Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Outdated] Lair Tab Simulator
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@Darkfrost Super belated response but thanks for the help! I was able to jury-rig something together that worked!
@Darkfrost Super belated response but thanks for the help! I was able to jury-rig something together that worked!
singerrunesig.png wowbox.png
tatsbox.png
firstgenr.png
Rynn.png
wow this looks kickass. can you add me to the pinglist for updates and stuff, please? i'll make sure to give this spreadsheet a whirl at the weekend. thanks so much for your hard work!
wow this looks kickass. can you add me to the pinglist for updates and stuff, please? i'll make sure to give this spreadsheet a whirl at the weekend. thanks so much for your hard work!
@erbor Thank you, and I've added you! :D
@erbor Thank you, and I've added you! :D
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

skits_achievement_by_starfruit_anon-dbnbwsb.png
Make your own Dragon Skits over here!
wow, i feel really stupid. I can't figure out how to put dragons in.
wow, i feel really stupid. I can't figure out how to put dragons in.
Y8G3VkS.jpg
@1esbian Some ideas for what you could try :O (if you haven't already)

1. ) On Dragon Info, add the dragon's information (say, ID, Name, Element & Gender), as well as at least 1 group under "Lair Groups" (just type out what you want to call that group, and it'll be added to the selection of possible lair groups automatically)
2) On one of the lair tabs themselves, select a group under "Show Group"

Hope this helps ^^ If not, let me know!
@1esbian Some ideas for what you could try :O (if you haven't already)

1. ) On Dragon Info, add the dragon's information (say, ID, Name, Element & Gender), as well as at least 1 group under "Lair Groups" (just type out what you want to call that group, and it'll be added to the selection of possible lair groups automatically)
2) On one of the lair tabs themselves, select a group under "Show Group"

Hope this helps ^^ If not, let me know!
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

@darkfrost I haven't tried the second option but the first one isn't working for me ^^
@darkfrost I haven't tried the second option but the first one isn't working for me ^^
Y8G3VkS.jpg
@1esbian
Sorry for not clarifying, I meant it as a 1st step/2nd step thing ^^;;

If doing both doesn't work, would you mind sending me a link to your sheet via private message? Then I could take a look at it myself :O
(Though you'd have to change the visibility of the sheet too, by clicking "Share" in the top right corner of the spreadsheet, then selecting "Advanced", and changing "Private - Only you can access" to "Anyone with the link can view")
@1esbian
Sorry for not clarifying, I meant it as a 1st step/2nd step thing ^^;;

If doing both doesn't work, would you mind sending me a link to your sheet via private message? Then I could take a look at it myself :O
(Though you'd have to change the visibility of the sheet too, by clicking "Share" in the top right corner of the spreadsheet, then selecting "Advanced", and changing "Private - Only you can access" to "Anyone with the link can view")
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

@dothraki
@dothraki
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
@Darkfrost

If I'm not even sure what I'd be doing with this is it even woth using with the new in-game lair structure available ?
@Darkfrost

