Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
1 2 3 4
I'm trying to make meditate builds for each of the grinding venues, and while I've done separate builds for the Ghostlight Ruins and Mire, I decided to make a build that can do both.

This idea came about when discussing builds with other players, and how you can use a Mire build in the GLR without much issue (it's definitely not the most optimal), but you can't use a GLR build in the Mire; and how plenty of us have forgotten to change out our trainer before switching venues.

This build is meant to help those who like alternating between the GLR and Mire. If possible, I suggest having a dedicated build for the separate venues, but this is great for those who alternate between the GLR and Mire a lot.

Do note this build is a lot less tanky than a dedicated build due to it needing the highest stats of both venues.

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

Variations

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)

The WoeShop - For talking about this, and making me wonder if it would be possible

I'm trying to make meditate builds for each of the grinding venues, and while I've done separate builds for the Ghostlight Ruins and Mire, I decided to make a build that can do both.

This idea came about when discussing builds with other players, and how you can use a Mire build in the GLR without much issue (it's definitely not the most optimal), but you can't use a GLR build in the Mire; and how plenty of us have forgotten to change out our trainer before switching venues.

This build is meant to help those who like alternating between the GLR and Mire. If possible, I suggest having a dedicated build for the separate venues, but this is great for those who alternate between the GLR and Mire a lot.

Do note this build is a lot less tanky than a dedicated build due to it needing the highest stats of both venues.

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

Variations

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)

The WoeShop - For talking about this, and making me wonder if it would be possible

Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
[columns] [b]Stats:[/b] STR AGI DEF QCK [nextcol] 120 8 5 66 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] INT VIT MND [nextcol] 5 22 5 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] [b]Stones:[/b] Meditate Rally Berserker Ambush [nextcol] Eliminate Berserker Ambush [nextcol] Sap [nextcol] Haste [/columns] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/ZbMSB2d3/Stats-Ghire-Gorer.png[/img] The reasoning for the stats is as follows: Str 120 allows your Gorer to Rally + Elim everything in the Mire (and GLR) (other than bosses). Qck 66 plus 30 from haste allows your Gorer to take 2 extra turns before all the enemies except Aer Phantom, Lux Spectre, Psywurm, Salve Kamaitachi, and Scythe Kamaitachi. It shouldn't matter for the mages since they can't hit you immediately (so only Scythe Kamaitachi should matter). Vit 22 is where the rest of the stat points went. I wish this was higher, but it'll have to do.
Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

|
|
|
|
Stones:
Meditate
Rally
Berserker
Ambush

Eliminate
Berserker
Ambush

Sap
Haste

Stats-Ghire-Gorer.png

The reasoning for the stats is as follows:
Str 120 allows your Gorer to Rally + Elim everything in the Mire (and GLR) (other than bosses).

Qck 66 plus 30 from haste allows your Gorer to take 2 extra turns before all the enemies except Aer Phantom, Lux Spectre, Psywurm, Salve Kamaitachi, and Scythe Kamaitachi. It shouldn't matter for the mages since they can't hit you immediately (so only Scythe Kamaitachi should matter).

