Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Saturated Market
1 2
You can get about 10K for a level 6 dragon, which is pretty easy to grind to; I would guess that the hatchling price will eventually settle around 8-10K for starters. Eventually, the non-starter breeds will also come down in price to maybe a few thousand more than that, about 15K. That will take a bit longer.

One thing that would pick up the prices a bit would be to have dragons age and die as well, or to become less fertile as they age at least. Perhaps making one or two egg nests routinely.

You can get about 10K for a level 6 dragon, which is pretty easy to grind to; I would guess that the hatchling price will eventually settle around 8-10K for starters. Eventually, the non-starter breeds will also come down in price to maybe a few thousand more than that, about 15K. That will take a bit longer.

One thing that would pick up the prices a bit would be to have dragons age and die as well, or to become less fertile as they age at least. Perhaps making one or two egg nests routinely.

177499lightofknowledge2.png
Most people are still quoting not having treasure as the reason for not buying. I'm certainly among them--I can only get the puzzles to work, and dear lord am I TIRED of puzzles. I can't even coliseum anymore, though that only started as of yesterday.

/twiddles thumbs
Most people are still quoting not having treasure as the reason for not buying. I'm certainly among them--I can only get the puzzles to work, and dear lord am I TIRED of puzzles. I can't even coliseum anymore, though that only started as of yesterday.

/twiddles thumbs
b9aWflB.png
:: Neon Wing Breeder ::
This is actually what the exalt system is there for. The admins knew this would happen and so did beta players. The prices of common breeds will be drivin down by sheer numbers and it makes the exalt system worth while, especially to take dragons out of the breeding world.
This is actually what the exalt system is there for. The admins knew this would happen and so did beta players. The prices of common breeds will be drivin down by sheer numbers and it makes the exalt system worth while, especially to take dragons out of the breeding world.
In addition to Ryha's statement, I should say:

It has not only been expected but planned for that nice-colored starter-breed dragons would be worth a little over exaltation amount-- which WAS ~1k and is now ~2k (I think?). Prices will never drop under that, since someone will just buy up all tthe cheap hatchlings and exalt them for a profit.

Your "saturation" and "horrible price drop" of dragons (and even the complaints of "money is too hard to get") are all caused by the fact that, until people could get nests out, dragons (and basically everything else) have been horribly, horribly overpriced due to a scarcity in the market.

The marketplace prices, exaltation amount, and fairgrounds games were designed so that starter breeds would be easy and cheap to get (After all, the bottom price will be 2k and you can get that much in under ten minutes in Runestones or Puzzle), while genes and non-starter breeds would be very expensive. Apparel is something you would plan carefully and only purchase as icing on the cake for a few special dragons-- after all, you could buy five hatchlings for the same price as that hood!

If you want even more proof of this, just look at the Gilded chests. They are a one-in-a-million (or some other horribly high number) find in Digging, the top tier of chest, and something that would take you WEEKS of work to finally get to through Swipp. And what do they give you?

Under 20k, ~10 gems, and familiar, a piece of apparel, and maybe a rare material or something.

That is what the amazing specialchest gives you. It might seem low now, but consider the fact that the admins looked at the prices they set for everything, the exaltation rates and the items found and decided that "yup, this is definitely the right output for our really rare chest!"

TLDR: The market isn't oversaturated, this is what's supposed to happen. Now stop complaining and enjoy the cheap dragons. ;)
In addition to Ryha's statement, I should say:

It has not only been expected but planned for that nice-colored starter-breed dragons would be worth a little over exaltation amount-- which WAS ~1k and is now ~2k (I think?). Prices will never drop under that, since someone will just buy up all tthe cheap hatchlings and exalt them for a profit.

Your "saturation" and "horrible price drop" of dragons (and even the complaints of "money is too hard to get") are all caused by the fact that, until people could get nests out, dragons (and basically everything else) have been horribly, horribly overpriced due to a scarcity in the market.

The marketplace prices, exaltation amount, and fairgrounds games were designed so that starter breeds would be easy and cheap to get (After all, the bottom price will be 2k and you can get that much in under ten minutes in Runestones or Puzzle), while genes and non-starter breeds would be very expensive. Apparel is something you would plan carefully and only purchase as icing on the cake for a few special dragons-- after all, you could buy five hatchlings for the same price as that hood!

If you want even more proof of this, just look at the Gilded chests. They are a one-in-a-million (or some other horribly high number) find in Digging, the top tier of chest, and something that would take you WEEKS of work to finally get to through Swipp. And what do they give you?

Under 20k, ~10 gems, and familiar, a piece of apparel, and maybe a rare material or something.

That is what the amazing specialchest gives you. It might seem low now, but consider the fact that the admins looked at the prices they set for everything, the exaltation rates and the items found and decided that "yup, this is definitely the right output for our really rare chest!"

TLDR: The market isn't oversaturated, this is what's supposed to happen. Now stop complaining and enjoy the cheap dragons. ;)
ZT1GQLd.png
@Ruinia and all; You may be interested in my suggestion for an Exaltation Overhaul. It's usually on the first page of suggestions. It may be a good route; it's a new system meant to take out the real flaws of Exaltation.
@Ruinia and all; You may be interested in my suggestion for an Exaltation Overhaul. It's usually on the first page of suggestions. It may be a good route; it's a new system meant to take out the real flaws of Exaltation.
Fayd's Exaltation Overhaul
The ******* Links are correct. There's a bug preventing direct Forum URLs.
@Tunesmith - I see, and that is all understandable. I think the common breeds SHOULD be worth rather low, so that new players have immediate access to new dragons of their choice. I think the problem might come from the huge step that people have to make in order to reach the next "tier" of dragons.
@Tunesmith - I see, and that is all understandable. I think the common breeds SHOULD be worth rather low, so that new players have immediate access to new dragons of their choice. I think the problem might come from the huge step that people have to make in order to reach the next "tier" of dragons.
rGQO6V7.png
I don't see a problem, honestly. Eh-colored dragons and starter breeds SHOULD be cheap, and they are. All the rare breeds are still expensive, and they should be.

If you don't like it, then how about this--making dominance, not exalting, more profitable would clear up the market quite a bit, and it would make exalting without rewards, even, a lot more fun.
I don't see a problem, honestly. Eh-colored dragons and starter breeds SHOULD be cheap, and they are. All the rare breeds are still expensive, and they should be.

If you don't like it, then how about this--making dominance, not exalting, more profitable would clear up the market quite a bit, and it would make exalting without rewards, even, a lot more fun.
I'd love a tweak on dominane where you get points for your own clan and when you get enough points you can get exlusive items.

Should help make dominance more desirable and drain more hatchlings.
I'd love a tweak on dominane where you get points for your own clan and when you get enough points you can get exlusive items.

Should help make dominance more desirable and drain more hatchlings.
~
1 2