Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | data on Gathering item frequencies
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 102 103
Added 15 more turns of level 25 water hunting.

1* - 14 bat
1* - 16 anole
1* - 15 sparrow
1* - 1 turtle
1* - 5 mouse
1* - 10 mole
1* - 1 duck
1* - 2 hen
2* - 10 crow
2* - 6 squirrel
2* - 5 snake
3* - 16 newt
3* - 3 striker
4* - 2 budgie
5* - 1 moordwelling trunker

Yes, the second moordwelling trunker I've gotten since I've started recording. :p
Added 15 more turns of level 25 water hunting.

1* - 14 bat
1* - 16 anole
1* - 15 sparrow
1* - 1 turtle
1* - 5 mouse
1* - 10 mole
1* - 1 duck
1* - 2 hen
2* - 10 crow
2* - 6 squirrel
2* - 5 snake
3* - 16 newt
3* - 3 striker
4* - 2 budgie
5* - 1 moordwelling trunker

Yes, the second moordwelling trunker I've gotten since I've started recording. :p
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
@Clocks What the hell, stop getting all the good stuff! :p
@Clocks What the hell, stop getting all the good stuff! :p
@nika They're actually pretty cheap on the AH, so I guess they're not all that rare. Plus that's maybe the 4th one total I've gotten. I've been hunting for a loooong time...
@nika They're actually pretty cheap on the AH, so I guess they're not all that rare. Plus that's maybe the 4th one total I've gotten. I've been hunting for a loooong time...
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
Posted my 15 turns of lvl 25 Scavenging in Arcane.
Posted my 15 turns of lvl 25 Scavenging in Arcane.
♥loveyourself♥
1t4XtaG.png
cRHDWyx.png
EIm5dF9.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu9TKgf1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
ll0CfnD.png
Nf8E9Zp.png
QOzSXsE.png
2ou3Y3v.png
♥lovenature♥
I'm going to ping myself here so I can find it again when I go scavenging tomorrow.

@Byatzine
I'm going to ping myself here so I can find it again when I go scavenging tomorrow.

@Byatzine
Entered data for today, I hope I'll remember to do it tomorrow. :3
Entered data for today, I hope I'll remember to do it tomorrow. :3
coH7AEL.png
Entered data for today.
Entered data for today.
@Azophel: thanks!
@Azophel: thanks!
tumblr_inline_ngstztjukL1rvrguk.png
tumblr_niqg4wZf5W1qfdqpwo2_r1_250.png Breed my dragons (wind)
Entered data for today. Depending on tomorrow's weather I might not be able to go to the library and even log in for tomorrow. Haha. I'm still having internet connection problems and I can only log in when I go the library.
Entered data for today. Depending on tomorrow's weather I might not be able to go to the library and even log in for tomorrow. Haha. I'm still having internet connection problems and I can only log in when I go the library.
@nika Oh, I totally started doing this sort of thing myself a few days ago. I'm currently collecting data on level 25 Fishing in the Fire region. If you curious on my progress/data, you can see it [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gGq1DyykgWwVMso1qN3o_ZUeREi0nmA90DlWnYypnZg/edit?usp=sharing][b]HERE[/b][/url] But I'm taking a bit of different approach, so I don't know if my data will be helpful to you. Instead of total number of a particular item gathered, I am counting Just the number of times an item appears. For instance, if my turn was: "Fissure crawdad (4), Fissure Crawdad (2),Sun Baked Oysters (3)", Fissure Crawdad is counted twice and Sun Baked Oysters only once. I don't even bother recording the # of items. The following admin comments kind of explains why I am doing it this way: [quote]In your example, at level 25 both clover and Maiden's Blush would have the same drop rate and stack size chances.[/quote] This seems to suggest that stack size is rolled separately from drop rate. So wouldn't recording the # of stacks instead of # of items be more useful in gauging the rarity of an item? Or to put it another way, wouldn't know [i] how many times an item appears[/i] more useful than [i] how many items you gather overall[/i]? I feel like rolling 5 stacks of 1 Fissure Crawdad over 5 turns, would suggest a different rarity than 1 stack of 5 over 5 turns, even through the total number of items gathered is the same. What do you think? Then again, is there a difference between following a trail of gold coins vs. happening upon a giant pile of treasure? I don't know.
@nika

Oh, I totally started doing this sort of thing myself a few days ago. I'm currently collecting data on level 25 Fishing in the Fire region. If you curious on my progress/data, you can see it HERE

But I'm taking a bit of different approach, so I don't know if my data will be helpful to you. Instead of total number of a particular item gathered, I am counting Just the number of times an item appears. For instance, if my turn was: "Fissure crawdad (4), Fissure Crawdad (2),Sun Baked Oysters (3)", Fissure Crawdad is counted twice and Sun Baked Oysters only once. I don't even bother recording the # of items.

The following admin comments kind of explains why I am doing it this way:
Quote:
In your example, at level 25 both clover and Maiden's Blush would have the same drop rate and stack size chances.

This seems to suggest that stack size is rolled separately from drop rate. So wouldn't recording the # of stacks instead of # of items be more useful in gauging the rarity of an item? Or to put it another way, wouldn't know how many times an item appears more useful than how many items you gather overall?

I feel like rolling 5 stacks of 1 Fissure Crawdad over 5 turns, would suggest a different rarity than 1 stack of 5 over 5 turns, even through the total number of items gathered is the same. What do you think?

Then again, is there a difference between following a trail of gold coins vs. happening upon a giant pile of treasure? I don't know.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 102 103