Vit 22 is where the rest of the stat points went. I wish this was higher, but it'll have to do.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element (I'm only counting the elements for spell-casting enemies since the melee enemies don't usually use their element attack before you kill them). My scale will be Best, Good, Doable, Bad, and Terrible (in quotes because everything has a lot of weaknesses, and nothing actually optimal). [b][u]NOTE:[/u][/b] The rankings in this venue mean less than the rankings in other venues, like the Kelp Beds, because these enemies are slower and weaker. While I don't suggest using a Terrible ranked element, you should be able to with relative success. Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, and this build can beat melee enemies before they get a chance to use their elemental attacks. After the first battle, you have enough breath the cast eliminate and beat mages before they can cast elemental attacks as well, so element matters even less after the first battle. For reference, I tested this build with a lightning dragon, and it did fine. Once you get going, the mages don't normally get a turn. [b]Resistant to[/b] is how many enemies deal less damage to your dragon (higher # = good) [b]# Weak Elem[/b] is how many enemies deal more damage to your dragon (higher # = bad) [columns] [b]Element[/b] Arcane Earth Fire Ice Light Lightning Nature Plague Shadow Water Wind [nextcol] |[b]Rank[/b] |Good |Bad |Doable |Doable |Bad |Good |Bad |Great |Terrible |Terrible |Terrible [nextcol] |[b]Resistant to[/b] |3 |0 |2 |2 |5 |3 |4 |6 |4 |2 |1 [nextcol] |[b]Weak to[/b] |3 |4 |4 |4 |5 |3 |4 |3 |7 |5 |6 [/columns] ----- If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst. [b]1st ("Best"):[/b] Plague (Good in Mire, Doable in GLR) [b]2nd ("Good"):[/b] Arcane (Great in Mire, Bad in GLR) Lightning (Great in Mire, Bad in GLR) [b]3rd ("Doable"):[/b] Fire (Bad in Mire, Doable in GLR) Ice (Bad in Mire, Bad in GLR) [b]4th ("Bad"):[/b] Earth (Doable in Mire, Terrible in GLR) Light (Doable in Mire, Bad in GLR) Nature (Terrible in Mire, Great in GLR) [b]5th ("Terrible"):[/b] Shadow (Terrible in Mire, Bad in GLR) Water (Terrible in Mire, Good in GLR) Wind (Terrible in Mire, Bad in GLR) ----- Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what [img]http://i.imgur.com/lLliwWS.png[/img]
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element (I'm only counting the elements for spell-casting enemies since the melee enemies don't usually use their element attack before you kill them).

My scale will be Best, Good, Doable, Bad, and Terrible (in quotes because everything has a lot of weaknesses, and nothing actually optimal).

NOTE: The rankings in this venue mean less than the rankings in other venues, like the Kelp Beds, because these enemies are slower and weaker. While I don't suggest using a Terrible ranked element, you should be able to with relative success.

Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, and this build can beat melee enemies before they get a chance to use their elemental attacks. After the first battle, you have enough breath the cast eliminate and beat mages before they can cast elemental attacks as well, so element matters even less after the first battle.

For reference, I tested this build with a lightning dragon, and it did fine. Once you get going, the mages don't normally get a turn.

Resistant to is how many enemies deal less damage to your dragon (higher # = good)
# Weak Elem is how many enemies deal more damage to your dragon (higher # = bad)

Element
Arcane
Earth
Fire
Ice
Light
Lightning
Nature
Plague
Shadow
Water
Wind
|Rank
|Good
|Bad
|Doable
|Doable
|Bad
|Good
|Bad
|Great
|Terrible
|Terrible
|Terrible
|Resistant to
|Weak to

If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst.

1st ("Best"):
Plague (Good in Mire, Doable in GLR)

2nd ("Good"):
Arcane (Great in Mire, Bad in GLR)
Lightning (Great in Mire, Bad in GLR)

3rd ("Doable"):
Fire (Bad in Mire, Doable in GLR)
Ice (Bad in Mire, Bad in GLR)

4th ("Bad"):
Earth (Doable in Mire, Terrible in GLR)
Light (Doable in Mire, Bad in GLR)
Nature (Terrible in Mire, Great in GLR)

5th ("Terrible"):
Shadow (Terrible in Mire, Bad in GLR)
Water (Terrible in Mire, Good in GLR)
Wind (Terrible in Mire, Bad in GLR)

Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what
lLliwWS.png
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Even with this build working the best, you still will take hits from the enemy. This is due to the nature of the coliseum.

An all melee group will get 1 hit(s) on your dragons.

