Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Price tracker - sprites + more
1 2 3
(Apologies if anyone else is already doing this, but I was collecting this data for myself anyway so I figured I might as well share, plus get suggestions for additions) I've been tracking the prices of various retired/cycling/otherwise valuable FR items. Want to know when the best time to buy that sprite is? Trying to figure out how much scattersights go for? Just really like spreadsheets? I've got you covered. [center][size=6][b][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D3FeuS_B8Vwvpo_LFUpH_vPba75CuxpsqhQdQ6I_2YE]- click here to see the spreadsheet -[/url][/b][/size][/center] AH prices are checked about once a day, and the data is both listed and displayed in graphs. Current items I am tracking: [list] [*] All sprites - light, lightning, fire, arcane, plague, earth, ice, shadow, wind, water, earth, nature (from Jan 2020) [*] Downtime familiars - red-footed akirbeak, speedy, golden bantam fangar (from Jan 2020) [*] Year 1 festival apparel - sunchaser jewelry, electricians power pack, metallurgists forgetools, archivists spellscroll, boneyard tatters, eroded crystalhide, frigid fugitive shackles, tricktrouper crown, windbound plumage, thresher flatfins, naturalist adornments (from Feb 2021) [*] Scattersights (from Nov 2020) [*] Wildclaw scrolls (from Nov 2020) [*] Unhatched eggs (from Dec 2020) [/list] Want me to start tracking something else? Just comment here, and I may add it. Please note: while sprite data goes back to January 2020, I only recently started tracking some of the other items (such as eggs), so the data may not be very helpful yet. If you notice any issues or anything confusing on the spreadsheet, please let me know so I can fix it. Additionally, the primary copy of the spreadsheet is on my computer; I'll try to update the online one about once a week, but if I haven't recently feel free to poke me to remind me about it.
(Apologies if anyone else is already doing this, but I was collecting this data for myself anyway so I figured I might as well share, plus get suggestions for additions)

I've been tracking the prices of various retired/cycling/otherwise valuable FR items. Want to know when the best time to buy that sprite is? Trying to figure out how much scattersights go for? Just really like spreadsheets? I've got you covered.

AH prices are checked about once a day, and the data is both listed and displayed in graphs.

Current items I am tracking:
  • All sprites - light, lightning, fire, arcane, plague, earth, ice, shadow, wind, water, earth, nature (from Jan 2020)
  • Downtime familiars - red-footed akirbeak, speedy, golden bantam fangar (from Jan 2020)
  • Year 1 festival apparel - sunchaser jewelry, electricians power pack, metallurgists forgetools, archivists spellscroll, boneyard tatters, eroded crystalhide, frigid fugitive shackles, tricktrouper crown, windbound plumage, thresher flatfins, naturalist adornments (from Feb 2021)
  • Scattersights (from Nov 2020)
  • Wildclaw scrolls (from Nov 2020)
  • Unhatched eggs (from Dec 2020)
Want me to start tracking something else? Just comment here, and I may add it.

Please note: while sprite data goes back to January 2020, I only recently started tracking some of the other items (such as eggs), so the data may not be very helpful yet. If you notice any issues or anything confusing on the spreadsheet, please let me know so I can fix it.

Additionally, the primary copy of the spreadsheet is on my computer; I'll try to update the online one about once a week, but if I haven't recently feel free to poke me to remind me about it.
yWVIirM.png
This is really neat! :o
This is really neat! :o
5KyfVO0.png
Y3ss5jo.pngrjlFFu0.pngV4C7iqz.pngvD2mGJA.pngZAD0xZG.pngiuGyQfp.png
VR2c9ts.png
This is fantastic, thank you!
This is fantastic, thank you!
This sort of thing is just what we needed as a community! Here's a signal boost for those who haven't seen it yet!
This sort of thing is just what we needed as a community! Here's a signal boost for those who haven't seen it yet!
eZCszQ2.png1GLQpTC.pngV4alZnn.png
The sheet has undergone some reformatting (hopefully for easier viewing). More importantly, there is now sprite data going back to late January of 2020. Massive thanks to @Gathouria for providing the older data!
The sheet has undergone some reformatting (hopefully for easier viewing). More importantly, there is now sprite data going back to late January of 2020. Massive thanks to @Gathouria for providing the older data!
yWVIirM.png
@Vertigris do you think you could ping me when you update? i'm looking for good times to buy an earth and shadow sprite hehe
@Vertigris do you think you could ping me when you update? i'm looking for good times to buy an earth and shadow sprite hehe
GkfDmNh.png
@Pachirisu I don't intend to do a pinglist for updates because that isn't really the goal of this project - I want to provide data about past prices to give a better idea about what a reasonable price might be; if you want the latest prices I recommend just checking the AH. Big dips often only last a few days, so getting week-old info wouldn't be useful for catching them.

That said, I would wait a little while on the earth sprite - the price skyrocketed on Dec 23 and still seems to be coming back down from that. Shadow is also a little higher than normal right now, but I'm less sure about where that might be going.
@Pachirisu I don't intend to do a pinglist for updates because that isn't really the goal of this project - I want to provide data about past prices to give a better idea about what a reasonable price might be; if you want the latest prices I recommend just checking the AH. Big dips often only last a few days, so getting week-old info wouldn't be useful for catching them.

That said, I would wait a little while on the earth sprite - the price skyrocketed on Dec 23 and still seems to be coming back down from that. Shadow is also a little higher than normal right now, but I'm less sure about where that might be going.
yWVIirM.png
@Vertigris i suppose that's true! i wish i could check every day ;A; i'd never remember lmao. i can't even remember to bond with my familiars everyday XD

regardless, thanks for posting this! i can at least use it to track the general trend and keep a keener eye out when prices dip closer to where i'd prefer them.

(wish i'd had the money a year ago, coulda got an earth sprite for under 3kg...)
@Vertigris i suppose that's true! i wish i could check every day ;A; i'd never remember lmao. i can't even remember to bond with my familiars everyday XD

regardless, thanks for posting this! i can at least use it to track the general trend and keep a keener eye out when prices dip closer to where i'd prefer them.

(wish i'd had the money a year ago, coulda got an earth sprite for under 3kg...)
GkfDmNh.png
Festival apparel from the first year has been added to the spreadsheet. That's sunchaser jewelry, electricians power pack, metallurgists forgetools, archivists spellscroll, boneyard tatters, eroded crystalhide, frigid fugitive shackles, tricktrouper crown, windbound plumage, thresher flatfins, and naturalist adornments.

These are not currently graphed because there isn't much data for them yet; I'll add graphs in another week or two.
Festival apparel from the first year has been added to the spreadsheet. That's sunchaser jewelry, electricians power pack, metallurgists forgetools, archivists spellscroll, boneyard tatters, eroded crystalhide, frigid fugitive shackles, tricktrouper crown, windbound plumage, thresher flatfins, and naturalist adornments.

These are not currently graphed because there isn't much data for them yet; I'll add graphs in another week or two.
yWVIirM.png
The spreadsheet has been updated with graphs for the Y1 festival apparel. I have also made some small formatting changes to hopefully improve legibility. As always, feedback, recommendations, and requests are welcome.
The spreadsheet has been updated with graphs for the Y1 festival apparel. I have also made some small formatting changes to hopefully improve legibility. As always, feedback, recommendations, and requests are welcome.
yWVIirM.png
1 2 3