Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | CLOSED Free battle dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6
CLOSED! Thanks for coming!

Hello, everyone! You might have seen my thread earlier today, where a lot of fine folks donated dragons and battle stones so that you could set off on your first Coliseum adventure! Please note that you are not obligated to keep this dragon, and you won’t hurt mine or anyone else’s feelings if you later sell or exalt it. It is just there to get you started!

Each dragon will come with the following:
- Level 3 or 4
- Undistributed stat points
- A name (has to be named to fight in the Coliseum—if you don’t like the names they have, a Scroll of Renaming costs 6000 treasure in the Marketplace)
- Three Might/Acuity Fragments (not specifying which, because I can turn your Tundra into a physical dragon or your Guardian into a mage, depending on what you wish. By default here, though, Faes and Tundras are mages and Mirrors and Guardians are physical)
- An elemental attack

RULES:

- Only for new players, i.e. people who have signed up this September
- One dragon per person to start off with, might change this later
- Again, don’t feel obligated to keep it
- First come, first serve
- Tell me which dragon you want! All the dragons have a name, Flight, gender and breed specified below.
- Please be polite. Rudeness towards me or other users will not be tolerated
- Please ping me at @Snaphance when you post so I get a notification C:

STATS:

Since these dragons have undistributed stat points, the first thing you might want to do is to head to “Abilities and Stats” in the Coliseum and distribute them to make a killer dragon! There are many good guides on the Coli out there, and I’ll just do the briefest of rundowns right here:

STR – Strength, how much physical damage your dragon does. If it has the move Scratch, it’s most likely a physical dragon. Scratch, Shred and elemental attacks ending with “Slash” (Freezing Slash, Blazing Slash) are the most important ones.

AGI – Agility, has to do with how often your dragon crits and dodges attacks, but this feature seems to be broken. You are better off putting your points into STR/INT and QCK instead.

QCK – Quickness, how fast your dragon is

INT – Intellect, how much magical damage your dragon does. The moves Meditate and Contuse are default for magical dragons. Elemental attacks ending with “Bolt” (Frigid Bolt, Dark Bolt) and the strongest level 12 moves are also magical.

VIT – Vitality, your dragon’s HP

DEF – Defense, how well your dragon lasts against physical attacks

MND – Mind, how well your dragon lasts against magical attacks

FRAGMENTS:

Please note these are element-specific (same with attacks). You cannot put Ice attacks and Ice stones on a Fire dragon, only Fire attacks and Fire stones.

[Type] Might Fragment: Empowers your dragon with +2 Strength.

[Type] Acuity Fragment: Empowers your dragon with +2 Intellect.

BREATH:

Breath is what you need to get to use high-end attacks in the Coliseum. Physical dragons start with Scratch, which grants them a little breath, and magical dragons start with Meditate. I know it is very tempting to put Meditate on a physical dragon, but Meditate reduces the physical damage you deal with 75% for three turns. I recommend against using it on physical dragons in the beginning, though it’s certainly possible to play with it once you’ve more experience.
CLOSED! Thanks for coming!

Hello, everyone! You might have seen my thread earlier today, where a lot of fine folks donated dragons and battle stones so that you could set off on your first Coliseum adventure! Please note that you are not obligated to keep this dragon, and you won’t hurt mine or anyone else’s feelings if you later sell or exalt it. It is just there to get you started!

Each dragon will come with the following:
- Level 3 or 4
- Undistributed stat points
- A name (has to be named to fight in the Coliseum—if you don’t like the names they have, a Scroll of Renaming costs 6000 treasure in the Marketplace)
- Three Might/Acuity Fragments (not specifying which, because I can turn your Tundra into a physical dragon or your Guardian into a mage, depending on what you wish. By default here, though, Faes and Tundras are mages and Mirrors and Guardians are physical)
- An elemental attack

RULES:

- Only for new players, i.e. people who have signed up this September
- One dragon per person to start off with, might change this later
- Again, don’t feel obligated to keep it
- First come, first serve
- Tell me which dragon you want! All the dragons have a name, Flight, gender and breed specified below.
- Please be polite. Rudeness towards me or other users will not be tolerated
- Please ping me at @Snaphance when you post so I get a notification C:

STATS:

Since these dragons have undistributed stat points, the first thing you might want to do is to head to “Abilities and Stats” in the Coliseum and distribute them to make a killer dragon! There are many good guides on the Coli out there, and I’ll just do the briefest of rundowns right here:

STR – Strength, how much physical damage your dragon does. If it has the move Scratch, it’s most likely a physical dragon. Scratch, Shred and elemental attacks ending with “Slash” (Freezing Slash, Blazing Slash) are the most important ones.

AGI – Agility, has to do with how often your dragon crits and dodges attacks, but this feature seems to be broken. You are better off putting your points into STR/INT and QCK instead.