If I'm not even sure what I'd be doing with this is it even woth using with the new in-game lair structure available ?
1582_200px_urbancountry26_by_miirshroom-dce92sn.png B18_L.pngc1-M13-1001.pngc2-M29-1001.pngc3-L15-1001.pngc4-L16-1001.pngc5-S18-1001.pngT10.pngB18_R.png
CJzWIft.png
[quote name="urbancountry26" date="2021-07-18 14:02:33" ] @/Darkfrost If I'm not even sure what I'd be doing with this is it even woth using with the new in-game lair structure available ? [/quote] @urbancountry26 I have no idea how you even found this thread. But basically; [img]https://i.imgur.com/TzLHjW2.png[/img] Lair Tab Simulator 2000[sup]TM[/sup] came out in 2017. [img]https://i.imgur.com/AZK1KYP.png[/img] Lair Tabs as an official feature came out in 2019. ----- Now that Lair Tabs are an Official Feature[sup]TM[/sup], the spreadsheet is no longer being developed. That said, I've left it up, because why not? ¯\_(^^)_/¯ Some key differences between the two would be: [LIST] [*] Setting up the spreadsheet is more work [*] It doesn't actually appear on-site for other people viewing your lair [*] LTS lets dragons be sorted into multiple lair groups at once [*] LTS lets you use scries/dressing room previews instead of the dragon's actual in-game appearance [*] LTS lets you add familiars or custom images (i.e. Art) instead of a dragon't image [*] LTS lets you use custom links, so you could i.e. link to a tumblr post on lore for a dragon you no longer have, or never had, that exists in your lore [*] LTS lets you choose between 5 or 6 dragons per row (as opposed to the official 5 or 4) [*] LTS lets you create and use custom elements, i.e. "Beastclan", "Shade", or "Neutral" [*] LTS was a lot of fun (and sometimes headache) to create. I still use it as a reference for "wait how did I do this again" when making new spreadsheets. [*] If you have a project such as "getting art for every dragon in my lair" and want to keep track of that by having all the dragons listed in one place, with said art shown for those that already have it? Then yeah, you could probably get some use out of it. [*] If you want to write lore for all your dragons, you could maybe add them to the spreadsheet and put them into different groups - "Done", "WIP", "Not Started" - and use that for viewing which of your dragons still need it without disrupting the actual order and tabs of your lair. [/LIST] That said, I don't personally use the spreadsheet anymore (though I probably should for that last example :p ), because the new system is just SO much more convenient. I still have my own version of the spreadsheet lying around, and sometimes I use it to look up all the dragons that died in my lore (from a cave-in and the ensuing Emperor after) that were exalted, but I haven't updated it in forever and don't really plan to. [b]Tldr;[/b] No, probably not worth using unless you have a specific goal in mind besides "sort my dragons into groups". But if you still wanted to use it, feel free.
urbancountry26 wrote on 2021-07-18 14:02:33:
@/Darkfrost

@urbancountry26 I have no idea how you even found this thread. But basically;

TzLHjW2.png

Lair Tab Simulator 2000TM came out in 2017.

AZK1KYP.png

Lair Tabs as an official feature came out in 2019.

Now that Lair Tabs are an Official FeatureTM, the spreadsheet is no longer being developed. That said, I've left it up, because why not? ¯\_(^^)_/¯

Some key differences between the two would be:
  • Setting up the spreadsheet is more work
  • It doesn't actually appear on-site for other people viewing your lair
  • LTS lets dragons be sorted into multiple lair groups at once
  • LTS lets you use scries/dressing room previews instead of the dragon's actual in-game appearance
  • LTS lets you add familiars or custom images (i.e. Art) instead of a dragon't image
  • LTS lets you use custom links, so you could i.e. link to a tumblr post on lore for a dragon you no longer have, or never had, that exists in your lore
  • LTS lets you choose between 5 or 6 dragons per row (as opposed to the official 5 or 4)
  • LTS lets you create and use custom elements, i.e. "Beastclan", "Shade", or "Neutral"
  • LTS was a lot of fun (and sometimes headache) to create. I still use it as a reference for "wait how did I do this again" when making new spreadsheets.
  • If you have a project such as "getting art for every dragon in my lair" and want to keep track of that by having all the dragons listed in one place, with said art shown for those that already have it? Then yeah, you could probably get some use out of it.
  • If you want to write lore for all your dragons, you could maybe add them to the spreadsheet and put them into different groups - "Done", "WIP", "Not Started" - and use that for viewing which of your dragons still need it without disrupting the actual order and tabs of your lair.

That said, I don't personally use the spreadsheet anymore (though I probably should for that last example :p ), because the new system is just SO much more convenient. I still have my own version of the spreadsheet lying around, and sometimes I use it to look up all the dragons that died in my lore (from a cave-in and the ensuing Emperor after) that were exalted, but I haven't updated it in forever and don't really plan to.

Tldr; No, probably not worth using unless you have a specific goal in mind besides "sort my dragons into groups". But if you still wanted to use it, feel free.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11