Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | K1NG's Fodder Punting Builds WIP
1 2
THREE YEARS OLD OH BOY yeah this is just. so out of date. if you want my new thread, check it out [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2889883]here[/url]! ----- i might start a new one for all the builds i [i]actually[/i] use aka.... mech hell. Hey~ I enjoy making coliseum guides, as well as fiddling around with builds. I've found some systems that work well for me, so I figured I'd share them with you in case you were interested. My grinding style uses the least amount of buffs possible, and is pretty different from most of the other guides you'll find, so who knows? You may find something that clicks with you. I don't have that many builds figured out at the moment, but it'll be easier to track this now rather than after I have four or five. For now, it's just ghostbusting in the Ghostlight Ruins and smashing mechs in Mechanical Hell (aka the Golem Workshop— which is honestly the most efficient place). [quote=Table of Contents] [LIST] [*][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2154031#post_26425349]Ghostlight Ruins double teaming[/url] [/LIST][/quote] Yup that's it for now.
THREE YEARS OLD OH BOY
yeah this is just. so out of date.
if you want my new thread, check it out here!

i might start a new one for all the builds i actually use aka.... mech hell.

Hey~
I enjoy making coliseum guides, as well as fiddling around with builds. I've found some systems that work well for me, so I figured I'd share them with you in case you were interested.

My grinding style uses the least amount of buffs possible, and is pretty different from most of the other guides you'll find, so who knows? You may find something that clicks with you.

I don't have that many builds figured out at the moment, but it'll be easier to track this now rather than after I have four or five.
For now, it's just ghostbusting in the Ghostlight Ruins and smashing mechs in Mechanical Hell (aka the Golem Workshop— which is honestly the most efficient place).

Table of Contents wrote:

