Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wildclaws Versus Imperials (Numbers)
1 2 3 4
So, I was just browsing the Auction House when I noticed something peculiar: there are 22 pages of Wildclaws and 114 pages of Imperials.

Wait, what?

Yep, it made me take a step back and think on the matter, for sure. I mean, I know that Wildclaws have a breeding cooldown that's five days longer than an Imperial's, but it still makes little sense to me. Every other breed of dragon appears to have roughly around 100 pages, or more, in the Auction House, so surely that 35 day cooldown period wouldn't affect Wildclaw numbers so drastically.

Do very few people have Wildclaws? Are they a significantly rarer breed than the others - even more so than the near legendary status Imperials once held? Are they merely unpopular? Does the longer cooldown period affect them so dramatically? Or maybe, just maybe, are people using them almost exclusively to breed with other dragon species, rather than Wildclaws?

Those are the hypotheses that came to mind when I thought it over for a few minutes. After some thought, I think I'm personally leaning towards the last possibility I mentioned as being the true reason why there are so few Wildclaws, when compared to the numbers of other dragon species. I think people would rather use Wildclaws to breed with other varieties of dragons (Imperials in particular), and they are doing very little 'purebred' breeding exclusively with Wildclaws. As a result, I'd wager that most of the Wildclaws in the Auction House were simply the result of pure chance from cross-breeding them with other dragon species.

What do you think the reason is behind this? Is it due to one of the reasons I thought of, or do you think it's something else altogether? Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear them!
So, I was just browsing the Auction House when I noticed something peculiar: there are 22 pages of Wildclaws and 114 pages of Imperials.

Wait, what?

Yep, it made me take a step back and think on the matter, for sure. I mean, I know that Wildclaws have a breeding cooldown that's five days longer than an Imperial's, but it still makes little sense to me. Every other breed of dragon appears to have roughly around 100 pages, or more, in the Auction House, so surely that 35 day cooldown period wouldn't affect Wildclaw numbers so drastically.

Do very few people have Wildclaws? Are they a significantly rarer breed than the others - even more so than the near legendary status Imperials once held? Are they merely unpopular? Does the longer cooldown period affect them so dramatically? Or maybe, just maybe, are people using them almost exclusively to breed with other dragon species, rather than Wildclaws?

Those are the hypotheses that came to mind when I thought it over for a few minutes. After some thought, I think I'm personally leaning towards the last possibility I mentioned as being the true reason why there are so few Wildclaws, when compared to the numbers of other dragon species. I think people would rather use Wildclaws to breed with other varieties of dragons (Imperials in particular), and they are doing very little 'purebred' breeding exclusively with Wildclaws. As a result, I'd wager that most of the Wildclaws in the Auction House were simply the result of pure chance from cross-breeding them with other dragon species.

What do you think the reason is behind this? Is it due to one of the reasons I thought of, or do you think it's something else altogether? Share your thoughts; I'd love to hear them!
CattiSig3_zpsaa76c460.png
As wildclaws are mostly used to breed imperials, they have few wildclaw offspring and so their numbers don't grow as much.

I myself just made a wildclaw pair and will have wildclaw hatchlings in a few days :3
As wildclaws are mostly used to breed imperials, they have few wildclaw offspring and so their numbers don't grow as much.

I myself just made a wildclaw pair and will have wildclaw hatchlings in a few days :3
3915_350.png

I only use my 4 Wildclaws to breed with my Imperials. Besides Imperial breeding Wildclaws are virtually useless to me and I've no want to breed them together.

I only use my 4 Wildclaws to breed with my Imperials. Besides Imperial breeding Wildclaws are virtually useless to me and I've no want to breed them together.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
Oh, my bad. There used to be over 100 pages full of Wildclaws, but I stole them all and put them in a secret underground lair. Sorry about that.
Oh, my bad. There used to be over 100 pages full of Wildclaws, but I stole them all and put them in a secret underground lair. Sorry about that.

What is dead may never die
@Noctis

That's great - we really need more Wildclaws, seeing as there are so few.

