aaaages ago and have been sharing it with people one at a time and guess what? I finally got around to making a guide post for it! This is a tool to help people who want to find the widest color range they possibly can, quickly and easily. [center][u][size=7][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uIlQjkVr4HndcW4zB181DSdDonSQJGYeQ6Hbl2_yo58/edit?usp=sharing]OPPOSITE FINDER[/url][/size][/u][/center] For those of you who don't know, FR's colors sit on a wheel, not a straight line list like you might see in selection menus. Maize and Pearl are not the farthest colors away from each other; they're actually right next to each other! Breeding ranges take the shortest distance between two colors, making the biggest range possible one that's across the wheel. [img]https://pre05.deviantart.net/1990/th/pre/i/2016/161/f/0/flightrising_new_color_wheel_by_isellahowler-da5s3iq.png[/img] There's an odd number of colors, so each color has a clockwise and counterclockwise opposite. This tool will find both for you. All you need to do is enter your starting color in the box next to "Known Color" and it will tell you your opposites! (also please let me know if something isn't working, it's been a while since I've touched the code and it shouldn't have changed but I don't know for sure)
I made this aaaages ago and have been sharing it with people one at a time and guess what? I finally got around to making a guide post for it! This is a tool to help people who want to find the widest color range they possibly can, quickly and easily.

For those of you who don't know, FR's colors sit on a wheel, not a straight line list like you might see in selection menus. Maize and Pearl are not the farthest colors away from each other; they're actually right next to each other! Breeding ranges take the shortest distance between two colors, making the biggest range possible one that's across the wheel.

flightrising_new_color_wheel_by_isellahowler-da5s3iq.png

There's an odd number of colors, so each color has a clockwise and counterclockwise opposite. This tool will find both for you. All you need to do is enter your starting color in the box next to "Known Color" and it will tell you your opposites!

(also please let me know if something isn't working, it's been a while since I've touched the code and it shouldn't have changed but I don't know for sure)
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you so much!!! This is really great!!!!
Thank you so much!!! This is really great!!!!
MreCscM.png
This is so helpful, thank you! Bookmarking!
This is so helpful, thank you! Bookmarking!
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
I love you. Thank you for this.
I love you. Thank you for this.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
Hi, this is an amazing tool, thank you so much for making it!

I wanted to let you know there is a typo--the reference uses "Vermillion" in a few places but the way Flight Rising spells it is "Vermilion" with only one L.

It doesn't seem to break anything so probably not urgent to fix.
Hi, this is an amazing tool, thank you so much for making it!

I wanted to let you know there is a typo--the reference uses "Vermillion" in a few places but the way Flight Rising spells it is "Vermilion" with only one L.

It doesn't seem to break anything so probably not urgent to fix.
I'm always looking for Platinum/Black/Platinum and Platinum/Black/Black dragons!
@entropic Ah! Thank you for letting me know! I'm glad you like the tool!
@entropic Ah! Thank you for letting me know! I'm glad you like the tool!
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I owe you my life
I owe you my life

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

Looks great!!
Looks great!!
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
Neat! I'm already experimenting with maize/Pear/mantis for unusual combinations, this will make finding other options so much easier <3
Neat! I'm already experimenting with maize/Pear/mantis for unusual combinations, this will make finding other options so much easier <3
this is the MOST helpful thing ever. Thank you so much :D
this is the MOST helpful thing ever. Thank you so much :D
imageonline-co-transparentimage.png Lennon • Adult
my purpose in life is to be silly
1 2