Yup that's it for now.
A fairly personal guide written for my own dragons, but if you want you can adapt this. Build info is given, and it’s a double teaming technique. This is exclusively for the Ghostlight Ruins. [size=1]never again will I try to solo the Ruins oh my god[/size] Let’s go! [size=5][b]— So, basic stuff.[/b][/size] The brawlers in this venue are: [indent]Wendigo, Pronghorn Stomper, Shatterbone Vulture, Tatterwing Carcass, Wraith Hound, Infestation Hound, Tengu Caller, Greybeak Reaper, Carrioncorn and the Nightmare[/indent] The mages are: [indent]Aer Phantom, Lux Spectre, Otherworldly Aura, Sombre Spirit, Longneck Medium, Longneck Scholar[/indent] The bosses are both brawlers and are the Disoriented Spirit and the Malevolent Spirit. The only enemies that pose an elemental threat are the Sombre Spirits, as they’re supereffective on Vyr. Aureum is faster, but Vyr is stronger. Because Aureum is a speedy frick, you need this setup: [center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/bc7b9a31cc607f98f54e4d28bbc766a6/tumblr_inline_olfotcprIE1uexmut_500.png[/img] [/center] Aureum is in the first slot because she can afford to have a turn eaten by the ambush glitch. Vyr needs those two extra turns in the case of a boss starting mob. Their builds, for interest’s sake: [center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c0fc3be268f3d8c61584d426be583d82/tumblr_inline_olfotqPVI01uexmut_540.png[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/39085a5c1ceff3b050e866de38228599/tumblr_inline_olfotqP6tN1uexmut_1280.png[/img][/center] Most guides have haste in place shred. I personally cannot stand this. You can already outspeed everything you need to as it is (the wonders of two dragons), and that extra bit of speed is not gonna help you with Sombres, Spectres, Auras, vultures, or Phantoms. Better to have shred so you can kill bosses. They’re also tankier than most other builds which is important for me. Nature has no mage weaknesses here, and Ice only has the one. Their elements matter. Now, the actual guide. [size=5][b]— Starting Mobs[/b][/size] Mages are your friends here. They [i]have[/i] to waste a turn to meditate, so you need a starter mob with three enemies, two of which HAVE to be mages. A perfectly ideal mob is three Mediums, though the chances you’ll get that are slim. Refresh until you have a good mob. Keep in mind: [LIST] [*]DO NOT START WITH ALL SOMBRES. They can and will utterly destroy Vyr. You see this as a starter, REFRESH. [*]Anything with four. LEAVE. [*]A mob with two or more brawlers is a bad time to start on. You can probably pull it off but you’ll be hurting for both health and breath. You can try stuff out once you have the hang of it, but I wouldn’t recommend starting with any fewer than two (not Sombre) mages. [*]If you start on a boss, stay. You can kill it. I’ll get to that later, but any time you have a chance of killing a boss, take it. If you get a boss drop that’s serious money. [*]Starting with a brawler and a Sombre is iffy. You can do it, but you may want to just try again. [/LIST] Now you have a line of hapless mages you can rip apart, scratch them all to hell. Do not use elim in your first fight— you probably won’t be able to anyway. Onto the bulk of your grinding! [size=5][b]— Let’s get you ghostbusting.[/b][/size] Once you have a nice chunk of breath and your first mob is dead, you’ll start encountering brawlers. If you meet another all-mage mob (containing one or less Sombres), scratch that to hell again. Never waste a chance at free breath if you have the health to tank one or two hits. Believe me, you need all the breath you can get. But, if your second mob are brawlers, this is what I do. You can rallyelim everything but bosses in here, but I prefer this method. Scratchelim everything. It doesn’t matter. Vyr can probably oneshot elim some stuff but the extra breath is more than worth a few extra hits. [b]If you get low on health, replace a scratch with a sap. It does the same damage and will recover a bit of health for you. It does use 15 breath, so if you need to regain a lot of health, use scratch wherever possible to get the required breath.[/b] And now mobs! [b]If you have all brawlers:[/b] [LIST] [*]If there are no vultures: [*][indent]I go in a row top down. Aureum scratch, Vyr elim the same enemy, Vyr scratch the next one. Then you have a choice. Depending on who’s more hurt/has less breath: [/indent] [*][indent][indent]Aureum can elim the damaged one, and Vyr scratches the last one.[/indent][/indent] [*][indent][indent]OR[/indent][/indent] [*][indent][indent]Aureum scratches so you have two damaged enemies, and then Vyr elims one.[/indent][/indent] [*][indent]The last one standing will have one turn, and then you have a wounded enemy and three turns. DO NOT ELIMINATE IT. Scratch. You can fourhit everything in here, and it’s free breath. If it dodges, however, you will need to elim if you don’t want to take unnecessary damage. Depending on when it dodges (may the gods forbid it’s not the last hit), make a call on who needs more breath/can afford to potentially lose it less.