Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Expanded Colors Swatch Chart*UP TO DATE*
1 2 3 4
[center][color=red]***NOTE: ALL SWATCHES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE***[/color][/center] [color=purple][b]COATL COLOR CHART SWATCHES:[/b] UP TO DATE: [url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2UElScMTeNUHR1RW56dGstMEk/view?usp=sharing[/url] This has all of the expanded colors, updated to be as accurate as possible, now that the colors are released. Many of the colors changed by a few shades, especially ears, horns, and shadows. Nearly all of the colors had been off by one or two numbers previously, simply because the coatl chart was a low quality image. Main, shadow, horns,and ears were pulled from baby spirals, belly and accent were pulled from baby imperials. Key: Main - the color of the main body of the dragon Main Shading - the color of the shading the the main body exhibits Belly - the color of the dragons belly, determined by the primary color gene Horn/Fin - the color of the horns and fins of the dragon (on the coatl, the swirly parts on the head and base of the wing), determined by the primary color gene Accent - the color of fins, feathers and other accents on the dragon (on the coatl, the neck feathers and base of the wing), determined by the secondary color gene Ear - color of the dragons ear (or the tongue on the coatl), determined by the primary color gene[/color] ----- [color=blue] [b]Expansion Color Change Comparison Chart:[/b] [url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2UElScMTeNYTNhcEVRV3g5amc/view?usp=sharing[/url] Here's a link to a chart I put together to compare the old colors from before the expansion to how they look post expansion. I have no way of knowing how accurate the old swatches are, and I suspect the difference in ears is largely due to how difficult it is to sample them. There are however, several ears that are different colors rather than just shades, as well as a few horns and shadows, so there is indication that the colors were adjusted a bit (unless it was a mistake on the individual dragon the colors were pulled from, which I have no way to determine). [/color] ----- [color=green][b]POITOX AND BUTPET SWATCHES:[/b] (NOTE: the swatches in this chart have not been updated for accuracy. Nearly all of them are off by at least one number) [url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2UElScMTeNdHdnOU1GamxfSFk/view?usp=sharing[/url] Here's an incomplete but very thorough chart with poitox and butpet. Poitox has gradients in it so you can see shades in between the colors like they are on the dragons. The numbers and color names to the side are my best attempt at matching the swatches to other color genes. Many of the spaces are empty because I haven't finished going through them. EDIT: There were two charts here organized slightly different. I removed the one with less info as it was 100% redundant. Ping me if you want me to update a specific color quickly or have any suggestions. [/color] ----- [color=orange]Notes:[/color] [LIST=1] [*]colors with dashes surrounding them (for example -Antique-) are the new colors that were added in the expansion. [*] Color order is left to right, top to bottom like reading a book. [/LIST] [color=red]LASTLY, anyone can use these images. Feel free to save and edit it for your own needs. Just give credit where credit is due, please.[/color] ----- Pinglist: (I will only ping for completing one of the goals below.) [quote][size=1]@thelegolady @kadathem @witchywriter[/size][/quote] UPDATES: 3-5-16 added chartreuse. currently working on making a more detailed swatch for older colors 3-6-16 added a chart with all old colors sample from the scrying workshop that includes shadows 3-8-16 fixed chart to remove extra empty space between jungle and forest 3-8-16 ADDED POITOX/BUTTERFLY GENE SWATCHES 3-11-16 added and upgraded poitox/butterfly chart that shows the gradients in the poitox genes 3-13-16 added honeydew 3-21-16 added amethyst 3-21-16 added crimson - two colors in one day! 3-28-16 added cinnamon a week late because apparently I hadn't already? 4-15-16 added marigold, and also changed text colors to make it more readable 4-16-16 added dirt, 25 new colors left to go 4-21-16 updated petbut colors since the new petal gene allowed me to sample some of the colors much more accurately, also removed one of the charts that was entirely redundant to reduce clutter and work on my end, and cleaned up the post a bit the make it less cluttered or easier to read 4-22-16 added grape, hopefully this color releases will speed up 4-24-16 THE CHART IS FINISHED - ALL COLORS WILL BE RELEASED JUNE 8TH!!!!! 4-27-16 changed all instances of the word "secondary" to "accent" to make future color maps less confusing 6-11-16 the expansion was released a few days ago, the uppermost chart has been updated to accurately reflect all colors, also added expansion color change comparison chart Goals: [LIST] [*]complete color chart with new colors - *ACHIEVED* [*]add RGB, HSB codes to charts after they're updated [*]find all swatches with differing main colors on body and wings (such as ice) [*]add shadows for all swatches and try to determine if shadows use a transparency pattern or are individually picked [*]create reference color maps for all dragon species [*]match up poitox to most similar swatches [*]match up butterfly to most similar swatches [*]find all shades used in monocolored genes - might have to wait until new wheel is implemented for colors to be standardized across the board [*]study of stained? - this gene basically squares the number of possible colors, idk if I'd ever do this because it would take a loooong time to put together [*]match up swatches to irishim and cryface? - these genes are done by hand, if I go through these at all I would pull out the highlights to show which swatches match. [*]etc... comment if you have something else in mind [/LIST]
***NOTE: ALL SWATCHES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE***

