Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Boreal Wood - Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder
1 2
I'm trying to make meditate builds for each of the grinding venues, and this is my take on a Boreal Wood build.

This build is quite different from the standard Boreal Brawler build because it sacrifices vitality for quickness. This may be a turn off at first glance, but the enemies only get to hit you when they dodge (or if you're fighting a 3 pack of Rasas), and that still depends on the enemy. I can usually train 2 fodder to at least level 6 before I need to refresh, but I can usually go higher if I want.

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)

I'm trying to make meditate builds for each of the grinding venues, and this is my take on a Boreal Wood build.

This build is quite different from the standard Boreal Brawler build because it sacrifices vitality for quickness. This may be a turn off at first glance, but the enemies only get to hit you when they dodge (or if you're fighting a 3 pack of Rasas), and that still depends on the enemy. I can usually train 2 fodder to at least level 6 before I need to refresh, but I can usually go higher if I want.

Post Index:

What Stats and Why

Which Element to Pick

Enemies You'll Face

What to do on Your Turn

What to do Against Each Group

I would like to thank:
Sylvandyr - Their stat tools (found HERE)

Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
[columns] [b]Stats:[/b] STR AGI DEF QCK [nextcol] 104 8 6 90 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] INT VIT MND [nextcol] 5 16 5 [nextcol] | | | | [nextcol] [b]Stones:[/b] Meditate (or Scratch) Rally Berserker Ambush [nextcol] Eliminate Berserker Ambush [nextcol] Sap [nextcol] Haste [/columns] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/T20typrW/Boreal-Banisher.png[/img] The reasoning for the stats is as follows: Str 104 allows the Banisher to Rally + Elim everything in the venue (the Yeti takes 2 Eliminates or Rally + Sap and Rally + Elim [both Sap and Elim need Rally]). Qck 90 lets the Banisher get at least 4 turns before the enemies, and add the 30 qck from Haste, and the Banisher can get 6 turns before some of the enemies. The exception is when facing the Rasa enemies and you get 3 turns before them. Vit 16 is as much HP as we can squeeze out of this build, but it should be more than enough since you shouldn't get hit very often. Def 6 is where I put the remaining points.
Stats:
STR
AGI
DEF
QCK

|
|
|
|

INT
VIT
MND

|
|
|
|
Stones:
Meditate (or Scratch)
Rally
Berserker
Ambush

Eliminate
Berserker
Ambush

Sap
Haste

Boreal-Banisher.png

The reasoning for the stats is as follows:
Str 104 allows the Banisher to Rally + Elim everything in the venue (the Yeti takes 2 Eliminates or Rally + Sap and Rally + Elim [both Sap and Elim need Rally]).

Qck 90 lets the Banisher get at least 4 turns before the enemies, and add the 30 qck from Haste, and the Banisher can get 6 turns before some of the enemies. The exception is when facing the Rasa enemies and you get 3 turns before them.

Vit 16 is as much HP as we can squeeze out of this build, but it should be more than enough since you shouldn't get hit very often.

Def 6 is where I put the remaining points.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element. (I'm only counting the elements for spell-casting enemies since the melee enemies don't usually use their element attack before you kill them). My scale will be Great, Good, Doable, Bad, and Worst. [b][u]NOTE:[/u][/b] The rankings in this venue are practically meaningless, because the Banisher should be able to kill all the enemies before taking damage (except for Maned Rasas and Squall Rasas, and on the starting turn; but the mage enemies still won't get a chance to attack). Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, and this build can beat melee enemies before they get a chance to use their elemental attacks. After the first battle, you have enough breath the cast eliminate and beat mages before they can cast elemental attacks as well, so element matters even less after the first battle. [b]# Strong Elem[/b] is how many enemy elements are strong versus the element (deal more damage to your dragon) [b]# Weak Elem[/b] is how many enemy elements are weak versus the element (deal less damage to your dragon) [columns] [b]Element[/b] Arcane Earth Fire Ice Light Lightning Nature Plague Shadow Water Wind [nextcol] |[b]Rank[/b] |Doable |Bad |Good |Doable |Doable |Doable |Good |Great |Good |Worst |Doable [nextcol] |[b]# Weak Elem[/b] |1 |0 |0 |1 |1 |1 |0 |1 |0 |2 |1 [nextcol] |[b]# Strong Elem[/b] |1 |2 |1 |1 |1 |1 |1 |0 |1 |2 |1 [/columns] ----- If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst [b]1st (Great):[/b] Plague [b]2nd (Good):[/b] Fire Nature Shadow [b]3rd (Doable):[/b] Arcane Ice Light Lightning Wind [b]4th (Bad):[/b] Earth [b]5th (Worst):[/b] Water ----- Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what [img]http://i.imgur.com/lLliwWS.png[/img]
I'll now go through the various dragon elements and say which I think are best, and which are worst. This is based on which elements are super effective against your dragon's element. (I'm only counting the elements for spell-casting enemies since the melee enemies don't usually use their element attack before you kill them).

My scale will be Great, Good, Doable, Bad, and Worst.