[/indent] [*]If it’s all vultures, it doesn’t matter order. You’ll take a hit regardless because those frickers are fast. The only difference between these fricks and other brawlers is that you don’t get three free turns— you only two turns before it goes again. You have to elim the last one, and I suggest doing it as soon as possible because they also dodge. A lot. Better to have two shots at ending the fight than missing and taking even more damage. [*]If you have one or two vultures and one other brawler, scratchelim the vultures/one of the other brawlers, then scratch the last standing enemy to hell.[/LIST] [b]All mages:[/b] [LIST] [*]All Scholars: [*][indent]treat it like a non-vulture brawlmob. Scratchelim two, scratch, then it meditates, then you scratch three times. You take no damage and get a good bit of breath. I would not recommend trying to scratch a threemob of Scholars. That Envenom is [i]nasty[/i]. [/indent] [*]All Sombres: [*][indent]Kill them all as fast as possible. Not only are they fast, they also have Shroud— the elemental Shadow attack. Not only is it strong, it can also blind you, meaning you have a chance of attacks missing. If you’ve been blinded, [b]use scratch only until it wears off[/b]. Missing an elim is not an option if it can be at all avoided. These things are just bad news.[/indent] [*]All Auras/Spectres/Phantoms (aka “other mages”) [*][indent]You can scratchelim if you like, or just treat them like a scratching post. Depends on your health and breath levels.[/indent] [*]Other mages and Sombres: [*][indent]Kill the Sombres, then evaluate. This is the one time I’d recommend scratching a Sombre— but only if there’s one.[/indent] [*]Other mages and Scholars: [*][indent]You can probably scratch the Scholar, even if there’s two of them. You may not want to try your luck though. You can treat these mobs how you like.[/indent] [/LIST] [size=1]I'm too tired to deal with wrangling the bbcode rn so I'll fix up those disasters of an imitation nested list when I can[/size] [b]Mixmobs:[/b] [LIST] [*]Usually, you want to kill any brawlers first. This can change, however, if you miss and there are Sombres. That’s really the only change though. You probably won’t get those extra scratches, but you also likely won’t take damage. [/LIST] [b]Fourmobs:[/b] [LIST] [*]If there are two brawlers and two mages, you can get through with no damage if you carefully monitor the turn order. Kill brawlers before mages, even if there are Sombres, and kill fast mages before Longnecks. [*]If there are three brawlers and one mage, you’re gonna take a hit. Kill vultures and damage whichever enemy, brawler or mage, that will go next. Then standard scratchelim until you win. [/LIST] [b]My general order for killing things is:[/b] [LIST=1] [*]Vultures [*]all other brawlers/Sombres (if it’ll have a chance to fire a shot off before a brawler, kill it first. It will do more damage than the brawler, especially if Vyr gets it which there is a good chance of.) [*]Auras/Spectres/Phantoms (fast, but no elemental attacks other than the bolts so relatively low-threat) [*]Scholars (slow as hell, but they can do a frikkin ton of damage if they get an Envenom off— and it can poison you) [*]Mediums (neutral AND slow lel they got the short end of the stick here) [/LIST] [size=5][b]— And now… Bosses.[/b][/size] [b]Starting on a boss:[/b] [LIST] [*]This is totally possible and pretty easy honestly. What you wanna do: [*]Turn one: Aureum rallies [*]Turn two: Vyr rallies [*]Turn three: Vyr scratches [*]Turn four: Aureum scratches [*]Turn five: Vyr shreds. [*]This is the key. Aureum is faster, so her job is to build up enough breath to elim. Vyr is stronger, so her bleed damage will be higher. It’s her job to keep the boss bleeding. Once you get an elim off on it, you’re gonna win. Just keep scratching. [*]If your elim misses, try to evaluate if you have a chance of winning (it’s been missing attacks, attacking your trainee, that kind of thing). If not, refresh. You don’t wanna lose. [*]You’ll have to refresh after the fight. [/LIST] [b]Encountering a boss:[/b] You’re gonna win unless it dodges all your eliminates. You have the advantage of pre-built breath. [LIST] [*]Rally both, then each drop an elim. Vyr still needs to shred it, then go back to slamming it with elims if you can, then scratch/shred if you can’t. [*]Believe me, you can only lose if you’re extremely unlucky. [/LIST] Think that’s it~
A fairly personal guide written for my own dragons, but if you want you can adapt this. Build info is given, and it’s a double teaming technique.
This is exclusively for the Ghostlight Ruins.
never again will I try to solo the Ruins oh my god
Let’s go!