COATL COLOR CHART SWATCHES:

UP TO DATE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2UElScMTeNUHR1RW56dGstMEk/view?usp=sharing
This has all of the expanded colors, updated to be as accurate as possible, now that the colors are released. Many of the colors changed by a few shades, especially ears, horns, and shadows. Nearly all of the colors had been off by one or two numbers previously, simply because the coatl chart was a low quality image.
Main, shadow, horns,and ears were pulled from baby spirals, belly and accent were pulled from baby imperials.

Key:
Main - the color of the main body of the dragon
Main Shading - the color of the shading the the main body exhibits
Belly - the color of the dragons belly, determined by the primary color gene
Horn/Fin - the color of the horns and fins of the dragon (on the coatl, the swirly parts on the head and base of the wing), determined by the primary color gene
Accent - the color of fins, feathers and other accents on the dragon (on the coatl, the neck feathers and base of the wing), determined by the secondary color gene
Ear - color of the dragons ear (or the tongue on the coatl), determined by the primary color gene

Expansion Color Change Comparison Chart:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2UElScMTeNYTNhcEVRV3g5amc/view?usp=sharing

Here's a link to a chart I put together to compare the old colors from before the expansion to how they look post expansion. I have no way of knowing how accurate the old swatches are, and I suspect the difference in ears is largely due to how difficult it is to sample them. There are however, several ears that are different colors rather than just shades, as well as a few horns and shadows, so there is indication that the colors were adjusted a bit (unless it was a mistake on the individual dragon the colors were pulled from, which I have no way to determine).

POITOX AND BUTPET SWATCHES:
(NOTE: the swatches in this chart have not been updated for accuracy. Nearly all of them are off by at least one number)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2UElScMTeNdHdnOU1GamxfSFk/view?usp=sharing

Here's an incomplete but very thorough chart with poitox and butpet. Poitox has gradients in it so you can see shades in between the colors like they are on the dragons. The numbers and color names to the side are my best attempt at matching the swatches to other color genes. Many of the spaces are empty because I haven't finished going through them.

EDIT: There were two charts here organized slightly different. I removed the one with less info as it was 100% redundant.

Ping me if you want me to update a specific color quickly or have any suggestions.

Notes:
  1. colors with dashes surrounding them (for example -Antique-) are the new colors that were added in the expansion.
  2. Color order is left to right, top to bottom like reading a book.

LASTLY, anyone can use these images. Feel free to save and edit it for your own needs. Just give credit where credit is due, please.

Pinglist: (I will only ping for completing one of the goals below.)
UPDATES:
3-5-16 added chartreuse. currently working on making a more detailed swatch for older colors
3-6-16 added a chart with all old colors sample from the scrying workshop that includes shadows
3-8-16 fixed chart to remove extra empty space between jungle and forest
3-8-16 ADDED POITOX/BUTTERFLY GENE SWATCHES
3-11-16 added and upgraded poitox/butterfly chart that shows the gradients in the poitox genes
3-13-16 added honeydew
3-21-16 added amethyst
3-21-16 added crimson - two colors in one day!
3-28-16 added cinnamon a week late because apparently I hadn't already?
4-15-16 added marigold, and also changed text colors to make it more readable
4-16-16 added dirt, 25 new colors left to go
4-21-16 updated petbut colors since the new petal gene allowed me to sample some of the colors much more accurately, also removed one of the charts that was entirely redundant to reduce clutter and work on my end, and cleaned up the post a bit the make it less cluttered or easier to read
4-22-16 added grape, hopefully this color releases will speed up
4-24-16 THE CHART IS FINISHED - ALL COLORS WILL BE RELEASED JUNE 8TH!!!!!
4-27-16 changed all instances of the word "secondary" to "accent" to make future color maps less confusing
6-11-16 the expansion was released a few days ago, the uppermost chart has been updated to accurately reflect all colors, also added expansion color change comparison chart