Mages:
Aer Phantom
Longneck Medium
Longneck Scholar
Lux Spectre
Otherworldly Aura
Somber Spirit

Acid Ant
Blackwing Croaker
Brilliant Psywurm
Common Podid
Heartred Croaker
Ink Ant
Lion's Mane Seeker
Mistwatch Shellion
Mossy Cerdae
Psywurm
Salve Kamaitachi
Wetland Unicorn
Wetland Unicorn
Whisper
Wind
Nature
Neutral
Light
Arcane
Shadow

Nature
Shadow
Light
Lightning
Plague
Water
Plague
Ice
Plague
Arcane
Wind
Neutral
Neutral
Shadow

Melee:
Carrioncorn
Greybeak Reaper
Infestation Hound
Nightmare
Pronghorn Stomper
Shatterbone Vulture
Tatterwing Carcass
Tengu Caller
Wendigo
Wraith Hound

Armored Colony
Fungal Garden
Furry Fiddle
Marsh Kelpie
Muckbottom Catfish
Poisonous Toridae
Scythe Kamaitachi
Shellion
Sickle Kamaitachi
Silt Wolf
Southmarsh Podid
Swamp Wolf
Venomous Toridae
Vilevenom Kelpie
Neutral
Neutral
Plague
Fire
Water
Lightning
Shadow
Shadow
Earth
Lightning

Arcane
Lightning
Light
Ice
Plague
Nature
Plague
Neutral
Fire
Earth
Neutral
Neutral
Earth
Wind
Even with this build working the best, you still will take hits from the enemy. This is due to the nature of the coliseum.

An all melee group will get 1 hit(s) on your dragons.

Mages:
Aer Phantom
Longneck Medium
Longneck Scholar
Lux Spectre
Otherworldly Aura
Somber Spirit

Acid Ant
Blackwing Croaker
Brilliant Psywurm
Common Podid
Heartred Croaker
Ink Ant
Lion's Mane Seeker
Mistwatch Shellion
Mossy Cerdae
Psywurm
Salve Kamaitachi
Wetland Unicorn
Wetland Unicorn
Whisper
Wind
Nature
Neutral
Light
Arcane
Shadow

Nature
Shadow
Light
Lightning
Plague
Water
Plague
Ice
Plague
Arcane
Wind
Neutral
Neutral
Shadow

Melee:
Carrioncorn
Greybeak Reaper
Infestation Hound
Nightmare
Pronghorn Stomper
Shatterbone Vulture
Tatterwing Carcass
Tengu Caller
Wendigo
Wraith Hound

Armored Colony
Fungal Garden
Furry Fiddle
Marsh Kelpie
Muckbottom Catfish
Poisonous Toridae
Scythe Kamaitachi
Shellion
Sickle Kamaitachi
Silt Wolf
Southmarsh Podid
Swamp Wolf
Venomous Toridae
Vilevenom Kelpie
Neutral
Neutral
Plague
Fire
Water
Lightning
Shadow
Shadow
Earth
Lightning

Arcane
Lightning
Light
Ice
Plague
Nature
Plague
Neutral
Fire
Earth
Neutral
Neutral
Earth
Wind
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Normal Start
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Haste (targeting Gorer)
3) Rally (targeting Gorer)
4) Defend
5) Eliminate
Generate More Breath*
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Meditate
3) Haste (targeting Gorer)
4) Rally (targeting Gorer)
5) Defend
6) Eliminate

Meditate, haste, and rally will generate enough breath to cast eliminate. You need to defend because you still have 1 turn left before the penalty of meditate wears off.

With the speed of the build, you will usually be able to defend on your first turn, before the enemies go.

*This is good against groups of 2 or 3 mages (no melee).

Second Battle (2 or 3 Enemies):
1) Rally (targeting Gorer)
2) Eliminate

Second Battle (4 Enemies):
1) Haste (targeting Gorer)
2) Rally (targeting Gorer)
3) Eliminate

Using haste isn't needed unless you want more breath, or there's a group of 4. Against a group of 4, Haste allows the Gorer to kills 2 enemies, then (usually) take 2 more turns the next time it goes.