NOTE: The rankings in this venue are practically meaningless, because the Banisher should be able to kill all the enemies before taking damage (except for Maned Rasas and Squall Rasas, and on the starting turn; but the mage enemies still won't get a chance to attack).

Your trainer's element only matters when you're hit by elemental attacks, and this build can beat melee enemies before they get a chance to use their elemental attacks. After the first battle, you have enough breath the cast eliminate and beat mages before they can cast elemental attacks as well, so element matters even less after the first battle.

# Strong Elem is how many enemy elements are strong versus the element (deal more damage to your dragon)
# Weak Elem is how many enemy elements are weak versus the element (deal less damage to your dragon)

Element
Arcane
Earth
Fire
Ice
Light
Lightning
Nature
Plague
Shadow
Water
Wind
|Rank
|Doable
|Bad
|Good
|Doable
|Doable
|Doable
|Good
|Great
|Good
|Worst
|Doable
|# Weak Elem
|# Strong Elem

If you don't want to read the chart, here's the ranking from best to worst

1st (Great):
Plague

2nd (Good):
Fire
Nature
Shadow

3rd (Doable):
Arcane
Ice
Light
Lightning
Wind

4th (Bad):
Earth

5th (Worst):
Water

Here's a chart to show what elements are strong/weak to what
lLliwWS.png
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
With this build running at it's best, your Banisher will only take a hit from a
Maned Rasa/Squall Rasa, in the first battle, or when the enemy dodges.

Mages:
Auburn Woolly Walrus
Longneck Wanderer
Treehorn Wolpertinger
Wolpertinger
Woolly Walrus
Plague
Wind
Neutral
Lightning
Water

Melee:
Black Wolf
Bramblecrown Stoat
Bullephant
Coarsefur Yeti
Deadwood Strangler
Elk
Frosttangle Strangler
Glassbound Gustvul
Glassbound Solarvul
Hoarfrost Mauler
Longneck Hunter
Maned Rasa
Mammophant
Nochnyr
Pebblehide Stoat
Permafrost Impaler
Poultrygeist
Shalebuck
Snowfall Elk
Snowy Owlynx
Squall Rasa
Teardrop Owlynx
Venerable Shalebuck
Winter Wolf
Woodland Turkey
Shadow
Shadow
Neutral
Ice
Ice
Nature
Nature
Wind
Light
Ice
Neutral
Earth
Fire
Fire
Earth
Ice
Plague
Water
Light
Ice
Lightning
Arcane
Arcane
Neutral
Earth
With this build running at it's best, your Banisher will only take a hit from a
Maned Rasa/Squall Rasa, in the first battle, or when the enemy dodges.

Mages:
Auburn Woolly Walrus
Longneck Wanderer
Treehorn Wolpertinger
Wolpertinger
Woolly Walrus
Plague
Wind
Neutral
Lightning
Water

Melee:
Black Wolf
Bramblecrown Stoat
Bullephant
Coarsefur Yeti
Deadwood Strangler
Elk
Frosttangle Strangler
Glassbound Gustvul
Glassbound Solarvul
Hoarfrost Mauler
Longneck Hunter
Maned Rasa
Mammophant
Nochnyr
Pebblehide Stoat
Permafrost Impaler
Poultrygeist
Shalebuck
Snowfall Elk
Snowy Owlynx
Squall Rasa
Teardrop Owlynx
Venerable Shalebuck
Winter Wolf
Woodland Turkey
Shadow
Shadow
Neutral
Ice
Ice
Nature
Nature
Wind
Light
Ice
Neutral
Earth
Fire
Fire
Earth
Ice
Plague
Water
Light
Ice
Lightning
Arcane
Arcane
Neutral
Earth
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Haste (targeting Banisher)
3) Rally (targeting Banisher)
4) Defend
5) Eliminate

OR

First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Meditate
3) Haste (targeting Banisher)
4) Defend/Rally (depending on the enemy)
5) Rally/Defend (targeting Banisher) (depending on the enemy)
6) Eliminate

Meditate, haste, and rally will generate enough breath to cast eliminate. You need to defend because you still have 1 turn left before the penalty of meditate wears off.

With the speed of the build, you will be able to defend on your first turn, before the enemies go.

Second Battle:
1) Rally (targeting Banisher)
2) Eliminate

OR

Second Battle:
1) Haste (targeting Banisher)
2) Rally (targeting Banisher)
3) Eliminate

Using haste isn't needed unless you want more breath.

Using Haste will also be useful if you want to heal with Sap since it allows you to Sap once or twice then Elim.

Note: Kill the Rasa Squall and Maned Rasa first when facing them.

Enemy Attack Order:
Hit the melee enemies first, and the mages last. The mage has a chance at charging instead of attacking so you won't take more damage. What to attack first doesn't really matter unless an enemy dodges, so feel free to do whatever you want instead.

Sap Usage:
There are 2 situations where I use Sap:
1) I used Haste at the beginning and have 2+ turns before the last enemy, so I'll Sap once or twice then Elim.

2) The last enemy is a caster, and I kill the caster with Sap caster since I should heal more damage than they deal, and they might meditate instead of attack.

