Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Saturated Market
1 2
Has anyone else noticed how flooded the dragon market is these days? I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this, or If I'm being ridiculous, but it seems that everyone I talk to is having a near impossible time moving their dragons or getting reserves on future hatchlings filled. I wonder if this will become a bigger issue in the future when FR has even more players? Feel free to share your own stories or tell me I'm wrong.
Has anyone else noticed how flooded the dragon market is these days? I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this, or If I'm being ridiculous, but it seems that everyone I talk to is having a near impossible time moving their dragons or getting reserves on future hatchlings filled. I wonder if this will become a bigger issue in the future when FR has even more players? Feel free to share your own stories or tell me I'm wrong.
It is flooded, and that bit of lag last week did NOT help matters as people couldn't load the games to buy dragons in most cases. Hopefully it'll stabilize eventually. Though to be entirely fair, saturation was inevitable - it just came a LOT faster than it usually does to other pet sites.
It is flooded, and that bit of lag last week did NOT help matters as people couldn't load the games to buy dragons in most cases. Hopefully it'll stabilize eventually. Though to be entirely fair, saturation was inevitable - it just came a LOT faster than it usually does to other pet sites.
Yes, I think it might be an issue for players that focuses on breeding to earn treasures. But it won't be much of a problem for coliseum grinder or faire games players.

The way I see it, one of the probable solution is to improve dominance system, making it irresistible so people would want to race to the top, therefore exalting more dragons.

The other is to come up with an entirely new system... Not sure what is though... >_<
Yes, I think it might be an issue for players that focuses on breeding to earn treasures. But it won&#039;t be much of a problem for coliseum grinder or faire games players.

The way I see it, one of the probable solution is to improve dominance system, making it irresistible so people would want to race to the top, therefore exalting more dragons.

The other is to come up with an entirely new system... Not sure what is though... >_<
@ruina, I was thinking that if there was more treasure incentive to exalt that might help clear up some of the saturation. I am not sure how much treasure people usually get for exalting, but it does not seem comparable to selling them in the forums or AH.
@ruina, I was thinking that if there was more treasure incentive to exalt that might help clear up some of the saturation. I am not sure how much treasure people usually get for exalting, but it does not seem comparable to selling them in the forums or AH.
I think if the exalting/dominance system was further refined to make it more enticing to exalt undesirable hatchlings rather than flood the AH with them, things would improve.

Right now there are a ton of very low priced &#039;meh&#039; coloured hatchlings that would actually get their breeders more if they waited five days, leveled them in the coliseum a little, and netted the 10kish exalting moneies.
I think if the exalting/dominance system was further refined to make it more enticing to exalt undesirable hatchlings rather than flood the AH with them, things would improve.

Right now there are a ton of very low priced &#039;meh&#039; coloured hatchlings that would actually get their breeders more if they waited five days, leveled them in the coliseum a little, and netted the 10kish exalting moneies.
@Ruina
You gave me the best idea. I am off the suggestions forum!
@Ruina
You gave me the best idea. I am off the suggestions forum!
they/them
@karmastew

There is a lot of fear over too much increasing the exaltation payouts, inflation is one of the them.

Because right now, the problem is not the payout, but the value of the dragons that keeps on dwindling. Every player is capable on breeding dragons, thus making dragons a bountiful and unlimited resource, this means they do not have high value at all. :(
@karmastew

There is a lot of fear over too much increasing the exaltation payouts, inflation is one of the them.

Because right now, the problem is not the payout, but the value of the dragons that keeps on dwindling. Every player is capable on breeding dragons, thus making dragons a bountiful and unlimited resource, this means they do not have high value at all. :(
They did up the reward for exalting. I think people just forget about it.

Here&#039;s the deal though. Our dragons have been selling for tons of moneys. Now the market is saturated, as was inevitable. We really need to understand that we&#039;ve been overpricing our dragons from the get go. Maybe a lot, maybe a little, but we need to adjust with the times.

But once we are open again with more new people I think we&#039;ll pick up.
They did up the reward for exalting. I think people just forget about it.

Here&#039;s the deal though. Our dragons have been selling for tons of moneys. Now the market is saturated, as was inevitable. We really need to understand that we&#039;ve been overpricing our dragons from the get go. Maybe a lot, maybe a little, but we need to adjust with the times.

But once we are open again with more new people I think we&#039;ll pick up.
hatchery.png
The starter breeds were never really meant to be valuable. People who have been here from the beginning just feel entitled to a higher price because that&#039;s what they were selling for at first, and now everyone feels like they&#039;re losing out, when in reality, they were ridiculously inflated before and now they&#039;re settling down to what they ought to be.

I do agree that there should be changes in the dominance system, though. They need to give people more incentive to compete. More /personal/ incentive to compete. Right now it&#039;s the equivalent of voting in a national election; everyone thinks &#039;Well, me exalting five more dragons isn&#039;t really going to make a difference in anything with so many people competing. I&#039;ll just sit back and let everyone else try to earn Dominance, then, if we do win, I can collect the rewards just like everyone else in my flight without having to exalt a single dragon&#039;. And no one exalts anything in the end. What we should have is some sort of points awarding system, that you get to spend if your flight wins dominance, on some really cool prizes, depending on how many points you earned, with super awesome prizes for super high exalters. That way, if your flight does win, you aren&#039;t getting hauled into the reward on the backs of the people in your flight who actually worked hard to win.
The starter breeds were never really meant to be valuable. People who have been here from the beginning just feel entitled to a higher price because that&#039;s what they were selling for at first, and now everyone feels like they&#039;re losing out, when in reality, they were ridiculously inflated before and now they&#039;re settling down to what they ought to be.

I do agree that there should be changes in the dominance system, though. They need to give people more incentive to compete. More /personal/ incentive to compete. Right now it&#039;s the equivalent of voting in a national election; everyone thinks &#039;Well, me exalting five more dragons isn&#039;t really going to make a difference in anything with so many people competing. I&#039;ll just sit back and let everyone else try to earn Dominance, then, if we do win, I can collect the rewards just like everyone else in my flight without having to exalt a single dragon&#039;. And no one exalts anything in the end. What we should have is some sort of points awarding system, that you get to spend if your flight wins dominance, on some really cool prizes, depending on how many points you earned, with super awesome prizes for super high exalters. That way, if your flight does win, you aren&#039;t getting hauled into the reward on the backs of the people in your flight who actually worked hard to win.
9Crhd6q.png
For the past few days, it was difficult for anyone to earn any treasure because the fairgrounds and coliseum were down. They also closed registration so there are no new players seeking fresh blood for their lair. Some people are still recovering from the lack of treasure for the last few days. Not everyone has the time to max out the lucky streak every single day. Give it a week before things bounce back and a week after registration opens again. I&#039;m sure things would go back to normal
For the past few days, it was difficult for anyone to earn any treasure because the fairgrounds and coliseum were down. They also closed registration so there are no new players seeking fresh blood for their lair. Some people are still recovering from the lack of treasure for the last few days. Not everyone has the time to max out the lucky streak every single day. Give it a week before things bounce back and a week after registration opens again. I&#039;m sure things would go back to normal
fortrade.png1584781.png1584778.png
1 2