Using Haste will also be useful if you want to heal with Sap since it allows you to Sap then Elim.

Enemy Attack Order:
Hit the melee enemies first, and the mages last. The mage has a chance at charging instead of attacking so you won't take more damage.

Sap Usage:
There are 2 normal situations where I use Sap:
1) I used Haste at the beginning and have 2 turns before the last enemy, so I'll Sap then Elim.

2) I used Haste, and the last enemy is a caster, so I will sometimes just use 3 Saps on the caster since I should heal more damage than they deal, and they might meditate instead of attack.

Refresh:
You can put the fodder's stats into Vit if you want, but I personally don't see a reason to most of the time. The Gorer is tanky and fast enough in my opinion, but it doesn't hurt.

Dodge:
You don't always have to refresh when an enemy dodges and you don't have breath to cast Elim. As you use the build more, you'll get a better idea of when you need to refresh or when you can continue on.

As a base rule, if there are 2 or 3 melee enemies left, you probably should refresh, otherwise you should be able to keep going. However, this will also depend on your Gorer's HP.

Note: If you're 5-10 breath away from Elim, you can cast Haste + Rally to get that breath instead of casting Meditate.
Normal Start
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Haste (targeting Gorer)
3) Rally (targeting Gorer)
4) Defend
5) Eliminate
Generate More Breath*
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Meditate
3) Haste (targeting Gorer)
4) Rally (targeting Gorer)
5) Defend
6) Eliminate

Meditate, haste, and rally will generate enough breath to cast eliminate. You need to defend because you still have 1 turn left before the penalty of meditate wears off.

With the speed of the build, you will usually be able to defend on your first turn, before the enemies go.

*This is good against groups of 2 or 3 mages (no melee).

Second Battle (2 or 3 Enemies):
1) Rally (targeting Gorer)
2) Eliminate

Second Battle (4 Enemies):
1) Haste (targeting Gorer)
2) Rally (targeting Gorer)
3) Eliminate

Using haste isn't needed unless you want more breath, or there's a group of 4. Against a group of 4, Haste allows the Gorer to kills 2 enemies, then (usually) take 2 more turns the next time it goes.

Using Haste will also be useful if you want to heal with Sap since it allows you to Sap then Elim.

Enemy Attack Order:
Hit the melee enemies first, and the mages last. The mage has a chance at charging instead of attacking so you won't take more damage.

Sap Usage:
There are 2 normal situations where I use Sap:
1) I used Haste at the beginning and have 2 turns before the last enemy, so I'll Sap then Elim.

2) I used Haste, and the last enemy is a caster, so I will sometimes just use 3 Saps on the caster since I should heal more damage than they deal, and they might meditate instead of attack.

Refresh:
You can put the fodder's stats into Vit if you want, but I personally don't see a reason to most of the time. The Gorer is tanky and fast enough in my opinion, but it doesn't hurt.

Dodge:
You don't always have to refresh when an enemy dodges and you don't have breath to cast Elim. As you use the build more, you'll get a better idea of when you need to refresh or when you can continue on.

As a base rule, if there are 2 or 3 melee enemies left, you probably should refresh, otherwise you should be able to keep going. However, this will also depend on your Gorer's HP.

Note: If you're 5-10 breath away from Elim, you can cast Haste + Rally to get that breath instead of casting Meditate.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
*NOTE:* All of these numbers are assuming you don't miss an attack. You might want to refresh if you miss an eliminate before your breath it at 70 (70 breath is the point where missing with eliminate still leaves you with enough breath to try again).