Refresh:
You only need to refresh when you're low on health (one hit from dying), and the enemy dodges, but even then, you can sometimes still keep going.

Dodge:
Dodging isn't usually the end of the world, either keep eliminating if you have the breath, and build it back up next battle if you need to; or meditate once or twice, haste, defend for the enemy attack, rally, and elim.

Note: If you're 5-10 breath away from Elim, you can cast Haste + Rally to get that breath instead of casting Meditate.
First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Haste (targeting Banisher)
3) Rally (targeting Banisher)
4) Defend
5) Eliminate

OR

First Battle:
1) Meditate
2) Meditate
3) Haste (targeting Banisher)
4) Defend/Rally (depending on the enemy)
5) Rally/Defend (targeting Banisher) (depending on the enemy)
6) Eliminate

Meditate, haste, and rally will generate enough breath to cast eliminate. You need to defend because you still have 1 turn left before the penalty of meditate wears off.

With the speed of the build, you will be able to defend on your first turn, before the enemies go.

Second Battle:
1) Rally (targeting Banisher)
2) Eliminate

OR

Second Battle:
1) Haste (targeting Banisher)
2) Rally (targeting Banisher)
3) Eliminate

Using haste isn't needed unless you want more breath.

Using Haste will also be useful if you want to heal with Sap since it allows you to Sap once or twice then Elim.

Note: Kill the Rasa Squall and Maned Rasa first when facing them.

Enemy Attack Order:
Hit the melee enemies first, and the mages last. The mage has a chance at charging instead of attacking so you won't take more damage. What to attack first doesn't really matter unless an enemy dodges, so feel free to do whatever you want instead.

Sap Usage:
There are 2 situations where I use Sap:
1) I used Haste at the beginning and have 2+ turns before the last enemy, so I'll Sap once or twice then Elim.

2) The last enemy is a caster, and I kill the caster with Sap caster since I should heal more damage than they deal, and they might meditate instead of attack.

Refresh:
You only need to refresh when you're low on health (one hit from dying), and the enemy dodges, but even then, you can sometimes still keep going.

Dodge:
Dodging isn't usually the end of the world, either keep eliminating if you have the breath, and build it back up next battle if you need to; or meditate once or twice, haste, defend for the enemy attack, rally, and elim.

Note: If you're 5-10 breath away from Elim, you can cast Haste + Rally to get that breath instead of casting Meditate.
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
*NOTE:* All of these numbers are assuming you don't miss an attack. You might want to refresh if you miss an eliminate before your breath it at 70 (70 breath is the point where missing with eliminate still leaves you with enough breath to try again).
Enemy Groups

3 Mages
2 Mages + 1 Melee
1 Mage + 2 Melee
2 Melee
3 Melee
Max Hits Turn 1

Max Hits Later

Refresh Turn 1

No
No
No
No
No

Anything
First battle: It doesn't really matter what you start on.
Later Battles: You really won't get hit much unless you have bad luck with dodges.

Yeti:
These take 2 eliminates to kill or Rally Sap + Rally Elim, so they're not a big issue, even for a starting battle (just use meditate twice).
*NOTE:* All of these numbers are assuming you don't miss an attack. You might want to refresh if you miss an eliminate before your breath it at 70 (70 breath is the point where missing with eliminate still leaves you with enough breath to try again).
Enemy Groups

3 Mages
2 Mages + 1 Melee
1 Mage + 2 Melee
2 Melee
3 Melee
Max Hits Turn 1

Max Hits Later

Refresh Turn 1

No
No
No
No
No

Anything
First battle: It doesn't really matter what you start on.
Later Battles: You really won't get hit much unless you have bad luck with dodges.

Yeti:
These take 2 eliminates to kill or Rally Sap + Rally Elim, so they're not a big issue, even for a starting battle (just use meditate twice).
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
-- Reserved --
-- Reserved --
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I'm sure you're aware this build will need some re-working thanks to the new Boreal update, but I can say for sure that the Walruses need two rallied eliminates with the STR stat as it is now. I haven't encountered any of the other new ones yet, but those for sure complicate things a bit.
I'm sure you're aware this build will need some re-working thanks to the new Boreal update, but I can say for sure that the Walruses need two rallied eliminates with the STR stat as it is now. I haven't encountered any of the other new ones yet, but those for sure complicate things a bit.
PJb908Z.png
@BrandonFlowers
Yep, I'm aware (I updated the main post a few minutes ago)! Thanks for the heads up, I'm working on the updated stats right now :)
@BrandonFlowers
Yep, I'm aware (I updated the main post a few minutes ago)! Thanks for the heads up, I'm working on the updated stats right now :)
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
THE BUILD HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!

The new stats are
Str = 104
Qck = 90

The post for the stats is updated as well: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2620315/1#post_37445725

The enemies and element posts have also been updated!
THE BUILD HAS BEEN UPDATED!!!

The new stats are
Str = 104
Qck = 90

The post for the stats is updated as well: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2620315/1#post_37445725

The enemies and element posts have also been updated!
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
1 2