Goals:
  • complete color chart with new colors - *ACHIEVED*
  • add RGB, HSB codes to charts after they're updated
  • find all swatches with differing main colors on body and wings (such as ice)
  • add shadows for all swatches and try to determine if shadows use a transparency pattern or are individually picked
  • create reference color maps for all dragon species
  • match up poitox to most similar swatches
  • match up butterfly to most similar swatches
  • find all shades used in monocolored genes - might have to wait until new wheel is implemented for colors to be standardized across the board
  • study of stained? - this gene basically squares the number of possible colors, idk if I'd ever do this because it would take a loooong time to put together
  • match up swatches to irishim and cryface? - these genes are done by hand, if I go through these at all I would pull out the highlights to show which swatches match.
  • etc... comment if you have something else in mind
vv View a swatch chart of all of the new colors here! vv
reserved
reserved
*LINKS AND STUFF*

links to other color charts that I have found:

Resonance's color chart with color maps for each species:
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1005921&p=mb
- coatl and nocturne species were added by another user on page 4

Georgieanna's color wheel:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/481857

Rauxel's wheel:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1543325

Wolvenhyde's wheel:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1886471

Let me know if you want me to add another link.
*LINKS AND STUFF*

links to other color charts that I have found:

Resonance's color chart with color maps for each species:
- coatl and nocturne species were added by another user on page 4

Georgieanna's color wheel:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/481857

Rauxel's wheel:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1543325

Wolvenhyde's wheel:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1886471

Let me know if you want me to add another link.
@draconisgirl
Ooooo, this is really great! There used to be a similar chart for the old wheel but the user has not been on in a long time. I'm glad to see someone else made an new one! :)
Can I have a ping when you make the finished version?
@draconisgirl
Ooooo, this is really great! There used to be a similar chart for the old wheel but the user has not been on in a long time. I'm glad to see someone else made an new one! :)
Can I have a ping when you make the finished version?
@thelegolady

I could definitely start a pinglist if people are interested. You can be first on the list. :) I noticed on the new color thread that some people mentioned that several poitox genes in the old colors seem to correlate with new colors. I also want to look into that on this thread, and possibly other genes, like butterfly, which is why I reserved a couple of posts.

I just really like playing with colors and rearranging and organizing them. Other resources I've found just simply aren't an exhaustive study (not that I blame them, it would take a really long time), and some are just organized in ways that I personally don't like. My goal is to organize color genes in easy-to-compare ways, and study color correlations as exhaustively as possible.
@thelegolady

I could definitely start a pinglist if people are interested. You can be first on the list. :) I noticed on the new color thread that some people mentioned that several poitox genes in the old colors seem to correlate with new colors. I also want to look into that on this thread, and possibly other genes, like butterfly, which is why I reserved a couple of posts.

I just really like playing with colors and rearranging and organizing them. Other resources I've found just simply aren't an exhaustive study (not that I blame them, it would take a really long time), and some are just organized in ways that I personally don't like. My goal is to organize color genes in easy-to-compare ways, and study color correlations as exhaustively as possible.
@draconisgirl
Thanks for making the pinglist and putting me on it! :D I would definitely be interested in seeing if you find any correlation between the poitox highlights and other colors.

Here's the old color thread I mentioned, if you want to take a look at it.
(As you can see from the lack of Coatl and Nocturne it's quite out of date)

Also, maybe you could ask to get this thread added to Links to Resources, Tools, & etc. threat? It would be the only up-to-date color guide on there
@draconisgirl
Thanks for making the pinglist and putting me on it! :D I would definitely be interested in seeing if you find any correlation between the poitox highlights and other colors.

Here's the old color thread I mentioned, if you want to take a look at it.
(As you can see from the lack of Coatl and Nocturne it's quite out of date)

Also, maybe you could ask to get this thread added to Links to Resources, Tools, & etc. threat? It would be the only up-to-date color guide on there
bump

added another chart with shadows
bump

added another chart with shadows
BUMP

I added poitox and butterfly colors!
BUMP

I added poitox and butterfly colors!
BUMP

Added a second poitox/butterfly chart that shows the gradients in the poitox genes.

If anyone wants to help matching poitox colors to other gene colors, just reply here with the colors you want me to look at!
BUMP

Added a second poitox/butterfly chart that shows the gradients in the poitox genes.

If anyone wants to help matching poitox colors to other gene colors, just reply here with the colors you want me to look at!
BUMP

added amethyst

only 28 new colors to go (and 9 old colors that haven't been placed on the chart yet)
BUMP

added amethyst

only 28 new colors to go (and 9 old colors that haven't been placed on the chart yet)
1 2 3 4