Some enemies may get more hits than on stated on this list for the first battle:
GLR - Aer Phantom, Lux Spectre
Mire - Psywurm, Salve Kamaitachi, Scythe Kamaitachi
Enemy Groups

2 Mages
3 Mages
4 Mages
2 Mages + 1 Melee
1 Mage + 2 Melee
2 Mages + 2 Melee
2 Melee
3 Melee
Max Hits Turn 1

Max Hits Later

Refresh Turn 1

No
No
Maybe
No
No
Maybe
No
Maybe

2 Mages
First battle: These are the best to start with.
Later Battles: These are very easy later on.

3 Mages
First battle: These are the great to start with.

4 Mages
First battle: These aren't the best to start with, but you sometimes can.

2 Mages + 1 Melee
First Battle: These are very good to start with.

1 Mages + 2 Melee
Later Battle: These are very easy later on.

2 Mages + 2 Melee
First Battle: These aren't the best to start with, but you can.

2 Melee

3 Melee
Later battles: These are the only thing (other than bosses) that will get a hit on you if you don't miss.

Bosses:
Don't try taking them on, just refresh. They aren't worth the time or effort to try and beat it. The only time they might be worth it is later when you have nearly full health and full breath.
*NOTE:* All of these numbers are assuming you don't miss an attack. You might want to refresh if you miss an eliminate before your breath it at 70 (70 breath is the point where missing with eliminate still leaves you with enough breath to try again).

Some enemies may get more hits than on stated on this list for the first battle:
GLR - Aer Phantom, Lux Spectre
Mire - Psywurm, Salve Kamaitachi, Scythe Kamaitachi
Enemy Groups

2 Mages
3 Mages
4 Mages
2 Mages + 1 Melee
1 Mage + 2 Melee
2 Mages + 2 Melee
2 Melee
3 Melee
Max Hits Turn 1

Max Hits Later

Refresh Turn 1

No
No
Maybe
No
No
Maybe
No
Maybe

2 Mages
First battle: These are the best to start with.

3 Mages

4 Mages
First battle: These aren't the best to start with, but you sometimes can.

2 Mages + 1 Melee

1 Mages + 2 Melee
Later Battle: These are very easy later on.

2 Mages + 2 Melee

2 Melee

3 Melee
Later battles: These are the only thing (other than bosses) that will get a hit on you if you don't miss.

Bosses:
Don't try taking them on, just refresh. They aren't worth the time or effort to try and beat it. The only time they might be worth it is later when you have nearly full health and full breath.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Other Variants
Speedy Variant:
This variant is similar to the original build using 70Qck, however, it is less tanky and can take 1-2 fewer hits than the current version. I chose the current version's Qck and Vit since it can take an additional hit, and the turn order isn't affected most of the time, so I feel like you get more out of that version than this one.

Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

Other Variants
Speedy Variant:
This variant is similar to the original build using 70Qck, however, it is less tanky and can take 1-2 fewer hits than the current version. I chose the current version's Qck and Vit since it can take an additional hit, and the turn order isn't affected most of the time, so I feel like you get more out of that version than this one.

Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
This is the best build!!! I have a Ruin Wrecker and a Mire Flyer (though, I may check out your Mire Mauler build and switch her over to that, assuming Arcane is still the best element for the build) that work perfectly, but the versatility of this build really gives the edge for me! I love being able to hop back and forth between venues without having to switch out my trainer!
This is the best build!!! I have a Ruin Wrecker and a Mire Flyer (though, I may check out your Mire Mauler build and switch her over to that, assuming Arcane is still the best element for the build) that work perfectly, but the versatility of this build really gives the edge for me! I love being able to hop back and forth between venues without having to switch out my trainer!
PJb908Z.png
I'm glad you like the build! It's not the most useful for people like me who stick to one area, or swap out trainers all the time, but this build is great for players who switch between the two venues more regularly
I'm glad you like the build! It's not the most useful for people like me who stick to one area, or swap out trainers all the time, but this build is great for players who switch between the two venues more regularly
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because my eliminate is doing less damage than before... Also in your stone list here it says Sap but sap isnt shown on this dragon...
I feel like I must be doing something wrong, because my eliminate is doing less damage than before... Also in your stone list here it says Sap but sap isnt shown on this dragon...
1 2 3 4