Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | All You Need To Know: Adopts
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21
minor title update, and if anyone would like to contribute your thread feel free! I recently had to do a huge purge~
minor title update, and if anyone would like to contribute your thread feel free! I recently had to do a huge purge~
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
@lizziecat1279

How do I make genes on the base? (probably phrased wrong sorry oops).
@lizziecat1279

How do I make genes on the base? (probably phrased wrong sorry oops).
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 96
(last updated 12/8/22 11:50pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
@monster04 That would depend on the program that you have! I use SAI (and I know that GIMP, FireAlpaca, and Photoshop would have similar features) and so what I do is I'll make a new layer between the base layer and the lines layer and then I'll draw in the gene!
If the gene has multiple different colors (such as tiger) then I do one layer for one part of the gene, and another layer for the other part. Many genes such as tiger, eyespots, and crackle will have at least 2 layers for the gene itself.
Then, you make sure to lock the layer (lock opacity, lock transparency, etc. It might be different based on program, I know that in SAI it is lock layer opacity) and you should be able to recolor just that layer freely!

Does that answer your question? If it doesn't then I'll do my best to put together a visual guide for how I have my fluff n stuff adopts set up ^^
@monster04 That would depend on the program that you have! I use SAI (and I know that GIMP, FireAlpaca, and Photoshop would have similar features) and so what I do is I'll make a new layer between the base layer and the lines layer and then I'll draw in the gene!
If the gene has multiple different colors (such as tiger) then I do one layer for one part of the gene, and another layer for the other part. Many genes such as tiger, eyespots, and crackle will have at least 2 layers for the gene itself.
Then, you make sure to lock the layer (lock opacity, lock transparency, etc. It might be different based on program, I know that in SAI it is lock layer opacity) and you should be able to recolor just that layer freely!

Does that answer your question? If it doesn't then I'll do my best to put together a visual guide for how I have my fluff n stuff adopts set up ^^
1artismydrug_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77ji.png wsc_banner_by_lizziecat1279-db1jbdq.pngwyrillengenedresize_by_lizziecat1279-d8e77m6.png
It kind of does and kind of doesn't...(I use FireAlpaca :3)... Do I recolor the gene with each new adoptable..? @lizziecat1279

P.S. Thanks for responding I know you are probably busy with your own things this time of year

(sorry if double pinged-- I wrote your name wrong in the first one and didn't know if you got the ping when I fixed it)
It kind of does and kind of doesn't...(I use FireAlpaca :3)... Do I recolor the gene with each new adoptable..? @lizziecat1279

P.S. Thanks for responding I know you are probably busy with your own things this time of year

(sorry if double pinged-- I wrote your name wrong in the first one and didn't know if you got the ping when I fixed it)
ctYHVNq.png

nt1bp.gif

mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

@monster04 With every order you'll need to color the gene to fit the dragon, unless you were a coding wizard and managed to get things to just go to the right color with every gene. That would probably be more trouble than it's worth.
To get the right color, I use the eyedrop tool (the one where you click and it'll pick up the color of that spot).
@monster04 With every order you'll need to color the gene to fit the dragon, unless you were a coding wizard and managed to get things to just go to the right color with every gene. That would probably be more trouble than it's worth.
To get the right color, I use the eyedrop tool (the one where you click and it'll pick up the color of that spot).
Ok thank you! For the eyedrop tool do you put a picture of the dragon to get the color and remove it later?
Ok thank you! For the eyedrop tool do you put a picture of the dragon to get the color and remove it later?
ctYHVNq.png

nt1bp.gif

mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

@lizziecat1279 I've just decided to start drawing adoptables & was searching for advice & found this super helpful \(^.^)/! I'm gonna ping myself so I don't lose this (^.^)
@tsubasa0seiko
@lizziecat1279 I've just decided to start drawing adoptables & was searching for advice & found this super helpful \(^.^)/! I'm gonna ping myself so I don't lose this (^.^)
@tsubasa0seiko
Dergem%20Noblesse%20sig.png
@monster04 I typically open another file since most programs will allow you to eyedrop between pictures

@tsubasa0seiko I'm so glad that this is helpful!
@monster04 I typically open another file since most programs will allow you to eyedrop between pictures

@tsubasa0seiko I'm so glad that this is helpful!
@lizziecat1279 Hey there~ I'm a new adoptables artist! They're called Dergems (dergs-gems) Would you be willing to put my link up?
~http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1671120/1
@lizziecat1279 Hey there~ I'm a new adoptables artist! They're called Dergems (dergs-gems) Would you be willing to put my link up?
~http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1671120/1
Dergem%20Noblesse%20sig.png
@tsubasa0seiko So sorry for the delay, but I'm adding in your thread now!
@tsubasa0seiko So sorry for the delay, but I'm adding in your thread now!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 21