— So, basic stuff.
The brawlers in this venue are:
Wendigo, Pronghorn Stomper, Shatterbone Vulture, Tatterwing Carcass, Wraith Hound, Infestation Hound, Tengu Caller, Greybeak Reaper, Carrioncorn and the Nightmare

The mages are:
Aer Phantom, Lux Spectre, Otherworldly Aura, Sombre Spirit, Longneck Medium, Longneck Scholar

The bosses are both brawlers and are the Disoriented Spirit and the Malevolent Spirit.

The only enemies that pose an elemental threat are the Sombre Spirits, as they’re supereffective on Vyr.

Aureum is faster, but Vyr is stronger. Because Aureum is a speedy frick, you need this setup:
tumblr_inline_olfotcprIE1uexmut_500.png

Aureum is in the first slot because she can afford to have a turn eaten by the ambush glitch. Vyr needs those two extra turns in the case of a boss starting mob.

Their builds, for interest’s sake:
tumblr_inline_olfotqPVI01uexmut_540.png
tumblr_inline_olfotqP6tN1uexmut_1280.png

Most guides have haste in place shred. I personally cannot stand this. You can already outspeed everything you need to as it is (the wonders of two dragons), and that extra bit of speed is not gonna help you with Sombres, Spectres, Auras, vultures, or Phantoms.
Better to have shred so you can kill bosses.

They’re also tankier than most other builds which is important for me.

Nature has no mage weaknesses here, and Ice only has the one. Their elements matter.

Now, the actual guide.

— Starting Mobs
Mages are your friends here. They have to waste a turn to meditate, so you need a starter mob with three enemies, two of which HAVE to be mages.

A perfectly ideal mob is three Mediums, though the chances you’ll get that are slim. Refresh until you have a good mob.
Keep in mind:
  • DO NOT START WITH ALL SOMBRES. They can and will utterly destroy Vyr. You see this as a starter, REFRESH.
  • Anything with four. LEAVE.
  • A mob with two or more brawlers is a bad time to start on. You can probably pull it off but you’ll be hurting for both health and breath. You can try stuff out once you have the hang of it, but I wouldn’t recommend starting with any fewer than two (not Sombre) mages.
  • If you start on a boss, stay. You can kill it. I’ll get to that later, but any time you have a chance of killing a boss, take it. If you get a boss drop that’s serious money.
  • Starting with a brawler and a Sombre is iffy. You can do it, but you may want to just try again.

Now you have a line of hapless mages you can rip apart, scratch them all to hell. Do not use elim in your first fight— you probably won’t be able to anyway.

Onto the bulk of your grinding!

— Let’s get you ghostbusting.
Once you have a nice chunk of breath and your first mob is dead, you’ll start encountering brawlers. If you meet another all-mage mob (containing one or less Sombres), scratch that to hell again. Never waste a chance at free breath if you have the health to tank one or two hits. Believe me, you need all the breath you can get.

But, if your second mob are brawlers, this is what I do. You can rallyelim everything but bosses in here, but I prefer this method.
Scratchelim everything. It doesn’t matter. Vyr can probably oneshot elim some stuff but the extra breath is more than worth a few extra hits.

If you get low on health, replace a scratch with a sap. It does the same damage and will recover a bit of health for you. It does use 15 breath, so if you need to regain a lot of health, use scratch wherever possible to get the required breath.

And now mobs!

If you have all brawlers:
  • If there are no vultures:
  • I go in a row top down. Aureum scratch, Vyr elim the same enemy, Vyr scratch the next one. Then you have a choice. Depending on who’s more hurt/has less breath:
  • Aureum can elim the damaged one, and Vyr scratches the last one.
  • OR
  • Aureum scratches so you have two damaged enemies, and then Vyr elims one.
  • The last one standing will have one turn, and then you have a wounded enemy and three turns. DO NOT ELIMINATE IT. Scratch. You can fourhit everything in here, and it’s free breath. If it dodges, however, you will need to elim if you don’t want to take unnecessary damage. Depending on when it dodges (may the gods forbid it’s not the last hit), make a call on who needs more breath/can afford to potentially lose it less.
  • If it’s all vultures, it doesn’t matter order. You’ll take a hit regardless because those frickers are fast. The only difference between these fricks and other brawlers is that you don’t get three free turns— you only two turns before it goes again. You have to elim the last one, and I suggest doing it as soon as possible because they also dodge. A lot. Better to have two shots at ending the fight than missing and taking even more damage.
  • If you have one or two vultures and one other brawler, scratchelim the vultures/one of the other brawlers, then scratch the last standing enemy to hell.