QCK – Quickness, how fast your dragon is

INT – Intellect, how much magical damage your dragon does. The moves Meditate and Contuse are default for magical dragons. Elemental attacks ending with “Bolt” (Frigid Bolt, Dark Bolt) and the strongest level 12 moves are also magical.

VIT – Vitality, your dragon’s HP

DEF – Defense, how well your dragon lasts against physical attacks

MND – Mind, how well your dragon lasts against magical attacks

FRAGMENTS:

Please note these are element-specific (same with attacks). You cannot put Ice attacks and Ice stones on a Fire dragon, only Fire attacks and Fire stones.

[Type] Might Fragment: Empowers your dragon with +2 Strength.

[Type] Acuity Fragment: Empowers your dragon with +2 Intellect.

BREATH:

Breath is what you need to get to use high-end attacks in the Coliseum. Physical dragons start with Scratch, which grants them a little breath, and magical dragons start with Meditate. I know it is very tempting to put Meditate on a physical dragon, but Meditate reduces the physical damage you deal with 75% for three turns. I recommend against using it on physical dragons in the beginning, though it’s certainly possible to play with it once you’ve more experience.
5mDnfD3.png
DRAGONS:

All gone, sorry! In total, 28 dragons were distributed through this thread!
DRAGONS:

All gone, sorry! In total, 28 dragons were distributed through this thread!
5mDnfD3.png
And we're live! Come forth and request thy dragons!

@solknots and @Magyr requested to be pinged when this thread was up :> (To clarify, they are also newbies looking for dragons! But it's very nice to see that you pinged them nonetheless--sorry for the misunderstanding, I hope this clears things up!)
And we're live! Come forth and request thy dragons!

@solknots and @Magyr requested to be pinged when this thread was up :> (To clarify, they are also newbies looking for dragons! But it's very nice to see that you pinged them nonetheless--sorry for the misunderstanding, I hope this clears things up!)
5mDnfD3.png
@Snaphance This is awesome! The info on stats is really helpful. I would love to have Nightwing! :-)
@Snaphance This is awesome! The info on stats is really helpful. I would love to have Nightwing! :-)
@Snaphance
@solknots
@Magyr

Wow! Not only are you guys doing a really generous thing, all these dragons look great as well! It's hard to decide. Thank you for the information as well.

Arcane was one of the flights I thought about joining, and the representative dragon here is gorgeous, so I would like to put in a request for Elowyn, please.

If she's already taken, Nishtha would be nice, please.
@Snaphance
@solknots
@Magyr

Wow! Not only are you guys doing a really generous thing, all these dragons look great as well! It's hard to decide. Thank you for the information as well.

Arcane was one of the flights I thought about joining, and the representative dragon here is gorgeous, so I would like to put in a request for Elowyn, please.

If she's already taken, Nishtha would be nice, please.
@Snaphance
@solknots
@Magyr

Wow, you guys are amazing! This is amazing! Everything is amazing!

I'd love to get Shadow, the Ice Fae Male, if possible!
@Snaphance
@solknots
@Magyr

Wow, you guys are amazing! This is amazing! Everything is amazing!

I'd love to get Shadow, the Ice Fae Male, if possible!
@Snaphance

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity & generosity
Would love to get Aschokee please ^_^
@Snaphance

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity & generosity
Would love to get Aschokee please ^_^
@sawney
@Empere
@Veralidaine
@CitrusCupcake

I'm currently on a phone, but I just wanted to pop by and confirm that you all will be getting the dragons you have requested! I'll be back on a laptop within the hour to send Crossroads requests and PMs and remove the claimed dragons from the post!

PS. solknots and Magyr are also newbies that wanted to know when this thread was up. I apologise for my unclear wording and have now fixed the posts. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
@sawney
@Empere
@Veralidaine
@CitrusCupcake

I'm currently on a phone, but I just wanted to pop by and confirm that you all will be getting the dragons you have requested! I'll be back on a laptop within the hour to send Crossroads requests and PMs and remove the claimed dragons from the post!

PS. solknots and Magyr are also newbies that wanted to know when this thread was up. I apologise for my unclear wording and have now fixed the posts. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
5mDnfD3.png
Ahh I see XD

And cool, look forward to getting my dragon ^_^
Ahh I see XD

And cool, look forward to getting my dragon ^_^
This is incredibly nice of you! I have yet to dip my feet into the coliseum quite yet, but I'm gradually looking forward to it!

If she's still free, could I request Jade, if that's alright?
This is incredibly nice of you! I have yet to dip my feet into the coliseum quite yet, but I'm gradually looking forward to it!

If she's still free, could I request Jade, if that's alright?
QuvsZIR.gifeLnOQha.gifmVtcW7A.png
1 2 3 4 5 6