Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Train Your Dragon, By Duke
1 2 ... 384 385 386 387 388 ... 471 472
@HunterShadowWolf

Ah, thank you! This might solve my financial problems. I'm still new here and trying to figure out clever ways to make a lot of treasure! :)
@HunterShadowWolf

Ah, thank you! This might solve my financial problems. I'm still new here and trying to figure out clever ways to make a lot of treasure! :)
@BlackNocturne

Personally, I think it's worth having 3 eliminate dragons in your party for grinding. The increased speed is noticeable. However, I agree with HunterShadowWolf that you should have at minimum two if you want pretty efficient grinding. Getting eliminates nowadays is definitely harder than it used to be. Though if you max out the fairgrounds everyday it'll take you 26 days to get enough treasure to buy the three eliminates with a price of 650kt. Of course you can also meltdown materials and sell Baldwin mats, not to mention sell fodder dragons to make treasure/gems too. This'll speed up the process of fund gathering for eliminates.
@BlackNocturne

Personally, I think it's worth having 3 eliminate dragons in your party for grinding. The increased speed is noticeable. However, I agree with HunterShadowWolf that you should have at minimum two if you want pretty efficient grinding. Getting eliminates nowadays is definitely harder than it used to be. Though if you max out the fairgrounds everyday it'll take you 26 days to get enough treasure to buy the three eliminates with a price of 650kt. Of course you can also meltdown materials and sell Baldwin mats, not to mention sell fodder dragons to make treasure/gems too. This'll speed up the process of fund gathering for eliminates.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
Reminder: When this guide was first made, Eliminate was much, much, MUCH cheaper. They used to be cheaper than Ambush stones. As they became the most important stone for farming, and the one you had to get by coli farming because they're never given by Pinkerton, they became more and more expensive.

Combine that with the fact that long-time players can farm a million treasure in a week (525k from Fairgrounds, plus train-and-exalt, plus AH sales of loot from coli farming), and the price gradually grew to what more experienced players were willing to pay.
Reminder: When this guide was first made, Eliminate was much, much, MUCH cheaper. They used to be cheaper than Ambush stones. As they became the most important stone for farming, and the one you had to get by coli farming because they're never given by Pinkerton, they became more and more expensive.

Combine that with the fact that long-time players can farm a million treasure in a week (525k from Fairgrounds, plus train-and-exalt, plus AH sales of loot from coli farming), and the price gradually grew to what more experienced players were willing to pay.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@Thardus

Wait, materials actually cost more after the Baldwin transmutation than before it? Clever! I should give it a try! :)

@ErisLordFreedom

Well, that explains it. I started playing and I was like: "Ok, I need a good coliseum guide to know which stats to increase. Ah, here's one! Alright, I've followed it and got to the level 7 in no time at all. What does it say to do next? Add an Eliminate to each dragon. Let's see how much they cost on the auction house. HOLY COW!!!" And then I had to find another guide. XD
@Thardus

Wait, materials actually cost more after the Baldwin transmutation than before it? Clever! I should give it a try! :)

@ErisLordFreedom

Well, that explains it. I started playing and I was like: "Ok, I need a good coliseum guide to know which stats to increase. Ah, here's one! Alright, I've followed it and got to the level 7 in no time at all. What does it say to do next? Add an Eliminate to each dragon. Let's see how much they cost on the auction house. HOLY COW!!!" And then I had to find another guide. XD
@BlackNocturne

Yup! Unless it's for a desired Swipp trade or brewable item, Baldwin mats will pretty much always be pure profit for what you toss in. As an example, if you were to buy a full stack of cheep coli food, you'd probably spend between 8-10k. However, if you melt that all down into goo that's at least 100 gems right there. Of course it does depend on what color goo comes out of the pot, and the market rises and lowers all the time, but yeah, always melt cheep stuff. It pays.
@BlackNocturne

Yup! Unless it's for a desired Swipp trade or brewable item, Baldwin mats will pretty much always be pure profit for what you toss in. As an example, if you were to buy a full stack of cheep coli food, you'd probably spend between 8-10k. However, if you melt that all down into goo that's at least 100 gems right there. Of course it does depend on what color goo comes out of the pot, and the market rises and lowers all the time, but yeah, always melt cheep stuff. It pays.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
Why do I have limits at one time for how long i can play Coliseum?
Why do I have limits at one time for how long i can play Coliseum?
Used to be OmegaEspeon Please ping me!
Admit it, we all have our inner wild in ourselves.c483QDb.png
@OmegaEspeon

There's no limit at how long you can play Coli, are you talking about Camping by any chance?
@OmegaEspeon

There's no limit at how long you can play Coli, are you talking about Camping by any chance?
hWsjkHE.png
@Elaendorlien

Yes, however I try to play, and then it says I HAVE to play more Camping, disabling my ability to play Coli altogether.
@Elaendorlien

Yes, however I try to play, and then it says I HAVE to play more Camping, disabling my ability to play Coli altogether.
@OmegaEspeon

That happens because Camping is a captcha and is there to catch bots. So if you fail it Coli assumes you are a bot and boots you out for 15 or so minutes
@OmegaEspeon

That happens because Camping is a captcha and is there to catch bots. So if you fail it Coli assumes you are a bot and boots you out for 15 or so minutes
hWsjkHE.png
OH thx
OH thx
1 2 ... 384 385 386 387 388 ... 471 472