@Xylom

Yes, I agree, Wildclaws are wonderful tools for breeding Imperials. However, you can't neglect the value in breeding Wildclaw hatchlings specifically. You may have the most wonderful Imperial out there, only to come to find that you can't obtain a suitable mate for it, due to there being so few choices as far as Wildclaws go. That was the case for me. I wasn't able to find a nice mate for one of my dragons, due to there being so small a Wildclaw stock currently.

@Vissivius

You fiend! Dragonapping all of those helpless Wildclaws! You should be locked up in solitary confinement for the rest of your days for such a horrid transgression against Flight Rising and all of its users! Return the dragons at once!

Haha, I love your 'reasoning' there. It brings a bit of fun into the conversation, and that's always a plus.
@Noctis

That's great - we really need more Wildclaws, seeing as there are so few.

@Xylom

Yes, I agree, Wildclaws are wonderful tools for breeding Imperials. However, you can't neglect the value in breeding Wildclaw hatchlings specifically. You may have the most wonderful Imperial out there, only to come to find that you can't obtain a suitable mate for it, due to there being so few choices as far as Wildclaws go. That was the case for me. I wasn't able to find a nice mate for one of my dragons, due to there being so small a Wildclaw stock currently.

@Vissivius

You fiend! Dragonapping all of those helpless Wildclaws! You should be locked up in solitary confinement for the rest of your days for such a horrid transgression against Flight Rising and all of its users! Return the dragons at once!

Haha, I love your 'reasoning' there. It brings a bit of fun into the conversation, and that's always a plus.
I have a pair of G1 Wildclaws that I tend to breed with each other; although for their last cycle one did breed with an imp because I was breeding for a Haku-look alike.
I have a pair of G1 Wildclaws that I tend to breed with each other; although for their last cycle one did breed with an imp because I was breeding for a Haku-look alike.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@DragonSage

Oh, very nice! I love Haku. It would be so nice to see dragons that resemble him around the site!
@DragonSage

Oh, very nice! I love Haku. It would be so nice to see dragons that resemble him around the site!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=775820] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7759/775820_350.png[/img] [/url] @Cattibrie I'll be repeating the breeding because @MourningLily wants a Maize/Seafoam which is a likely possibility since they have a very narrow range. I have four wildclaws; three females and one male. Unfortunately my imp colony has more males than females. I do plan on buying more WC scrolls; I'm half tempted to do a set of whiteish bodied WC with wings that reflect one of the elements and then dress them in the festival appearal; especially since I already have three WC decked in festival appareal.

775820_350.png

@Cattibrie I'll be repeating the breeding because @MourningLily wants a Maize/Seafoam which is a likely possibility since they have a very narrow range.

I have four wildclaws; three females and one male. Unfortunately my imp colony has more males than females. I do plan on buying more WC scrolls; I'm half tempted to do a set of whiteish bodied WC with wings that reflect one of the elements and then dress them in the festival appearal; especially since I already have three WC decked in festival appareal.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Maybe people don't like wildclaws? I recently bred two wildclaws and no one seems all that interested in their babies. :/

I remember how stupidly hard it was to get one a few months ago. Now they're somewhat affordable.
Maybe people don't like wildclaws? I recently bred two wildclaws and no one seems all that interested in their babies. :/

I remember how stupidly hard it was to get one a few months ago. Now they're somewhat affordable.
@AboveClouds

Just about any dragon was ridiculously difficult to obtain a few months ago. Now everyone on this site is well-established, and therefore they are becoming very picky about the dragons they buy or trade for. It's difficult to sell just about any dragons these days, because people go out looking for very specific genes and traits when they choose to add another dragon to their lair. I'll even admit that I'm guilty of it. I don't even bat an eye at some of the dragons I see for auction; whereas a few months ago, I would have been absolutely ecstatic to have purchased them.
@AboveClouds

Just about any dragon was ridiculously difficult to obtain a few months ago. Now everyone on this site is well-established, and therefore they are becoming very picky about the dragons they buy or trade for. It's difficult to sell just about any dragons these days, because people go out looking for very specific genes and traits when they choose to add another dragon to their lair. I'll even admit that I'm guilty of it. I don't even bat an eye at some of the dragons I see for auction; whereas a few months ago, I would have been absolutely ecstatic to have purchased them.
1 2 3 4