All mages:
  • All Scholars:
  • treat it like a non-vulture brawlmob. Scratchelim two, scratch, then it meditates, then you scratch three times. You take no damage and get a good bit of breath. I would not recommend trying to scratch a threemob of Scholars. That Envenom is nasty.
  • All Sombres:
  • Kill them all as fast as possible. Not only are they fast, they also have Shroud— the elemental Shadow attack. Not only is it strong, it can also blind you, meaning you have a chance of attacks missing. If you’ve been blinded, use scratch only until it wears off. Missing an elim is not an option if it can be at all avoided. These things are just bad news.
  • All Auras/Spectres/Phantoms (aka “other mages”)
  • You can scratchelim if you like, or just treat them like a scratching post. Depends on your health and breath levels.
  • Other mages and Sombres:
  • Kill the Sombres, then evaluate. This is the one time I’d recommend scratching a Sombre— but only if there’s one.
  • Other mages and Scholars:
  • You can probably scratch the Scholar, even if there’s two of them. You may not want to try your luck though. You can treat these mobs how you like.

I'm too tired to deal with wrangling the bbcode rn so I'll fix up those disasters of an imitation nested list when I can

Mixmobs:
  • Usually, you want to kill any brawlers first. This can change, however, if you miss and there are Sombres. That’s really the only change though. You probably won’t get those extra scratches, but you also likely won’t take damage.

Fourmobs:
  • If there are two brawlers and two mages, you can get through with no damage if you carefully monitor the turn order. Kill brawlers before mages, even if there are Sombres, and kill fast mages before Longnecks.
  • If there are three brawlers and one mage, you’re gonna take a hit. Kill vultures and damage whichever enemy, brawler or mage, that will go next. Then standard scratchelim until you win.

My general order for killing things is:
  1. Vultures
  2. all other brawlers/Sombres (if it’ll have a chance to fire a shot off before a brawler, kill it first. It will do more damage than the brawler, especially if Vyr gets it which there is a good chance of.)
  3. Auras/Spectres/Phantoms (fast, but no elemental attacks other than the bolts so relatively low-threat)
  4. Scholars (slow as hell, but they can do a frikkin ton of damage if they get an Envenom off— and it can poison you)
  5. Mediums (neutral AND slow lel they got the short end of the stick here)

— And now… Bosses.
Starting on a boss:
  • This is totally possible and pretty easy honestly. What you wanna do:
  • Turn one: Aureum rallies
  • Turn two: Vyr rallies
  • Turn three: Vyr scratches
  • Turn four: Aureum scratches
  • Turn five: Vyr shreds.
  • This is the key. Aureum is faster, so her job is to build up enough breath to elim. Vyr is stronger, so her bleed damage will be higher. It’s her job to keep the boss bleeding. Once you get an elim off on it, you’re gonna win. Just keep scratching.
  • If your elim misses, try to evaluate if you have a chance of winning (it’s been missing attacks, attacking your trainee, that kind of thing). If not, refresh. You don’t wanna lose.
  • You’ll have to refresh after the fight.

Encountering a boss:
You’re gonna win unless it dodges all your eliminates. You have the advantage of pre-built breath.
  • Rally both, then each drop an elim. Vyr still needs to shred it, then go back to slamming it with elims if you can, then scratch/shred if you can’t.
  • Believe me, you can only lose if you’re extremely unlucky.

Think that’s it~
And then Mech Hell (the most useful one imo)
aka "my new home"
And then Mech Hell (the most useful one imo)
aka "my new home"
and the rest will be for whatever I do next/other observations/random stuff

kinda wanna have one for kelp beds and mire even though i can't stand the new mire, and i've never touched the beds....
we'll see
i have half my lair to train anyway
and the rest will be for whatever I do next/other observations/random stuff

kinda wanna have one for kelp beds and mire even though i can't stand the new mire, and i've never touched the beds....
we'll see
i have half my lair to train anyway
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps
beeps