Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Expanded Colorwheel
1 2 3
I had been planning some breeding projects, and finding the colorwheel was not helping me anticipate colors fully after checking out colors in the search. Essentially it breaks down to the fact that the primary color of a dragon is really a set of three colors, body color, body accent color, extras/horn color. Some of these combinations create such a different look than you may picture from just the colorwheel. Now while I am currently only seeking a small subset of colors and could just look them up and decide which would work for me or not. I decided to take a proactive approach and create a colorwheel that contained all this information, while perhaps an excess of information for some, to others they may find this useful in plotting combinations. Of course in the process of looking up these colors I came to the realization that all the genes use a different set of three colors. So I made that into a chart while I was at it too. Although it is considerably more straightforward than the base colors. I have posted the unlabeled version here as it obscures less, but if you click it will open up a labeled version to help identify what colors you are looking at. Also I cannot guarantee the exactness of these colors, but it is approximately correct. [url=http://ggfrcd.tumblr.com/post/55889962279/expandedcolorwheels][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/29e74635e02db485475532eda83a849f/tumblr_mq75s59RRx1sbylx1o1_500.png[/img] [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b8629fd78a57fc6dc971e3041c706c03/tumblr_mq75s59RRx1sbylx1o3_500.png[/img][/url]
I had been planning some breeding projects, and finding the colorwheel was not helping me anticipate colors fully after checking out colors in the search.

Essentially it breaks down to the fact that the primary color of a dragon is really a set of three colors, body color, body accent color, extras/horn color. Some of these combinations create such a different look than you may picture from just the colorwheel.

Now while I am currently only seeking a small subset of colors and could just look them up and decide which would work for me or not. I decided to take a proactive approach and create a colorwheel that contained all this information, while perhaps an excess of information for some, to others they may find this useful in plotting combinations.

Of course in the process of looking up these colors I came to the realization that all the genes use a different set of three colors. So I made that into a chart while I was at it too. Although it is considerably more straightforward than the base colors.

I have posted the unlabeled version here as it obscures less, but if you click it will open up a labeled version to help identify what colors you are looking at. Also I cannot guarantee the exactness of these colors, but it is approximately correct.

tumblr_mq75s59RRx1sbylx1o1_500.png
tumblr_mq75s59RRx1sbylx1o3_500.png
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
Wow, that is super-fancy. Thanks for the reference - quite interesting!
Wow, that is super-fancy. Thanks for the reference - quite interesting!
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Thanks for this! It'll really come in handy. C:
Thanks for this! It'll really come in handy. C:
ZT1GQLd.png
This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
I always thought violet was a bit weird for having that brown color in it. It looks good, but you don't really expect it to be there.
This is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
I always thought violet was a bit weird for having that brown color in it. It looks good, but you don't really expect it to be there.
Oh these are useful! I'm saving this. Thank you for making it :D
Oh these are useful! I'm saving this. Thank you for making it :D
enhCzub.gif
@Georgieanna This is AWESOME! Would you mind if I linked to or added these pics to my spreadsheet/infodex about FR colors? With credits to you, of course. Regardless, thanks so much sharing this! So pretty, so useful.
@Georgieanna This is AWESOME! Would you mind if I linked to or added these pics to my spreadsheet/infodex about FR colors? With credits to you, of course. Regardless, thanks so much sharing this! So pretty, so useful.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
@Wobblegong
Go ahead, it exists to try be of use.
@Wobblegong
Go ahead, it exists to try be of use.
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
This is REALLY really useful! Thanks so much for this!
This is REALLY really useful! Thanks so much for this!
@Georgieanna Thank you! Added and credited. Thanks again for doing this! Mmmm, colors.
@Georgieanna Thank you! Added and credited. Thanks again for doing this! Mmmm, colors.
w3FkmQd.pngnYfqvkJ.pngkX1MmEz.pngE9LEaQN.pngAy0lrzd.png
I made a similar chart a while back, except I only looked at basic genes and managed to find at least five different colors for each. Maybe we could consolidate info?
I made a similar chart a while back, except I only looked at basic genes and managed to find at least five different colors for each. Maybe we could consolidate info?
1 2 3