Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Breeding Probability Sheet 2.0
1 2 3
Update: Spreadsheet is on version 2.0, and has some new features!
Hello! I made a breeding probability spreadsheet that determines the probability of getting a certain offspring from two dragons. This might help others in breeding projects, or if they just want to see the possibility of getting a specific dragon from a breeding pair.

Instructions for use:
1. Make a copy of this spreadsheet (File-> Make a copy)
2. Enter your dragons by pasting the Image Url from the Scrying Workshop in the designated cells
3. Exclude colors, genes, breed, and gender from probability calculations using the "options" panel
4. The total probability and individual probabilities of the goal offspring being hatched will be displayed!

Notes
  • Goal colors outside their parent's range on the color wheel will have a 0% probability
  • Goal genes/breeds that are not present in the parents will have a 0% probability
  • If only one of the parent's color or genes are filled in, the probability will be 0%
  • To get the Scrying Workshop Image Url, open the scrying workshop and click the small picture icon on the bottom right
  • Errors are displayed underneath the total probability for troubleshooting
  • Special thanks to @Saphira455 for
    1. the great idea of using scrying workshop links, and
    2. letting me use their functions and data in this spreadsheet!
    You can find their super helpful spreadsheet here!
Please report any bugs by PM, or by posting in this forum.

Last update: 7/24/22, version 2.2
  • Fixed error with gene probabilities, where some genes would be predicted as a 50% probability when the actual probability was higher
  • All the new genes have been added

If I go on hiatus and anyone wants to continue to update the tool for public use, you have my permission, but please ping me!
Update: Spreadsheet is on version 2.0, and has some new features!
Hello! I made a breeding probability spreadsheet that determines the probability of getting a certain offspring from two dragons. This might help others in breeding projects, or if they just want to see the possibility of getting a specific dragon from a breeding pair.

Instructions for use:
1. Make a copy of this spreadsheet (File-> Make a copy)
2. Enter your dragons by pasting the Image Url from the Scrying Workshop in the designated cells
3. Exclude colors, genes, breed, and gender from probability calculations using the "options" panel
4. The total probability and individual probabilities of the goal offspring being hatched will be displayed!

Notes
  • Goal colors outside their parent's range on the color wheel will have a 0% probability
  • Goal genes/breeds that are not present in the parents will have a 0% probability
  • If only one of the parent's color or genes are filled in, the probability will be 0%
  • To get the Scrying Workshop Image Url, open the scrying workshop and click the small picture icon on the bottom right
  • Errors are displayed underneath the total probability for troubleshooting
  • Special thanks to @Saphira455 for
    1. the great idea of using scrying workshop links, and
    2. letting me use their functions and data in this spreadsheet!
    You can find their super helpful spreadsheet here!
Please report any bugs by PM, or by posting in this forum.

Last update: 7/24/22, version 2.2
  • Fixed error with gene probabilities, where some genes would be predicted as a 50% probability when the actual probability was higher
  • All the new genes have been added

If I go on hiatus and anyone wants to continue to update the tool for public use, you have my permission, but please ping me!
kNSqV1x.png
As a spreadsheet enthusiast, I'm checking out the formula in cell V10, and all I can say is: that's pretty heccing hardcore.

Oh snap, just noticed that I can even edit AD/AE and AG/AH for new releases of genes/breeds as needed. Sweet!

I like to use the Comfortaa font in google drive, but now you're giving it a run for its money with Rubik... great taste in fonts, my friend!
As a spreadsheet enthusiast, I'm checking out the formula in cell V10, and all I can say is: that's pretty heccing hardcore.

Oh snap, just noticed that I can even edit AD/AE and AG/AH for new releases of genes/breeds as needed. Sweet!

I like to use the Comfortaa font in google drive, but now you're giving it a run for its money with Rubik... great taste in fonts, my friend!
B6CFWfS.pngSWGDvZl.pngColi Refactor Mass Opening!
@Drezdin
Thank you so much! I'm mostly self taught, I'm glad someone found it interesting, and everything is working good!
@Drezdin
Thank you so much! I'm mostly self taught, I'm glad someone found it interesting, and everything is working good!
kNSqV1x.png
Update: All ancient breeds have been added!
Update: All ancient breeds have been added!
kNSqV1x.png
Very useful! Thank you for the spreadsheet!
Very useful! Thank you for the spreadsheet!
meowmeow2023_by_kiwicide-dcmvlip.png
@Hirunda awesome stuff! I'll definitely be using this heaps in the future! I noted to have found an error though when I put 'Black' in Dragon 2's Tertiary Color [img]https://i.gyazo.com/088948fd55bd676d7bf7de0299e5c8a1.png[/img]
@Hirunda awesome stuff! I'll definitely be using this heaps in the future! I noted to have found an error though when I put 'Black' in Dragon 2's Tertiary Color

088948fd55bd676d7bf7de0299e5c8a1.png
goSc2L4.png
@sarzi

I'm glad you like the sheet! I'll look into the problem and ping you when I fix it, so you can make a new copy.
@sarzi

I'm glad you like the sheet! I'll look into the problem and ping you when I fix it, so you can make a new copy.
kNSqV1x.png
@sarzi

The problem should be fixed now, if you want to create a new copy of the spreadsheet. Let me know if there are any more errors!
@sarzi

The problem should be fixed now, if you want to create a new copy of the spreadsheet. Let me know if there are any more errors!
kNSqV1x.png
@Hirunda I was trying use Gaolers spreadsheet but, unfortunately, Gaolers Colors doesn't work. When I enter the Goal colors that happen: [img]https://i.ibb.co/FHQ2SzN/image.png[/img]
@Hirunda I was trying use Gaolers spreadsheet but, unfortunately, Gaolers Colors doesn't work. When I enter the Goal colors that happen:

image.png
  BUSINESS CORNER

wishlist
ice dom shop
dragon sales
hoard sales
free cauldron services
LF 20 nov drag
    phhxVlQ.pngXRLXA9U.pngd3XCZt0.pngu0xFVz1.png6bJPt0y.pngm325B11.pngyamzawx.pngphhxVlQ.png
6JqFst1.png
   
  CREATIVE CORNER

lore
badges
guide for myself
credits

@Kahzu

Sorry this took so long! The spreadsheet should be fixed now
@Kahzu

Sorry this took so long! The spreadsheet should be fixed now
kNSqV1x.png
1 2 3